Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
My betting on JEB! Yes at .17 worked out. Sold all my shares at .21, bought back in. I'm thinking he goes up to at least .24 or .25 by some point after some drop outs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I almost did that last week but was talked out of it here :shobon:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

railroad terror posted:

My betting on JEB! Yes at .17 worked out. Sold all my shares at .21, bought back in. I'm thinking he goes up to at least .24 or .25 by some point after some drop outs.

Couple of days ago I was thinking he was probably going to drop out but he has an absolutely insane amount of SuperPAC money behind him so there's no way they'll let him. That campaign will get cut to the bone before it's allowed to die

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Aliquid posted:

I almost did that last week but was talked out of it here :shobon:

All YES shares across the board are significantly overvalued and the Great Adjustment is even closer now.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Necc0 posted:

Couple of days ago I was thinking he was probably going to drop out but he has an absolutely insane amount of SuperPAC money behind him so there's no way they'll let him. That campaign will get cut to the bone before it's allowed to die

Yeah, I mean, I'll cut my losses if it starts looking real grim, but there's too much money with Jeb! for him to not stay in till at least January.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Crossposting this from the R thread:

"Rasmussen poll (taken on Wednesday and Thursday... They were really desperate to get results out). Caveats: A. This is Rassy's first poll since August so they might be rusty. B. Rassy was poo poo anyway.

Trump 27
Carson 20
Rubio 16
Cruz 13
Jeb! 8
Fiorina 4
Other 7
Undecided 5

We don't yet know how Other breaks down."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

That's great news for Carson < 22%.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Aliquid posted:

That's great news for Carson < 22%.

Just about locks up Rubio at 10%+ too.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

I'm beginning to change my thinking about Carson > 22. Seeing how he is weathering these allegations and how the connection with his supporters is less political and more spiritual, I'm thinking he's going to pull it off. 50 is too expensive and so far the reaction to this poll is muted, but I'll be a buyer if YES drops into the upper 30's or low 40's.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Amazingly, my huge bets on Bush's success are paying off.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili posted:

Crossposting this from the R thread:

"Rasmussen poll (taken on Wednesday and Thursday... They were really desperate to get results out). Caveats: A. This is Rassy's first poll since August so they might be rusty. B. Rassy was poo poo anyway.

Trump 27
Carson 20
Rubio 16
Cruz 13
Jeb! 8
Fiorina 4
Other 7
Undecided 5

We don't yet know how Other breaks down."

Yeah, Carson <22 should be a safe bet. My fear right now is that Trump attacking him might backfire to some sympathy, but I think ultimately he continues to slide.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

JosefStalinator posted:

Yeah, Carson <22 should be a safe bet. My fear right now is that Trump attacking him might backfire to some sympathy, but I think ultimately he continues to slide.

I don't think Carson below 22% is safe. He could easily end the month sitting right at 22%.

I do think yes is overvalued there.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
For whatever reason, RCP hasn't included the Rasmussen poll yet. They included the August Rasmussen poll, so I don't know if they're just being lazy on a Friday and not entering the new poll or they decided to no longer count Rassy for whatever reason.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Patter Song posted:

For whatever reason, RCP hasn't included the Rasmussen poll yet. They included the August Rasmussen poll, so I don't know if they're just being lazy on a Friday and not entering the new poll or they decided to no longer count Rassy for whatever reason.

They aren't going to include it because the poll didn't ask about all the the candidates.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Will the moderators bring up Missouri?

Regis Christ
Mar 27, 2010

"Get it? I'm old!"

Grimey Drawer

Necc0 posted:

Will the moderators bring up Missouri?

I have a few bucks on 'No', but this makes me pretty sure it'll happen:

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/sanders-aide-pushes-back-against-cbs-switch-to-215805298.html

Edit - From the article:

quote:

“There’s going to be a one-minute or so opening, basically open-ended statement from each of the candidates so they can address Paris,” the staffer said. “Then they’re going to have the first 20-minute segment be foreign policy focused because of what happened in Paris, and then they’re going to go back to the debate as it was normally structured."

Regis Christ has issued a correction as of 00:39 on Nov 15, 2015

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Debate is being focused on foreign policy & terrorism so I think No is a good bet as well.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I threw $10 on Yes, the Fox Business GOP debate was supposed to be focused on the economy and they went off on some pretty strange tangents there.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
My gut says that even if they want to bring it up, it'll just be a generic prompt about race relations. I doubt the moderators would make it that specific.

If nothing else, it looks like the price is trending up toward 50/50, so it's probably a good idea to buy No for a quick flip, even if you plan on switching to Yes.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I bought No at $.36 and am tempted to back out right now. gently caress it. LET IT RIDE

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Necc0 posted:

I bought No at $.36 and am tempted to back out right now. gently caress it. LET IT RIDE

Really salty that I missed my chance to make a bet on this market. Would have been No all the way.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Man, linking can sure make it hard to get out of a market when most of your initial sells actually cost money from your available pool to do.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
There's your Missouri mention. All you no holders just lost!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
gently caress

Regis Christ
Mar 27, 2010

"Get it? I'm old!"

Grimey Drawer
Good thing I sold my NO's.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I whiffed on this and the Starbucks market. Don't bet on utterance markets.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I've now washed away all my Biden winnings :(

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Necc0 posted:

I've now washed away all my Biden winnings :(

You didn't withdraw any? gently caress, I'm wearing a silk man thong I bought with my Biden winnings right now.

I just went ahead and bought 90 shares for O'Malley being the winner of the debate, wish me luck.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
The Hillary speaking time market was a safe bet. Making a nice quick buck tonight.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Wanamingo posted:

You didn't withdraw any? gently caress, I'm wearing a silk man thong I bought with my Biden winnings right now.

I just went ahead and bought 90 shares for O'Malley being the winner of the debate, wish me luck.

Nah I'm patient. Plus I don't want to give any of those Yes bastards even the slightest of vindication.

I bought O'Malley winning as well for a really good price. Fingers crossed.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I was waiting for Missouri, I must have missed it but :homebrew:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

tinstaach posted:

I was waiting for Missouri, I must have missed it but :homebrew:

You missed it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

watwat posted:

The Hillary speaking time market was a safe bet. Making a nice quick buck tonight.

Same, though it looks like most of my shares sold over just prior to the debate. Should have held more, but I can't turn down that safe profit.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Necc0 posted:

Millions in SuperPACs didn't save Walker

Smoothrich 2.0
Nov 14, 2015

by Cowcaster
i dont play this bullshit, but ill gladly accept money from goons who want entirely accurate predictions on polling, im correct 100 percent of the time, im a pro-tier analyst

sometimes i read this thread and shake my head at the ignorance. yall bunch of Karl Roves

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Fuschia tude posted:

Millions in SuperPACs didn't save Walker

Right but he was also entirely incompetent at running a national campaign. I really doubt Jebs campaign will make the same mistakes especially when they already saw what happened to Walker and with the establishment helping them every step of the way.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Smoothrich 2.0 posted:

i dont play this bullshit, but ill gladly accept money from goons who want entirely accurate predictions on polling, im correct 100 percent of the time, im a pro-tier analyst

sometimes i read this thread and shake my head at the ignorance. yall bunch of Karl Roves

Feel free to call some markets whenever you inevitably re-reg.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Outside Kentucky, has the thread consensus been wrong?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gyges posted:

Outside Kentucky, has the thread consensus been wrong?

I think it's pretty rare for the thread to get to the point of a consensus, but insofar as it actually occurs I don't think people here have been wrong too often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
So if anyone is interested, looks like some of the Nov 30 poll markets are starting to heat up. Carson tanked today and I think Trump is still pretty cheap considering the news coverage.

• Locked thread