Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

the_steve posted:

I regret that we didn't find the Laser Sword.
It was a worthless item that killed or maimed you more often than not, but it led to some amusing Game Overs.

I guess we took a wrong turn at Haldus or something. Oh well, another time.

Update

We make our repairs, taking 2 days because Mois is good at his job. Our weapons and ship upgrades are functioning again.

Yesterday's page, complete:

We go for belligerent but not violent. Turning to 331:

During the repairs and the day it takes for the jump preparation, Crocmelia returns to the bridge. She now only has an Expertise of 4 and the mentor decides she's ripe for one of his lessons, reducing her Expertise to 2 at a critical time. If we were really in a hurry this would suck but it doesn't matter. We get to use her power to get a free day shaved off the trip anyway. The jump will take 14 days and cost no ENERGY.

463:

153:

We're about to emerge into the final system. Sorry but there's no choice to be made in this update because I didn't have time to get it done tonight what with guests and all. We can take it easy today, tomorrow night and the day after should be the final stretch for our crocodiles.

And the starship manifest:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gilganixon posted:

I guess we took a wrong turn at Haldus or something. Oh well, another time.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that unless you play as the humans, it's drat near impossible to get anyways. For some reason, it practically rains knockoff lightsabers for them, the other races only get one or two very limited opportunities to find one.
The Catte ending where they think it's a laser pointer is pretty brutal.

Also, awwww yeah, time to show these Threshers how an expert destroys everything in its wake.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Update

Thanks for waiting.

We're here:

Yesterday we checked for the aliens we'd killed and the time it took us to do that. We've wiped out the Cattes and the Disco Alliance, leaving only the humans. We've taken longer than 40 days, so the humans have gotten here first. Turning to 633:

To summarise the situation : we have 25 ENERGY (enough for roughly one solid round of combat) and 6 HULL but otherwise are in good condition. Although our ship can no longer jump we can use all our ship upgrades. The mentor is hassling the Valet so he's not going to be much use to us in this sector unless we stick around for more than a day. We're face to face with yet another alien starship and we have a bunch of stuff written on our starship manifest that might or might not mean something.
And of course the goal is right there in front of us. How do we handle this?

Here's the starship manifest again for reference:

And for anyone who's curious, here's the human bestiary entry:

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Hugh Mann should get on the comms and pretend he's commandeered our vessel to lull them into a false sense of security!

Or, y'know, we could just ask him what the deal is.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Poland Spring posted:

Hugh Mann should get on the comms and pretend he's commandeered our vessel to lull them into a false sense of security!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Poland Spring posted:

And if he refuses, shoot him and pull a Weekend at Bernie's.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Can we force a final, cataclysmic paranoia check, where the humans defeat themselves if they fail? Maybe using Hugh Mann to screw with the dude's mind?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Have Hugh Mann get on the comms and ask captain dorkwad to stop hitting the bottle so hard, it sounded like he thought he was leading millions of colonists and talking to an alien spaceship.

e: actually forget gaslighting, page +30

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 15, 2015

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
Position our ship between the humans and the planet. That way, if they shoot us, they destroy their own people. After that, I am out of ideas!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I suspect the human is bluffing. If Hugh Mann isn't too drunk then have him hail the guy back and see if we can get more information. Get the Orgasmatron warmed up and ready to go, though, just in case.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

Can we scan this guy with the psionic device?

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib

I Greyhound posted:

Can we force a final, cataclysmic paranoia check, where the humans defeat themselves if they fail?

Something along these lines. Bonus points for using the John Galt speech and/or engaging Reagan in single combat.

Ponderous Saxon fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 15, 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
He's obviously the last human left alive and might not be able to run over to the weapons console in time to shoot you if you shoot first.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

If this guy's the last remaining human, why don't we hit the cloaca, launch a boarding party, and eat this motherfucker?

Maybe we can move the ship behind the planet's gravity shadow or use the orgasmtron to buy us some extra rounds of cowardly non-combat.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I Greyhound posted:

Can we force a final, cataclysmic paranoia check, where the humans defeat themselves if they fail? Maybe using Hugh Mann to screw with the dude's mind?
Reveal our Warsaw Pact cosmonaut, making it all too clear that the Soviet Union was playing the long con and every misfortune to befall the Bel Air was the work of double agents with orders from Moscow to destroy the United States from within.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Asterios posted:

If this guy's the last remaining human, why don't we hit the cloaca, launch a boarding party, and eat this motherfucker?

Maybe we can move the ship behind the planet's gravity shadow or use the orgasmtron to buy us some extra rounds of cowardly non-combat.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS - Agree to allow the human to serve the Caiman Empire if they will surrender. We might need that other star ship to repair our own, so we probably shouldn't just cut it in half with our fancy laser.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

This is Hugh's time to shine, which means he will almost certainly gently caress up.
Offer to let the human serve the Empire

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Applewhite posted:

He's obviously the last human left alive and might not be able to run over to the weapons console in time to shoot you if you shoot first.

seems likely

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Asterios posted:

Yeah this

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hmm, maybe we could bluff and try to pretend that Hugh is a hostage?

"You look lonely, human. Maybe I will let you play with my pet human."

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

HBar posted:

Reveal our Warsaw Pact cosmonaut, making it all too clear that the Soviet Union was playing the long con and every misfortune to befall the Bel Air was the work of double agents with orders from Moscow to destroy the United States from within.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HBar posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's no way we can't try to have fun with the Paranoia feature at the home stretch

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

HBar posted:

Page +30

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

HBar posted:

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Call ourselves the Illuminati, for we are the lizardpeople rulers of humanity.

huntergatherer
Mar 5, 2005
+30

Standish
May 21, 2001

HBar posted:

Also address the captain as "Comrade", thank him for his loyal undercover service to the cause of space communism and tell him that his memories of his training as a Space KGB agent will be restored as soon as the deep-cover brainwashing wears off. He'll get the Order of Lenin for this!

Standish fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 15, 2015

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Voting for +30.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Don't we have a telepathy device? Stick a gecko in our totally safe mind reader and see what the sneaky ape is up to?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

HBar posted:

Changing my vote to this.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
+30 for the Warsaw Pact.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

changing my vote to Paranoid the gently caress out of this guy.
Warsaw Pact +30

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

HBar posted:

didnt see this, do this

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

the_steve posted:

changing my vote to Paranoid the gently caress out of this guy.
Warsaw Pact +30

Same

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Man, if we don't cause the final remaining humans to go crazy in a fit of paranoia, then I don't know why they have a Paranoia stat and we have a weird Polish guy

Page +30!

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

If we cause this guy to go into a paranoid fit, though, he's just gonna shoot at us. He was probably going to do that anyway.

We should use the USSR sleeper gambit as a distraction while we send a boarding party over to murder him. That way, we get to have our paranoia cake and eat it, too.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Asterios posted:

If we cause this guy to go into a paranoid fit, though, he's just gonna shoot at us. He was probably going to do that anyway.

We should use the USSR sleeper gambit as a distraction while we send a boarding party over to murder him. That way, we get to have our paranoia cake and eat it, too.

Yeah we'll do the Polish thing but we'll be given the option to use this as a boarding gambit or a purely diplomatic move. This heavily affects the ending of course.

NVM, I'll just avoid the bullshit death here. Stay tuned!

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Gilganixon posted:

Yeah we'll do the Polish thing but we'll be given the option to use this as a boarding gambit or a purely diplomatic move. This heavily affects the ending of course.

The author of this is the biggest piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat I know, so he made the only good way out of this is the diplomatic move, which of course no self respecting Caiman would choose. What a prick.

• Locked thread