Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

EugeneJ posted:

Is the CBS News online feed like this 24/7? I could get used to watching something like this regularly

The headlines music makes me want to go on an adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

politics aren't what you want them to be, they're what a bunch of old people you don't respect who don't even pay attention want them to be

esp bc this is loving cbs

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

The headlines music makes me want to go on an adventure.

They got it in the National Geographic auction for three-fiddy

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

But honestly I can't see how the number 2 Democratic candidate having a tantrum until a debate changes isn't noteworthy. Like it's not Watergate 2 or whatever, but especially from the dude who's all up in changing the culture and all behaving this way should be really embarassing.

It might turn out to be newsworthy but it shouldn't be for the same reason no one should give a gently caress about Hillary's emails or Ben Carson lying about stabbing some dude.

The candidates' stances on the issues is what matters and all of that other stuff lends 0 reliable information as to how they will behave in the future. People think they do however, and that's why it might still be reported on.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bernie just wants to blabber on some more about how $15 an hour for everybody will fix all our problems

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

But honestly I can't see how the number 2 Democratic candidate having a tantrum until a debate changes isn't noteworthy. Like it's not Watergate 2 or whatever, but especially from the dude who's all up in changing the culture and all behaving this way should be really embarassing.

It is really embarrassing (the Bernie campaign spokesperson is now calling any idea that they wanted to avoid foreign policy "nonsense") and should be noted, but I think it's reasonable to wonder whether or not it would get a lot of attention or be dismissed by the news-watching public as irrelevant he-said she-said.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

oystertoadfish posted:

politics aren't what you want them to be,

Then how do you explain Trump?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Jewel Repetition posted:

Then how do you explain Trump?

that's just picking a group of unrespectable old people and enjoying their politics for great irony, it short-circuits my argument. so fair enough. you win.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I Am A Robot posted:

It might turn out to be newsworthy but it shouldn't be for the same reason no one should give a gently caress about Hillary's emails or Ben Carson lying about stabbing some dude.

The candidates' stances on the issues is what matters and all of that other stuff lends 0 reliable information as to how they will behave in the future. People think they do however, and that's why it might still be reported on.

But this tantrum happened because Bernie's campaign knows he has a huge weakness in foreign policy. That's why it's noteworthy, he basically was saying 'hey hey hey wait, I'm no good at this, you can't ask me a bunch of questions about it!'

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i suspect that most people dont pay anywhere near enough attention to be affected by pre/post-debate maneuvering by the lovely little staffers whose job it is to whine about this poo poo, similar things were done by various gop candidates' staffers before their debates and i don't think those situations were prominently cited in the analyses of the public post-debate reaction

edit: vvvv good point. watch that game instead of the debate, or any other. or whatever tv show yall tv show people watch on saturday nights

or i dunno read a book? or torrent all the calvin and hobbeses and read them? just spitballin here

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 02:45 on Nov 15, 2015

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
Presenting the Iowa/Minnesota score as if the underdog has any better chance of making a decent showing there than they do in Des Moines...

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

triple sulk posted:

Bernie just wants to blabber on some more about how $15 an hour for everybody will fix all our problems

I'm pretty sure if we could guarantee every member of ISIS a $15/hour job as long as they stopped killing people, it would do a decent dent in their numbers.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Valentin posted:

It is really embarrassing (the Bernie campaign spokesperson is now calling any idea that they wanted to avoid foreign policy "nonsense") and should be noted, but I think it's reasonable to wonder whether or not it would get a lot of attention or be dismissed by the news-watching public as irrelevant he-said she-said.

It comes down to whether or not Dems will buy it (Republicans are always on board for some trash talking). And that will likely come down to what's said at the debate.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

oystertoadfish posted:

i suspect that most people dont pay anywhere near enough attention to be affected by pre/post-debate maneuvering by the lovely little staffers whose job it is to whine about this poo poo, similar things were done by various gop candidates' staffers before their debates and i don't think those situations were prominently cited in the analyses of the public post-debate reaction

I agree. Unless Hillary or O'Malley explicitly brings it up, the only people offended by the tantrum will be party insiders who disliked Sanders to begin with.

I still think it was a bad decision and shows problem within the Bernie camp, but I don't expect much of a public reaction.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Tbh I'm not sure if I'm going to watch this debate. It's sort of fun to read the live reactions here, but I'm expecting it to be the same as the last one plus I can just get all the highlights after it's over.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Jewel Repetition posted:

Tbh I'm not sure if I'm going to watch this debate. It's sort of fun to read the live reactions here, but I'm expecting it to be the same as the last one plus I can just get all the highlights after it's over.

Once it starts I can't even keep up with the debate and the thread and drinking...
I only have two hands dammit! :argh:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

watching debates is actually bad

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

This one won't have Grumpy Jim Webb. :smith:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

smg77 posted:

This one won't have Grumpy Jim Webb. :smith:

He just needed more time

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Joementum posted:

“We had agreed on opening and closing statements, the timing of those," Sanders campaign manager Jeff Weaver said about the debate format that was settled before the attacks on Friday. "Others attempted to change those. We pushed back on those and ended up prevailing. We're very happy about that.”

When asked for more details, he smiled: "Let's just say we won."

When a reporter suggested to Weaver that the changes seemed appropriate in light of the biggest terrorist attack in over a decade, he said: "Of which we have a minute and a half to speak to that. I don't even know what the argument is about."

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/bernie-sanders-debate-no-terrorism-215868

Wow, that is impressively tone deaf from a campaign manager.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bernie has declared the debate stage to be a Safe Space.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

triple sulk posted:

He just needed more time

I hope one of the other candidates continues the tradition of gleefully recounting how they killed a man.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

AlternateNu posted:

I'm pretty sure if we could guarantee every member of ISIS a $15/hour job as long as they stopped killing people, it would do a decent dent in their numbers.

Or maybe stop invading foreign countries in such a way that you destabilize the whole goddamn region.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Putting money on democrats asking for an isis war

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Logikv9 posted:

O'Malley's just happy to be here.

:shillary: Bernie and Unknown Man

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Third World Reggin posted:

Hillary: Let's find them and kill them

Bernie: Ummmmmmm

Moderator: Bernie, I think you're done here

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Third World Reggin posted:

You brave soul you.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Let's go, O'Malley. Impress me.

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
CBS/Twitter need to work on whatever code is plotting their tweets/minute graph. The latest minute always starts at zero tweets and slowly rises until it becomes a proper data point at the end of the minute.

Lamestream media bias at work! :freep:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"I wish Lincoln Chafee were still here." ~ nobody

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

CBS talking heads are asking whether Martin O'Malley can use tonight to get momentum.

I think I know the answer to this question.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

"I wish Lincoln Chafee were still here." ~ nobody
He never got a second day :(

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

that was like four seconds

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

This debate is going to suck.

People die en mass to a lot of different things we could prevent but now people are going to call for more blood.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

4 more years.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
How loud is Hillary going to cackle tonight about her being justified in starting ww3?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
They hate us for our televised debates.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Hillary very eager to be done with that moment of silence

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Is it just CBSN or are they obscuring half of the network TV feed with dumb Twitter analytics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Twitter live polling is showing a 1488% upswing for candidate baby hitler.

• Locked thread