Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Or you can just drink a lot. I find that helps.

in my case, that risks causing a 3.7 Fl event for others when I crash truck into a school bus or a tracy morgan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Rodatose posted:

in my case, that risks causing a 3.7 Fl event for others when I crash truck into a school bus or a tracy morgan

There's this disruptive thing called Uber, it's breaking all the rules in a really cool way.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Foppery posted:

Pinkerton

Let's name my album "Serbian Black Hand Hitler Khmer Rouge" because the words sound cool rofl, rolling on the floor laughing

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Cool Bear posted:

No emotion is appropriate or worthwhile.

Nobody can say "oh good emotion there"

"Hmm you should have had a different emotion there"

jealousy is a bad and dumb emotion

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

SedanChair posted:

jealousy is a bad and dumb emotion

Actually Vegeta was a cool and good character.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

There's this disruptive thing called Uber, it's breaking all the rules in a really cool way.

some parisian taxis gave people free rides in the night, uber would have jacked their prices up lol

Foppery
Dec 27, 2013

I POSSESS THE POWER CHRONIC

Cool Bear posted:

Let's name my album "Serbian Black Hand Hitler Khmer Rouge" because the words sound cool rofl, rolling on the floor laughing

It's actually named after a character in an opera

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

my job is semi truck drive

you are not allowed to carry any amount of alcohol in a truck, operate a truck within 4 hours of consuming alcohol or enter a truck with a BAC of .04

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

gently caress anything named pinkerton!!!

edit: weezer sucks except the sweater song

Foppery
Dec 27, 2013

Cool Bear posted:

gently caress anything named pinkerton!!!

Why?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Pinkerton's security did a lot of strikebreaking back in the day

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

they killed union people sometimes

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Do you ever question how the narrative shifted from class warfare to nationalism and war between capitalist states? The tragedy of World War One repeated on a smaller scale?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE307ZO3AvM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx_J6eam8QQ

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

They give McClellan bad intel during the Civil War, allowing the South to extend the war for three years.

Also the Unions.

Exclamation Marx posted:

some parisian taxis gave people free rides in the night, uber would have jacked their prices up lol

The sublime beauty of capitalism in action.

Foppery
Dec 27, 2013

but the album isn't named after the pinkerton organization though, it's named after a character from Madame Butterfly

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Foppery posted:

but the album isn't named after the pinkerton organization though, it's named after a character from Madam Butterfly

hush, don't try to derail this hate train

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

They give McClellan bad intel during the Civil War, allowing the South to extend the war for three years.

Also the Unions.

The sublime beauty of capitalism in action.

And as pups pointed out, they still exist :tinfoil:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

He should have taken a swig of liquor instead of water at the end imo

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Foppery posted:

but the album isn't named after the pinkerton organization though, it's named after a character from Madam Butterfly

well thats what youd say isnt it

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

the_paradigm_shift posted:

And as pups pointed out, they still exist :tinfoil:

Wow, that's creepy as gently caress.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Weezer band member idiots: " The Pinkertons sounds bad rear end"

People who have no idea about history: "Yeah that sounds like a cool idea, it is great that you know a little bit about history, unlike me, your agent"

Recording company: "Hey these guys like what they like, and they are succesful with their one song that was ever good, Buddy Holly which sucked really badly, but it sells, lol what the gently caress did they say their album name is ok god drat that is stupid but whatever they can sell their poo poo, they know how to sell garbage poo poo which belongs in the trashcan for morons, good for them"

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Foppery posted:

but the album isn't named after the pinkerton organization though, it's named after a character from Madame Butterfly

oh yeah

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

You won't catch Pink Floyd or Daft Punk accidentally naming their album after hitler like a retarded idiot. Weezer is garbage.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Wow, that's creepy as gently caress.

on the other hand, there's a sort of dark amusement to be had from the fact that they got bought out by svens

how the mighty have fallen, etc

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 14, 2015

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

PupsOfWar posted:

on the other hand, there's a sort of amusement to be had from the fact that they got bought out by svens

how the mighty have fallen, etc

No I don't trust the Swedes. They're probably cloning Gustavus Adolphus and biding their sweet time as we speak.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

"Our new album just dropped, it's called 'Gestapo' because the Gestapo was really bad rear end"

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

"Tune in for hits such as

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
how do you even insult a swede I wonder?

I'm struggling to think of anything.

Way too Lutheran?

Some of your food is gross?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

No I don't trust the Swedes. They're probably cloning Gustavus Adolphus and biding their sweet time as we speak.

they cant clone him, he died on catholic turf and thus his cell cultures would be rejected by any good protestant cloning vat

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PupsOfWar posted:

they cant clone him, he died on catholic turf and thus his cell cultures would be rejected by any good protestant cloning vat

He'd probably just go all Frankenstein's monster when he finds out what his daughter got up to anyway.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Well I have to be into the office in 7 hours, so I should probably get what drunken sleep I can. Please tranq cool bear and re-release him into the wild in a humane manner.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

paragon1 posted:

how do you even insult a swede I wonder?

I'm struggling to think of anything.

Way too Lutheran?

Some of your food is gross?

racist, colonialist, backward, culturally-irrelevant, not actually different from norges or danes, aesthetically-inept, insular, tone-deaf, constitutionally cowardly,

basically the same stuff you do with any western/northern european, or with americans from affluent suburbs

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

gently caress it's cold, first freezing temp this year

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

alternatively assail their favorite historical figures

like you could imply that Gustavus Adolphus and Torstenson just exploited Stålhandske's labor while taking credit for his exploits

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

badass

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
this is everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ZYgpHTOCY

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

fallout 4 finally crashed after nearly 30 hours of game time

sorry lads its a real bad game

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This was awhile ago but I remember reading about this years ago and it's the right decision based on the law

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

twenty more minutes until the weekend

but I'm all out of booze :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

can't wait for politoons' take on this one

• Locked thread