Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I have a .45 battle rifle that shreds, but that .308 receiver mod is just mocking my lack of perks.

Give me my goddamned M1A, you assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Having something with armor piercing is pro++

I got a legendary 10mm pistol that does 50% more to humans so it's my bandit slayer now.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Do your guns like level up with you or something? I have some that I've had forever that wreck poo poo with minimal upgrades and whenever I get a new one it does like 5 damage.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

psydude posted:

Do your guns like level up with you or something? I have some that I've had forever that wreck poo poo with minimal upgrades and whenever I get a new one it does like 5 damage.

Mods mostly. Rank 2 or 3 for gun nut / science is huge for a lot of guns.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How's it work for armor? Better to craft stuff as opposed to finding it out in the world?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

How's it work for armor? Better to craft stuff as opposed to finding it out in the world?

deep pockets on everything or get lost scrub

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

See you in a month FO4 :sigh:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
OH PISS

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtyByefOvgQ

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Mix and match. I'm currently running with a BoS uniform (that I found) with Polymer Combat Armor (found base Combat Armor on a vendor, improved it). Eventually I'm going to be making it ultra lightweight or deep pocketed, whichever results in more overall carrying ability. I also found some Synth armor pieces, but until Armorer 4 my stuff is better.

I am seriously, seriously hurting for ammo with my full automatics build. I'm really starting to think that it was mostly intended to be mixed with Heavy Weapons. I spend almost all my caps on ammo, and I have rank 1 of the ammo finder perk.

Also, I have 17 fully charged Fusion Cores. I should probably stop trying to save my Power Armor run for my next character. But a ton of PA mods favor melee/unarmed ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

See you in a month FO4 :sigh:

See you in a month buddy :3::hf::3:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
ahahahahaha

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i turned the difficulty down to very easy because i want a power fantasy and not to constantly be getting owned by mirelurk elites and gunners and super mutants and drat near everything else. it feels real good plugging a normal raider in the stomach with a combat shotgun and watching him die instead of taking 3 more before he eats poo poo

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
There's a mirelurk king that will snap your dick off and robots that shoot instakill death beams so i don't blame you.

speaking of shot guns I picked this up bad boy yesterday

it wrecks poo poo

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 13, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

See you in a month buddy :3::hf::3:

Oh no...see you tomorrow. :getin:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
loving poo poo

found another god drat mirelurk queen.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So yeah, if you're playing on Survival and using automatics, get the ammo perk. Turns out it's not the garbage it was in FO3/NV.

Starting to use Power Armor a bit more, poo poo is intense sometimes. One more level and I get Science! 3 and go back to using energy weapons primarily. Can't wait.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Edgar posted:

now I saw a ufo crash from the fort into west of the diamond city
Just saw this, too :stare:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
If you are having trouble finding the alien crash site :

It is a short distance east of here

It seems to happen after you hit level 20.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

elite_garbage_man posted:

There's a mirelurk king that will snap your dick off and robots that shoot instakill death beams so i don't blame you.

yea i was actually on that island out in the bay where i saw a mirelurk king when i finally turned the difficulty down. i was getting swarmed by mirelurk hunters when i said gently caress it im not here to impress anyone

quality of life is a lot better now. got a shitload of ammo instead of scraping by and being forced to switch over like i was before. instead i can pick the correct weapon for the situation. considering how much poo poo there is to see, i prefer rolling over the encounters rather than being stuck on them for 10-20 minutes

poo poo can still get hairy, like when i was infiltrating the saugus ironworks i got caught with my rear end exposed to the gunner cocksuckers on the section of highway above it and was getting air tighted by forged with flamers and molotovs and gunners with missile launchers and automatics. barely made it out alive but it felt cool that i scraped by, and that wouldve been hosed up if i had to reload because i got annihilated on normal

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Couldn't get GMG to accept my card. Said gently caress it, I'm hyped enough to pay full price for a game for once. I'm a dirty civilian but the Games thread scares me, so I hope nobody minds if I chill in here.

So far, so good. Game is amazing. Looks pretty solid, definitely not just another build on the Fallout 3 engine. Anyone who says so is delusional. Just look at the way things FIGHT for gently caress's sake--Feral Ghouls dash, roll, slam into your poo poo. Real pain in the rear end now as opposed to being either target practice or bullet sponges before. And I haven't even run into any of the really nasty poo poo yet.

Power armor is amazingly satisfying, totally different experience as opposed to being just another set of gear. Need more fusion cores. Also need to get farming set up so I can get a steady stream of adhesive rolling in.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yea i was actually on that island out in the bay where i saw a mirelurk king when i finally turned the difficulty down. i was getting swarmed by mirelurk hunters when i said gently caress it im not here to impress anyone

quality of life is a lot better now. got a shitload of ammo instead of scraping by and being forced to switch over like i was before. instead i can pick the correct weapon for the situation. considering how much poo poo there is to see, i prefer rolling over the encounters rather than being stuck on them for 10-20 minutes

poo poo can still get hairy, like when i was infiltrating the saugus ironworks i got caught with my rear end exposed to the gunner cocksuckers on the section of highway above it and was getting air tighted by forged with flamers and molotovs and gunners with missile launchers and automatics. barely made it out alive but it felt cool that i scraped by, and that wouldve been hosed up if i had to reload because i got annihilated on normal

Yeah it was tough at first

Once I got around level 20 things started to get easier. I fuckin merced a deathclaw with some lovely semi auto rifle. I guess it depends on what you're dumping points into.

I'm only playing on normal. This poo poo is going to be like dark souls on survival.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Redeye Flight posted:

Couldn't get GMG to accept my card. Said gently caress it, I'm hyped enough to pay full price for a game for once. I'm a dirty civilian but the Games thread scares me, so I hope nobody minds if I chill in here.

So far, so good. Game is amazing. Looks pretty solid, definitely not just another build on the Fallout 3 engine. Anyone who says so is delusional. Just look at the way things FIGHT for gently caress's sake--Feral Ghouls dash, roll, slam into your poo poo. Real pain in the rear end now as opposed to being either target practice or bullet sponges before. And I haven't even run into any of the really nasty poo poo yet.

Power armor is amazingly satisfying, totally different experience as opposed to being just another set of gear. Need more fusion cores. Also need to get farming set up so I can get a steady stream of adhesive rolling in.

Welcome. Have you put a red bandana on Dogmeat yet? :3:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Welcome. Have you put a red bandana on Dogmeat yet? :3:

No! I didn't even think to--I found one, though. That bandana is going straight on that dog after work tomorrow.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Doggles, helmet, heavy armor. My dog meat is metal as gently caress.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Errr, so, unarmed criticals are an interesting, interesting thing.

Ran up to a dude with a knife, hit the VATS, he swings. I figure this is gonna be the classic bash away at each other fest.

Nope. Knife boy takes his swing, Vaultman blocks, counters with a hip throw, and drills him in the head/neck with his armor piercing knuckles. Instadead raider.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Anyone else found the American flag bandana?

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Edgar posted:

Not yet but I did find a black one with skulls on it for Dogmeat to wear. :black101:

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Fallout in 4k is just... incredible. Love love love it.

Dogmeat is so :3

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Edgar posted:

spit it out

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Pc gaming is cool because I can re-spec my character.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Pc gaming is cool because I can re-spec my character.

via console commands?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

via console commands?

Yea. The one to remove perks isn't working though.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The 'Vault Tec' light for the power armor is cool. But it gets distracting every quickly.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
am i doing it right?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
:yeah:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
looks good to me

also picked up this rusty loving thing:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

am i doing it right?

Wasteland is now fabulous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm still wearing that weird metal chest piece too and I have no clue what the gently caress it's actually supposed to be

• Locked thread