Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Top City Homo posted:

#1 thats terror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
RIP Smoothrich 2.0 :negative:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So the "PC Police" existed in Voltaire's era, eh? Is this like how British Intelligence used Newton to discredit Leibniz? That was my favorite LaRouche theory.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
You have a favorite LaRouche theory and it isn't that Queen Elizabeth is a drug kingpin?

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/85/85olarouche.phtml

One of my favorite SNL sketches ever.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Nov 15, 2015

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.
Man, only 6 hours? I was hoping for 100,001 or something.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

My Imaginary GF posted:

The 2016 Republican primary will answer a fundamental question about America: Do we care more about "gently caress you," ala Trump/Cruz's policies, or the "got mine" of Rubio/Jeb!/Cain

Mike Huckabee offers us the 'middle way' of compassionate christian conservatism, wherein the US invades a country far away from both the US and Syria, annexes some of their land, builds an encampment, and then invites Syrians to enjoy their new home far away from the US.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Gregoriev posted:

Man, only 6 hours? I was hoping for 100,001 or something.

6 Hours is the most a normal mod can put through without secondary approval. It's usually used as a temporary solution while a longer one is getting approved

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheTatteredKing posted:

Branco really is the worst. And when I finally catch up in that thread I'll share my very important opinions on who makes the ugliest cartoons

Spoiler it's Joe "Butt" Liccar

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Immortan posted:

The Aliens would've just bypassed Earth if Trump was President in Independence day.

They would probably stop by to say hi because America and the world would be so great again. Probably visit the 8th wonder of the world, The Trump Wall, have a nice lunch, and be on their way.

archaeo
Nov 5, 2009

may the power of Hecate compel you
Kathleen Parker and the rest of the punditry are finally correct. Trump's unhinged Iowa rant is bringing about his demise.

Reuter's 5-day rolling poll:

Trump 34%
Carson 19.6%
Rubio 9.7%
Cruz 7.7%
Bush 6.4%

http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/TR130/filters/PARTY_ID_:2/dates/20151107-20151113/type/day

Time to call Carson a pedophile again!

Smoothrich 2.0
Nov 14, 2015

by Cowcaster

archaeo posted:

Kathleen Parker and the rest of the punditry are finally correct. Trump's unhinged Iowa rant is bringing about his demise.

Trump 34%
Carson 19.6%
Rubio 9.7%
Cruz 7.7%
Bush 6.4%

http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/TR130/filters/PARTY_ID_:2/dates/20151107-20151113/type/day

Wait till Carson smashes his competition in Iowa, he'll Obama his way through the thing

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Too bad he won't be able to penetrate New Hampshire, aka 'The belt buckle state'

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Jeb Bush easily beats the "wouldn't vote" vote by 0.6 percentage points!

DO YOU FEEL THE EXCITEMENT?!?!?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I believe in Trump. He can pull this off.

Good Citizen posted:

Too bad he won't be able to penetrate New Hampshire, aka 'The belt buckle state'

Haha

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Jewel Repetition posted:

#NotAllSyrians

#NotYourDesertShield

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Good Citizen posted:

Magnificent. How that New Hampshire:

http://gravismarketing.com/polling-and-market-research/current-new-hampshire-polling-2/

Trump - 29%
Carson -7%
Rubio - 10%
Cruz - 12%
Kasich - 5%
Bush - 8%
Christie - 8%
Fiorina - 4%
Paul - 5%

Yep, Trump is definitely on the downswing now! This time his outrageous comments just went too far!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump's polling has always been correlated to his media attention. He'd been in a rut and not doing anything exciting for a month, so he had to bust out that "rant" last week. He'll have to keep escalating the insanity to sustain his lead.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Joementum posted:

Trump's polling has always been correlated to his media attention.

Isn't that true for every single politician ever tho.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

Trump's polling has always been correlated to his media attention. He'd been in a rut and not doing anything exciting for a month, so he had to bust out that "rant" last week. He'll have to keep escalating the insanity to sustain his lead.

I for one believe he is up to the task.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Just to get this out there, it's that time again.

This week's edition is boring on the 2015 side. No new polls since the last edition, just a few old polls falling off (creating a new all-time low for Jeb!). On the 2011 side we have the end of the era of 999.

Short post today because there isn't much to say. Next week's should be far more interesting. Watch as Newt Gingrich surpasses Romney as his numbers shoot up to the Moon. Sadly, the universe wasn't just enough to give us a President :newt:.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

what's gingrich up to these days anyway

i hope he's hanging out with animals at zoos :unsmith:

he had a tweet saying sports teams should be socialized like the green bay packers once too though im sure he'd throw on some qualifiers in a >140-character medium

those are the things i respect about gingrich

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

Patter Song posted:

This week's edition is boring on the 2015 side. No new polls since the last edition, just a few old polls falling off (creating a new all-time low for Jeb!). On the 2011 side we have the end of the era of 999.

Short post today because there isn't much to say. Next week's should be far more interesting. Watch as Newt Gingrich surpasses Romney as his numbers shoot up to the Moon. Sadly, the universe wasn't just enough to give us a President :newt:.

I'm eager to see how Trump finally going Full Trump on Carson has affected the polling. My hypothesis (source: my rear end) is that it will have minimal net effect, as the people who leave Trump over attacking Friend Ben and the people who leave Carson due to the insinuation that he could slip up and become the stereotypical Raging Black Man will mostly cancel each other out. I'm guessing we'll see movement but not more than 2% in any direction.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

oystertoadfish posted:

what's gingrich up to these days anyway

i hope he's hanging out with animals at zoos :unsmith:

he had a tweet saying sports teams should be socialized like the green bay packers once too though im sure he'd throw on some qualifiers in a >140-character medium

those are the things i respect about gingrich

https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/665312487147896832

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

:smith:

i did see that the other day i just forget. anyway hes a republican politician who ghostwrites creepy books i know that im not really disappointed

:smith:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
This thread was basically unreadable for the last hundred pages because of the whole Smoothrich thing, to the point that I could barely properly enjoy Ben Carson's known pedophilia as uncovered by Trump. Did I miss any particular macabre responses to the Paris shooting by any of our ten favorite people?

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Smoothrich 2.0 downgrade

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Markorjoshua posted:

Smoothrich 2.0 downgrade

Too many unworkable features in the original release, devs shifted focus by disabling a bunch to hopefully streamline the experience. Sadly, it's only made the software more buggy.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Wolfsheim posted:

This thread was basically unreadable for the last hundred pages because of the whole Smoothrich thing, to the point that I could barely properly enjoy Ben Carson's known pedophilia as uncovered by Trump. Did I miss any particular macabre responses to the Paris shooting by any of our ten favorite people?

Boosted, much like his preferred GOP candidate, decided he's being upstaged by Smoothrich in the "insane crap" department and so busted out some lines about how all Syrian refugees are parasites and/or ISIS infiltrators, but unlike his idol lacks the ability to shittalk effectively and so it came off as more boring than offensive.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Smoothrich 2.0 is all bloatware.

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm not sure if your mean the candidates or the shitposters, so I'll answer both.

Boosted jumped on the "This proves refugees are actually ISIS" bandwagon, smoothrich did... whatever it is he does, I'm still not sure what his point was but he was fired up about it.

As for the candidates, the only terrible response I'm aware of was from Jeb!, who came out and said that the attack happened because Obama pulled out of Iraq while the attack was still going on..

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 18, 2016

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
oh wait Jeb is still in the race? that's pretty exciting.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

if jeb! had provided god-general lee with effective recon at gettysburg this country would be a lot better off

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

oystertoadfish posted:

if jeb! had provided god-general lee with effective recon at gettysburg this country would be a lot better off

Well yeah, Alt-Timeline USA would've used their nukes on the South instead of Japan :v:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So we're 11 weeks out from Iowa. We're getting to the point where there's not a lot of time to kill. We've been hearing a lot that advertising will really ramp up after Thanksgiving, so two weeks from now, the air war might be starting.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

archaeo posted:

Trump 34%
Carson 19.6%
Rubio 9.7%
Cruz 7.7%
Bush 6.4%

I'm screaming

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Don't the actual candidates get cheaper airtime, or is that general election only?

I remember the Romney PACs burning money like crazy last round because the TV stations were free to charge them whatever the gently caress they felt like.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I thought a lot of that was due to Obama's team buying chunks of airtime way in advance to lock in cheaper rates, while Team Romney waited to the last minute.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Shifty Pony posted:

Don't the actual candidates get cheaper airtime, or is that general election only?

I remember the Romney PACs burning money like crazy last round because the TV stations were free to charge them whatever the gently caress they felt like.

The consistent line I see is that, contrasted with campaigns, Super PACs do not get "preferred rates".

http://www.wsj.com/articles/for-donald-trump-being-his-own-super-pac-has-its-advantages-1437755846

quote:

TV stations are required to give candidates the “lowest unit rate” in the 45 days before a primary election, and before that must still charge a reasonable rate. While other candidates are also entitled to the lowest rate, the majority of the funds backing their campaigns will likely land in the outside groups backing them.

Outside groups face prices driven by the market, and the supply-and-demand dynamics in such a crowded primary are certain to send advertising rates skyrocketing. Mr. Bush’s allies estimated earlier this week that it would cost nearly $60 million just to run 10 days’ worth of advertising in the first 30 primary states. The former Florida governor’s super PAC has already raised $103 million-nearly 10 times as much as Mr. Bush’s campaign took in.

An unlimited access to funds could also allow Mr. Trump to stay in the race far longer than other candidates, who may face fundraising constraints. Under federal law, individual donations to a candidate are capped at $2,700. Since Trump isn’t relying on anyone else for money, that restriction is essentially meaningless. Mr. Trump did accept $100,000 in contributions in the second quarter, but doesn’t appear to be actively soliciting outside cash.

“I don’t need anybody’s money.…I don’t care. I’m really rich,” Mr. Trump said when he announced his candidacy. He has $300 million in cash and liquid assets, his campaign confirmed.

If Trump is stingy with his money, yet seriously wants to win, 45 days before Iowa is mid-December. We'll see then how many ads he buys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

whydirt posted:

I thought a lot of that was due to Obama's team buying chunks of airtime way in advance to lock in cheaper rates, while Team Romney waited to the last minute.

https://transition.fcc.gov/mb/policy/political/candrule.htm posted:

(b) CHARGES
(1) IN GENERAL. – The charges made for the use of any broadcasting station by any person who is a legally qualified candidate for any public office in connection with his campaign for nomination for election, or election, to such office shall not exceed –
(A) subject to paragraph (2), during the forty-five days preceding the date of a primary or primary runoff election and during the sixty days preceding the date of a general or special election in which such person is a candidate, the lowest unit charge of the station for the same class and amount of time for the same period; and
(B) at any other time, the charges made for comparable use of such station by other users thereof.

• Locked thread