Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Drone posted:

Just reformed my Romuva... I thought reformed pagan faiths had the "vulnerable to non-pagan missionaries" thing removed?

Nope, it's just harder to be converted.

You converted, didn't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Dareon posted:

I'm disappointed that "Reveal Secret Bear" is not actually what that button will do.

Well it would be pretty silly if the button didn't do what is said on the label now wouldn't it.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

CrazyLoon posted:

At a quick glance, right off I notice you're missing one "}" there at the end, so it's quite possible that the command for the building/retinue continues onwards without any ending and that's what's allowing everyone to build them.

Also, I'd advise putting NOT = { culture = varangian } after the FROM and alongside the OR options command. If I remember correctly, it's a lot safer that way to make sure Varangians aren't part of this, rather than it just being another OR option, but maybe that's just my preference and bad things might happen that way too.

No, I just didn't copy that bracket over when copying the code, I only wanted the bit that I changed. I'll try your way, thaks.

BabyFur Denny posted:

Why do you think you can exclude anything with an OR condition? OR is never exclusive, it is always inclusive.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Yeah, NOT = (culture = varangian) in OR means that everybody who fulfils that condition (isn't varangian culture) gets them. Just take it out of OR.

Ah, thanks. I'm not a scripter, I have very little idea what I'm doing and the only other vanilla building that has exclusions are the Arabic ones that exclude Andausian and Berber cultures, but that doesn't have an OR condition. Thanks for the help!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
All the LP's are slow rn and ck2 vids on a phone are just hot garbage people should post some "what I'm doing right nows" imo

I'm dying with no ck2

mythomanic
Aug 19, 2009

verbal enema posted:

All the LP's are slow rn and ck2 vids on a phone are just hot garbage people should post some "what I'm doing right nows" imo

I'm dying with no ck2

Are there any good LPs going on right now aside from GothLP and Rincewind's new Norman one (which hasn't updated in weeks)? They're both excellent, just so slow.

I finally Ironman restored Israel as Khazaria. I settled down in Jerusalem, and the Khazar horde has stayed pretty much in tact after I left it. It's really strong, as I burnt all of Persia down to make more room for horses. Its religion has shifted around a bunch. It was Jewish for a few generations, then Hindu, and now it's Miaphysite. It's become this weird Empire generator as different rulers keep settling down. The Magyars hosed up their invasion of Carpathia and ended up settling as "The Empire of Boleslav" in Poland, but they haven't really done poo poo. Every now and then, a Jewish Khazar will subjugate Bulgaria, but never revoke enough titles to rule them successfully, so Bulgaria is constantly a landed Orthodox majority ruled by a tiny Jewish minority. Arabia is pretty much covered in small Jewish kingdoms from various invaders. The actual "Arabian Empire" title is held by some Khazar in the northern steppes. For awhile, the Zealots ruled Egypt after the Great Holy War, but the Umayyads got them in a Jihad that I wasn't able to help out with. Now the Ummayads rule (pretty much) all of Hispania and all of north Africa, but they're the only real Muslim power left in the game.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
I haven't played this game since around the India expansion. There is a raiding army sitting in my completely looted capital, not generating any loot (the associated fleet is full). The army is larger than my total levies. It's been there for a year showing no signs of moving.
How am I supposed to get rid of them?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

verbal enema posted:

I'm dying with no ck2

It's old, but I love Idle Thumbs' blind LP. It's a video LP of two guys struggling through basic things, but manages to be really charming and you can just listen to it.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 24, 2018

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

mythomanic posted:

Are there any good LPs going on right now aside from GothLP and Rincewind's new Norman one (which hasn't updated in weeks)? They're both excellent, just so slow.

You have mine where I started playing as my own Easter Egg character in Crusader Kings 2
Link

Groogy fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Nov 12, 2015

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

mythomanic posted:

Old Men Telling Stories is solid enough so far.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

verbal enema posted:

I'm dying with no ck2

Playing as Mali and I'm disappointed that Mansa Musa, who may have been one of the richest men of all time, is only sort of rich in the game when he should obviously start with at least 4000 gold. Managed to take over Mauritania but I need to get an entire other kingdom before I can become an empire which sort of sucks.

Still trying to decide whether I should take on the Castillians, which would allow me to grab large amounts of land in one go through holy wars, or play it safe and slowly pick away at the smaller North-African states.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 12, 2015

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

verbal enema posted:

I'm dying with no ck2

Been having crash problems on saving, but between those I've got a neat Irish Nomad game going. Need to convert government type with the console (or a mod), but after the first few conquests, no one can stop you. Nearly got the entirety of Ireland razed down to prime grazing land, subjugated Pictland and am working on tearing their titles away, and made Northumbria a tributary. Which was sort of a mistake, as now I can only expand through Wales.

Also I'm in the MP LP Obliterati linked, which you probably noticed already, and was moderately influential just recently in loving up all the poo poo.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

What governs whether you can subjugate another kingdom as an Indian? I won a war against Pratihara, and then my char died, but the new one can't subjugate them again? Were both indo-aryan, I have the purity necessary, and I can subjugate other countries normally, but for some reason the subjugate CB doesn't come up for the Pratiharas.

Is there some kind of truce timer that only extends past character death for subjugations? The last war I fought against them wasnt a subjugation war. I'm jain and they're Hindu, if that helps.

It sucks because they're currently getting beat down by everyone else and this is the best time to seize half of India, but I can't do it for some reason.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

MinistryofLard posted:

What governs whether you can subjugate another kingdom as an Indian? I won a war against Pratihara, and then my char died, but the new one can't subjugate them again? Were both indo-aryan, I have the purity necessary, and I can subjugate other countries normally, but for some reason the subjugate CB doesn't come up for the Pratiharas.

Is there some kind of truce timer that only extends past character death for subjugations? The last war I fought against them wasnt a subjugation war. I'm jain and they're Hindu, if that helps.

It sucks because they're currently getting beat down by everyone else and this is the best time to seize half of India, but I can't do it for some reason.

You need to be in the same culture group as your target; India has two. Did your new guy take you into the other one?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Playing as Mali and I'm disappointed that Mansa Musa, who may have been one of the richest men of all time, is only sort of rich in the game when he should obviously start with at least 4000 gold. Managed to take over Mauritania but I need to get an entire other kingdom before I can become an empire which sort of sucks.

How hard would it be to add a unique building for Mali, "Malian gold mine" or some such that gives ludicrous gold? Hmm. Lock it to that region or have him put them everywhere? Decisions, decisions...

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Bloodly posted:

How hard would it be to add a unique building for Mali, "Malian gold mine" or some such that gives ludicrous gold? Hmm. Lock it to that region or have him put them everywhere? Decisions, decisions...

Not just Gold mines, but Salt mines as well. Back then, salt was just as valuable and Mali had massive amounts of both.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Bloodly posted:

It'd be better to add a trade route in Mali, going up to Marrakesh and Cairo. You would then make culture/province specific buildings that give a giant boost to trade income and could only be built at the start of the trade route.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Autonomous Monster posted:

You need to be in the same culture group as your target; India has two. Did your new guy take you into the other one?

Nope, both indo-aryan.

I might have actually worked it out. I think you can't subjugate war someone who's already in a subjugation war, presumably to stop two people subjugating the same kingdom.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Next task: mod in a "Splitter" trait.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I hadn't played CK2 since like.. Sons of Abraham, but today got the urge to play it again. Picked up Way of Life and started out with Harald Fairhair. I love playing as Norse, but getting inheritance in order is a pain. After botching an invasion of Lothringia (gently caress Karlings), I managed to capture all three Scandinavian holy sites and form the kingdom of Norway. But the problem now is that apparently the Norse religious authority is literally zero. There's like -25% from lost religious wars. Is there an easy way to gain the ~50 authority I need to reform the faith? Do I just have to go around picking up lovely Suomenusko / Romuvan land? Capturing the two remaining Karling-held holy sites is not really an option...

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there any really good Roman Empire mod that people can recommend?

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Trogdos! posted:

I hadn't played CK2 since like.. Sons of Abraham, but today got the urge to play it again. Picked up Way of Life and started out with Harald Fairhair. I love playing as Norse, but getting inheritance in order is a pain. After botching an invasion of Lothringia (gently caress Karlings), I managed to capture all three Scandinavian holy sites and form the kingdom of Norway. But the problem now is that apparently the Norse religious authority is literally zero. There's like -25% from lost religious wars. Is there an easy way to gain the ~50 authority I need to reform the faith? Do I just have to go around picking up lovely Suomenusko / Romuvan land? Capturing the two remaining Karling-held holy sites is not really an option...

Honestly, either do fifty county conquests, burn down some heathen temples, or wait for a civil war in the Karling realms. What's you inheritance looking like? You might need to deal with some kids.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 17, 2018

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kayten posted:

Honestly, either do fifty county conquests, burn down some heathen temples, or wait for a civil war in the Karling realms. What's you inheritance looking like? You might need to deal with some kids.
Harald is 42 years old and has three decent sons, with the firstborn nominated as heir and also supported by the realm. Third son joined the Varangian Guard recently. Elective gavelkind is new to me, I assume the nomination just picks the family member I will play as, and my lands will be split beetween the three sons like normal Gavelkind.

The Karling blob seems quite stable, they stamp out rebellions very quickly. I'm not a very good CK2 player so I don't really know how I can tackle them. I guess I'm going to have to go conquer the Baltic and hope that the other Norse rulers get their poo poo together.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Umm...that is awesome. Thank you very much.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Trogdos! posted:

Harald is 42 years old and has three decent sons, with the firstborn nominated as heir and also supported by the realm. Third son joined the Varangian Guard recently. Elective gavelkind is new to me, I assume the nomination just picks the family member I will play as, and my lands will be split beetween the three sons like normal Gavelkind.

The Karling blob seems quite stable, they stamp out rebellions very quickly. I'm not a very good CK2 player so I don't really know how I can tackle them. I guess I'm going to have to go conquer the Baltic and hope that the other Norse rulers get their poo poo together.

Go raiding in England with a young character, get tons of prestige, raise ten tribal armies and stomp the karlings into splinters

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

gfanikf posted:

Umm...that is awesome. Thank you very much.

It's not good FYI. Unless you like 400 tiny provinces added to North Africa.

And Nazi flags on non-Nazi things.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

And Nazi flags on non-Nazi things.
What?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

The Ostrogoths' flag is a straight-up Nazi Eagle. Or at least it was, last time I looked at the mod.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 17, 2018

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I mean, really.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It's been removed, thankfully.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

I really wish I could join my liege's wars when it's a defensive war to protect my title; if only because I'm going to be helping the battles anyway, so that they could count towards the warscore.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

DStecks posted:

I really wish I could join my liege's wars when it's a defensive war to protect my title; if only because I'm going to be helping the battles anyway, so that they could count towards the warscore.

Just raise your levies, the invader should be hostile to your own forces.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I'm afraid you have fallen prey to a goon's jape. WtWSMS is widely considered to be a Bad Mod due to some ridiculous design decisions (i.e. the garamantes).

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
More specifically, a portion of the Sahara desert was turned into a dense, powerful region far stronger than the next most powerful one (Byzantine/Eastern Roman Empire) because of a bunch of historical aquifers and oasis that dried up a few generations later.

Adding detail to an often ignored area like Africa? Sure, cool, good. Making the central Sahara more densely populated and richer than the Roman Empire? Hmm, maybe too far.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

In the current CK+ version, just how annoying are the new factions? I like the idea of more indepth vassals, but I don't want to babysit them too much.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sigh I just want a Early Middle Ages period ...and also a Full Roman Empire DLC.

I have to assume that unless CK3 is the new project it might be possible. Because honestly with mods and patches they can keep doing just DLC for a few more years on this and EU4 and I'll be happy.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

Just raise your levies, the invader should be hostile to your own forces.

Yeah but then you rob your liege of the warscore, so the war goes on 2-3 times as long while they slowly mop up stragglers.

hand-fed baby bird
May 13, 2009

DStecks posted:

I try to help by liberating occupied provinces if I can. Also I think if you arrive late to a battle then your liege should still get the warscore. Might be wrong on that last one. It's not ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
If you can join your troops to his army, then your troops will support him in his battles, and he gets warscore for them.

You are, however, hoping that the AI can use your army effectively, and not waste them all due to attrition.

• Locked thread