Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Just saying, but that last panel of Rip Haywire looks really good.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why does Mary Jane think Namor was going to hurt that kid?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

Why does Mary Jane think Namor was going to hurt that kid?

He was going to hurt him not through physical violence, but by refusing to allow any human medical intervention.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

goatface posted:

I'm taking the outside bet that Pru is a lesbian more interested in Tiffany, which causes Gunther to get all sulky and recede even further into his pubescent bad-boy persona.
I agree that I think Pru will turn out to be gay, but she's going to hit on Luanne or Bernice so they can have A Very Serious Comic where they have to address it and How It Is Okay To Be A Gay Homosexual Aren't We Progressive or something.

The Dinette Set has the funk.

Working Daze really needs to start dialing it back with the nerd-icon-worship stuff.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix paints a vision of a dark future.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

I agree that I think Pru will turn out to be gay, but she's going to hit on Luanne or Bernice so they can have A Very Serious Comic where they have to address it and How It Is Okay To Be A Gay Homosexual Aren't We Progressive or something.

This is Luann, so it's more likely that Luann will vaguely wonder if she's gay for three weeks but it turns out she's not and she has a boyfriend in New York that no one ever bothered mentioning.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I'm betting on lesbian who hits on Bernice and then they ride off into the sunset together.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

It would be more interesting if she were hot and interested in Quill, or hot and not interested in Quill, so I'm still putting my money on Ugmo. It's the end of the week, though, so hard telling how much longer they'll drag out the "suspense."
What would be really interesting is if she were "unattractive," but Quill and her had a mutual attraction anyways.

By the way, when was the last time Delta was seen or mentioned in this strip?

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

It's a little known fact in the Marvel Universe that Namor is a huge Broadway fan and knows all the actors by sight.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Mary is coming off to me as really needy in this cab ride cameo/sidestory.

Rex Morgan MD

I don't mind telling you I was surprised and am legitimately excited by this turn of events. I had no idea June was even that far along.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

"Back to Gotham, where I am known as The Penguin."

Thus ends the penultimate week of A3G.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

"Back to Gotham, where I am known as The Penguin."

Thus ends the penultimate week of A3G.

"I must go now, my planet needs me."

Note: Eric died on the way back to his home planet. As did the comic strip.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
My outside bet is that Prudence is either a chain-smoking Suicide Girl who gets 'reformed' by Luann's bland example, or she's a child prodigy who gets diluted down to mediocrity by being around the cast of Luann.

Outland, June 23rd, 1991.

Ripley's

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Delta went away to DC to join the Black Panthers.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Shame he'll lose that bet.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I was about to post that!

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
You know what? There used to be a whole lot more posted in this thread. Maybe a few of us lurkers should try contributing! –hint hint-
I know we used to have Cul de Sac as a regular thing but it seems to have died off. I hope the previous poster doesn’t mind if I pick it up along with a few new items.

Big Nate

Frazz

Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Cul de Sac

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Odonata posted:

You know what? There used to be a whole lot more posted in this thread. Maybe a few of us lurkers should try contributing! –hint hint-
I know we used to have Cul de Sac as a regular thing but it seems to have died off. I hope the previous poster doesn’t mind if I pick it up along with a few new items.

:neckbeard:
Yes, we need new comics anyway to replace 9CL A3G.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Evil Mastermind posted:

My money's on her being 90 years old. Her name is Prudence!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't think the author has it in him to design anymore young characters

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Odonata posted:

Big Nate

Frazz

Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Cul de Sac

Big Nate is one of my favorite strips, thank you so much for posting it.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Inspector Danger

Deep Dark Fears

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

So the first panel is talking about that murder that Dilbert did a couple months ago, right?

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

B R U T A L

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If the deafblind guy is deaf and blind enough to get no use from a TV, are they really that likely to be living on their own anyway?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
And why is it their call to take him to a nursing home? At the very least it would be social services call with the clients consent.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
And how did he murder his nurse across town? And why did he confess to it when asked about why he didn't have satellite TV? :psyduck:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Inspector Danger just thought he would be an easy mark to bully into confessing. He knows all about that nurse because he was having an affair with her that turned nasty. He sent his spod across town so that he could convince the CSI to agree with his story in peace.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

Hat's off to you.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Pooch Café

Man, I've seen dogs destroy couches. At least cats don't eat the stuffing.

Ballard Street

He's not happy about it, but getting consent every time is an important part of any fetish relationship, no matter how long-lived.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Finally, we get to the high-res ones! It was killing me seeing this art so blurry.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ZeeToo posted:

Hat's off to you.

Oh, so it is.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

I like this pun.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (November 13-14, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Three (August 31 - September 2, 1953)

Back To B.C.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

So the first panel is talking about that murder that Dilbert did a couple months ago, right?

That was a week or two ago.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Soooooooo happy to see new Moomin!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Curtis

The Comics Curmudgeon posted:

When Curtis launched in 1988, it totally made cultural sense for Curtis to be a huge fan of rap music and for his dad to hate it. Now, nearly 30 years later, thanks to comics time this is not so much the case: it seems unlikely that Greg, the father of two young children, is much older than 45 or so, which would have made him a teenager himself during the age of old-school hip-hop. Anyway, the matter of Greg’s age has been left more or less untouched for most of the strip, which is why it’s all the more shocking to learn that one of his first-ever crushes co-existed with the age of web browsing, which would certainly make him younger … than … me? Oh my God I’m older than Curtis’s dad
So, Greg must be, what, 30? Was he still a teenager when Curtis was born?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

greatn posted:

e:

greatn posted:

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.

Odonata posted:

Good point! With that in mind, here are a couple of strips I'd been meaning to scan and post for a long time.

King Aroo details the adventures of the diminutive King Aroo, monarch of Myopia, and his loyal servant Yupyop. This one ran from late 1950 until 1965.

King Aroo (November 13, 1950)

Barnaby features the titular Barnaby and his Fairy Godfather, a cigar-smoking Irishman named O'Malley. Created by Crockett Johnson of Harold and the Purple Crayon fame, the strip is often hailed for its arresting clean-line style and smart, imaginative storytelling. This one ran daily in the leftist paper PM between 1942 and 1952.

Barnaby (April 20, 1942)

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Newspaper Mickey Mouse (1935-1936):

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I remember King Aroo from the last time we saw some. It's cute and good.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Phantom

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

treasureplane posted:

King Aroo (November 13, 1950)

Barnaby (April 20, 1942)

These are a couple of really great-looking strips. (I love the water running out of the tear in the map.) Nice finds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Splashing the cash on the expensive ammo.

• Locked thread