Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

GhostStalker posted:

I googled Taney, but got nowhere enough detail. Someone please tell me how retarded this person was in canon.

He was an incredibly inept strategist and lacked even the basic political instincts that people use to get through normal social interactions. However, he is an exceptionally good pilot and won all the fights he got into, so he became Khan by killing everyone who disagreed with him. It's what the entire Clan system of governance is based upon, the notion that the person who is the best at shooting a gun is the best at EVERYTHING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Asa Taney was to anything other than piloting, what Roger Taney was to human rights.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

The reason Clan Ghost Bear uses so many Firemoths is to poo poo on Clan Ice Hellion's stupid Mad Max gimmick.

In Clan Space, there was no one more hated than the Ice Hellions. To put that in perspective: both the Jade Falcons and Steel Vipers exist.

I always thought the Falcons were reasonably respected by the Crusaders.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Saint Celestine posted:

Think of the long game. Carlos will get captured, the clans wont know who he is, he'll learn their ways, win some trials, become khan, and then when it all falls to poo poo, he'll lead his clan-in-exile to the border of FWL space in former Capellan territory.

This would be amazing except for one small problem - Caesar Steiner is already working that angle.

Dolash posted:

Of all the implausible things in the Clans, one of the most egregious to me is the idea that they ever thought - to any extent - that the Inner Sphere would work according to their honour rules and weird made-up language

Recall that the Spanish explorers who came to the New World would essentially stand on the beach and declare - in Spanish - what amounted to "Hey, natives, be Christians. If you don't, we'll feel perfectly justified in killing you all and taking all your stuff and it will be your fault, not ours." The fact that the natives didn't speak Spanish and didn't know what Christianity was didn't bother them at all. Cultural differences being willfully ignored is not exactly a new and unanticipated situation, is my point.

I mean, it's incredibly stupid, but the Clanners have spent generations knowing no other way to live. The fact that other people might live differently just doesn't occur.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

There's no Sarna article on Asa Taney but there's a very well-researched one on the hitman who blew up Melissa Steiner with a flower vase.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

paragon1 posted:

D is for Davion, friend.

whoops!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Grand Old List of Ice Hellion bad decisions:

- Their first Khan drank so deeply of Nicholas's Kool-Aid he started manufacturing ways for his Clan to be more like the critter they're named after. He requested only light and medium `Mechs be assigned to the Ice Hellions.
- Almost immediately after the Wolverine annihilation, parts of Clan Ice Hellion were caught roiding up.
- - Clan Ice Hellion went to war with itself over this. Clan Ice Hellion destroyed more than half of its fighting strength.
- When the Grand Council revealed the Dragoon compromise in 3000, Clan Ice Hellion nearly launched a solo invasion of the Inner Sphere on their own.
- - Clan Ice Hellion has a second, secret civil war over this when the saKhan finds out.
- When they failed to win a place in the invasion, Clan Ice Hellion went on a conquering spree in the homeworlds and pissed off all of the other Home Clans.
- Promoted Asa Taney to Khan
- As punishment for losing a binary to the Jade Falcons, Asa Taney replaced one of saKhan Cage's binaries with a Freeborn Solamha unit because saKhan Cage hated freeborns.
- About a fifth of Clan Ice Hellion jumped ship to Clan Wolf (including saKhan Cage) during the Harvest Trials (a unit could voluntarily lose a trial of possession with Vlad Ward's Clan Wolf to join the Wolves).
- Attempted to invade the Jade Falcon occupation zone (in what they called "Operation Ice Storm"). They got almost completely annihilated by the Jade Falcons and Hell's Horses. Only three Clusters escaped, which were taken in by the Goliath Scorpions
- - This invasion was never considered to be a serious military campaign by the Jade Falcons, who refer to it as the 'Hellion Tantrum.'

The other Clans consider the Ice Hellions so unimportant that no Clan claims Clan Ice Hellion as their rival or mortal enemy. The Ice Hellions claim the Wolves as their rivals, but even the Wolves didn't give enough of a poo poo to claim them back. 1/5th of Clan Ice Hellion preferred to join their most hated enemy rather than to remain Clan Ice Hellion.

Edit: One last tidbit before I go to bed: nearly every OmniMech has a loadout (the 's' variant) designed to engage multiple light-weight machines with pulse lasers and/or Streak SRMs. They're all pretty much ideal for loving over Clan Ice Hellion's only semi-effective gimmick.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 15, 2015

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Admittedly it wasn't just joining their most hated enemy: it was also the only hope any of them had of seeing the Inner Sphere and maybe even getting to die gloriously there.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

There's no Sarna article on Asa Taney but there's a very well-researched one on the hitman who blew up Melissa Steiner with a flower vase.

Yeah, this is basically why I wanted to know how big of a fuckup he was and asked you guys. Thanks for all the info. All I can say about it is: Yikes!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

And he is the kind of person the Clan system is INTENDED to elevate.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Given that we are talking about the stupidity of the homeworld Clans in canon, I feel like it is my responsibility- as one of the few people in the thread that does not appear to viscerally loathe the clans in and out of game and would wish that they had never been invented- to give a sort of counterexample.

Consider if you will, a Clan founded by a near universally respected army commander in Kerensky's army, someone who when they were allowed to choose their warriors to found their clan opted to choose an enlisted man and technician as their second in command rather than a mechwarrior and officer (though his choice quickly tested successfully to become a mechwarrior), a founder that from the word go drilled into his troops the value of meticulous planning and preparation, in contrast to the Ice Hellions GOTTAGOFAAAAAAAAAST ethos, and a founder who was responsible for planning the successful liberation of the Clans' homeworld. Consider this clan that early on, looked around and said, "So, okay, trueborns are obviously at the top of the heap, but we would have to be a special kind of moron to reject freeborn warriors who are good at their jobs, or old warriors who can still fight. You know what? Let us not go out of our way to denigrate people who can still fight well for the clan. You know what? Let us go fruther, let us make a special position whose responsibility is to speak up for lower ranking warriors, freeborns, and non-warriors to the Khans, just so we can be sure we are not loving things up here." Consider this clan that almost alone regards the Kerenskys as genius military leaders but not actual demigods, a clan that has a functioning Watch that can find their rear end with both hands... are you getting the picture?

Consider this clan, whose response to the Dragoon intelligence reports was NOT confusion and derision, but a sober estimate of how much force it would actually take to conquer Terra. Their carefully planned estimate was, of course, eliminated from bidding as the other morons all bid low because of course the invasion would be easy. This clan had to sit around and watch as their moron brothers and sisters got their faces beat in and stalled out not even halfway to Terra and lose almost every major battle they fought in, and then after two years of that had to watch their moron siblings still not learn their lesson and plan out a campaign like they would and as a result get turfed on Tukayyid. But that was okay! This clan got into a bit of a scrap, and then absorbed another clan that ended up working with pirates and tried to cover it up, and finally moved into a leadership position of the clans. So finally the Inner Sphere comes to Strana Mechty, and this clan we are considering perks up and puts their intelligence into action. They beat the living poo poo out of the First Free Worlds Guards with barely any losses. Only the Falcons managed to win aside from them. But then they get back to their encampment and, SURPRISE! Their moron siblings managed to gently caress it all up and now the entire invasion of the inner sphere, which they were kept out of because they were too smart and planned too well, has been rejected.

Look, I am not saying that Clan Star Adder is perfect, but they are probably the least unlikable and most competent clan. Go Star Adder! You frankly do not belong in the canon clans. You are far too effective and sane.

Is it any surprise after all that poo poo that after the Wars of Reaving the Star Adders basically run the homeworld clans? As in they have a massive, massive majority of basically everything, the other surviving homeworld clans that did not flee are their puppets... they run the joint. They are simply competent, which few other clans can boast.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Defiance Industries posted:

And he is the kind of person the Clan system is INTENDED to elevate.

It's really considerate of the clanners to consistently prove why their entire system is a hilarious failure.

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
Clan Strategy Snake also boasted the second largest navy in the Clans, if I'm remembering my numbers correctly. They were probably bright enough to not fall for the deal when a gaggle of Snow Ravens wandered up and said, "Hey, buddy, we'll trade you a bunch of SLDF Jenners for that lousy ol' Black Lion ya got hanging around in orbit."

There's like five Clans that have some grasp of sanity and/or planning (not necessarily in equal measures, admittedly), and unsurprisingly, pretty much all of them are still around, while all the really rabid maniacs have been blown to smithereens by the time the 3100s roll around. The continued survival of the Jade Falcons is an admitted outlier on this pattern, but I guess they needed a new Clan War Crimes with the loss of the Jaguars and the end of the Wars of Reaving, so hey, why not?

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Am I right in thinking the crazy Clan social structure stems from a (somewhat misguided) attempt to balance them on the tabletop? As in, their mechs were absurdly overpowered but this was kept fair for the players by sticking a clan player with a load of rules restricting how and when he could use his wondermechs during a battle?

I get the impression it didn't work, either.

I could really do with a lore summary of everything we've seen so far in this thread. Keeping track of the original canon is crazy enough, tracking an alternate timeline is just :psyboom: , even with reading through the games. It's fun and crazy and I'm enjoying it, but I have no idea who half these characters are or why it's so shocking that they're doing X instead of Y.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Loxbourne posted:

Am I right in thinking the crazy Clan social structure stems from a (somewhat misguided) attempt to balance them on the tabletop? As in, their mechs were absurdly overpowered but this was kept fair for the players by sticking a clan player with a load of rules restricting how and when he could use his wondermechs during a battle?

Nah, ClanTech is priced that in theory, equal points of Inner Sphere and Clan 'Mechs will result in the IS having more guys on the table than the Clans. It becomes a Quantity vs Quality fight.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Mukaikubo posted:

Given that we are talking about the stupidity of the homeworld Clans in canon, I feel like it is my responsibility- as one of the few people in the thread that does not appear to viscerally loathe the clans in and out of game and would wish that they had never been invented- to give a sort of counterexample.

Consider if you will, a Clan founded by a near universally respected army commander in Kerensky's army, someone who when they were allowed to choose their warriors to found their clan opted to choose an enlisted man and technician as their second in command rather than a mechwarrior and officer (though his choice quickly tested successfully to become a mechwarrior), a founder that from the word go drilled into his troops the value of meticulous planning and preparation, in contrast to the Ice Hellions GOTTAGOFAAAAAAAAAST ethos, and a founder who was responsible for planning the successful liberation of the Clans' homeworld. Consider this clan that early on, looked around and said, "So, okay, trueborns are obviously at the top of the heap, but we would have to be a special kind of moron to reject freeborn warriors who are good at their jobs, or old warriors who can still fight. You know what? Let us not go out of our way to denigrate people who can still fight well for the clan. You know what? Let us go fruther, let us make a special position whose responsibility is to speak up for lower ranking warriors, freeborns, and non-warriors to the Khans, just so we can be sure we are not loving things up here." Consider this clan that almost alone regards the Kerenskys as genius military leaders but not actual demigods, a clan that has a functioning Watch that can find their rear end with both hands... are you getting the picture?

Consider this clan, whose response to the Dragoon intelligence reports was NOT confusion and derision, but a sober estimate of how much force it would actually take to conquer Terra. Their carefully planned estimate was, of course, eliminated from bidding as the other morons all bid low because of course the invasion would be easy. This clan had to sit around and watch as their moron brothers and sisters got their faces beat in and stalled out not even halfway to Terra and lose almost every major battle they fought in, and then after two years of that had to watch their moron siblings still not learn their lesson and plan out a campaign like they would and as a result get turfed on Tukayyid. But that was okay! This clan got into a bit of a scrap, and then absorbed another clan that ended up working with pirates and tried to cover it up, and finally moved into a leadership position of the clans. So finally the Inner Sphere comes to Strana Mechty, and this clan we are considering perks up and puts their intelligence into action. They beat the living poo poo out of the First Free Worlds Guards with barely any losses. Only the Falcons managed to win aside from them. But then they get back to their encampment and, SURPRISE! Their moron siblings managed to gently caress it all up and now the entire invasion of the inner sphere, which they were kept out of because they were too smart and planned too well, has been rejected.

Look, I am not saying that Clan Star Adder is perfect, but they are probably the least unlikable and most competent clan. Go Star Adder! You frankly do not belong in the canon clans. You are far too effective and sane.

Is it any surprise after all that poo poo that after the Wars of Reaving the Star Adders basically run the homeworld clans? As in they have a massive, massive majority of basically everything, the other surviving homeworld clans that did not flee are their puppets... they run the joint. They are simply competent, which few other clans can boast.

The Star Adders also benefited from the fact they formed one of the few lasting Clan alliances with the chill Cloud Cobras. Having two mostly sane Clans working together worked wonders for allowing them to survive the WoR intact.

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

Loxbourne posted:

There were never any Rules, as in , lines in the book saying "You can/cannot do this." Zell was entirely on the players to adjudicate. BV was supposed to be the balancing mechanic, but there was never anything that could be done to truly account for the capability of a dude in a Warhawk to blast you off the map from outside your effective targeting range. A Clan tech base revolving around the heavy laser series and advanced melee options would probably have been much better received simply due to the Clans having to subject themselves to return fire.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Battle Value came in Max Tech long after the Clans were introduced. Even its (wonky as hell) predecessor, Combat Value, was in the Munchkin's Guide to 'Mech Combat Tac Handbook, several years after the Clans.

The balancing factor was "don't play with assholes."

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die

GenericServices posted:

There were never any Rules, as in , lines in the book saying "You can/cannot do this." Zell was entirely on the players to adjudicate. BV was supposed to be the balancing mechanic, but there was never anything that could be done to truly account for the capability of a dude in a Warhawk to blast you off the map from outside your effective targeting range. A Clan tech base revolving around the heavy laser series and advanced melee options would probably have been much better received simply due to the Clans having to subject themselves to return fire.

Well they did start trying to adjudicate zell a bit. First in scenario books like Tukayyid where they explained how you make a challenge (in your firing declaration) and the concept of honour levels was introduced such that breaking zell could mean that either that 'Mech, or the entire Clan force, would abandon the dueling rules for that scenario. There was also a later attempt (in First Strike! and possibly in other sourcebooks) to spell out the concept of zell a bit more clearly, so that a Dire Wolf doesn't have to accept a Spider's challenge, and a 'Mech earned "dezgra points" for hiding out of line of fire.

The Merry Marauder posted:

The balancing factor in Battletech has always been "play with someone who takes the game roughly as seriously as you." The possibilities for min/maxing the game are enormous and you really need to have someone who is on the same page about how much customization you'll allow, how much you'll rely on lovely canon designs rather than good ones, etc.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
The local gaming store had a pretty active Battletech community back when the Clans were introduced, so I can tell you firsthand that there was, at that point, absolutely no official rules or whatnot to encourage "fair fights." There were some notes on how the Clans fought, but enforcing that playstyle was entirely on the players; there was no mechanical enforcement. There were also no BV rules - the closest anyone had at that point was to say "well, we'll fight with an equal tonnage of 'Mechs," as though a Charger and an Awesome were fundamentally identical.

So when Clantech first came into play and people wanted to start playing with it, the only way to try and encourage a fair match was to say "Hey guys, this is the fight we're planning, what do you think?" and the other customers at the store would think about it and, if one person had a grossly overpowered force, call bullshit. We had no system for this; it was just a matter of a bunch of people who'd played a lot of Battletech deciding "Eh, that seems fair."

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

The Merry Marauder posted:

Battle Value came in Max Tech long after the Clans were introduced. Even its (wonky as hell) predecessor, Combat Value, was in the Munchkin's Guide to 'Mech Combat Tac Handbook, several years after the Clans.

...It still somehow hasn't gelled in my brain that TRO 3050 came out in 1990. It just feels like it should've been the mid-90s, and that doesn't even make sense because Mechwarrior 2 came out in '95 and that was Refusal War shenanigans already. I think I read Stackpole's invasion trilogy around then, that'd be about the right timeframe. Yet another notch under his name in the Book of Grudges.

Anyway, the point is that the large pulse laser was a terrible idea and the guy who statted it out should feel bad.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
BV2 isn't perfect, but it generally does a really good job balancing IS with Clans. I almost exclusively played IS forces and usually had great success against Clanners. It helped that my armies all were built around mediums and fast heavies, as those are by far and away the best mechs to deal with the powerful Clan mechs. Assaults just get mulched.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

GenericServices posted:

A Clan tech base revolving around the heavy laser series and advanced melee options would probably have been much better received simply due to the Clans having to subject themselves to return fire.

You would've liked Option E.

You'll still like Option C

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

KnoxZone posted:

The Star Adders also benefited from the fact they formed one of the few lasting Clan alliances with the chill Cloud Cobras. Having two mostly sane Clans working together worked wonders for allowing them to survive the WoR intact.

Aren't they both allied with Steel Viper in the PTN-verse and pushing through the Lyran Commonwealth on their way to Skye right now as part of Task Force Serpent? I seem to remember reading that somewhere in a fluff update or something, but we haven't seen them in a while. Maybe after this mini-campaign is over?

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die

GenericServices posted:

...It still somehow hasn't gelled in my brain that TRO 3050 came out in 1990. It just feels like it should've been the mid-90s, and that doesn't even make sense because Mechwarrior 2 came out in '95 and that was Refusal War shenanigans already. I think I read Stackpole's invasion trilogy around then, that'd be about the right timeframe. Yet another notch under his name in the Book of Grudges.

Anyway, the point is that the large pulse laser was a terrible idea and the guy who statted it out should feel bad.

Clan pulse lasers are Inner Sphere pulse lasers (introduced the year before in 1989) with doubled range brackets and +1 damage (for the medium and large ones). The Inner Sphere versions weren't unbalanced but yeah, doubling the range on those things made them too good, especially before they nerfed the pulse laser + targeting computer combo.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
If voting remains open, I would like to place mine for Option E after some thought, for various reasons beyond comedy. :haw:

I don't know, but for me, the Clans seem absolutely perfect for a rescue op in the middle of Capellan territory in Duncan's practical perspective. If I remember the thread fluff right, thanks to player input Duncan is one of the few non-Clan people who has information on Clan traditions and can use that knowledge to pad his terms in a way that appeals to them. The Clans know that he will not really molest them and will probably feel inclined to negotiate out of that confidence. Duncan could lay it thick on the heroic/honorable angle to inflame the Clans; his son is fighting against all odds on a hostile planet against a superior and dishonorable force, the indiscriminate slaughtering of civilians and senseless waste of potential labor on a whim, and so on and so forth.

The Caps are already showing off field-testing their shiny experimental toys, and once they hear of a Clan force invading their territory they will likely leap at the chance to acquire more technology to reverse-engineer and work out the existing kinks, even if they have to tear it off the smoldering wreck of a Huitzilopochtli Assault Tank to do so.

For the actual process, perhaps the Clans aren't the best option; they have the power in their forces and technology to be capable at it, but I am doubtful that they would be able to pull off a deep cover op like this in a manner other than "hilarious failure", unless Duncan lucked out on a cool-headed Clan. But in Duncan's perspective, who better, aside from a certain crimson pirate who he may or may not have had a fling with?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Thought it might be expedient to point out that the Clans are actually quite capable of pulling this off without causing any new outrage, either on the national or IS level, thanks to Comstar currently having put the Capellan Confederation under an interdiction. Thanks to their planets currently being under an interdiction, and thus no news is going out from them, and thus the fact that there was a new front would go unnoticed. And they actually possess Warships too, so they can catch any Jumpships trying to escape.

And before someone mentions that Comstar can of course break their own interdiction to send the news out, if the Clans are only attacking Abadan it doesn't even matter since the HPG there is already a pile of slag. :v:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Comstar can't break their own interdiction because a nuke just went off under the HPG.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Interdiction isn't something you break. Comstar doesn't like doing it because they involve destroying a whole lot of equipment, even though they don't usually nuke their own installations like that. HPGs are rendered inoperable, albeit relatively easy to repair if you know exactly how they're built. Anything they don't want reverse engineered is removed or destroyed and the staff goes into hiding. Even after its lifted you're looking at significant time spent repairing the damage and getting everyone back where they need to be.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Incidentally, I think people are getting things confused. The HPG was slagged last mission by a dropship sitting on top of it. Unless Comstar had two of them on the same world for some ungodly reason, this was simply a Comstar base. One with a nuke under it because Comstar.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

Incidentally, I think people are getting things confused. The HPG was slagged last mission by a dropship sitting on top of it. Unless Comstar had two of them on the same world for some ungodly reason, this was simply a Comstar base. One with a nuke under it because Comstar.

The HPG admin building was slagged by the dropship, the dish was fine except for a Gauss slug knocking it out of alignment when it was firing up and transmitting. I assume that the HPG itself was ok since the Cappies wanted to study and reverse engineer that sweet, sweet tech to break ComStar's monopoly on transmission. That nuke prevented them from doing so.

The fluff even said the nuke went off below the HPG's primary receiver after it failed to get either all clear signal from the now slagged admin building or the secondary base that Kernoff and GoonLevel II just defended and had vanish into another nuclear fireball with the spite Nuke.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 16, 2015

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Whoops, missed that mention in the first part of the Campaign Update. Was going off the nuke being detonated below the facility in the last battle update. And I seem to recall that a reasonably heavy mech did a tapdance on top of the transmitter too, but I suppose at least components would have been salvageable. Though that does beg the question of just how long the Capellans had to look over the dish, given there was apparently an indefinite period of time between the first mission and this last one, but probably at least a few days. Or maybe it went off an hour after the first battle, as Kernoff probably wouldn't have bothered sending the all-clear if it relied on manual confirmation. Somewhat unclear.

So in fact Comstar has set off TWO nukes on this planet, at least one of which was very much on the strategic level. And on different continents too, just to make sure that fallout is in various places.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 16, 2015

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

So in fact Comstar has set off TWO nukes on this planet, at least one of which was very much on the strategic level. And on different continents too, just to make sure that fallout is in various places.

That's C* for ya! They'll do anything to hold on to their HPG monopoly.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Comstar: Because "gently caress you", that's why!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Comstar: Putting the thermonuclear detonations in "Can you hear me now?"

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
What's 10 megatons between friends, really?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Why do Comstar's denial tactics remind me of the Jaburo assault in Zeta Gundam for some reason?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Worried about Denial of Service attacks? Comstar has you covered. Nobody denies (or attacks) your service harder than we do!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

VolticSurge posted:

Why do Comstar's denial tactics remind me of the Jaburo assault in Zeta Gundam for some reason?

I hope you haven't forgotten that PTN was the one who did the Let's Watch a horrible horrible mess Gundam AGE a horrible horrible mess in the previous gundam megathread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Just a progress report.

I'm setting up sprites for the next mission, and one of the ones I wanted was incredibly terrible (I had to fix it) and another I had to create from scratch. The map's done though, so I figured I'd show that off at half-size so you can start worrying.

• Locked thread