Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
For me I just have to zone to reallocate points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The easiest way to respec is to load your alt.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It's not so much field respeccing, cause I had that happen to me with the guy on the fleet.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Captain Oblivious posted:

So when they sat Nolan North down in the studio to voice the Jedi Consular I have to assume the instructions he received were to never ever emote and to be as boring as possible.

I.. Actually like Nolan North's voice as the Jedi Consular :v: He sounds exactly what I imagine an Old Republic Jedi should sound like. Lifeless, no emotions, just completely at peace with himself and whatever happens. It also makes it all the more eerie when you choose the Darkside options in the Consular story, especially like the one at the end of act 1.

Chapter 1 ending spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6F_GWJQg6w

Edit: Uhh, apparently I can't make it start at certain point. What I'm talking about happens at 14:50

Stalins Moustache fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 14, 2015

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Fun different Treek scene from SF.

http://imgur.com/9ZW076h

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Stalins Moustache posted:

I.. Actually like Nolan North's voice as the Jedi Consular :v: He sounds exactly what I imagine an Old Republic Jedi should sound like. Lifeless, no emotions, just completely at peace with himself and whatever happens. It also makes it all the more eerie when you choose the Darkside options in the Consular story, especially like the one at the end of act 1.

Chapter 1 ending spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6F_GWJQg6w

Edit: Uhh, apparently I can't make it start at certain point. What I'm talking about happens at 14:50

This is the worst interpretation possible of what a Jedi should be, and everything wrong with the EU. It's not about purging yourself of emotions and becoming a robot, it's about understanding and accepting them without compromising one's view of the bigger picture. The former is the reason why the prequel movie Jedi Order had to go, the latter is what a Jedi is supposed to be.

North unfortunately voices a Prequel Movie Jedi and it's just atrociously uninteresting.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

This is the worst interpretation possible of what a Jedi should be, and everything wrong with the EU. It's not about purging yourself of emotions and becoming a robot, it's about understanding and accepting them without compromising one's view of the bigger picture. The former is the reason why the prequel movie Jedi Order had to go, the latter is what a Jedi is supposed to be.

North unfortunately voices a Prequel Movie Jedi and it's just atrociously uninteresting.

To be fair, the KotOR Jedi are exactly that.

They threw away the best of a generation because they dared to disagree with them, then when they couldn't punish them, took it out on their teachers. Even when faced with their most horrific enemy, someone who killed almost their entire order, they refused to change at all, and choose a path that would lead to the galaxies destruction because at least they would be "right" on that path, and be "true jedi".

Satale may have fixed up the Order a decent amount between KotOR2 and SWTOR, but it's still got many of the same problems the Prequel Jedi had if you do the various storylines.

Like as you said, it's a problem with the EU/after OG trilogy movies, but it's not like it's not a problem with this game ( which is also EU ).

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rookersh posted:

They threw away the best of a generation because they dared to disagree with them, then when they couldn't punish them, took it out on their teachers. Even when faced with their most horrific enemy, someone who killed almost their entire order, they refused to change at all, and choose a path that would lead to the galaxies destruction because at least they would be "right" on that path, and be "true jedi".

Satale may have fixed up the Order a decent amount between KotOR2 and SWTOR, but it's still got many of the same problems the Prequel Jedi had if you do the various storylines.

Like as you said, it's a problem with the EU/after OG trilogy movies, but it's not like it's not a problem with this game ( which is also EU ).

And sure, I get all that, but perhaps your protagonist shouldn't embody the worst aspects of the Jedi is what I'm getting at here.

That and lets be real here, North's Consular is just plain boring to listen to. Even if he weren't playing up the archetype of an emotionally unhealthy ideal, it's just not good protagonist material. He sounds like a disposable NPC who dies tragically in Act 1 of Generic Bioware Game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Patch got datamined. Suspected companions might get nerfed eventually, this was pretty quick. :(

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:allears: Treek Back

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Medullah posted:

Patch got datamined. Suspected companions might get nerfed eventually, this was pretty quick. :(

Except the ewok apparently, its healing got a buff...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm okay with a bit of companion healing nerfing. It's kind of massive overkill right now. The only time I've taken any kind of significant damage on any character is when my companion is CCedd or too far away or the AI is just randomly making GBS threads itself. I'd prefer having the illusion of a threat.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Medullah posted:

Just to healing though, right? No (apparent) impact if you run your comp as DPS.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Suspected companions might get nerfed eventually, this was pretty quick. :(

Not surprised. At 50 Influence with a Command Stim, armor set augmented with Command Augments, and the THORN relics Lana can heal me for 60% of my HP every 3 seconds. She has nearly 3x the base stats of a set-bonus 224 healer at 65.

She can solo the Exarchs in the Heroic Star Fortress. I've cleared entire enemy camps taking on base guards 3 and 4 at a time with her healing me.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Well let's hope they find that sweet spot, because one of the only reasons the new content works at all is that companions are so insanely overpowered. If we go back to being on par with every planet with old style companions it's going to make the whole game a major slog. Also poo poo I guess I should've finished all the Star Fortresses sooner.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rookersh posted:

The Republic/Jedi Order being lazy shits who never accomplish anything while the Empire gets poo poo done constantly is a pretty Star Wars thing tbh. If the empire ever issued a mandate that ordered the purging of all groups of plucky adventurers then they'd probably finally take over for real

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

drat, I was having fun running over everything. Oh well.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Running solo with a companion on everything will probably still be more than viable, it just won't be trivial.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Not surprised. At 50 Influence with a Command Stim, armor set augmented with Command Augments, and the THORN relics Lana can heal me for 60% of my HP every 3 seconds. She has nearly 3x the base stats of a set-bonus 224 healer at 65.

She can solo the Exarchs in the Heroic Star Fortress. I've cleared entire enemy camps taking on base guards 3 and 4 at a time with her healing me.

HAhahahahahaha you did this just because I posted that picture of my companion with like 10k more HP than yours, didn't you?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

gently caress, I guess I better level my last 4 classes before I actually have to work for it.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Crindee posted:

Hey Dr. Spreadsheet, have you calculated how much it would take to max out one of the pain in the rear end companions who only has a favorite (or whatever the next rank below "love" is) gift? Because I don't like math but I DO like clicking things for hours.

Medullah posted:

With favorites instead of love -

To get from 1 to 40 using only Rank 1 Green Love gifts, with the 30% influence boost perk, it takes 11,251 gifts at 200 credits each, for a total of 2,250,141 credits.

Using Rank 2 Green takes 5,879 gifts at 600 credits each for a total of 3,527,264 credits.

To go from 40 to 50 -

Rank 5 blue gifts - 805 gifts at 5 crystals for a total of 4,025 crystals.

Rank 5 artifact gifts - 400ish gifts at 10 crystals for a total of 4,002 crystals.

Rank 6 Legendary gifts - 120 gifts at 30 crystals each for a total of 3,606 crystals.

Crindee posted:

Thanks for this, after spending most of the night feeding that rear end in a top hat gifts I'm practically halfway there! :negative:

Also before it was inconvenient but now with the new companion changes it is straight up insane that we can't give multiple gifts at once.

Datamined patch posted:

All companions now "love" at least one type of gift.

...I am going to kill myself.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

Top-right armor looks cool.

And the probe droid was obvious since the NPC with them is standing right beside the Akk Dog guy.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
All companions love at least one kind of gift? Yes, Ashara will now be viable to max on my female inquisitor!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Haha ran a Ravagers final boss run, got a mount that looked really cool in previews...in reality, a weeeee bit too small.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
So i just hit 65, Starting KOTFE only locks you out of previous planets purple quests, not the dalies and stuff, right?

Iron_Chef
Sep 19, 2003
Chef of Iron

Kurieg posted:

So i just hit 65, Starting KOTFE only locks you out of previous planets purple quests, not the dalies and stuff, right?

My understanding was Story quests become locked out, remembering both Story and Planet quests are purple.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What professions should I have on my first character? Assuming gathering, but which ones?

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Iron_Chef posted:

My understanding was Story quests become locked out, remembering both Story and Planet quests are purple.

As I understood it, it's all story missions whether they're class stories or planet stories. Also, all companion missions so make sure you do those before starting especially if you don't yet have them unlocked for legacy.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jesus the XP flows free now. Started a new Sith Warrior today, just got to Dromund Kaas and am over level 20(thats with one run of Black Talon, one BG(I did poorly), one starfighter match, one run of Korriban Incursion, and one failed run of an FP I don't remember the name of, but we were underwater)

I was planning on just doing what side quests are left to be a bit overleveled(I notice a huge number of side quests removed) but it looks like I have no choice but to be hugely, massively overleveled for everything.

At least not subscribing will hopefully slow it down enough to feel kinda fun.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Wow the new crate costumes are underwhelming.

The mounts and pets look cool though.

quote:

All companions now "love" at least one type of gift.

YESSSSS!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
What to do after Ilum? Skip Hutt Cartel? Shadow of Revan?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Makeb > SoR (Prelude>Rishi>Yavin>Ziost) > KotFE is the order to do things if you want to follow the storyline.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
What's Makeb? Where do I start it?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ossipago posted:

Just to healing though, right? No (apparent) impact if you run your comp as DPS.

I always run with DPS companions (well, one tank), and it might not be solo-a-space-station easy, they're still pretty amazingly powerful.

Aleth posted:

Makeb > SoR (Prelude>Rishi>Yavin>Ziost) > KotFE is the order to do things if you want to follow the storyline.

What's the deal with CZ-198 and Oricon? I failed to notice they even existed, but apparently they're supposed to go after Makeb and before SoR.

prefect fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Nov 15, 2015

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

sassassin posted:

What to do after Ilum? Skip Hutt Cartel? Shadow of Revan?

Such is the confusion that there are in-depth guides dealing with this. I like the one on reddit.

There is also this one:

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

I know it's too much to wish for, but there should be some compensation for people who funneled all their efforts into one companion if they're gonna nerf the healing down.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Telex posted:

I know it's too much to wish for, but there should be some compensation for people who funneled all their efforts into one companion if they're gonna nerf the healing down.

Why? My level 50 Lana still eats silvers in about three hits when set to damage mode, and elites rarely last much longer.

Just go with a different playstyle, or keep your still very effective (just not game-breaking) healer.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What is the best way to build up influence once your companion is in the 20s?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is the best way to build up influence once your companion is in the 20s?

There's only two ways - run Star Fortresses (650 influence per run if you do the bonus objective), or gifts.

With gifts you have do decide if you want to do less clicking (more expensive) or more clicking (less expensive).

Read Dulfy's guide to see how it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Well here's a fun thing; I installed the game on a new computer and now random animations are missing (death from above, pulling out quick travel terminal, I just stand up straight in my mounts, and sometimes enemies don't fall down when they die).

Hopefully reinstalling works; I wanted to disable bitraider anyway so this was something I was going to have to do eventually I suppose.

At least the game technically works?

• Locked thread