Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I guess CBSN has to have job interview questions too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Joementum posted:

Martin is having a good night, but it won't matter because nobody is watching this and his campaign has no constituency.

Yeah I agree. So, de facto Clinton "win"? I feel like poo poo needs to go really poorly for her in some regard for her not to be the nominee.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

a cop posted:

What is the consensus here? Who does everyone think is "winning" (in terms of garnering or bolstering more voters that they need)?

Hillary hasn't fallen apart. Sanders didn't land a killing blow and O'Malley didn't get moved to a kiddy debate at the midpoint

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

a cop posted:

What is the consensus here? Who does everyone think is "winning" (in terms of garnering or bolstering more voters that they need)?

can anyone but clinton "win" if she's 100% ensured to win

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

a cop posted:

What is the consensus here? Who does everyone think is "winning" (in terms of garnering more voters that they need)?

Everyone is getting good soundbites in, MOM is doing shockingly well for MOM, but as usual if this is Hillary Clinton on the defense being hit from both sides and moderators who actually do their job she's showing she has no issue handling this poo poo. Bernie has spent too many answers floundering and trying to force everything into his pet issues and MOM is...well he's the bad guy from The Wire, like literally, he's not doin poo poo but angling for a VP/cabinet slot

Him
Oct 9, 2015

a cop posted:

Sanders by a narrow margin IMO

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

a cop posted:

governor omalley is probably gonna nearly double his support

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

lol This is not a crisis, Hillary. She just wants people to know she was there.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Nintendo Kid posted:

uh lol bro, international student spots are mostly about soaking rich families form foreign lands for money the state stopped paying in. they don't take "spots" from locals.
I agree with Fishmech. International students pretty much subsidize Americans.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Kro-Bar posted:

danny glover is a nice man it's too bad he's always crying or laughing :(

It's the drat Bulbasaur effect

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

badatom posted:

It's really frustrating that the Republicans get to do debates on Easy Mode. They would get demolished by these moderators and questions.

And if someone turns up the difficulty even a little they throw a freaking tantrum.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

I have no idea why Bernie didn't push back an explicitly say that Medicare-for-all would not be administered by the states.

His rebuttals have all been really weak like that. Senator, your opponent has accused you of being a smelly ugly fat stupid nincompoop how do you respond? "With all due respect, my weight is well within a healthy range for my height and age. Now might I remind you, I don't have a super PAC?"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Iowa Snow King posted:

Where is this "Machine" that's running things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt-udg9zQSE

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
"My husband" "My husband" "My husband" "My husband"

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

a cop posted:

I thought Bernie was going to wipe out after his intro but he recovered pretty quick and it seems like a wash overall.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

stephenfry posted:

axelrod and half this thread think Bernie has run away with it

honestly they're all looking ok

compared to the republicans, lol

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

badatom posted:

It's really frustrating that the Republicans get to do debates on Easy Mode. They would get demolished by these moderators and questions.

Yup, these are the furthest thing from softball questions.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Hillary's really bad at telling stories. She should take lessons from O' Malley.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

:siren: Someone told Trump about O'Malley's comment :siren:

@realDonaldTrump 7m7 minutes ago

Hillary and Sanders are not doing well, but what is the failed former Mayor of Baltimore doing on that stage? O'Malley is a clown.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

International students are a cash-cow for universities. Universities would need more funding if they couldn't admit international students and charge them exorbitantly.

I'm fine with that, especially if you add even more money to help make college affordable and bring in more American minority groups.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
wow bill didn't tell hiliary about lewinsky so hiliary didn't tell him about killing osama

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Shocked that Bill and Hillary don't talk.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

This is a vague as all hell answer from O'Malley.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

can anyone but clinton "win" if she's 100% ensured to win

p much

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

i was hoping that hillary's story was going to include the word "smugly" in there somewhere

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Cruel and Unusual posted:

This is a vague as all hell answer from O'Malley.

At least he admits he hasn't operated at the national level yet. :shrug:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The fact that MOM made Trump legit butthurt by calling him a loving 'carnival barker' as if that's an insult is p. great though. Gold star for that.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Drug gangs?!?!?! :tinfoil:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

QuoProQuid posted:

:siren: Someone told Trump about O'Malley's comment :siren:

@realDonaldTrump 7m7 minutes ago

Hillary and Sanders are not doing well, but what is the failed former Mayor of Baltimore doing on that stage? O'Malley is a clown.

That's really weak for Trump. "Oh, he called me a clown? No, I'll call him a clown!" :smuggo:

Him
Oct 9, 2015
Wow, Hillary killed Bin Ladin. Who knew?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Joementum posted:

Martin is having a good night, but it won't matter because nobody is watching this and his campaign has no constituency.

I think the press is going to go crazy on this and talk about him. You know why this is maybe true.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Brannock posted:

"My husband" "My husband" "My husband" "My husband"

Is that what she calls Bill in private?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

This CBSN channel (on Roku) has been beautiful. Even the social media aspects are decently entertaining.

Debate thoughts:

Probably confirmation bias but I am much happier listening to this (and even arguing with some aspects) than the Republican debates.

I am surprised at how everyone has been going after each other with only a few straightforward attacks on Republicans. Each one of these candidates know that this is a primary and their distinction between each other is more important now.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Not a single candidate answered the question

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Him posted:

Wow, Hillary killed Bin Ladin. Who knew?

Now that Jim Webb is gone Hillary had to step up and admit to killing a man during the debate.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bernie's answer here a perfect example of "Senatoritis" in debates. Nobody cares about your "crisis" as a committee chairman.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Is that what she calls Bill in private?

Don't kink shame.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Man the environment wasn't even touched on

ugh

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

blue squares posted:

Not a single candidate answered the question

To be fair it's a stupid loving question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I want to know how the Obama/Dubya "I killed Bin Laden" chat went.

• Locked thread