Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
The only thing that can stop a bad guy with bacon is another bad guy with bacon.

Aw yeah, look at those bad boys. Look at those bad bacon boys having a big bad bacon time. Mmmmm. Bet they're making a mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

USPOL: Militant Rhetoric Is Our Forgone Conclusion

E: you want pc? Oh we can get pc :getin:

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
holy gently caress I thought we made the chat thread specifically to talk about food.

I'd say I'd rather go back to discussing whether college students are whiny entitled brats for wanting to be able to say that they don't feel safe on campus or white male concern trolls are the last bastion of free speech thereon but I have a feeling it's all part of the same thing

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Trump goes on a 95 minute rant about Carson being a retarded rage monkey pedophile and Iowa being full of idiots and we go on a 5 page derail about bacon :psyduck:

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
This bacon talk has convinced me to go back to veganism. gently caress baconlovers.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

winterwerefox posted:

Trump goes on a 95 minute rant about Carson being a retarded rage monkey pedophile and Iowa being full of idiots and we go on a 5 page derail about bacon :psyduck:

is there a transcript yet?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

winterwerefox posted:

This subforum isn't far from the subforum where people were punished for suggesting that jellied animal fat was not a healthy diet.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Electric Bugaloo posted:

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with bacon is another bad guy with bacon.

Aw yeah, look at those bad boys. Look at those bad bacon boys having a big bad bacon time. Mmmmm. Bet they're making a mess.

Didn't some right wing talk show host bring up the idea of coating bullets in bacon grease this damning Muslims?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DOOP posted:

Didn't some right wing talk show host bring up the idea of coating bullets in bacon grease this damning Muslims?

Then I have the product for you!!!

http://www.silverbulletgunoil.net

quote:

Silver Bullet Gun Oil is a HIGHLY EFFECTIVE Counter-Islamo terrorist force multiplier. SILVER BULLET GUN OIL WAS
SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO PUT DEMORALIZING FEAR AND TERROR INTO SUPPOSEDLY "FEARLESS" ISLAMOTERRORISTS and to
INCREASE WEAPONS RELIABILITY. It was created with the "TRUE BELIEVER'' in mind. According to Mohammed,"PROPHET OF
iSLAM" Allah stated, "ANY OF MY FOLLOWERS CONTAMINATED BY SWINE WHEN THEY DIE WILL BE DENIED ENTRY INTO MY
PARADISE,, I HATE THE STENCH OF SWINE."

HOW DOES SILVER BULLET GUN OIL WORK? SILVER BULLET GUN OIL CONTAINS 13% USDA LIQUEFIED PIG FAT. The PIG FAT is
mixed with our blended, hi-grade weapons OIL and NASA grade superlubricants.SBGO IS DESIGNED FOR USE IN ALL FIREARMS. The
oil is applied to the inside of the barrel and action of any firearm or weapons system. When fired, BULLETS ARE COATED WITH
SILVER BULLET GUN OIL CONTAINING THE PIG FAT. The PIG FAT IS TRANSFERRED TO ANYTHING THE BULLETS STRIKE. The coating of
OIL CONTAINING PIG FAT effectively DENIES entry to Allah's Paradise to any Islamo-Fascist terrorist KIA with a bullet coming from a
firearm using SILVER BULLET GUN OIL in the barrel. SILVER BULLET GUN OIL uses the belief system of Allah's Islamo-Fascist
terrorists to put fear of death into them..iSRAEL HAS USED CONTAINERS OF PORK GREASE TO DETER MURDER BOMBERS IN THEIR
PUBLIC TRANSPORT SINCE 2004.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

DemeaninDemon posted:

This subforum isn't far from the subforum where people were punished for suggesting that jellied animal fat was not a healthy diet.

Remember when the goon killed his dog by feeding it a low-carb diet

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Trabisnikof posted:

thats stupid, plus isnt this giving credence to their religion,

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Luigi Thirty posted:

No... I do not...

:(

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

There was the goon that hosed his dog, the goon who gave up his dog because no time for it due to wow, this goon. Conclusion: goons suck at dog.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats stupid, plus isnt this giving credence to their religion,

well I guess the idea is you tell them in advance and that takes the suicidalness out of them?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Trabisnikof posted:

quote:

iSRAEL HAS USED CONTAINERS OF PORK GREASE TO DETER MURDER BOMBERS IN THEIR PUBLIC TRANSPORT SINCE 2004.
I like this part best - this way Israel can target both Muslims and Jews!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Trabisnikof posted:

:lol:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

You don't read the Freep thread do you? Most Muslim-related posts include pork product magic bullets.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Its official. The French terrorist attacks have driven this thread insane.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grouchio posted:

Its official. The French terrorist attacks have driven this thread insane.

we could relax a bit

lets take a look at what the Daily Show had to say about dining hall based discrimination back in the day

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/cguv0p/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-no-meal-plan-no-cry

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 14, 2015

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Justus posted:

The only thing that can stop back bacon is good bacon.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

PUGGERNAUT posted:

This comparison only works if there is one dining hall in the whole state and you need a three-day waiting period to order your pasta

And you have to sit through a mandatory viewing of a combine harvester mowing through birds, insects and rodents; showing you just how many animal deaths you're contributing to by eating plans, when only one could have died if you'd eaten it directly... :rolleyes:

I can't figure out an allegory for the mandatory ultrasound wand rape yet.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

DemeaninDemon posted:

You don't read the Freep thread do you? Most Muslim-related posts include pork product magic bullets.

I don't hate myself that much, so no

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I just want you guys to know I'm working with HR and our wellness director at the Big Corporate Office to ban all processed sugar.

Fried food is next.

:getin:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

I just want you guys to know I'm working with HR and our wellness director at the Big Corporate Office to ban all processed sugar.

Fried food is next.

Aren't there people literally afraid of this in NYC

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

Aren't there people literally afraid of this in NYC

I'm literally doing this in Atlanta.

The first step is going to be getting rid of the smoothie bar, justified by people thinking they're healthy by virtue of them being a smoothie.

Then will come the candy bars.

the next step will be replacing all the pastas and poo poo with less tasty alternative, like quinoa pasta wednesday with all natural tomato sauce.

Then the sugar.

then the fried food.

Soon, all they will have is plain grilled chicken breasts and steamed broccoli.

muahahahahaha

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

FizFashizzle posted:

Fried food is next.

Is it OK when wellness programs at employers do it? It's a free market solution to paying out the rear end because your fat gently caress accountant has to miss more work due to losing another limb to the diabetes.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Mister Macys posted:

And you have to sit through a mandatory viewing of a combine harvester mowing through birds, insects and rodents; showing you just how many animal deaths you're contributing to by eating plans, when only one could have died if you'd eaten it directly... :rolleyes:

I can't figure out an allegory for the mandatory ultrasound wand rape yet.

You have to eat it through a feeding tube.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

FizFashizzle posted:

Fried food is next.

You guys should've been there when word came down that the US Navy was removing deep fryers from all warships. That went over well.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

AlternateNu posted:

You guys should've been there when word came down that the US Navy was removing deep fryers from all warships. That went over well.

Isn't that somewhat reasonable considering the risk of fire on a ship from mistakes when deep frying?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

PUGGERNAUT posted:

You have to eat it through a feeding tube.

:vince:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Isn't that somewhat reasonable considering the risk of fire on a ship from mistakes when deep frying?

Meh, it was removed purely for health reasons. While fryer fires were relatively common (compared to any other type of shipboard fire), ships have an aqueous potassium carbonate (APC) system set up in every galley pointed specifically at deep fryers. That system would have to completely fail along with all the other swiss cheese crap for a fire to break out due to it.

Ain't worth the loss of deep fried lumpia. :argh:

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

wheat is murder

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Meat ship, cooked, looked like an abortion. Bacon on that turkey will turn into coal hours before the stuffing (WHY?!) even broke 100°F.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Those last two are just cribbed from the GOP's abortion platform page.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FizFashizzle posted:

Fried food is next.

You monster.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Justus posted:

The only thing that can stop bad bacon is good bacon.

I'm sorry, but the meme we were looking for was "The only thing that can stop a guy with bad cholesterol is guy with good cholesterol."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sounds like a bunch of welfare queens couldn't bring themselves to stop suckling at the teat of subsidized food and embrace the free market alternatives to get their fix of what they want. Just wait until Carson's thought police report you

It's really sad the things people consider themselves entitled to to the point of not being able to live without it and getting violent. I'm a huge carnivore but went vegetarian for 10 months just to see if I could and didn't die and I'm sure others could as well

On a semi-related note, I've always wondered why fish isn't considered meat by catholics and the like? I mean it's clearly a living animal's flesh, I've always considered it a little disrespectful to the animal to classify it as broccoli

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Sounds like a bunch of welfare queens couldn't bring themselves to stop suckling at the teat of subsidized food and embrace the free market alternatives to get their fix of what they want. Just wait until Carson's thought police report you

It's really sad the things people consider themselves entitled to to the point of not being able to live without it and getting violent. I'm a huge carnivore but went vegetarian for 10 months just to see if I could and didn't die and I'm sure others could as well

On a semi-related note, I've always wondered why fish isn't considered meat by catholics and the like? I mean it's clearly a living animal's flesh, I've always considered it a little disrespectful to the animal to classify it as broccoli

Lenten meat abstention is about self-denial primarily, so the rules are a bit off the wall.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

The prohibition is technically against eating the flesh of warm-blooded animals and fish are deemed to be cold-blooded. You can eat anything fitting that standard but eating fish is customary thanks to the reality of medieval food preparation (salt fish kept well) and medieval rules lawyering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Luigi Thirty posted:

The prohibition is technically against eating the flesh of warm-blooded animals and fish are deemed to be cold-blooded. You can eat anything fitting that standard but eating fish is customary thanks to the reality of medieval food preparation (salt fish kept well) and medieval rules lawyering.

Interestingly enough, fish is also not considered meat as far as Kosher laws are concerned, hence why you can eat a lox and cream cheese bagel with impunity. :v:

• Locked thread