Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Edmund Honda posted:

Looks like Taurus never triggers in Greed mode.

Got it in Basement 1, ended up with speed showing as 3 pips on the stats, which should mean it activates on room entry in normal Isaac, right? Not a single activation.

It worked once on a Devil Room with Krampus though!

Probably something to do with how finishing and entering rooms works different in greed mode, given how charged spacebar items work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Slime posted:

Probably something to do with how finishing and entering rooms works different in greed mode, given how charged spacebar items work.

I reckon the Taurus effect only goes off in combat rooms - ie rooms that start with enemies on the screen - in order to stop exploitation of Blood Donation machines by repeated uses. You don't start in combat in the Greed room, ergo it doesn't go off.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

What if the pill voice was supposed to be unlocked after you found Isaacs dead gay dad in this dumb ARG and that is why they were removed.

Because it would make sense if the same voice on the voicemail is the same as the pill names.

I hope that is literally all that is unlocked by solving this, that would be funny.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
At least three of keepers unlocks are just for himself

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Butyraceous posted:

What if the pill voice was supposed to be unlocked after you found Isaacs dead gay dad in this dumb ARG and that is why they were removed.

Because it would make sense if the same voice on the voicemail is the same as the pill names.

I hope that is literally all that is unlocked by solving this, that would be funny.

The pill voices haven't been removed. They have a small chance of playing every time you use a consumable item.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Sometimes they play like a few seconds late for some reason

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Or when doing something totally different

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Jusupov posted:

At least three of keepers unlocks are just for himself

Which is reasonable, given his name and nature.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
At what point after completing requirement do characters unlock? Do I have to win the game, complete the level I'm on, or something else?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Nevvy Z posted:

At what point after completing requirement do characters unlock? Do I have to win the game, complete the level I'm on, or something else?

BoI is actually very forgiving in that way. The MOMENT you complete a requirement whatever you unlock is unlocked. So even if you die to a boss due to a slow tear, it still counts as a victory for unlock purposes (but not for your win-streak purposes). The game just won't tell you until after you finish the level for most unlocks.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Geight posted:

Yeah 1400 seems like it's in reasonable burnout territory. is that Rebirth+Original or just Rebirth?

Yeah that's everything. I really don't consider Rebirth different enough from vanilla and WotL. I guess I'll give it a year or so. No Man's Sky and Far Cry 5 should tide me over.

I need a new rougelike that I'm not completely burned out on. :geno:

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

CJacobs posted:

The pill voices haven't been removed. They have a small chance of playing every time you use a consumable item.

Oh.

Well it would have been funny.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The voice that says the pill stuff is the same guy who does the opening narration so I'm pretty sure it's just "The Guy They Had Do It Last Time" rather than some special meaning.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
It's going to take forever to get the new dude if my greed machine keeps jamming at around 10 coins with my characters all at between 0-5% chance to jam it. :(

The good news is that now that Ultra Greed's health has been toned down it's actually a pretty fun fight. So far it makes me realize how bad I am at this game though because Basement is always the hardest stage for me. I just can't seem to kill the waves fast enough unless I get some kind of damage up at the start.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Lilith is pretty good in Greed Mode, as it turns out.

Still have a long, long way to go before I can unlock the Keeper, though.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Jibo posted:

It's going to take forever to get the new dude if my greed machine keeps jamming at around 10 coins with my characters all at between 0-5% chance to jam it. :(

The good news is that now that Ultra Greed's health has been toned down it's actually a pretty fun fight. So far it makes me realize how bad I am at this game though because Basement is always the hardest stage for me. I just can't seem to kill the waves fast enough unless I get some kind of damage up at the start.

basement is definitely imbalanced compared to caves and depths. i'd even go so far as to say caves is extremely easy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It jammed on the first coin I put into the goddamn thing on this run :geno:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
only 998 runs to go at that rate

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
From what I remember, you can put more coins in the machine by switching characters between each run.

Successive runs with the same character will cause the machine to jam very quickly.

I've just been going through the characters in order and it hasn't jammed for me once.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

90s Shoes posted:

From what I remember, you can put more coins in the machine by switching characters between each run.

Successive runs with the same character will cause the machine to jam very quickly.

I've just been going through the characters in order and it hasn't jammed for me once.

This is what I've been doing and I think the most I've gotten in in one go was 20. My highest % dude is Isaac at 5%.

VineST posted:

basement is definitely imbalanced compared to caves and depths. i'd even go so far as to say caves is extremely easy.

Yeah, except that you can get champion Polycyphalus and The Stain together as a boss wave which is just mean.

Basically enemy wave are only really a pain in The Basement and bosses that give me trouble are Double Rag Man (in the basement when you probably don't have much by way of stats), Double Bloat, and The Stain.

Also having eye turrets spawn off screen and blast you before you realize where they are is dumb.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Fun Eve run through greed. Ultra greed died in 2 seconds before I managed to even shoot a laser at him from my flies. It did take an hour to do the run what with d20, d6, blank card, chaos and placebo pill all in the same shop.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Blank Card is like the all star champ of Greed Mode right now. Once you get it, just keep buying cards until you get a two of diamonds then make all the money you could ever want. Even better if you get a shop with a battery in it.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Killed It lives twice as the lost on today's daily challenge. :cool: It was a very easy lost challenge, though

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Love how salty crumps is at the devs

http://www.twitch.tv/crumps2/v/23688082

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm really dumb. I start with the blue hourglass on Eden in Greed mode and my first thought is "What happens if I go backwards at the beginning?" instead of trying to scam the donation machine.

(The answer is you lose restock and the blue hourglass)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugh, stupid greed machine jamming. Only managed to donate around a dozen before it jams. On a 2% reported chance.

Stupid salty Edmund artificially inflating game length via a ridiculous system.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

Photex posted:

Love how salty crumps is at the devs

http://www.twitch.tv/crumps2/v/23688082

Isn't he that guy that has a ten minute freakout every time someone backseats him?

Also I don't know how many times Florian has said he could update flash Isaac because he finally upgraded his computer.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

TheModernAmerican posted:

Isn't he that guy that has a ten minute freakout every time someone backseats him?

Also I don't know how many times Florian has said he could update flash Isaac because he finally upgraded his computer.

Crumps goes totally batshit whenever he's disagreed with. It's insane.

This video boils down to that Rebirth ruined BoILR because of Curse of the Blind. It took so long to start modding the game that Crump couldn't run the league anymore, which was his main income since he would get a few thousand viewers for an entire weekend and a shitload of donations. As it is now he's so loving insufferable that he can't pull more than a few hundred viewers at a time right now and is broke enough that he had to ask his stream to donate so he could visit his internet girlfriend.

And if Nicalis gave any gently caress about what Cobalt was doing they would have put him on the team. They want to make money, not placate a handful of streamers.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
God the Keeper manages to make the LOST look good.

I just called the Lost better than somebody, god help me

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I downloaded a cheat engine table that makes the greed machine unable to jam and it was the best decision I've ever made playing this game.

Keeper is fun but he's got weird mechanics, especially surrounding devil deals. His inability to take 2 heart or 3 soul heart deals is a real bad break, especially because taking a 1 heart deal seriously limits his survivability. I'm not sure I like how that stuff's dealt with but I do know that I like this gimmick way more than I do The Lost. I feel like this is surmountable with just a little bit of effort and luck, instead of breaking my R key.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I downloaded a cheat engine table that makes the greed machine unable to jam and it was the best decision I've ever made playing this game.

Glad to hear it works for someone at least, i've only heard of a lot of people complaining that the "no jamming" script doesn't work

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

the Orb of Zot posted:

God the Keeper manages to make the LOST look good.

I just called the Lost better than somebody, god help me

There's a bunch of items that make him nearly invulnerable but getting to them is pretty awful. Bonus points for being all but locked out of the good devil items.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

Critical posted:

Crumps goes totally batshit whenever he's disagreed with. It's insane.

This video boils down to that Rebirth ruined BoILR because of Curse of the Blind. It took so long to start modding the game that Crump couldn't run the league anymore, which was his main income since he would get a few thousand viewers for an entire weekend and a shitload of donations. As it is now he's so loving insufferable that he can't pull more than a few hundred viewers at a time right now and is broke enough that he had to ask his stream to donate so he could visit his internet girlfriend.

And if Nicalis gave any gently caress about what Cobalt was doing they would have put him on the team. They want to make money, not placate a handful of streamers.

Holy poo poo I didn't know that BoiLR story that's loving amazing. Why not just run it on easy that's the dumbest thing.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I just beat Mom's Heart in under 30 minutes as Lilith, and the Blue Womb door didn't open. I'm kind of confused and annoyed, especially because I was on a really good run with her so far.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Can I use cheatengine to just put the greed machine into 999 cents instantly?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

The Bee posted:

I just beat Mom's Heart in under 30 minutes as Lilith, and the Blue Womb door didn't open. I'm kind of confused and annoyed, especially because I was on a really good run with her so far.

Was it Mom's Heart or It Lives!? Because you needed to have unlocked the Blue Baby, which also unlocks the Blue Womb.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

That sounds really tempting to me. I don't mind playing and getting the coins but having it jam first time on a 3% chance is bullshit.

Other than artificially extending game length I still don't see what the point is of having the machine potentially jamming with each coin. Unless you're doing absurd combos and spawning a ton of coins in the boss room you're capped at 99 anyway. Why not make it so you touch it once and all your coins get donated immediately, and then it jams? That'd cap the donation at 99 coins and you'd still need to play the mode at least 11 times to hit 999 and unlock everything.

If you really want to force people to pick different characters then set a fixed maximum for each instead of adjusting the % chance. Make it 100 coins so you have to use at least 10 of the 12 characters you can unlock before the Keeper.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Was it Mom's Heart or It Lives!? Because you needed to have unlocked the Blue Baby, which also unlocks the Blue Womb.

Is that what they changed it to? drat, if I knew that I would've just taken the devil room door to Sheol.

I may have went in and out of the Devil Room to see if that was messing with the Blue Room flag first, and in the process closed it. So I kinda messed myself up there.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Andrast posted:

Can I use cheatengine to just put the greed machine into 999 cents instantly?

It's 4 bytes. Set it to 999 and put one in it to unlock everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is there some new thing to get lil' brimstone? Twice he has joined my parade of guys as lilith, and I haven't picked him up.