Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Elendil004 posted:

I have 20something fusion cores but I'm deathly afraid that I'll run through all of them and never get any more. Is there a renewable source somewhere?

Traders sell them.

Lady Naga posted:

If you shove 'em back into the things you took them from, they'll be recharged.

I tried doing this and there's not a prompt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh yeah, I decided to give power armor another shot, but can't find the free one they give you to start. If you eject from it and leave it lying around does it despawn? I looked near the Museum of Freedom and couldn't find it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Dunwich Borers is a cool place for cool people.

Edit: I will never get tired of looking around and seeing Deacon in a new outfit.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 14, 2015

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

If you shove 'em back into the things you took them from, they'll be recharged.

Please stop repeating this hoax.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
All of the humanoid enemies on survival are really easy to kill, but for some reason it takes like an entire magdump of my sniper to kill fuckin' bugs.

lobsterminator posted:

Please stop repeating this hoax.

Fair enough, I was told it works.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I skipped the last couple of pages. I think it was replaced with tumblr

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Besides roleplaying, any reason not to join the BoS? I'm thinking I might just to get some MF cells. <3 Synths.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Oh that fuckin' Tumblr!!!

sout posted:

Besides roleplaying, any reason not to join the BoS? I'm thinking I might just to get some MF cells. <3 Synths.
You can join each faction as they come up, none of the later game factions will get mad at you for being an initiate or whatever.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

someone made a mod that replaces the mini nuke projectile with your baby shaun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3GRn0Kv8iQ

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

Oh yeah, I decided to give power armor another shot, but can't find the free one they give you to start. If you eject from it and leave it lying around does it despawn? I looked near the Museum of Freedom and couldn't find it.

Usually the location of all power armours that are yours should be marked on the world map. Unless perhaps you left it inside some building, I don't know what happens then.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

For fucks sakes even the loving thread can't stop hearing butcher Pete all the drat time.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

you can't equip a power fist while in power armor

what the gently caress is this poo poo
i'm really rustled about this and this is making me irrationally angry and i don't want to use a dumb lovely rear end ripper and i haven't found the power sledge yet gently caress YOU TODD "SHITLER" HOWARD :byodood:

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.
Quick question--

I have a minuteman based quest that sends me to a place called Sanctuary Hills. When I first get there, the settler I'm supposed to talk to is dead and there's a Mr. Gutsy ranting about a curfew who tries to kill me. After I take him out, the settler is still dead, and the quest marker tells me to talk to him, but I've tried looting him and moving him around but nothing progresses it. Thinking I might have screwed something up I reloaded from an earlier save, but the settler was still dead when I got back, but there was a squad of Gunners who had presumably killed him this time instead, trying to extort me for safe passage. Is this quest broken or am I missing something obvious?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Lets talk Vaults, because exploring them and their backstories has always been my favourite part of these games. I've found 5 so far, which I think is all of them. Big old list of spoilers ahead:

Vault 75 is selectively breeding strong, intelligent fighters for the military. Parents are allowed in but separated (I think they were the first researchers?). Kids are raised by robots/researches until age 18, when they "graduate" and are either harvested for their genetic material (and subsequently used for IVF treatment), join the researchers, or culled. I think the suggestion is that the kids who broke out became the Gunners? That's speculation on my part though.
Vault 81 is the living vault that was secretly used for disease research and houses Curie, the second best companion in the game (after Dogmeat of course). Her quips about cleaning up and filing reports are the best.
Vault 95 is the addict vault, residents when through withdrawal and a rehab programme for 5 years before a secret room containing a shitload of chems was opened and everything quickly went to poo poo.
Vault 111 is obviously the cryo vault.
Vault 114 was supposed to be full of Boston's elite who were housed in slum-like conditions, but either wasn't finished or wasn't used?

I think they did a really good job of fleshing out all of the vaults in this game. Each one has a defined purpose and the terminal entries are well written.

On a side note, has anyone found how the FEV was released in Boston? I saw a reference to it in a terminal in the Institute but nothing else.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Perestroika posted:

Usually the location of all power armours that are yours should be marked on the world map. Unless perhaps you left it inside some building, I don't know what happens then.

Hmm, maybe I overlooked it. I'll check it out next time I play.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

im really glad the brotherhood went back to their xenophobic rear end in a top hat roots in this game because as a side effect i've been seeing people who only played fallout 3 confused/angry that they're not the paragons of virtue they were in fallout 3

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Even if it is missing for some reason, Power Armour is pretty easy to replace.

I'm hoping someone makes the Red Rocket garage bigger once the GECK is released, I want an Iron Man-style garage just filled with different types of power armour.

ShadowMar posted:

im really glad the brotherhood went back to their xenophobic rear end in a top hat roots in this game because as a side effect i've been seeing people who only played fallout 3 confused/angry that they're not the paragons of virtue they were in fallout 3

They were assholes in NV too, weren't they? I don't think they were xenophobic but it was clear that they were weird and creepy shutins who only give a poo poo about hoarding tech.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 14, 2015

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Hahaha loving hell that's magical

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Is there anywhere to see the the loading screen art assets (like the weapons, pins, etc?)

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Perestroika posted:

If someone other than you puts it on, like a raider or companion, it stops being "yours" and no longer shows up on the map.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I like the Personality song. It's cute.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It only displays the last suit you wore on the map though. Which is a problem if you leave cores in your suits because RADIANT AI can just up and decide that it needs more armor and get in suits that you leave cores in.

ShadowMar posted:

I like the middle ground they are in 4. In 1 and 2 there wasn't ever really a good reason why they had labled bases around cities if they just wanted to be isolated off hoarding technology. 4 makes their goals have some sense at least.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really dislike it when people shoot down whatever someone is saying by saying "lol it's just <whoever we're making fun of> who cares what they say," it seems disingenuous, and makes everyone jump on someone without really knowing, or having an opinion on the subject on hand.

of course, I once used glue the wrong way so what do I know?

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
edit: why am I quoting Lady Naga

So what's the deal with turrets. Sometimes they are Mk1, sometimes Mk3, sometimes Mk5 and the cans are labeled Incendiary.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Is there a settlement with all the crafting stations pre-built besides Sanctuary and Red Rocket Garage? I don't have local leader leveled up and I'm looking for a change of scenery

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
What's the difference between recoil control and per-shot recoil? The weapon mods are all extremely vague as to what exactly they do.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Lakbay posted:

Is there a settlement with all the crafting stations pre-built besides Sanctuary and Red Rocket Garage? I don't have local leader leveled up and I'm looking for a change of scenery

Most of the places with workbenches have all of them scattered around. Unless it's a farm or something.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Is there a finite amount of things in the world? Is it possible consume all the RadAways in the game?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I just finished the story with the institute, and it's really bugging me that I can't go back to the airship or even the airport to do some looting. I got to hang around in the railroad's base so I assumed it would be the same but apparently all that stuff is just gone forever. There was good stuff in and under that airship.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Baron Bifford posted:

Is there a finite amount of things in the world? Is it possible consume all the RadAways in the game?

I'm pretty sure that even random junk items respawn in this game, so you'll never run out of things.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Is there an easy way to tell from a distance if someone is hostile to you or not?
I've been in a few situations where I have walked towards something that looked like not a raider, but they just start shooting at me anyway. If had known I would have shot at them first.
Example being the cathedrel in Cambridge - walked in and there was a named preacher fighting a bunch of ghouls. I helped him out but he started attacking me when all the ghouls were dead.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

randombattle posted:

Most of the places with workbenches have all of them scattered around. Unless it's a farm or something.

After doing the minutemen quests up to The Castle all of the settlements besides Sanctuary/Red Rocket are missing one station. I tend to use all of them.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mr Beens posted:

Is there an easy way to tell from a distance if someone is hostile to you or not?
I've been in a few situations where I have walked towards something that looked like not a raider, but they just start shooting at me anyway. If had known I would have shot at them first.
Example being the cathedrel in Cambridge - walked in and there was a named preacher fighting a bunch of ghouls. I helped him out but he started attacking me when all the ghouls were dead.

VATS should highlight hostile targets with red names for you.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just cheated in a chem station in sanctuary, gently caress that.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Robots have gotten pretty metal in this game.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

Turtlicious posted:

It already had a chem station. Behind the house of the drug dealer.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Turtlicious posted:

There's a chem station behind one of the houses in sanctuary, takes a little bit of exploring.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I found a room in Fort Strong with a Fat Man. You can catch a glimpse of it through debris, so I ran circles around the place trying to get in there. I got frustrated and noclipped in and that room literally has no legit entrance or exit, but plenty of bunkbeds in adjacent rooms with loot. That room is literally a guntease. You can't get in without cheating.

sector_corrector posted:

There's a fully intact T-45 SE of the starting neighborhood. Just look for the crashed vertibird. If you join the brotherhood they give you a full T-60.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Turtlicious posted:

There's a chem station behind the blue house with the terminal and safe, you can move it without any upgrades.

Azhais posted:

He'll go to any of the random doghouses in sanctuary. I just stored most of them and put two over by the power armor rack now my dogs hang out where they can be found.
I'm not sure if it's the doghouses or the food bowl, but he definitely likes to hang out next to the blue plastic dogfood bowl I left by the workbench in sanctuary, so I moved a doghouse there as well. The Abernathy farm cat will follow its food bowl around as well.

• Locked thread