Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
"Practically the only country in the world that doesn't have Family Medical Leave"

.... um....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
James Downie @jamescdownie

"Gov. O'Malley, what is a crisis you've faced?"
"Well, there was this thing called 'Hamsterdam'..."

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Turn off the TV? How many people here are actually watching this on a TV?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

That was a good debate y'all.

Shifty Pony posted:

For everyone remarking about how much better this is than the Republican debates: there is no way you could have this sort of questioning with 7+ people on the stage. There just isn't enough time.

Yeah they just bounce from crazy person to crazy person, there's barely time for a single take on an issue.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Bernie doing his best impression of that guy from Network

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Spiky Ooze posted:

They should totally just vote for people who have already admitted defeat and work for the corporations. Or you can just use your vote how you want!

"I gave up on healthcare for everyone"

Yep that's who I want for president

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Why does CBSnews want me to add them on Snap Chat

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Regis Christ posted:

I wish Gus Johnson could moderate a debate.

as always he had a great call for the touchdown pass and the batted down 2pt conversion pass

he could stump the trump im sure of it

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

James Downie @jamescdownie

"Gov. O'Malley, what is a crisis you've faced?"
"Well, there was this thing called 'Hamsterdam'..."

O'Malley could quadruple his support if he just answered every question with a quote from The Wire

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Bad Caller posted:

I think that's an issue with making trade school better than college being good at teaching trade skills

No, gently caress trade school, make all colleges provide trade school and you'll get the best of both worlds.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Agreed. Bro I guess that question just betrays the ignorance of the asker.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Geoff Peterson posted:

"Practically the only country in the world that doesn't have Family Medical Leave"

.... um....

?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Kro-Bar posted:

I did but only because it was ahead

last channel my tv was on was CNN to watch the last dem debate lol

badatom
Dec 10, 2011
I feel like this debate changes nothing. O'Malley goes up 1-2 points, maybe makes a couple of "small" dollars. Hillary and Bernie maintain their appeal to their supporters and their polling stays the same.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Drastic Actions posted:

MOM loves ASCII

yospos for o'malley

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Kro-Bar posted:

Millions, because it's free, and better, and most people got a tv made since like 2005

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to write a coming-of-age novel set during this debate wherein a goon comes to terms with the realization that he was never really in love with Bernie Sanders, he was in love with the idea of Bernie Sanders.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Matt Welch ‏@MattWelch 16m16 minutes ago
I had a "free" college education (meaning, my parents paid for my cheapish tuition/rent/books). Flunked out. On my own dime? 3.5 GPA.

https://twitter.com/MattWelch/status/665734878261047297

Welp, guess since it didn't work for this guy, nobody should get a free college education

3.5 GPA doesn't seem so good.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Devils Affricate posted:

Why does CBSnews want me to add them on Snap Chat

You'll find out why he's named Major.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Nintendo Kid posted:

No, gently caress trade school, make all colleges provide trade school and you'll get the best of both worlds.

sure but only if college is also free and the people that'd go to trade school can apply and get into that

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nintendo Kid posted:

No, make employers provide it to college grads.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
NBC has better crisis music than CBS

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I really hoped Bernie would be more substantial. It hurts me to say this but I think he's loving done, a lot of people are gonna write him off as a guy who means well but has no realistic way to get these things done

A vote for Bernie or O'Malley is a vote against Hillary, as far as anyone can tell.

Dead Cosmonaut has issued a correction as of 04:57 on Nov 15, 2015

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Planarch posted:

What was the first ever primary debate? Google isn't giving me anything.

In 1948 Republican candidates Thomas Dewey and Harold Stassen held a radio debate during the nomination process. The Democrats did the same in 1956 with a debate between Adlai Stevenson and Estes Kefauver.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
I think Clinton won the debate because nothing significant happened.

Sanders sucked horribly for the first 30 minutes of the debate. Additionally Clinton established that he's attacking her character and integrity and Sanders is going to have that hanging over his head now for a while.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Wait, is the debate over now?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
NOW TO TWITTER FOR SOME HOT TAKES

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Demonachizer posted:

3.5 GPA doesn't seem so good.

Like it isn't bad but I wouldn't tweet about it.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ok this bit is embarrassing

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Twitter is being watched. CBSN has a secret system: a machine that spies on your feed every hour of every day. I know because I built it. I designed the machine to detect political opinions, but it sees everything. Terrible tweets involving ordinary people, people like you. Tweets the media considered irrelevant. They wouldn't act, so I decided I would.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Wait, is the debate over now?

yes

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Ralp posted:

I'm going to write a coming-of-age novel set during this debate wherein a goon comes to terms with the realization that he was never really in love with Bernie Sanders, he was in love with the idea of Bernie Sanders.

and then he doesnt vote in 2016

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
I also think Joementum is right again that she did give up a couple bad soundbites for general election ads.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'll be goddamned if I'm going to watch people talk about twitter.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

btw, if you're not subscribed to John Dickerson's Whistlestop podcast already, go do that now

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Crowd is very giggly now

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
This is the best wrap-up. :allears:

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mitt Romney posted:

Additionally Clinton established that he's attacking her character and integrity and Sanders is going to have that hanging over his head now for a while.

Meanwhile, in the Republican field they're literally calling each other ugly and psycho.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Armyman25 posted:

NBC has better crisis music than CBS

Correct:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkXLTODZ0pE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Shakenbaker posted:

I'll be goddamned if I'm going to watch people talk about twitter.

Aw but we got to see Hillary and Sanders hug it out and O'Malley do the thumbs-up :kimchi:

• Locked thread