Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
anyone have problems with the new nvidia drivers? I thought it might be an enb or reshade I installed so I deleted all that but fallout crashes instantly as soon as I open the executable the only difference is I used geforce experience to download the newest driver from 11/9. instant crashes. I reverted to 11/4 and instant crashed still! Im reinstalling the game right now but did anyone else have this problem? how the hell can this happen you would think the old drivers would work

edit: ah I think I figured it oiut, I had the game set at 4k and when I reinstalled the drivers it disabled DSR

Meowbot fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Smol posted:

Found some crazy Mr. Gutsy near Sunshine tidings Co-op. Guess I'm not going that way, that thing just one-shots me if I go near it. :staredog:

Back Hack posted:

Is any else getting instantly killed by none-legendary SMG equipped Mr. Gutsy? All the ones I've encountered are able to literally shoot a thousands rounds per second of perfectly accurate .45 rounds that kill me in power armor in half a second.

It's not just "that" Mr. Gutsy, it's all the ballistic tooting Mr. Gutsy, I've just run into the third one capable of that; I think it's a bug.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Also, how do you fix the bug where the radio transmitter at The Castle has power, but the NPC won't man it? He keeps saying it needs power, but it does. And I can't manually assign him to the drat thing.

Thinking the raid pulled him out of his chair and the coders forgot to make it so that he'd go back to running the station afterwards. I have no idea how to force him back into handling the transmitter though.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
While avoiding a Deathclaw, I discovered that you can use power armor to become a submarine and walk on the bottom of harbors. :radcat:

But since you can't climb in this game, finding an exit point once on the bottom of a body of water can be a real pain. Also, it really seems like you get sent to the Castle early in the game. Granted, you can tell him you'd rather wait, but I did that for like 6 levels, then finally went and still felt rather undertiered for both the trip down there and the fight that awaits. Good rewards, though, once you do it.

Archonex posted:

Also, how do you fix the bug where the radio transmitter at The Castle has power, but the NPC won't man it? He keeps saying it needs power, but it does. And I can't manually assign him to the drat thing.

Thinking the raid pulled him out of his chair and the coders forgot to make it so that he'd go back to running the station afterwards. I have no idea how to force him back into handling the transmitter though.

How much power did you give it?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

it's 12/25/2287 :3:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
While I'm told it's a hard speech check, I managed to ask Mama Murphy to stop using chems. Of course, I only tried it after her dying from Pycho and reloading.

Feel free to spoil it, what are the consequences either way? Her earlier suggestion with the crime lord worked and one of her later warnings seems like it'll trigger something else down the line, so I'm mostly just wondering if her overdose triggers something later too.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Cleared out Federal Ration Stockpile and kinda regretted it at the end. That story, man. Jeepers.

Exited via the Lonely Chapel and got a hell of a view of a nuclear lightning storm.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

mlmp08 posted:

How much power did you give it?

It's got twenty so far. Which is twice as much. Ten wasn't doing it so I wasn't sure if it was secretly hooked up to the built in infrastructure or not. The power sign in the workshop system for the transmitter is green so I assume that means it's powered.

It was working just fine for awhile. Then a raider patrol attacked and got gunned down. Now the unorderable minuteman that mans the station is just standing there and refusing to work on the drat thing. When I give it power he walks up to the chair for a minute, stands there, then walks back to the place where he waits when it isn't working.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Propaganda Hour posted:

Cleared out Federal Ration Stockpile and kinda regretted it at the end. That story, man. Jeepers.

The best thing is, it's just not a random story. I found a terminal that depicts the story from the side of the gang who stole Red Tourretts (sp?) sister.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ShadowMar posted:

it's 12/25/2287 :3:

That's awesome

Also I just put a .50 receiver on my hunting rifle and threw my sniper rifle away.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Taking the journey through the Glowing Sea in my power armor is now one of my favorite video game moments. I did it at night, so it felt like walking through Venus or another alien planet.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

And we have already reached the pinnacle of FO4 modding.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Despite being completely pointless and occasionally frustrating, I've been enjoying the base building stuff. Think I've finally settled on this one I made at The Slog. The settlements I created at the gas station and Hangman's Alley were a bit too cramped and had major pathfinding issues, while Sanctuary was a bit too spread out and desolate. This one is just right, and the poolside atmosphere makes it feel downright cheery compared to the rest of the game.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
What perks increase shotgun damage? The normal rifle perk for semiautomatic shotguns and the automatic rifle perk for automatic shotguns (assuming they exist)?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dandywalken posted:

Beat game, did Institute thing. Ending not being in the Fallout-style was a downer.

Nick Valentine was a good character.

Overall good game, look forward to mods. A bit buggy, had to bypass one quest manually (the Taking Independence one I mentioned) using console but meh.

Picked the same(best) faction and agree the ending was lame as gently caress. Same cutscene for everyone and no mention of anything else you did or didn't do.

nosl posted:

I'd be glad to contribute.

While I'm on the spree of asking annoying questions (haven't asked any in this thread before this, just made commentary),

Is there a shop within the institute? I saw someone 10 pages back or so mentioned getting a plasma rifle within the institute, not sure if he meant he bought it or just looted it.

I think I'll just hold off on the power armor so I can get it at level 30.

There is a shop there. It's on the ground level. There are only 4 locations so just check each one while in the main area with the elevator.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Archonex posted:

I've replayed it a few times now since I was curious why it was set up the way it was. Turns out it's actually a really easy fight. Sure as poo poo will make you want to crap your pants the first time you encounter it though.

The easy way to do it is...

To let Strong murder the gently caress out of it with Grognak's Axe. You can like run around and stuff, if you want, but that's optional.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Never thought the base building would consume my time so much. It's really fun to gently caress around with the power and light stuff. My workshop has strobe lights and disco balls all over. Its the most poppin work area in the whole wasteland.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Smol posted:

What perks increase shotgun damage? The normal rifle perk for semiautomatic shotguns and the automatic rifle perk for automatic shotguns (assuming they exist)?

idk if auto shotguns exist but yeah the regular ones count as rifles

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Legs Benedict posted:

so what's the trick to killing assaultrons, gently caress those things

Their head is very heavily armor. I just pop off their legs which does a ton of damage to them. A headshot would do like 15-20% of its total health while a legshot would do 65%+

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I bought the dvd version because I have really slow internet. Please tell me this isn't happening?

Why would they do this? Only 5gb on the dvd?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I have finally become one with my inner woodland terrorist

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Archonex posted:

Is it's power switch on? I know you said it is green for power but you could try toggling that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've been wearing the pompadour wig and sunglasses all game and there is nothing you can do to stop me

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The Railway Rifle has been great for screenshots:

Also, this pleases me for some reason:

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Jippa posted:

I bought the dvd version because I have really slow internet. Please tell me this isn't happening?

Why would they do this? Only 5gb on the dvd?

I assume it's only one dvd given your wording, so yep. That's the capacity of a non-dual layer dvd.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I challenge somebody to make a settlement in Hangman's Alley that is both productive and aesthetically pleasing. That place was not meant to be lived in.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
What's the best way to set up supply runs for settlements? If I run everything out of Sanctuary should I send people from there to individual settlements, or if I send from one to the next to the next and so on will the last in the chain be linked to Sanctuary?

Also, are there any good traders for shipments of nuclear material?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Coolwhoami posted:

I assume it's only one dvd given your wording, so yep. That's the capacity of a non-dual layer dvd.

What a waste of time? I've never bought a game that did this before? Why would they bother?

e- gently caress me

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/97004/20151020/fallout-4-pc-disc-does-not-pack-the-full-game-says-bethesda-exec-heres-the-deal.htm

Jippa fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 14, 2015

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I have no idea how supply lines work so my supply network is a mess of criss crossing lines going from everywhere to everywhere, more or less. It... Seems to work? Probably wildly inefficient but idgaf.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

90%+ of my deaths so far have been instantaneous annihilation from missiles, fat men, mines, and other explosives. Is there anything out there that heavily reduces incoming explosive damage? Maybe a legendary mod or a specific rank of some perk that I'm overlooking?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Vargs posted:

90%+ of my deaths so far have been instantaneous annihilation from missiles, fat men, mines, and other explosives. Is there anything out there that heavily reduces incoming explosive damage? Maybe a legendary mod or a specific rank of some perk that I'm overlooking?

there's some armor mods that reduce explosive damage.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Coolwhoami posted:

Is it's power switch on? I know you said it is green for power but you could try toggling that.

It doesn't have a power switch. You power it up after a quest. You connect the generators and then activate the transmitter and that's it. It's different from the settler transmitters.

Apparently this is a big bug affecting the game at the moment. Though apparently there aren't too many people that far in yet. There's a fairly large reddit thread here discussing it and another bug. None of their fixes actually work though. https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3sdc4v/stuck_on_old_guns_quest/

Edit: To be clear, the power requirements are met. It's the personnel requirements that aren't met. A NPC you can't control typically mans it. He has decided to stand up near the radio transmitter and cease broadcasting the radio channel. Since I can't assign him to it and the transmitter won't let anyone else be assigned to it due to the game requiring it be manned by the essential NPC the station is offline until I figure out how to fix this bug.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 14, 2015

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Jippa posted:

What a waste of time? I've never bought a game that did this before? Why would they bother?

I assume it's because they didn't want to spend the extra cash on more disks but still wanted boxed copies on shelves. I also suspect they looked at previous rates of box purchases to disk installs and figured it wasn't worthwhile, which sucks for people in your position who don't have the ability to easily download 25 gigs of game files. I'm surprised they even had content on it at all and didn't just do poo poo like antivirus software does where the disk just has a link to the download page.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Would it be fine if I sent one person from each settlement on a supply run to sanctuary. I'm assuming that would work pretty decent unless I'm wrong.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Coolwhoami posted:

I assume it's because they didn't want to spend the extra cash on more disks but still wanted boxed copies on shelves. I also suspect they looked at previous rates of box purchases to disk installs and figured it wasn't worthwhile, which sucks for people in your position who don't have the ability to easily download 25 gigs of game files. I'm surprised they even had content on it at all and didn't just do poo poo like antivirus software does where the disk just has a link to the download page.

It's to do with piracy apparently. Any way it sucks. Oh well :(

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Infinity Gaia posted:

I have no idea how supply lines work so my supply network is a mess of criss crossing lines going from everywhere to everywhere, more or less. It... Seems to work? Probably wildly inefficient but idgaf.

I don't think there's any problem, as long as a settlement is connected to a settlement that's connect to all the rest you seem to get access to all their inventories instantly.

Internet Kraken posted:

I challenge somebody to make a settlement in Hangman's Alley that is both productive and aesthetically pleasing. That place was not meant to be lived in.

I bet you could make it look like an indoor garden, put some comfy furniture around, dress everyone nice, use mutfruits fro the food supply and make it look like they're potted plants, it could work, going to need a lot of lighting though.

Doompants
May 22, 2015

Ahdinko posted:

Did Bethesda just drop a Gary Glitter joke?

Could just be a reference to the Gary vault in FA3, youtube it, fairly hilarious.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm seriously not impressed after getting to the first raider stronghold and getting murked by turrets. I'm glad I haven't paid money for this garbage, New Vegas was better, Did they try to say it wasn't a Gambryo joint, because it's totally a Gambryo joint.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Archonex posted:

It doesn't have a power switch. You power it up after a quest. You connect the generators and then activate the transmitter and that's it. It's different from the settler transmitters.

Apparently this is a big bug affecting the game at the moment. Though apparently there aren't too many people that far in yet. There's a fairly large reddit thread here discussing it and another bug. None of their fixes actually work though. https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3sdc4v/stuck_on_old_guns_quest/

Edit: To be clear, the power requirements are met. It's the personnel requirements that aren't met. A NPC you can't control typically mans it. He has decided to stand up near the radio transmitter and cease broadcasting the radio channel. Since I can't assign him to it and the transmitter won't let anyone else be assigned to it due to the game requiring it be manned by the essential NPC the station is offline until I figure out how to fix this bug.

I am aware of how it works, this is why I was asking. There is a console that says "activate" when hovered over, although admittedly that is not a switch in look it does somewhat act like one. Have you tried doing as some in that thread have and removing (ie storing) or disabling generators and then repowering them? I am very aware of how these things can be unfixable bugs, but it is worth trying all possible user implementable solutions in the meantime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Lmao the Survival difficulty is so dumb. So many things just one shot you so it's not hard so much as an exercise in save scumming when you get randomly killed

• Locked thread