Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

Disinterested posted:

I don't like this news bring me some other news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuaxzgNX1bI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

the_paradigm_shift posted:

Did the old red ones not have the same kind of range? It just seems like a recent concern

They had the range, but less people used to have lasers.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Disinterested posted:

Poland arent taken in any refugees cause terrorism

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Disinterested posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/asia/ryukyu-islands-japan-earthquake/

If this does not suit you

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/uscnow/la-sp-usc-colorado-five-things-we-learned-20151114-story.html

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

kustomkarkommando posted:

also 'cos of their new, awful government

i always get taken aback somewhat at how awful polish politics are - most polish people you meet elsewhere are fairly level-headed, sensible people

then you remember that they are elsewhere and not, in fact, in poland

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Poland can't into humanitarian crisis relief.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

V. Illych L. posted:

then you remember that they are elsewhere and not, in fact, in poland

What kind of Randler-level racist bullshit is this? :colbert:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

to a certain extent, one can understand that Eastern Europe is all "wait gently caress you guys this is your problem" re: the refugee crisis - they're much poorer, and countries like poland don't feel like they need to answer for the crimes of europe in the relevant regions - but it's a deeply irrational choice, given the depopulation these countries are undergoing and the excellent opportunity to import relatively young, fit people this crisis represents

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
also, fundamental human decency.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

to a certain extent, one can understand that Eastern Europe is all "wait gently caress you guys this is your problem" re: the refugee crisis - they're much poorer, and countries like poland don't feel like they need to answer for the crimes of europe in the relevant regions - but it's a deeply irrational choice, given the depopulation these countries are undergoing and the excellent opportunity to import relatively young, fit people this crisis represents

I'm sure if there was some good catholic refugees they might change their mind.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Does anyone have any good German video news streams? I've been wanting to practice my German and that seems like a reasonable way to do it while keeping up.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

also, fundamental human decency.

lol this is a terribly outmoded concept in modern politics where have you been the last thirty years

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

The Christ of Europe has suffered enough

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
holy poo poo, I know you're all tired of talking about it but I just heard about Paris.

god i feel so helpless and angry and sad.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

V. Illych L. posted:

lol this is a terribly outmoded concept in modern politics where have you been the last thirty years
Cultivating a sense of human decency

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Sharkie posted:

holy poo poo, I know you're all tired of talking about it but I just heard about Paris.

god i feel so helpless and angry and sad.

Bake some bread

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Cultivating a sense of human decency

this was a big mistake imo

decency will not pay the rent, even in professional ethics

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bake some bread

not rye

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
hmm i made the mistake of reading the reddit thread.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

a baguette surely

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

V. Illych L. posted:

I still feel surprised when I see the pop. demographics of Bulgaria. That place must be like a wasteland compared to 1985.

Bake some bread

it's one of my methods

Chelb fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 14, 2015

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

V. Illych L. posted:

this was a big mistake imo

decency will not pay the rent, even in professional ethics
There are some things we do not for their benefit to us, but because they are intrinsically good

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

There are some things we do not for their benefit to us, but because they are intrinsically good

this statement sounds ontologically problematic

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

V. Illych L. posted:

this statement sounds ontologically problematic
I'm a moral non-naturalist so probably

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

If this marks the beginning of al-Shabaab style strategic shift based on increasing military pressure this could get uglier yet

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

sparatuvs posted:

hmm i made the mistake of reading the reddit thread.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

тридцать журналы

You know, a baguette wouldn't be a bad thing to make. Should probably wait until the rye gets all eaten up though.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

I'm a moral non-naturalist so probably

this is probably the politest way to say "idgaf" i have seen in some time

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

V. Illych L. posted:

there's a similar issue in atlantic canada, with the people being there so xenophobic/hostile to outsiders that they face a massive demographic crisis because they have no young people to pay for their social services.

like someone living in new brunswick for ten years is still considered to be from 'away'

obviously this is low key in comparison to the more uh, intense hostility in eastern europe but there really isn't much else going for the eastern provinces except newfoundland's offshore oil drilling

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Rollofthedice posted:

тридцать журналы

You know, a baguette wouldn't be a bad thing to make. Should probably wait until the rye gets all eaten up though.

you should go enjoy the saturday with friends and eat a taco.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
also, badger is my posting nemesis for the next several hours.

gently caress all donghorns

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Rollofthedice posted:

тридцать журналы

Huh Uh I'm the one learning russian in this thread.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

aw i didn't get the bear hunting job :(

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

shame it looked incredibly fun

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
To Finnland,

please stop putting Tarja Turunen's solo stuff in your random metal playlists, Nokia. It's not that good. :colbert:

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

sparatuvs posted:

Huh Uh I'm the one learning russian in this thread.

nah I'm not learning it, that's just google translate. I got really interested in it for a little while and then lost interest just as quickly.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

remember, gun supporters aren't mentally ill!

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

aw i didn't get the bear hunting job :(

There's always otters.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Rollofthedice posted:

nah I'm not learning it, that's just google translate. I got really interested in it for a little while and then lost interest just as quickly.

Good.

it's a cave language of grunts and groans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

remember, gun supporters aren't mentally ill!

Wait.. Isn't gunspergin usually the other way around (Magazine the parts in the gun, and clip the protruding exchangable storage) or have I been lied to all my life? :ohdear:

• Locked thread