Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Can't remember exact location. I think it was some dead gun runner near fort strong or the other fort where you confront Kellogg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Oh man. I get to the institute and blasted the gently caress out of 'father' before he could say poo poo and couldn't leave the room. you really are shoehorned into being a doormat in this game

Still fun tho.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Well I found out my problem with FO4. With the terminals animations bugging out and lockpicking spinning way too fast. Turns out the game doesn't know how to handle high framerates on a PC because it was designed for consoles first. By turning vsynch on and limiting my FPS to 60 (my monitors max hz because it's an early 27") the bugs went away. I wonder if this will also fix the weird jumpy speech as well.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

am i doing it right?

Lack of aviators is your only problem.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nick Soapdish posted:

BTW I wasn't skilled enough to talk my way out of that I guess but you can throw a grenade at them while they're talking to Valentine

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nick Soapdish posted:

Good to see that I'm not the only one with this name and badass sunglasses. :thumbsup:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
gently caress you if you dont wear the skull bandana

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Larry Parrish posted:

BTW I wasn't skilled enough to talk my way out of that I guess but you can throw a grenade at them while they're talking to Valentine

I honestly didn't even know there was an option to try and charisma your way out, the second the chick started poo poo talking I naded them and capped fatty twice in the head with VATS before the chunks hit the ground.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Be sure to check random corpses you find. Never know what you might get.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Does this game have a pump action shotgun I can toy with or does it just go double barrel -> combat shotty?

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
there's no min level for speech options. more charisma and speech perks just gives you better odds of passing a speech check. I have 2 charisma and saved the game before doing the red options and just reloaded until I got it to work.

yes you can save the game during a conversation. p dope feature.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Anyone else have their gun model disappear? I can fix it temp if I go to 3rd person and back to first.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Edgar posted:

Anyone else have their gun model disappear? I can fix it temp if I go to 3rd person and back to first.

yeah and when it happens the pip boy gets all hosed up, so I just quick save and load. didn't try the third person thing

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
For a Bethesda game I am very surprised at how stable it is. I haven't had a single crash, and the number of 'gently caress, have to reload' bugs in ~50 hours of gameplay so far can be counted on one hand with fingers left over. There's a fair amount of minor, silly bugs but those aren't a big deal.

You can fix the gun disappearing bug by switching to another weapon and back again. That's one of those bugs I hope gets fixed pretty soon.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
still cant fast travel, thats a pretty poo poo bug

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Minor bugs:

-Shift - tabbing into Steam overlay breaks the tab button until you do it again

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Redeye Flight posted:

Minor bugs:

-Shift - tabbing into Steam overlay breaks the tab button until you do it again

lmao @ using kb/m for this game

it was designed for consoles 100%, until a mod like SkyUI comes out for it

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Steam controller owns pretty hard for this game.

I've had the disappearing weapon glitch, constant left input bug, and occasionally the game won't properly exit out of big picture mode.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

thetechnoloser posted:

Fallout in 4k is just... incredible. Love love love it.

Just wanna say yeah, this. I'm running on a rig with three GTX 970's and holy gently caress does it look amazing.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Steam controller owns pretty hard for this game.

I've had the disappearing weapon glitch, constant left input bug, and occasionally the game won't properly exit out of big picture mode.

Got a steam link already and a steam controller arriving this week. Pretty stoked to play it on my TV.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

psydude posted:

Got a steam link already and a steam controller arriving this week. Pretty stoked to play it on my TV.

I'll tell you this about the steam controller: the first hour or so will be "hey this is neat!" and then absolute frustration will set it, but after a few more hours it'll feel natural. Seriously have to give it about 5-6 hours to get acclimated to it. Bethesda's official configuration works very well for me. You might have to dive into a preference .ini file to boost in-game sensitivity though.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

lol @ this scrub not figuring out how to use a keyboard and mouse with this game

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
lmao if you don't assign pip boy to the fleshlight

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Saying it's designed for consoles implies the interface is good on consoles when it's really just slightly less dogshit

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

lol @ this scrub not figuring out how to use a keyboard and mouse with this game

guess he doesnt like splitting wigs with a quickness

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
press Q for VATS left mouse click

it's an arcane science to master

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

press Q for VATS left mouse click

it's an arcane science to master

Oh poo poo is that the quick select for VATS? Trying to pixel hunt the torso hitbox on some bobbing and weaving flying bug is annoying as hell, thanks. :tipshat:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Edgar posted:

Oh thank god I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
theres more people playing fallout than dota on steam right now :dogbutton:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Bethesda must be laughing at how much money they pulled in

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
no no no you guys see according to the games thread this game sucks that is not possible

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
So I got Dogmeat his teddy bear, a collar, and light armor.

So should I give him the red bandanna, the skull bandanna, or the camo gunner bandanna?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Syrian Lannister posted:

So I got Dogmeat his teddy bear, a collar, and light armor.

So should I give him the red bandanna, the skull bandanna, or the camo gunner bandanna?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

gently caress you if you dont wear the skull bandana

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Skull bandana all the way

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Aw man, is this is the game that's finally going to make me upgrade my CPU? I have an E8400 that's been clicking along since 2008, but it looks like it's barely at mins. You guys think I should I upgrade my MoBo while I'm at it?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yes absolutely. Get yourself an i5 and a new mobo.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Dead Reckoning posted:

Aw man, is this is the game that's finally going to make me upgrade my CPU? I have an E8400 that's been clicking along since 2008, but it looks like it's barely at mins. You guys think I should I upgrade my MoBo while I'm at it?

hahaha holy poo poo. yes youre gonna need a new mobo, that socket is 5 generations old now

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
For like $500 (cpu/mobo/ram) you can probably buy another 6 years of reasonable performance sliding towards mediocrity.

E8400 was my first foray into multicore and the end of my habit of buying AMD.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
:shobon: I hadn't really been paying attention. I'd been able to keep up with most games via a new graphics card and RAM sticks until... well, now.

Godholio posted:

reasonable performance sliding towards mediocrity.
All I really ask. I'm not buying a new monitor, so being able to drive ridiculous 4k resolutions is wasted.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
you're going to do god drat back flip when you run fallout after the upgrade

• Locked thread