Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ayyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Nonsense posted:

Lebanon is a country that exists to explode randomly.

And export tasty food and good looking females.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

CaptainSarcastic posted:

/

She writes about as annoying as she looks.

oh my

is that pat

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Look at me, I'm showing solidarity by applying a filter to my Facebook photo after being prompted to by the website and being socially pressured to by my peers.

Yep, that's right, folks; I'm your Facebook friend, and, believe it or not, I think it's bad when innocent people get mass murdered by terrorists. You need proof? Well, just check out my profile pic. See those colors overlaid on top of it? Yeah? Yeah. :smug:

*goes back to being total garbage in every other area of life that actually requires some effort if you want to be a good person*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cnut the Great posted:

Look at me, I'm showing solidarity by applying a filter to my Facebook photo after being prompted to by the website and being socially pressured to by my peers.

Yep, that's right, folks; I'm your Facebook friend, and, believe it or not, I think it's bad when innocent people get mass murdered by terrorists. You need proof? Well, just check out my profile pic. See those colors overlaid on top of it? Yeah? Yeah. :smug:

*goes back to being total garbage in every other area of life that actually requires some effort if you want to be a good person*

We enough likes we can crush ISIS with a spirit bomb of linked posts

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I don't use facebook.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
eat fresh

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cnut the Great posted:

You should have tipped your fedora at the end of that.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
If you think about it though, if you don't put the flag thing on your facebook you are basically SUPPORTING terrorism

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
i only have the d&d flag on my facebook:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I just checked and I don't seem to have the Jack Chick "MOON GOD?" image saved, but it seems like it belongs in this thread.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

CaptainSarcastic posted:

/

extremely lol when white losers fetishize islam

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I just checked and I don't seem to have the Jack Chick "MOON GOD?" image saved, but it seems like it belongs in this thread.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Thank you - it needed to be done. :golfclap:

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

CaptainSarcastic posted:

You should have tipped your fedora at the end of that.

But I don't own a fedora??? I don't get it. What are you implying? What's the joke? Sorry, I have trouble understanding humor sometimes. :(

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I look forward to seeing how the French strike back against ISIS and anticipate seeing some hosed up poo poo.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

CaptainSarcastic posted:

/

I genuinely don't see a reason why this person shouldn't be shot based on their appearance and that garbage article they wrote

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

it's funny because it's true

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

kikkelivelho posted:

As a white skinned yet culturally asian savage I exist outside D&D's binary worldview system.

Who's re reg are u? Just curious.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

CaptainSarcastic posted:

/

A face that cries out for a fist

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Applewhite posted:

I look forward to seeing how the French strike back against ISIS and anticipate seeing some hosed up poo poo.

I mourn for Chinese men, women, and children working, quite literally, as slaves, so the West can be rude at dinner and take endless pictures — of its narcissistically apathetic self.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I mourn for Chinese men, women, and children working, quite literally, as slaves, so the West can be rude at dinner and take endless pictures — of its narcissistically apathetic self.

Please don't break the fourth wall like that. It's upsetting.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Cnut the Great posted:

Please don't break the fourth wall like that. It's upsetting.

In fact, I mourn for all victims of terror, whether State or group sponsored, without conditions attached to my grief — no matter location, nor loyalty, nor arbitrary geopolitical happenstance of location of a victim’s birth. And I’m already grieving those soon to be terror’s next victims; since, as French President François Hollande jarringly warned, avenging Paris’ victims just birthed (yet another) “PITILESS” war.

As if gentle were somehow a method to employ in waging war.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Ramsus posted:

it's funny because it's true

Yes, I mourn for Paris. But I do so while weeping in shame at the deplorable supercilious judgment ensconced in Western reaction to it; for countless pitiable xenophobes and their endless vapid justifications; for arrogant commentary from politicians and their media mouthpieces with their embarrassing post-tragedy clamoring to exploit ignorant heartstrings for the appropriate victims; for the endless War of Terror — and the service members who somehow haven’t yet deduced that this would ALL END if they simply refused to loving fight.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
superlicious ensconced vapid xenophobes clamoring deduced

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Cnut the Great posted:

Savagery!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Guys... do you think those concert-goers are going to get a refund on their ticket prices? :ohdear:

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Nice try, Extreme Insertion, but I will have you know that my feelings about this tragic mass murder thingy are more high-minded still!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I am going to beat you to death with a thesaurus

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
It's going to be some serious arbitrary geopolitical happenstance mother fucker

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
im defenestrating dunning kruegers like a bechtel test

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

In fact, I mourn for all victims of terror, whether State or group sponsored, without conditions attached to my grief — no matter location, nor loyalty, nor arbitrary geopolitical happenstance of location of a victim’s birth. And I’m already grieving those soon to be terror’s next victims; since, as French President François Hollande jarringly warned, avenging Paris’ victims just birthed (yet another) “PITILESS” war.

As if gentle were somehow a method to employ in waging war.

I congratulate Weird Blogger Lady on her successful attainment of Buddhahood.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

superlicious ensconced vapid xenophobes clamoring deduced

Try to say that one three times fast!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

zimboe posted:

To digress from the thread, a world called Theia formed in Earth's leading Trojan point. It was Mars-sized.
It collided due to orbital instability as a slowish (~1500 mph) glancing blow. Its iron core merged with Earth's, the slag formed a dense ring, forming 2-5 moons, which eventually coalesced into Luna, the moon we have today. It also spun up Earth to a 5 hour day, the angular momentum of which drove Luna out from an initial 30,000 miles to 238,00 miles today.
Christ, imagine the surf, the tides, in those early days. Hundreds of meters high.
Onto red-hot shores.
We live on a double planet, one of two around Sol. the other is Pluto/Chiron.

There is also a trailing Trojan point. There are (weak)theories that the world formed there eventually came to be Mars.

So Earth has a much larger and hotter core than would result from ordinary accretion- which is good- IT GIVES US PLATE TECTONICS AND DRY LAND.

poo poo. Sorry, you got me lecturing- a reflex I try to suppress.
man look at this mess
zimboe actually learned something in the past month and could not wait any longer to share it in a conversation -any conversation
hey zimboe buddy sol and luna arent the names of the sun and moon they are just the latin words for sun and moon and dont get capitalized only idiots do that
better luck next time, keep swinging

A Very Sexy Baby
Sep 25, 2007

I can't help it if men are attracted to me.
there were no tides, of water anyway, because the comets hadn't deposited any here yet.

dipshit

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

dont worry. someone said something dumber. https://archive.is/tpQF6

yeah we get it
the world sucks
and everything is grey
now get off you loving wannabe ivory soap box and stop pretending to be the smartest gently caress in the room
you are so loving enlightened
we should whip ourselves because of our western privilege, because loving sophia lamb over here weeps for everyone suffering.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 15, 2015

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
please keep this thread on-topic about the formation of the earth and moon please

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
maybe if they arrest all muslims this wouldnt happen

A Very Sexy Baby
Sep 25, 2007

I can't help it if men are attracted to me.

gary oldmans diary posted:

please keep this thread on-topic about the formation of the earth and moon please

if the moon had not formed then isis would not be blowing up people for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

crackton posted:

Are you loving dense ? There's a difference between casualties in an existing warzone regardless of the bull poo poo excuse for being there in the first place, and actively pursuing maximum civilian casualties during a loving metal concert. Do the world a favour and suicide yourself dipshit.
Just tell me one thing: who decides what 'an existing war zone' is? You? Obama? Putin? The Pentagon? The media? This is not a rhetorical question, please answer.

• Locked thread