Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Thanks for your concern for war refugees, Boosted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I'm more concerned for the safety of my fellow American than I am for the handful of ACTUAL war refugees mixed in with all of the lying economic migrants from other countries looking for a free ride and also terrorists.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
dem debate was ok

expect trump to propose to build a wall around both france and omally

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Think of how he'd make America great again. He would be the first President since Teddy Roosevelt to find the job fun

Bill Clinton had some fun in the Whitehouse.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Boosted_C5 posted:

I'm more concerned for the safety of my fellow American than I am for the handful of ACTUAL war refugees mixed in with all of the lying economic migrants from other countries looking for a free ride and also terrorists.

How dare people flee a warzone only so they can have the superior economic position of having running water, which the war had deprived them of.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Now now people, it's too soon to politicize this horrible tragedy!

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

TheTatteredKing posted:

How dare people flee a warzone only so they can have the superior economic position of having running water, which the war had deprived them of.

How dare I not give in to moral blackmail and throw the safety of the American people aside. After all, the UNITED STATES Government shouldn't put the welfare of citizens of the UNITED STATES before foreign populations, why that would just be crazy.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

TheTatteredKing posted:

the republicans, well known for taking care of the poor and the downtrodden

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
If I were a Syrian citizen, I would be getting the gently caress out of Dodge in a heartbeat. From our perspective, dealing with a massive number of refugees from another country and culture is fraught with problems, but leaving is absolutely a rational thing to do on the individual level over there so I find it hard to say that we should just close our doors.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

republicans can gently caress you got mine on this issue all day long but they should at least have to blow up the statue of liberty

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

republicans can gently caress you got mine on this issue all day long but they should at least have to blow up the statue of liberty

Your appointment to FEMA should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Senator.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

StandardVC10 posted:

Your appointment to FEMA should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Senator.

yesssss fema owns

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

StandardVC10 posted:

#1 thats terror

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Boosted_C5 posted:

How dare I not give in to moral blackmail and throw the safety of the American people aside. After all, the UNITED STATES Government shouldn't put the welfare of citizens of the UNITED STATES before foreign populations, why that would just be crazy.

Good to see FYGM applies to foreign policy as well.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Boosted_C5 posted:

Fleeing a warzone = moral blackmail.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

StandardVC10 posted:

I take it he was agreeable?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

katlington posted:

Fleeing a warzone = moral blackmail.

You say "fleeing a warzone," I say "capitulating to ISIS."

Maybe...the truth is somewhere in the middle?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Easy for you to say, dumbass. Get banned again.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Boosted_C5 posted:

Ah but you see, us libturds are less likely to be armed, and as Lord Newt of the Moon said, the guns would have held them off. You should invite in as many Syrians as possible, so they can do a terrorism and make liberals suffer. Then you can laugh at them, experiencing the profound pleasure of POWER

My Imaginary GF posted:

I think it all depends upon just how many cookfires are being tracked in the depths of the Ebola-infection zone and whether or not there is a scenario that has no plan.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

You call it "aliyah", I call it capitulating to antisemitism.

Maybe... the truth is somewhere in the middle? :smaug:

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Smoothrich 2.0 posted:

because Obama cut off the cashflow and fired all his good generals, he's an idiot

once i get my sanity/smart pills, bring it. i have a twitch and youtube page, id gladly host. the topic is AMERICA

i will debate you but only on your alternative to the theory of relativity

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
There's a Smoothrich 2.0 now? :wth:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Immortan posted:

Honestly, it doesn't seem to have fixed many of the bugs from the first release.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

as voltaire said about the holy roman empire smoothrich 2.0 is neither smooth, nor rich, nor a second improved release

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Moktaro posted:

Now now people, it's too soon to politicize this horrible tragedy!

Well it did involve g

You know, gently caress it, you get the joke.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Immortan posted:

I am 95% certain he's a gimmick troll account pretending to post like smoothrich since he wasn't immediately being squashed under someone's thumb for avoiding probation.

Then again I was 95% certain smoothrich was too insane to be a non-gimmick and look where that got me.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

once i think when i was paging through generation after generation of random european nobility on wikipedia i ran into some guy whose claim to fame was getting owned so hard in an exchange of public letters, i think it was with voltaire, that he basically fled from polite society and retreated into seclusion

in other words, in a proto-forum/twitter where rich people sent endless copies of famous peoples' correspondence around and what you tried to do was say something interesting and get in on the most famous conversations, some guy made a really bad post and was subjected to withering public embarrassment

i dunno it was interesting how things change yet also stay the same

my other interesting items gained from that research i can recall at this moment were 1) there were an absolute shitload of bastard kids and entire noble families formed from bastard lineages in the late middle ages and early modern era, decreasing as time went on and 2) during the reformation a lot of the big noble clans had members who were catholic, lutheran, or calvinist (not so much anabaptist i dont think) and they tended to keep in contact and form an inter-religious dialogue

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Nov 15, 2015

Smoothrich 2.0
Nov 14, 2015

by Cowcaster

oystertoadfish posted:

once i think when i was paging through generation after generation of random european nobility on wikipedia i ran into some guy whose claim to fame was getting owned so hard in an exchange of public letters, i think it was with voltaire, that he basically fled from polite society and retreated into seclusion

in other words, in a proto-forum/twitter where rich people sent endless copies of famous peoples' correspondence around and what you tried to do was say something interesting and get in on the most famous conversations, some guy made a really bad post and was subjected to withering public embarrassment

i dunno it was interesting how things change yet also stay the same

my other interesting items gained from that research i can recall at this moment were 1) there were an absolute shitload of bastard kids and entire noble families formed from bastard lineages in the late middle ages and early modern era, decreasing as time went on and 2) during the reformation a lot of the big noble clans had members who were catholic, lutheran, or calvinist (not so much anabaptist i dont think) and they tended to keep in contact and form an inter-religious dialogue

voltaire wasn't a liberal, he hated the PC police more than anyone. he butted heads with the mods of his day too.. if anything your story sounds like fishmech

Caros
May 14, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

It must be really awful to be you. :(

Smoothrich 2.0
Nov 14, 2015

by Cowcaster

Caros posted:

It must be really awful to be you. :(

I submit we should accept all refugees, as long as all the military-aged males immediately enlist in the military for the incoming invasion of ISIS to fight on the front lines for freedom. The women can work in the factories of Detroit, Baltimore etc riveting planes and bombs for the war effort. Make America Great Again. Carson 2016.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Boosted_C5 posted:

Ah yes, the less often quoted inscription on the Statue of Liberty.

Smoothrich 2.0
Nov 14, 2015

by Cowcaster

Grem posted:

Ah yes, the less often quoted inscription on the Statue of Liberty.

the ENTIRE PROBLEM with immigration, illegals, refugees etc is that we are not making them Americans. They all need to speak english, love America, get combat experience killing fellow Muslims, become Bud Light alcoholics, and vote Republican. Problem Solved.

maybe the refugees should get an Obama TV with one channel, Fox News, that'll assimilate them fast

Smoothrich 2.0 fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Nov 15, 2015

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You call it "aliyah", I call it capitulating to antisemitism.

Maybe... the truth is somewhere in the middle? :smaug:

The 2016 Republican primary will answer a fundamental question about America: Do we care more about "gently caress you," ala Trump/Cruz's policies, or the "got mine" of Rubio/Jeb!/Cain

Smoothrich 2.0
Nov 14, 2015

by Cowcaster

My Imaginary GF posted:

The 2016 Republican primary will answer a fundamental question about America: Do we care more about "gently caress you," ala Trump/Cruz's policies, or the "got mine" of Rubio/Jeb!/Cain

I simply love America and hate nobody, including illegals, that's why I am voting Ben Carson 2016. He's the only candidate who grew up poor but will die rich. He thanks America for his life story, not some magic secret Uncle Tom/Jesus racist poo poo

holy poo poo, this will guarantee a Republican wins the whitehouse in November, and only one guy has spoken out already about Independence Day being the proper model for American leadership..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Day:_Resurgence

Smoothrich 2.0 fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 15, 2015

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Boosted_C5 posted:

The paranoia is strong with this pussy.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Holy gently caress this is the best thing I've learned from this thread. They actually went though with this. :rock:

90s nostalgia. :allears:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Making America grate again.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
The Aliens would've just bypassed Earth if Trump was President in Independence day.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Boosted_C5 posted:

#NotAllSyrians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoothrich 2.0
Nov 14, 2015

by Cowcaster

Immortan posted:

Holy gently caress this is the best thing I've learned from this thread. They actually went though with this. :rock:

90s nostalgia. :allears:

Bill Clinton was the first black president, Ben Carson will be the second.

• Locked thread