Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Really I see it as a statement to how extreme they had to take the joke for it to count as satire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

Just been informed that this was the original, though Fox changed it the next day after a barrage of complaints.

Sorry I got hoodwinked.

Oh good, I can put down the whiskey sours then. Though I'd like to point out that is still a cringeworthy graph.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
I'm already seeing "if Paris allowed for concealed carry the hostage situation would never have happened" which is simply laughable. And the other response I am seeing is "deport the towelheads"

:ughh:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

VorpalBunny posted:

I'm already seeing "if Paris allowed for concealed carry the hostage situation would never have happened" which is simply laughable. And the other response I am seeing is "deport the towelheads"

November is shaping up to be a lovely month all round.

Oh, and nobody has yet realized that the "cheese eating surrender monkeys" would probably be a worthwhile angle to hammer.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Jaun Suponatime is the OP's relative and is 100% serious.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

VorpalBunny posted:

The only way to stop a bad guy with a grenade is a good guy with a grenade (and a shitload of collateral damage) :freep:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Magres posted:

The only way to stop a bad guy with a grenade is a good guy with a grenade (and a shitload of collateral damage) :freep:

Yeah, if only France had strong gun control laws this tragedy would have been averted. :rolleyes:

Now if you can stop hogging all the expensive lube, lets see if anybody else wants to jack off about how right they are?

Expect a lot of this for the next few weeks.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
EPORW here with your up to date hate

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Courtesy of my Facebook's resident racist rear end fucker.

Get hosed. Just. Get. hosed.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah I fully expected this reaction :(

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I think I am going to have to take a break from this thread for a couple weeks; I don't think I'm going to be able to handle all the poo poo that is going to end up here.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

KiteAuraan posted:

There's probably some terribly sarcastic response about how they're taking jobs away from White American Mass Murderers, but I can't be bothered. The whole situation is depressing enough without the racist fuckwits, who are all suddenly experts in the geopolitics of terrorism.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

KiteAuraan posted:

SSNeoman posted:

Yeah I fully expected this reaction :(

Ashcans posted:

I think I am going to have to take a break from this thread for a couple weeks; I don't think I'm going to be able to handle all the poo poo that is going to end up here.

This is the smile of every hateful rear end in a top hat in the world when they heard about Paris burning.

Haxin Jackson
Apr 3, 2011

a bunch of assholes posted:

Look at these hateful fucks gleefully dancing on the graves of those slain in this attack. They would love for something like this to happen in America, just so they could feel even more smugly superior. Hate-filled shitbag Pamela Geller is so consumed by hatred that she can't even be bothered to hastily append, "Our thoughts go out to all the French people." to her screed. If she could, she would be in Paris with a megaphone constantly yelling, "I told you so!"

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
9/11 wasn't enough?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I am glad I have surprisingly few of these, though I expect this will change.

This isn't my cropping, this is just the way it was posted.

And man wait till you hear how I whine on FB CAUSE I AM AN AMERICAN AND PROUD OF MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH SO STOP WHINING!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My response to it is to tell them that hating Muslims is exactly what those terrorists want to happen. Make life worse for Muslims the world over, drive them to extremism.

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.
Canada just has to get in on it as well as we start to welcome in 25K Syrian refugees

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

One of my best friends posted this one. :( She has good intentions though, and she's super-liberal and super-atheist so that probably covers the motives behind it. Honestly it's probably the least objectionable of the inevitable slew of image macros that are about to explode onto facebook/twitter.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

TheKennedys posted:

One of my best friends posted this one. :( She has good intentions though, and she's super-liberal and super-atheist so that probably covers the motives behind it. Honestly it's probably the least objectionable of the inevitable slew of image macros that are about to explode onto facebook/twitter.

I realize that some people are going to interpret the message (and post it in support of) being against all Muslims, but honestly there's nothing wrong with the picture as it currently is. We all hate it when religions are perverted into hate and that hate is used as rational for violence, which is exactly what ISIS is all about. I don't think anyone here is going to come out against fighting religious extremists who promote violence, which is really all it's saying up front. And I like the concept of trying to subscribe people to actually fight these concepts, because in our own social circles we can (and this thread actually talks about) trying to reason people back from heading down the path of extremist positions. I don't think we've had someone ask about how to talk a friend out of that specifically, but we've certainly helped members pull people back in when they started into the chem-trails/conspiracy nut path, which unfortunately can have just as tragic of an end.

Now you're going to get into some fights when people want to group entire major religions in the same umbrella, but that's a different issue in my mind.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Here's a list of conservative twitter reaction to the Paris attacks.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/because-twitter-is-our-national-id-here-are-the-worst-conservative-reactions-to-the-paris-attacks/

My personal favorite:

quote:

Do people not realize that #ISIS is already infiltrating #BlackLivesMatter?

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

VorpalBunny posted:

I'm pretty glad that my possibly secret-racist Facebook friends have enough sense to keep it secret.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

That old chestnut. Good to see it's still kicking around in some way or another so the public can feed fears about two (or more) groups at the same time.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I swear my cousin used to be halfway intelligent. How the gently caress do you nuke a religion?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Before you can nuke a religion, you must first learn how to nuke yourself. Aum.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

moist turtleneck posted:

I swear my cousin used to be halfway intelligent. How the gently caress do you nuke a religion?

By nuking the Kaaba, then they lose all their Islam power, duh.

Oh, I almost forgot that you have to wrap the nuke in bacon first otherwise it won't have any effect.

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 14, 2015

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer
Do you guys want me to do the EPORW dump today, or should I wait?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Defenestration posted:

Do you guys want me to do the EPORW dump today, or should I wait?

Nothing going on today. Go for it!

Hell; for extra horribleness feel free to post some ll101 as well. :getin:

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer
EPORW part I

Obama section

BORED

Anti-american obama

Shamwow Obama

Not a Christian Nation Obama

Kid Rock Obama

Obama: so mad you have a job

Obama hates cops

Obamacare

All aboard the prison bus

Leave Ken Jeong out of---:sigh:

Benjamin Franklin Obama

doo doo obama

Fetish section

War victims! Isn't that great!?

Jihadi John

A soldier told she might not be good at something? Outrage.

A soldier will SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE if you dare to piss them off

Chris Kyle

Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand are a lot of military grunts whose greatest on the job risk is a paper cut or a stove burn.

Yes, here in America we shoot all of our problems away

You can't smoke in here

Gross

Responsible gun owners. 12 gauge work just as well when you're so paranoid you accidentally shoot your wife on her way in the door

Same, because I don't own any, because I'm not a hunter or an extremely pissed off right winger

III%

unf unf

I occupied Europe so you don't have to. Now quit occupying this park.

No one asked you to, but I do want an apology for this terrible design that looks like the flag is sprouting from the kid's head.

You wear it as underwear to WalMart!

Boots

:black101:

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Jesus has his sights set on that sweet 18-wheeler

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Isn't one of the big major things about god and jesus and whatnot that he's already won because jesus died?

So there is no 'battle for america' that isn't in the fundie's heads.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The enemy is as superpowerful as they are superweak.

I can't wrap my head around it. If people think, really believe that all Muslims are terrorists, once you become a Muslim it must be like joining the Borg. One mind. Because you seriously can't sit two Christians from different sects down (Baptist, Catholic, Mormon) before they start arguing, let alone decide to start a war on terror other than blowing up a few small locales, like abortion clinics. Gay marriage? gently caress if anyone can make a decision everyone else is cool with. So once you become one with the Moon God you seriously must be like a pod person.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

moist turtleneck posted:

I had a guy completely unironically tell me that he believes every time a terrorist organization releases a video featuring a child soldier/jihadist we should nuke mecca.

It's the only way.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Defenestration posted:

You wear it as underwear to WalMart!

But disposal of an American flag is supposed to be done in a dignified way, such as burning!

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Cowslips Warren posted:

The enemy is as superpowerful as they are superweak.

I can't wrap my head around it. If people think, really believe that all Muslims are terrorists, once you become a Muslim it must be like joining the Borg. One mind. Because you seriously can't sit two Christians from different sects down (Baptist, Catholic, Mormon) before they start arguing, let alone decide to start a war on terror other than blowing up a few small locales, like abortion clinics. Gay marriage? gently caress if anyone can make a decision everyone else is cool with. So once you become one with the Moon God you seriously must be like a pod person.

Dehumanizing people naturally results in viewing them as less than individuals and more as an antagonistic collective. You then spin dumbshit into a "workable" framework for why they behave why they do, resulting in the inane "nuke mecca", "wrap it in bacon", or "moon god". Humans have differences, insects are unthinking clones that you need to swat.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Defenestration posted:

I occupied Europe so you don't have to. Now quit occupying this park.

This cartoon really expects you to fill in the blanks. Maybe the next thing out of his mouth was "and I was fighting against oppression just like you are! Good job kid I'm glad people are still willing to fight for what they believe in."

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Jagged Jim posted:

By nuking the Kaaba, then they lose all their Islam power, duh.

Oh, I almost forgot that you have to wrap the nuke in bacon first otherwise it won't have any effect.

Just like how the Romans destroyed the Jewish temple in the year 70 and the Jewish religion ceased to exist.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Al is my aunt who posts horrible crap all the time. I'm Abel and tried a new angle that I think worked pretty well!