Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Bad Moon posted:

It's Barry. What we saw was Earth 2 Barry

So, Zoom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

What does Barry-2's dad have to do with any of this? :confused:

Vilkata
Jun 22, 2004

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah Oliver's speech at the gravesite makes me think it's someone he looked up to more than just loves, so I'm thinking either Detective Lance or Diggle

I would guess it's Lance and Oliver feels responsible because he encouraged Lance to stay close to Darkh.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chokes McGee posted:

What does Barry-2's dad have to do with any of this? :confused:

I take it back, it's not Barry in the grave it's E2 Robert Queen :stare:

Also how great is we can speculate about this and have it be a possibility. These shows!

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 12, 2015

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Bad Moon posted:

I take it back, it's not Barry in the grave it's E2 Robert Queen :stare:

Also how great is we can speculate about this and have it be a possibility. These shows!

Better yet, Darhk uses forbidden magic to make a Robert Queen homunculus that tells people the "Real story" of Oliver's five years after being lost at sea to ruin his mayoral campaign, and that's what's in the grave :allears:

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
So wait. John Diggles new codename is Spartan? What about the three seashells?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was hoping Dig would be the Guardian but he's probably off limits.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I know they didn't, but the terrible lighting in that scene made it look like they shot it on a bad blue screen.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

greatn posted:

Well they don't know it but the Lazarus pit was destroyed by Nyssa.

Did the bad guy on the island say something about what he's looking for is magic waters or something? I keep thinking whatever it is is lazarus pit-related.

BrianWilly posted:

Especially since, if you think about it, this is basically the same exact thing as that Mirakuru rage thing that Roy had.

Now that you pointed it out it's so obvious, and obvious how played out it is at this point.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Did the bad guy on the island say something about what he's looking for is magic waters or something? I keep thinking whatever it is is lazarus pit-related.

Oh, poo poo. The commander is Kobra.

e: :haw:

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Rhyno posted:

I was hoping Dig would be the Guardian but he's probably off limits.

Dig reveals that he's in deep cover and his last name at birth is Stewart.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm about finished with season 3 and I'm still confused by everyone making a huge deal out of killing when Diggle racks up body counts on his Suicide Squad missions like it's no ones business. Also I love how Diggle leaves Team Arrow after a Suicide Squad mission when 70% of the time Diggle is back at home base doing nothing during Arrow time.

I need to stop paying so much attention to the writing. This is not a show where you pay attention to the writing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh, poo poo. The commander is Kobra.

e: :haw:

Are they going to do the Corsican Brothers thing do you think?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Gordong Dongbay posted:

I'm about finished with season 3 and I'm still confused by everyone making a huge deal out of killing when Diggle racks up body counts on his Suicide Squad missions like it's no ones business. Also I love how Diggle leaves Team Arrow after a Suicide Squad mission when 70% of the time Diggle is back at home base doing nothing during Arrow time.

I need to stop paying so much attention to the writing. This is not a show where you pay attention to the writing.

Obviously no kill rules only apply on American soil.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

greatn posted:

Obviously no kill rules only apply on American soil.

It's blatant Imperialist bullshit!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Who'd have thought a black ops hit squad would kill people but street vigilantes would t :monocle:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Oracle posted:

Did anyone notice the traditional male/female role reversal in this episode, where Felicity is the hard-charging competent person who has to put her life and personal needs aside to save lives and Oliver is the inexperienced, less-intelligent but wanting to help domesticated support trying to make sure she eats/sleeps? (I invited your mom to dinner! I'm making chicken cordon bleu! I want to help! Go take a shower! And a nap!) I thought it was a very interesting juxtaposition from their relationship in previous seasons. Even at the end when they're making up Oliver is half-dressed reclining on the bed while Felicity is fully and modestly dressed, standing. It seemed very deliberate to me as well as completely in character for both. Not to mention the mom's constant objectification of him ('He's hot! And he cooks! Snatch this one up!') Hell even !Mr. Terrific got in a little 'he's straight, you're married' mantra to avoid chatting him up.

It also raised some important heretofore unaddressed questions for them as a couple. Felicity's 'I don't want to lose myself in him' tumbler-bait aside, now that the first exciting months are over she's starting to realize how different they are even outside of his 'pampered rich boy who spent five years being tortured on an island' background versus her 'not enough money to go to Space Camp raised by a cocktail waitress' one. She's obviously way more intelligent than he is and he's painfully aware of that fact (and she didn't waste any time driving that point home this episode). He knows Ray has a lot more in common with her than he ever will, and now he's back. Interesting seeing Oliver be the emotionally vulnerable and uncertain one, again a traditional role of the female love interest.

Pretty sure all this is deliberate and I'm interested to see where they're going with it.

This was a really good post, thanks.

I completely agree that it was definitely deliberate, setting up Ollie to make some sort of emotional miscalculation (that will end up putting whoever is in the grave - in the grave)

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

JuHoZ posted:

It's foreshadowing, in the finale Diggle will need to learn how to crochet. Also fight in the Restaurant Wars.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

aBagorn posted:

This was a really good post, thanks.

I completely agree that it was definitely deliberate, setting up Ollie to make some sort of emotional miscalculation (that will end up putting whoever is in the grave - in the grave)

Yup, that was a great post. I was going to respond to it but I was too drunk and/or stoned to figure out words.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

It still bothers me that Team Arrow broke into Kord Industries to steal the quantum doohickey and beat up the innocent security guards. I know they were concerned about Ray but that was a blatant criminal action with no justification other than "Kord probably won't give it to us, better not even attempt to ask, just send in the vigilantes to steal that poo poo and put a beat down on some guys who have done nothing wrong!"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

JuHoZ posted:

There's actually a lot we don't know about his backstory

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Kord Industries represents DC's refusal to allow them to use Ted Kord, and who is more villainous than the assholes who run DC corporate?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Whizbang posted:

Kord Industries represents DC's refusal to allow them to use Ted Kord, and who is more villainous than the assholes who run DC corporate?

Bob Kane

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

is an rear end in a top hat from DC corporate, yes.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Klungar posted:

It still bothers me that Team Arrow broke into Kord Industries to steal the quantum doohickey and beat up the innocent security guards. I know they were concerned about Ray but that was a blatant criminal action with no justification other than "Kord probably won't give it to us, better not even attempt to ask, just send in the vigilantes to steal that poo poo and put a beat down on some guys who have done nothing wrong!"

I felt the exact same way. Then, randomly, during the last few days I started rewatching some Season 1 and that made me feel a whole lot better about Oliver's current moral standards.

poo poo, man. :stare:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Whizbang posted:

is an rear end in a top hat from DC corporate, yes.

Nope he got DC corporate over the barrel.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They didn't expect to encounter resistance at Kord, that's why they brought five people. It was team building.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
The killing aspect of the show is obvious a bit complicated, they have tried to show Dig using tranq guns in a few episodes but haven't made a point of mentioning it specifically.

The way I try and look at it is, most time Dig is shooting people who are shooting back or attacking so it is self defense (ish) and is seen as not terrible. When Oliver was snapping necks it always seemed something he didn't NEED to do, the fights were won, he had them in a choke hold. Sara killing the guard was the same, the guy was passed out, the fight was over then SNAP.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Thwomp posted:

It's Hal, who we meet this season but dies before he gets his own show.

Xenoletum posted:

Dig reveals that he's in deep cover and his last name at birth is Stewart.

The grave contains the fans' hopes for a Green Lantern spinoff.

Oroborus posted:

The killing aspect of the show is obvious a bit complicated, they have tried to show Dig using tranq guns in a few episodes but haven't made a point of mentioning it specifically.

The way I try and look at it is, most time Dig is shooting people who are shooting back or attacking so it is self defense (ish) and is seen as not terrible. When Oliver was snapping necks it always seemed something he didn't NEED to do, the fights were won, he had them in a choke hold. Sara killing the guard was the same, the guy was passed out, the fight was over then SNAP.

Exactly, Green Arrow isn't Batman and even after Ollie's change of heart this isn't a "never ever kill people or WE BECOME THE ABYSS" situation, they're just clearly on the other side of the "wanton vigilante executions | lethal force only when necessary" divide now. Unquenchable savage bloodlust is on a whole other level.

Even with the tranq guns I'd be surprised if Dig didn't have a backup piece with real bullets on him at all times, just like Ollie and Thea still carry bladed arrows along with the dart and bola loads.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 14, 2015

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I wasn't going to bother with this because I thought the last season was pretty loving dire (don't get me wrong I can stand a lot of goofy poo poo, but there was just way too much filler for my liking). I noticed people saying it's better than S3 though, and apparently it all kicks off right away, so I might give it a shot after all.

Just a quick question, I always get mixed up with the watch order for this and Flash. Do I watch episodes of Arrow -> Flash, or Flash -> Arrow?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Flash airs first so Flash->Arrow, but it doesn't really matter until the crossover episodes (around 7 or 8) and even then it probably doesn't matter.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Thanks.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
It's Jay Garrick in the grave, that's why we haven't seen him in a while on Flash.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
There's like zero chance the season doesn't end with Barry, Jay, Jesse Quick, and Wally West in a massive speedster pile-up against Zoom. Probably some others as well.

e: OKAY FRAK this is the Arrow thread but uh same principle remains

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I miss the lethal vigilanteeism, of more accurately I miss Quentin Lance saying "He's droppin bodies!"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

There's like zero chance the season doesn't end with Barry, Jay, Jesse Quick, and Wally West in a massive speedster pile-up against Zoom. Probably some others as well.

e: OKAY FRAK this is the Arrow thread but uh same principle remains

Ollie will be there to shoot some boxing glove arrows (at last!)

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Golden Bee posted:

I miss the lethal vigilanteeism, of more accurately I miss Quentin Lance saying "He's droppin bodies!"

I'm pretty sure he used the "dropping bodies" phrase a couple weeks back, obv not about Ollie though but still

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Natalya Fartz posted:

Felicity's mom seems a bit too dark of an arc for Felicity, so Lance still feels like the front runner to me.

It actually kinda makes sense. Lance falls in love with the mom. Darhk finds out he's a mole and kills her as a revenge act. Barry's friends with Felicity, so it would make sense for him to be at the funeral.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

flosofl posted:

Ollie will be there to shoot some boxing glove arrows (at last!)

You say this like it hasn't already happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I feel like Felicity is set to go. They're training a new techie in Curtis who could step in once she's gone.

• Locked thread