Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

cougar cub posted:

Anyone have youtube channel recommendations?

No but TOTINOS INVITATIONAL IS ON!!!

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

(actually they're playing with nothing restricted I think, which makes it about 900x more interesting to me than usual competitive cod)

(900x0=0)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

One of our pubbies last night went 50 and 0.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

victrix posted:

(actually they're playing with nothing restricted I think, which makes it about 900x more interesting to me than usual competitive cod)

(900x0=0)

Never thought I'd live to see the day when e-sports would play a game as it was meant to be played; with nothing banned by whining children.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Now I want some loving pizza rolls.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

They did something cool with shotguns this time around - if you hit with ANY pellets, it does some minimum damage, then it adds damage for every pellet that actually hit.

In theory that should make them a lot more consistent. In practice I still find myself frustrated with one hit weapons + close range cod netcode. The full/semi auto ones feel more reliable :/

I'm slowly adapting to the way the netcode and ttk is in this game. Needing ~4 bullets to drop people just feels sloppy. You really feel it when you come up against a one burst gun, a lucky high cal headshot, or one of the 3sk guns that are fast when you're in their range (kuda/kn).

Unrelated: http://i.imgur.com/XAlTJVH.gifv

Mister Macys posted:

Never thought I'd live to see the day when e-sports would play a game as it was meant to be played; with nothing banned by whining children.

Best part is the pick/ban system is actually genuinely funny when applied to competitive cod. Someone bans a gun they deem OP!!!! and some dude on the other team is all pissed cuz his favorite gun is now unusable.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
It's me, the rear end in a top hat who likes Safeguard. I'm the guy.

Please kill me.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Sdoots posted:

It's me, the rear end in a top hat who likes Safeguard. I'm the guy.

Please kill me.

That mode is so loving bad

Speaking of bad modes, why the gently caress don't you teleport out when you dunk in Uplink, like you did in Blitz? It's suicide almost every time you score, feels bad.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

victrix posted:

Best part is the pick/ban system is actually genuinely funny when applied to competitive cod. Someone bans a gun they deem OP!!!! and some dude on the other team is all pissed cuz his favorite gun is now unusable.

If I were actually good, I would always pick the one most likely to make someone angry, rather than because of its effectiveness. :qq: :smugbert:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

victrix posted:

(900x0=0)
lmao one of them went out of the map and couldn't get back in in time so he died, losing the competition for his team

edit: what is a "pizza roll live cam"

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 14, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Safeguard is probably better on maps that aren't Nuketown.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

For youtube channels like you can literally just follow The Mark Of J and XCalizorz and you'll have no shortage of good gameplays to watch

victrix posted:

Speaking of bad modes, why the gently caress don't you teleport out when you dunk in Uplink, like you did in Blitz? It's suicide almost every time you score, feels bad.

yeah it feels like if you take the ball you just dont get streaks

Fuzzy are you on PS4 or XBone this time around?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

PS4, it's the 'lead' platform, so that's where we went (plus I have my scuf on PS4 :P). I'm Fuzzyfuzzybunny on PSN if you got it there, I nuked my entire Destiny friends list of 125+ people, so if you got removed, just re-add me and I'll accept.

I use the XB1 for Titanfall/Halo 5, that's about it.

I'm streaming again for at least awhile, so usually around 10-11 est till whenever (http://www.twitch.tv/evilgamer). Watch me very very slowly work towards Diamond camo in every category, and whine daily about impossible scorestreak challenges for animated calling cards.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i'm glad the huge "Kill this dude" marker while you're carrying the flag/ball/whatever in this game doesn't seem like it updates as often as it it did in the old games, there have been a few times where i thought for sure the guy with the satellite was coming down a certain way because of the marker and then it'd suddenly jump over because he changed direction or something. Makes carrying the thing a little less of a death sentence.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Fixed long range/non optimal kill times for burst guns (ie, adding burst delay correctly), 48 Dredge is still scary.

Fastest to slowest, ARs/SMGs/LMGs/Pistols only, optimal range.
code:
1	XR-2		Assault Rifle
2	RK5		Pistol
3	48 Dredge	LMG
4	Vesper		SMG
5	Kuda		SMG
6	L-CAR 9		Pistol
7	M8A7		Assault Rifle
8	KN-44		Assault Rifle
9	Pharo		SMG
10	VMP		SMG
11	Gorgon		LMG
12	MR6		Pistol
13	Man-O-War	Assault Rifle
14	BRM		LMG
15	Sheiva		Assault Rifle
16	HVK-30		Assault Rifle
17	Dingo		LMG
18	Weevil		SMG
19	Razorback	SMG
20	ICR-1		Assault Rifle
Fastest to slowest, ARs/SMGs/LMGs/Pistols only, worst range.
code:

1	48 Dredge	LMG
2	Vesper		SMG
3	KN-44		Assault Rifle
4	Pharo		SMG
5	RK5		Pistol
6	VMP		SMG
7	XR-2		Assault Rifle
8	HVK-30		Assault Rifle
9	Dingo		LMG
10	Kuda		SMG
11	Man-O-War	Assault Rifle
12	BRM		LMG
13	M8A7		Assault Rifle
14	Razorback	SMG
15	Gorgon		LMG
16	MR6		Pistol
17	ICR-1		Assault Rifle
18	Weevil		SMG
19	L-CAR 9		Pistol
20	Sheiva		Assault Rifle
XR-2 and M8 down a bunch, Pharo barely moves, Dredge gives no fucks (that time is firing a second burst - at its worst range it can still 1 burst kill O_o). Also makes it a good candidate for suppressing (DON'T do that on the other LMGs unless you like adding an extra bullet for every kill past inside-a-room range).

ICR has garbage tier kill times, don't use it at short range. The Weevil and Razorback are in a similar boat.

For all three of those, you need to abuse their other attributes (accuracy for ICR/Razorback, ammo capacity for Weevil), otherwise you're better off with something else.

Something I didn't notice before, the HVK/Dingo and the Manowar/BRM are basically the same gun in terms of damage and rof, just divided by ar/lmg status, so the lmg version gets more range/ammo/penetration in exchange for much worse handling.

The SMGs are divided into two broad range/damage groups, the 'long' range ones are the Kuda, Pharo, and Razorback, and the 'short' range ones are the VMP, Vesper, and Weevil. The short ones fall to 6 shots, the long ones to 5, and the short ones fall faster. In order from shortest to longest, Vesper -> VMP -> Weevil -> Pharo (barely less than the Razor) -> Razorback -> Kuda.

One thing I don't get, the VMP has faster ADS, but the Vesper/Weevil are both slower than the other subs. You'd think all the short range ones would have faster ads :shrug: All are still a bit faster than ARs though.

I think they nerfed Gorgon ads time, I believe it's now the slowest ads in the game, though I haven't double checked that.

Again restating that I think they did a pretty solid job with gun balance this time around, so use what you enjoy the most, it looks like they're watching and tweaking over/underperformers very slightly, so if they keep at that, there shouldn't be any massive standouts or dogs.

With that in mind, do pay attention to poo poo like the ICR's killtime, that guns 'role' is long range accuracy, so if you try to force it into short range fights you're going to be bitching about hitmarkers and bullshit deaths a lot.

Another thing, speaking of hitmarkers - so flinch is pretty significant in this game, and there's no Focus/Toughness to counteract it. Be aware of that if you have a habit of aiming high, you can and will get flinched off target and that'll cost you kills when you're using guns that need 4 shots on target to kill.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait
:siren: Officially have the first entry on the Bl3ps TK Spreadsheet! :siren:

It was me TKing a pubbie. :downsgun:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Something about the Gorgon besides mag size got nerfed I think, seems to take longer to shoot down things like UAVs/CUAVs now.

Also I am getting destroyed by people using the Argus and oneshotting with it

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
This is the first modern CoD game I've played and I fuckin love it. The MP is so much fun.

Also the Gorgon is fun as poo poo.

One question though, is there a way to see all the items you've obtained from the Black Market? I got a legendary camo but didn't pay attention to which gun it was for so I have no idea!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Crow_Robot posted:

This is the first modern CoD game I've played and I fuckin love it. The MP is so much fun.

Also the Gorgon is fun as poo poo.

One question though, is there a way to see all the items you've obtained from the Black Market? I got a legendary camo but didn't pay attention to which gun it was for so I have no idea!

Nope.

One more reason to only play the guns you like.

#Galil

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Re: Shooting down a hellstorm chat a page or two back.

If your bullets miss and the missile is coming in, a properly timed thruster dodge will boost you out of the kill zone :getin: I know, I've done it a few times now.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Mister Macys posted:

The new word filter on class names is definitely the best thing though. :ohdear: Apparently I've been speaking all sorts of obscenities without knowing it.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
So victrix, can I suppress SMG's or not?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Vespers dominating every lobby I'm in tonight. Not even close.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

AirRaid posted:

Yeah I get that but then jumping away from the first one tends to put me at too steep an angle. Correcting uses boost and means I'm screwed when I want to jump off the next one.

Try to stick to the wall as long as possible, you'll be able to recharge a bit of boost if you go at it slowly.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

You shouldn't even need to boost to make those jumps. You just turn into the jump and it leaps away from the current wall run without boosting. I always broke the glass trying to boost to the next pane.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The RAPS is cool and all, but I wish they came in like Dogs and not from a Dropship. I actually managed to get another RAPS while waiting for the stupid ship to come in.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Qmass posted:

You shouldn't even need to boost to make those jumps. You just turn into the jump and it leaps away from the current wall run without boosting. I always broke the glass trying to boost to the next pane.

I assume it's because this game boosts you up and out, and not just foreward through the air like AW did.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Played about 4 hours today with goons, don't think we lost a match lol.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Please never stop getting host. My stats appreciate it. :cheers:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Drav posted:

So victrix, can I suppress SMG's or not?

The penalty is smaller on smgs than ars/lmgs, but it's still there.

As far as my own experience, I like the suppressed pharo, I'm not sure about the others yet. Putting one on the Kuda all but kills its 3sk range (it's already really short, so I like long barrel just to get that fast kill time up close as often as possible).

I'd say try it on the faster smgs (pharo/vesper/vmp), see how they treat you.

There's a few ways to hide from the minimap, you can run suppressor and ghost and rush, you can run CUAV (but you'll be vulnerable to enemies with hardwired without knowing it), or you can carry a launcher (but stopping to shoot down a uav in enemy turf doesn't work too well, and the instant it goes up you're gonna get hunted).

Even invis, you still have to take hardwired to hide from tracker/sixth sense and blast suppressor/dead silence to hide from soundwhores and alert players.

It's intentionally pretty tough to get fully sneaky in this game.

Fortunately pubbies remain fairly terrible, so if you play smart, even just a suppressor and ghost can let you operate up close successfully. Trick is staying very mobile and very alert to spawn swaps (ie, if you're playing with Javes, assume the spawns are about to swap)

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Got my first legendary calling card from a 30 cryptokey pack, the gold border shimmers every couple of seconds. After getting the 6 cards there is a bonus card, I can't even imagine how long that would take.

Sorry for the table breaking, imgur got rid of the easy resize links and I'm too old and lazy.

Mnoba fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 15, 2015

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Mnoba posted:

Sorry for the table breaking, imgur got rid of the easy resize links and I'm too old and lazy.

Add a lower case h to the end of the image filename (so in your case http://i.imgur.com/q9RCrxD.jpg becomes http://i.imgur.com/q9RCrxDh.jpg), for a reasonably scaled version. add a lowercase l instead for a slightly smaller again.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
In honour of the best MW3 BOYS clan tag:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Rei_ posted:

XCalizorz and you'll have no shortage of good gameplays to watch

no kidding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOetaGXQjfA

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
:stonk:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

When he does it with a controller, then I'll be impressed.

I wish I had connections like that, what with getting shot at and not actually dying instantly. :saddowns:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Javes posted:

Played about 4 hours today with goons, don't think we lost a match lol.

I think there was one game where the enemy team actually tried. The rest were just us 3 capping them because they wouldn't leave their spawn.

Mister Macys posted:

When he does it with a controller, then I'll be impressed.

I wish I had connections like that, what with getting shot at and not actually dying instantly. :saddowns:

He played BLOPS 2 on 360. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR581RY-HDc

Mill Village fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 15, 2015

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

I think there was one game where the enemy team actually tried. The rest were just us 3 capping them because they wouldn't leave their spawn.

He played BLOPS 2 on 360. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR581RY-HDc

I miss BLOPS2. BLOPS3 is pretty fun though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Same.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Yeah, Xcal is pretty fuckin' insane. He streams fairly regularly as well on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/zrozilacx

Meanwhile i'm over here getting stoked when I get over a 1.0 k/d :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Can someone tell me why the Annihilator even exists? It's the worst sniper rifle in the game on a cooldown. Terrible sights, horrible ADS movespeed and godawful fire rate. Every other spec weapon I can average like 2 kills with but with the Annihilator I'm happy to even get 1.

• Locked thread