Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Saw this the other day and immediately thought of the show.

Hate all the off weeks but I'll take what I can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat i'm glad we only get Gayle in small doses because she's so needy and selfish and it drives Bob insane, and combined with his concern over the turkey it's just awesomely psychotic. If we had lots of Gayle though it would just become annoying.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Ceramics posted:

Great episode. They appear to be showing the Christmas ep next week already, does that mean no new ones after that til January? :(

That's depressing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Maxwell Lord posted:

Love the animation on Mr. Business.

All of Gail's cats have always been superbly animated.

Frostwerks posted:

That's depressing.

I can't wait to see which "bonus" Simpsons and Family Guy episodes we get!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Iron Crowned posted:

I can't wait to see which "bonus" Simpsons and Family Guy episodes we get!

It'll be the one where the same plot has been rehashed about 20 times before. This applies to both shows.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Ceramics posted:

Great episode. They appear to be showing the Christmas ep next week already, does that mean no new ones after that til January? :(

Thanksgiving - Christmas - Valentine's Day. A holiday extravaganza.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Nice-capades
When an angry Mall Santa threatens to put them on the "naughty list", the kids put together a musical performance in an attempt to change his mind before Christmas.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Does that mean this is the last episode of the year then?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Canned Panda posted:

Does that mean this is the last episode of the year then?

According to trakt.tv, the next episode airs January 11th, 2016.

Time to completely forget about this show and have to catch up in about 6 months when I remember it again.

Just like Season 5 and countless other US shows that can't seem to string more than two or three episodes together without having a break for 2 months.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is that Henry Winkler as Santa?

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Dead Goon posted:

Time to completely forget about this show and have to catch up in about 6 months when I remember it again.

Just like Season 5 and countless other US shows that can't seem to string more than two or three episodes together without having a break for 2 months.

Blame football.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

The Mr Fischoeder song sounded like the first draft of a Tom Waits holiday song.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Henry Winkler is a really good voice actor.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

PassTheRemote posted:

Blame football.

How many days a week is it on again.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Shorts Illustrated

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

How many days a week is it on again.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
That was nice, I like a good "Louise is still a little kid after all" episode. Making a note to rewatch this in six weeks when it's actually Christmas.

Dead Goon posted:

gently caress you fox

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I hope Fox goes out of business and dies.

Merry Christmas though, nice episode.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011
"I didn't kick it."

Felt really quick that episode. Not sure what I thought was missing. More Bob and Linda perhaps.

I did love that throughout all of that we discover at the end that Louise was worried Santa wouldn't bring her a pet shark.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I was fully expecting the mall Santa to still be a dick after their performance. That's another thing I love about this show, we've become so accustomed to cynicism and negativity in television shows and everything else that it feels almost subversive for it to have such a positive spin, the same way the Simpsons did the opposite in contrast to the overly bland and safe 80's sitcoms.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

What's old is new, and what's new is old

I honestly think a lot of people are just tired of the empty cynicism and envelope-pushing and want a return to almost Cheers-style humor.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I was fully expecting the mall Santa to still be a dick after their performance. That's another thing I love about this show, we've become so accustomed to cynicism and negativity in television shows and everything else that it feels almost subversive for it to have such a positive spin, the same way the Simpsons did the opposite in contrast to the overly bland and safe 80's sitcoms.

The show balances negatively and positivity well. The mall Santa was never really a dick, he was just a guy who got annoyed (justifiably) at some kids being rude to him while he was on his break. When those same kids come back and put on a whole ice show to apologize to him and he realizes how upset they are about what he's said to them (especially one little girl who still believes in Santa Claus) of course he's going to be nice to them. It's pretty realistic that he'd end up being a decent guy, not every person is a jerk all the time (just a few of them, like those people who sell felt).

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Not a Children posted:

What's old is new, and what's new is old

I honestly think a lot of people are just tired of the empty cynicism and envelope-pushing and want a return to almost Cheers-style humor.

I do. Cheers is pretty much my favorite sitcom.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

(just a few of them, like those people who sell felt).

And Jimmy Pesto. Although I get the impression from the old people in the arts store that they basically just don't like Bob and are probably fairly normal around other people. Jimmy Pesto is a self-obsessed jerk all the time, though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Cheshire Cat posted:

And Jimmy Pesto. Although I get the impression from the old people in the arts store that they basically just don't like Bob and are probably fairly normal around other people. Jimmy Pesto is a self-obsessed jerk all the time, though.

Yeah, Jimmy is a grade A rear end in a top hat. But it is nice that they give him a little bit of depth (he knows he's not a very good cook and he's insecure about it) and to be fair to the felt people Bob did come into their store one time and started drawing anuses on paintings for no reason. I'd probably hold a grudge about that too.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The show balances negatively and positivity well. The mall Santa was never really a dick, he was just a guy who got annoyed (justifiably) at some kids being rude to him while he was on his break. When those same kids come back and put on a whole ice show to apologize to him and he realizes how upset they are about what he's said to them (especially one little girl who still believes in Santa Claus) of course he's going to be nice to them. It's pretty realistic that he'd end up being a decent guy, not every person is a jerk all the time (just a few of them, like those people who sell felt).

I loved how he promised the little girl who still believed in santa a god drat shark, even as her parents were freaking out behind her and gesturing for him to stop. It really was kinda dickish actually.

Zinc Teeth
Jul 11, 2008
Aren't there like, mini-sharks, or are those just babies? I know I've seen little sharks in home aquariums.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Zinc Teeth posted:

Aren't there like, mini-sharks, or are those just babies? I know I've seen little sharks in home aquariums.

I know there are smaller species that work more realistically for a home aquarium, but they still require some pretty specialized equipment and care if I remember correctly.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Zinc Teeth posted:

Not for $0.75 after 8:30 PM on Christmas Eve there's not.

I hope the fish doesn't disappear in-between episodes. I know the Belchers are never getting a dog, but it'd be cute for Louise to interact with it. They're not bad with continuity but since it's a holiday episode and they've had 4 different Christmases, Thanksgivings, and Halloweens all taking place on the same year. And I'm not sure but I don't think they bring back elements from any of the holiday episodes.

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 20, 2015

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

MrSlam posted:

Not for $0.75 after 8:30 PM on Christmas Eve there's not.

I hope the fish doesn't disappear in-between episodes. I know the Belchers are never getting a dog, but it'd be cute for Louise to interact with it. They're not bad with continuity but since it's a holiday episode and they've had 4 different Christmases, Thanksgivings, and Halloweens all taking place on the same year. And I'm not sure but I don't think they bring back elements from any of the holiday episodes.

Didn't they reference Christmas in the Car recently? I swear there was a quick callback to it.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Didn't they reference Christmas in the Car recently? I swear there was a quick callback to it.

yeah, the Thanksgiving episode and it was Bob talking about why he doesn't let Linda drive the car anymore

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Zinc Teeth posted:

All the ones I know of are saltwater. Salt tanks are kinda spendy and not really something for a kid.

There's a few common aquarium freshwater fish that kinda look sharkish, but they're not true sharks.

TheDon01 fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 21, 2015

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Aces High posted:

yeah, the Thanksgiving episode and it was Bob talking about why he doesn't let Linda drive the car anymore

Were they referencing Christmas in the Car? Cause I thought it was Bob who wrecked the car while Linda was yelling at him about trying to outdo the candy cane driver. I gotta marathon all the episodes...again...

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I noticed there doesn't seem to be a Bob Burgers tonight, and then i looked at the wikipedia upcoming episodes list

:stare:
"The Cook, the Steve, the Gayle, & Her Lover" which i guess is a reference to The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover which i found to be a pretty weird film. I'm excited about that

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Crankit posted:

I noticed there doesn't seem to be a Bob Burgers tonight, and then i looked at the wikipedia upcoming episodes list

:stare:
"The Cook, the Steve, the Gayle, & Her Lover" which i guess is a reference to The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover which i found to be a pretty weird film. I'm excited about that

The synopsis of that movie sounds like an interesting episode in and of itself.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

We forgot to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lud3bgEJeTg

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wow, Felix is a surprisingly good ice dancer.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dead Goon posted:

Why are they showing a new episode on a Tuesday? I guess if your show isn't the husk of The Simpsons, or if it isn't made by Seth MacFarlene or one of his equally awful lieutenants, then you have no place on Fox Sunday.

And we get at least two more seasons of this show being treated like dogshit by Fox.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

Why are they showing a new episode on a Tuesday? I guess if your show isn't the husk of The Simpsons, or if it isn't made by Seth MacFarlene or one of his equally awful lieutenants, then you have no place on Fox Sunday.

And we get at least two more seasons of this show being treated like dogshit by Fox.

Fox has the next episode as being Sunday Jan 17th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

Fox has the next episode as being Sunday Jan 17th.
I hate Fox. At least it's not getting bounced to a different day like Brooklyn Nine-Nine was.

• Locked thread