Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Maybe that pushback was happening for a reason?

Jesus Christ dude. Now is not the time for gimmick posts.

Have you no decency, Rahm? At long last, have you no decency?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Chokes McGee posted:

Jesus Christ dude. Now is not the time for gimmick posts.

Have you no decency, Rahm? At long last, have you no decency?!

Have you given any money to your statewide democratic party today?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
He isn't Rahm, he's one of his useless flunkies. He's John Pope at best.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

The X-man cometh posted:

He isn't Rahm, he's one of his useless flunkies. He's John Pope at best.

You know who you are?

You're Pat Quinn, at best.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Maybe that pushback was happening for a reason?

It'd be less of an issue if you'd stop donating to white supremacist terrorist causes MIGF.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

obviously republicans are going to feel threatened to see the other party in charge with a scary headline on tv but will apolitical americans feel the same way? it should show up in the polls if they do. hillary will have a chance to remind everyone that the parties' foreign policies are nearly identical tonight but it's not about reality it's about perception. it's like 1) are americans going to run to daddy gop when they feel scared and 2) how long will americans feel scared, will there be aftershocks, will a nation with the collective memory of a goldfish let this be part of our preexisting talking points about random poo poo like gun control for a full year, or will we just move on to something else

edit: more specific question, will this make people who hate donald trump like him? im interested to see if his disapprovals drop

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 14, 2015

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
We must fulfill prophecy.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This isn't really :nws:, you can't see anything, but I'll let you decide whether you want it in your browser cache or not.

Here's a mosaic picture of Donald Trump made up of dick pics.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Have you given any money to your statewide democratic party today?

So no then.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
You can't even see the dongs 1/10

oystertoadfish posted:

obviously republicans are going to feel threatened to see the other party in charge with a scary headline on tv but will apolitical americans feel the same way? it should show up in the polls if they do. hillary will have a chance to remind everyone that the parties' foreign policies are nearly identical tonight but it's not about reality it's about perception. it's like 1) are americans going to run to daddy gop when they feel scared and 2) how long will americans feel scared, will there be aftershocks, will a nation with the collective memory of a goldfish let this be part of our preexisting talking points about random poo poo like gun control for a full year, or will we just move on to something else

edit: more specific question, will this make people who hate donald trump like him? im interested to see if his disapprovals drop
Democrats are perceived as being weak on defense regardless of actual facts because the suck at messaging they'll be on the back foot. And yes as long as Trump doesn't do anything incredibly stupid the base has been linking being weak on immigration and national defense for awhile.

Basically Jeb! is even more hosed, Rubio might take a hit but nothing too major.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

If only there was a person with a gun when Dimebag Darrel was killed on stage. Oh wait...

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Oil! posted:

If only there was a person with a gun when Dimebag Darrel was killed on stage. Oh wait...

In Israel, citizens with guns stop terrorist attacks on an almost daily basis.

Thing is, Israel has affordable higher education, conscription, zero-tolerance for antisemitic movements like BDS, national healthcare, public support for mental healthcare provision, and some major housing subsidies to low-income individuals.

We can either become more like Israel in all manners, or less.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

In Israel, citizens with guns stop terrorist attacks on an almost daily basis.

Thing is, Israel has affordable higher education, conscription, zero-tolerance for antisemitic movements like BDS, national healthcare, public support for mental healthcare provision, and some major housing subsidies to low-income individuals.

That's bullshit. Most of the terrorist attacks when stopped are stopped by police and military, or by unarmed civilians taking the culprit down. In fact, on at least one occasion, a knife attack became a shooting attack because a terrorist started by attacking an armed civilian to take away his gun. In another case, a lightly-armed assailant became heavily-armed by initially targeting a soldier on leave who was carrying an assault rifle.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

My Imaginary GF posted:

I don't think it will do the US any good to behave like a terrorist organization with apartheid as a key feature. Why are you such a white supremacist MIGF?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's bullshit. Most of the terrorist attacks when stopped are stopped by police and military, or by unarmed civilians taking the culprit down. In fact, on at least one occasion, a knife attack became a shooting attack because a terrorist started by attacking an armed civilian to take away his gun. In another case, a lightly-armed assailant became heavily-armed by initially targeting a soldier on leave who was carrying an assault rifle.

Republican politics is about perception, AA, not truthiness

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ted Cruz argues that amnesty is the worst idea ever in the history of the world.

quote:

"If you support amnesty, you are supporting our national debt growing and growing and growing and growing and bankrupting our kids and grandkids," he said. "If you support amnesty, you're supporting the Democratic party's assault on religious liberty, assault on our Second Amendment, assault on our privacy. If you're supporting amnesty, you're supporting Common Core that the big-government Democrats are trying to force on our schools."

The ills of "amnesty" would not stop in the U.S., Cruz said.

"If you're supporting amnesty, you're supporting the Obama-Clinton abandoning of the nation of Israel," Cruz continued. "If you're supporting amnesty, you're supporting the Obama-Clinton weakness and appeasement to radical Islamic terrorists. ... If you are supporting amnesty, you are supporting the Ayatollah Khamenei having nuclear weapons in Iran."

I'm sure that the press will ask him to make the connections between all of these horrible things and amnesty.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

this my imaginary gf guy is just as annoying as smoothrich and nowhere near as entertaining

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I thought Obamacare was the worst thing in the world. Consistency :argh:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Logikv9 posted:

I thought Obamacare was the worst thing in the world. Consistency :argh:

Obamacare doesn't cause terrorism, Logikv9. You're not thinking hard enough about the impacts of amnesty and Cruz' previous statements about just who's streaming over the border and why.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

My Imaginary GF posted:

Wall building

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

radical meme posted:

Ted Cruz argues that amnesty is the worst idea ever in the history of the world.

I'm sure that the press will ask him to make the connections between all of these horrible things and amnesty.

The connection is creating more Democratic voters.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Link to Trump rally in Texas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIQccjvTWjo

The local reporters make this.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

babypolis posted:

this my imaginary gf guy is just as annoying as smoothrich and nowhere near as entertaining

He used to be an amusing US realpolitik poster before switching to Israel-can-do-no-wrong.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Shifty Pony posted:

He used to be an amusing US realpolitik poster before switching to Israel-can-do-no-wrong.

Name for me one candidate in the Republican primary who does not support Israel:

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Name for me one candidate in the Republican primary who does not support Israel:

Pand Raul, according to his opponents

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

You know who you are?

You're Pat Quinn, at best.

The best governor Illinois has had in decades? Thank you!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

The X-man cometh posted:

The best governor Illinois has had in decades? The last Republican governor before Rauner.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

memy posted:

Pand Raul, according to his opponents

Oh, Paul's still a candidate? Weird, I thought he dropped out already.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Do you all believe it's a coincidence that whenever one obvious troll poster disappears, another "returns" or happens to start posting? If so, I have a great investment opportunity for you...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "If they had guns... It would have been a much, much different situation." ~ Donald Trump

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

BanjoFish posted:

This been posted yet?

:eyepop:

Interesting. Trump beating Carson 17 among likely voters, but by 14 among all voters.

It's common speculation that Trump's fans are more casual than other candidates', especially Carson's. Let's see if this holds.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Shakugan posted:

Do you all believe it's a coincidence that whenever one obvious troll poster disappears, another "returns" or happens to start posting?

If I was a repub, I wouldn't want to share stage time with smoothrich. And it's not trolling to disagree politically in the
-Republican primary thread-.

There might be actual, gasp, republicans on SA!

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Golden Bee posted:

If I was a repub, I wouldn't want to share stage time with smoothrich. And it's not trolling to disagree politically in the

Sure, but one who comes back from hiatus the day smoothrich is probated? Really? Come on.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

babypolis posted:

imo he's just as entertaining, he's just an acquired taste whereas smoothrich blasts you right away with the flavoring

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

I don't think Mr. Smooth was disagreeing politically. I'm not sure what to call what he was doing.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Zelder posted:

I don't think Mr. Smooth was disagreeing politically. I'm not sure what to call what he was doing.

Indulging pathology

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
There is a vast and great conspiracy afoot in Something Awful's Republican Primary thread.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Zelder posted:

Pulling a Christie

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Triglav posted:

There is a vast and great conspiracy afoot in Something Awful's Republican Primary thread.

Pulling a Cruz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Indulging pathology

Just like say, a child molester would do.

• Locked thread