Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

THC posted:

they must be getting some unreal tax benefits from the israeli government

either that or their executives are insane zionist fanatics

or both i guess

or they were just born before like 1980 ish and so the concept just makes sense to them. personally i think we should have just given florida to all of the jews but there ar eprobably some religoious reasons that wouldnt be acceptable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

my dad went on a business trip to the Israel Design Center once and he had to wear a kevlar vest and a hard hat in case of mortar/rocket attack. lmao

i can't be bothered to back up this statement with facts, but i'd bet he was in far more danger of being killed by a car (or maybe even plane) accident than any mortar/rocket

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
imagine a sexy olive skinned babe with a hard toned body, lethal krav maga skills, and an m16 slung over her shoulder. hell, put that bitch in camo pants, combat boots - and a bikini top. slicked with sweat. ive seen it, and you can too - in beautiful tel aviv. shalom nevergirls

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dress me up like a palistinian and bulldoze my home with your thighs BABY!!! RIP MY HEAD OFF! YEA!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

maybe they should give Florida to the natives it was stolen from instead of a bunch of bloodthirsty Jews

just a thought

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Smythe posted:

imagine a sexy olive skinned babe with a hard toned body, lethal krav maga skills, and an m16 slung over her shoulder. hell, put that bitch in camo pants, combat boots - and a bikini top. slicked with sweat. ive seen it, and you can too - in beautiful tel aviv. shalom nevergirls

my meek whiny liberal pacifism only barely masks my fetish for military uniforms

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

maybe cremnob is right re: intel. 5 generations of desktop CPUs show almost no improvement in more gaming. but that's gaming where the GPU is more important i guess.

THC posted:

outspoken human rights advocate tim cook praised JSIL once a while back but i cant find a more recent case

:(

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

extra fast processors from the holy land

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ever night i dream about being suplexed to death by a sexy IDF praying mantis of a woman

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

not that funny when you consider the rampant child sexual abuse by occupation forces

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

not that funny when you consider the rampant child sexual abuse by occupation forces

PleasureKevin posted:

i'm in and will shoot silver alicorn an email later.

prologue:

i just moved into an apartment and it's basically empty. there's a rule about this apartment, though: only good, well-considered, ethical crap goes in it. like i want to slowly build it into a place that reflects myself and my values rather than just do an ikea run. so for you the gift getter there's basically a chance to buy anything! but also it should not be bad for the planet or whatever, please

turn offs:

novelty items
candy
meat except sea meat (vegetarian lol)

turn ons:

Apple products
cooking/kitchen things
metal cups from asia
alcohol (honestly on a non-drinking binge atm, but it'll pass)

turn ons very much big time:

GTX ~970 (stock speed, blower cooler only, mini PC build)
1440p 144hz monitor
Blendtec Total Blender/Classic (probably buying this on friday though)
A queen size futon
330W power brick for Alienware X51

a list of interests since i don't know if the above says anything useful:

movies with a dystopian future
communism (no relation)
really weird mangas
genre-busting stuff like Watchmen, Evangelion and MGS 2
feminism
Club Monaco
sushi

EDIT:

oh, i'm a web developer
i don't really play video games cause i lack a monitor and mouse
really wanna play metal gear solid 3, 4 and 5 though
clothing size is small to medium tops, size 32 waist, 30 length for pants
tiny tiny feet like size 41?
i have a iPhone 5S and iPad Air and Macbook Air

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ok

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Soldier of Fortran posted:

i can't be bothered to back up this statement with facts, but i'd bet he was in far more danger of being killed by a car (or maybe even plane) accident than any mortar/rocket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpqiHchsbE0

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

there was hell to pay for that

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Apple has multiple R&D centers in Israel, they know where the best tech is.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

man third party apps on the new android tablet look p. bad

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Pinterest Mom posted:

man third party apps on the new android tablet look p. bad

Twitter is dumb and their app does this on every iPad. remember when they had the cool layers that slid in and out? well gently caress that, you just get a fuckton of white space instead

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it's good in split screen. Safari with Twitter on the side vey naice

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the single highest cause of death in the entire mediterranean is getting executed in public by the idf

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Snapchat A Titty posted:

the single highest cause of death in the entire mediterranean is getting executed in public by the idf

good, maybe those idiots should have tried worshipping the right god

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Snapchat A Titty posted:

lmao, do you people actually believe this?

more Syrian died in the last year at the hands of other muslims than the number of palestinians killed in the entire history of their conflict with Israel.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

The Management posted:

more Syrian died in the last year at the hands of other muslims than the number of palestinians killed in the entire history of their conflict with Israel.

lomarf snype

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

PleasureKevin posted:

...cremnob was right?

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

PleasureKevin posted:

maybe cremnob is right re: intel. 5 generations of desktop CPUs show almost no improvement in more gaming. but that's gaming where the GPU is more important i guess.

:(

lots of speed increases on the higher end intel and nvidia stuff for people who render. games just don't push desktop tech

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ipod pro looks hella tight as gently caress. except for the noose around its neck which is ios

honsetly they'd be beter porting osx to it. then it would be the game changing device the surface wished it could be

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
theres never gonna be a mac os ipad. it makes 0 sense.

apple wants companies to make ios pro software. most ctos are old idiots who have never used a mac but they have iphones and like them. it threatens windows on the enterprise and it helps the iphone.

microsoft put windows desktop on the surface because its the only credible os they have

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

apple could sell a shitload of iPads pro with some Xcode extension that lets you demo iOS with session recording and screen sharing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

right now we literally mount an iPhone on a stand with a camera pointed at it to do user testing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The Management posted:

i dont think anybody believes it

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

qirex posted:

right now we literally mount an iPhone on a stand with a camera pointed at it to do user testing

?

why not just plug it into a Mac and use QuickTime?

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

poty posted:

theres never gonna be a mac os ipad. it makes 0 sense.

apple wants companies to make ios pro software. most ctos are old idiots who have never used a mac but they have iphones and like them. it threatens windows on the enterprise and it helps the iphone.

microsoft put windows desktop on the surface because its the only credible os they have

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
OS X doesn't work without a mouse. a mouse doesn't make sense on a tablet. if you want a device with a mouse, keyboard, and OS X, they already sell that

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

The Management posted:

OS X doesn't work without a mouse. a mouse doesn't make sense on a tablet. if you want a device with a mouse, keyboard, and OS X, they already sell that

quoting this when apple does it and everyone pulls a complete 180

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

THC posted:

it's good in split screen. Safari with Twitter on the side vey naice

you can put tweetbot there

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i mean i didn't ean you have to osx on it but if the ipad pro is going to be anything more than an ipad plus theya re gonna have to keep giving ios more fiel sytsem poo poo, more intra app intregation etc

i mean, stuff theya re kind doing, but we can all see it's becoming less weidly as a mobile os and really blurring the lines between that and a desktop os

welp. if anyone can pull it off itll be apple, but I think its fundametnally messy, in te way that the settings app is alrady a shambles compard to what it used to be

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

imad

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lol

http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/14/ipad-pro-a9x-chip/

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

lmao, guy that doesn't understand chips writes about chips, proves that he is an idiot.

quote:

In fact, you could argue that it's more likely that Apple would create an iPad Pro with an Intel chip than a Mac with an Apple chip. Intel really wants in on Apple's iOS business, and if it reaches its goals for the next few years, why should Apple continue to design its own chips? It's a useless expense.

Apple built a single-purpose world class chip design team, and spends billions producing the best mobile chips in the world, but an Engadget writer thinks it's a useless expense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
sounds legit

• Locked thread