Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I just want some really loving basic categories for the pipboy. Why is cooked/uncooked/food/drugs all in one awful unorganized mess?

Why isn't "new" a sort option :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

if you're restarting a game due to mods "sgtm 5" is your friend in more ways than one

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
One thing that they've had in every game that I hate is the enemy AI when you're otherwise hidden, but you have them sighted as a sniper. They instantly realize (through magic, I guess) that they're in crosshairs, and then move around to make the shot more difficult. Classic Bethesda game design. This wouldn't be an issue at all on M+KB, but I'm playing with a console controller.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Oh man, where did you find that?

Jamaica Plain

Lots of ghouls, find the Mayor's office to find a Miscellaneous Quest about finding the Treasure of the place.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Noyemi K posted:

I like iron sights in games (because it reminds me of shooting real guns

Source your quotes.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

sector_corrector posted:

One thing that they've had in every game that I hate is the enemy AI when you're otherwise hidden, but you have them sighted as a sniper. They instantly realize (through magic, I guess) that they're in crosshairs, and then move around to make the shot more difficult. Classic Bethesda game design. This wouldn't be an issue at all on M+KB, but I'm playing with a console controller.

Uh what I've never had this happen before if I was hidden.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

big mean giraffe posted:

Uh what I've never had this happen before if I was hidden.

I approach something in sneak, it's standing still. I sight it with my scope. It starts moving back and forth to make the shot more difficult, because the game has realized that my character is scoping its head.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
So do we know the max amount of crops one settler can manage over? If a settler isn't assigned to the crop, what does that mean? I doesn't yield?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

precision posted:

Source your quotes.

Why do people say stupid poo poo like this when its pretty obvious its not a quote. if it was a quote dont you think he would have used the [ quote ] tag?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

So do we know the max amount of crops one settler can manage over?

Think the game mentions somewhere that one settler can manage a maximum of 6 food. So that's either 6 Mutfruit trees, or 12 of the ones that produce .5 food each.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

LumberingTroll posted:

Why do people say stupid poo poo like this when its pretty obvious its not a quote. if it was a quote dont you think he would have used the [ quote ] tag?

source your quotes

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

hemale in pain posted:

I am a loving idiot.

source quoted.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Generation Internet posted:

Just waiting for the day when I can have a list of Settlers and remotely control assignments and equipment. Also clipping and fences like the ones at Covenant. Some sort of strategic view to see your supply routes would be pro, too.

Yeah, settler management is the big reason I'm not doing much with settlements in this playthrough. Having to track down settlers manually, and then having to run to the resource (and you can't even sprint in workshop mode) and assign them there, is a real pain in the rear end.

Also, more of the outfits should count as thin so you can put armor over top.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

sector_corrector posted:

I approach something in sneak, it's standing still. I sight it with my scope. It starts moving back and forth to make the shot more difficult, because the game has realized that my character is scoping its head.

Having played all of the Bethesda engine Fallout games as a sniper at least once I've literally never seen this so I'm inclined to think you're making poo poo up.

LumberingTroll posted:

source quoted.

Dude, just stop.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

sector_corrector posted:

Might be that the AI us "switched off" at distance. So what you're experiencing when you zoom in is the normal AI behaviour being activated. I've encountered some mutts that were still as statues until I scoped them. Pop a jet.

Edit: have to admit that the amount of jank is getting to me. The sheer amount of bugs and glitches in an hour of playing is staggering.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Gully Foyle posted:

Also, more of the outfits should count as thin so you can put armor over top.

Yeah. I'm still rocking the Vault Suit like the guys who would play Skyrim in Iron Armour just because it was in the trailer.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

anatomi posted:

Might be that the AI us "switched off" at distance. So what you're experiencing when you zoom in is the normal AI behaviour being activated. I've encountered some mutts that were still as statues until I scoped them. Pop a jet.

It being a bug is more believable for Bethesda than intentional game design, as poo poo as it might be.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

LumberingTroll posted:

It's a 'joke' that the person saying the thing is actually quoting someone else's really stupid ramblings but forgot to source it. It's dumb.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

big mean giraffe posted:

Having played all of the Bethesda engine Fallout games as a sniper at least once I've literally never seen this so I'm inclined to think you're making poo poo up.

Well, you're a loving moron, so I don't doubt that you've never noticed it.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Just killed me a Legendary Radroach. It dropped a Furious Walking Cane. They're evolving faster than we thought.

Also got dropped an Irradiated Gamma Gun (duh?) from a Legendary Reaver in a Fusion Waste dump place which seems obscenely overpowered for my level, but I have yet to test it. Says 170 rad damage per shot on the tin though.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

frajaq posted:

Oh if only I was a melee character :allears:

I gave it to Cait, it's loving hilarious. When it procs it plays a baseball hit sound effect with a crowd cheering and the target goes flying. Usually they only go like 10 feet but it knocks them down.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

hilarity :3:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I accidentally ruined my game by doing the ending :(

The classical station goes away if you blow up the institute. Also, the crater where the institute used to be gets Glowing Sea effects

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I got a hunting rifle with this :(

Dryer Lint
May 17, 2010

Biggest most lovable jerk on the internet.
:sun:
I can't go anywhere near the glowing sea or my game crashes. Good loving job Bethesda.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Generation Internet posted:

I accidentally ruined my game by doing the ending :(

The classical station goes away if you blow up the institute. Also, the crater where the institute used to be gets Glowing Sea effects

No-one should finish the game. So much looting, gone.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

sector_corrector posted:

Probably what you're seeing is the enemy patrolling as normal. Most human enemies have a routine of "pace back and forth then occasionally stop and lean against something." So sometimes they stand perfectly still, then will start moving again but it's not because they're aware of you or changing their tactics to avoid you. Plus like the other person mentioned there can be some weirdness when they're almost outside the draw distance and you scope in on them.

The only dumb thing I've noticed (and this is something that happened in Skyrim a lot as well), is that when you have a shot lined up on them enemies will sometimes get some kind of super-speed and dodge to the side impossibly fast. Even point blank they'll just suddenly be able to dodge bullets.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Dryer Lint posted:

I can't go anywhere near the glowing sea or my game crashes. Good loving job Bethesda.

Is it a CTD with no error message? Because I have the same problem in another area of the game. Guess it might be some sort of random event that isn't loading properly, since I've seen people report crashing while trying to enter a couple of different areas on the map.

Ktan
Apr 15, 2012

Careful.
We don't want to learn from this.
What a great game. It of course has some typical Bethesda bugs and a weak story but man does it deliver on other fronts.

I have been playing on survival and regularly getting my rear end kicked. One of my favorite things is taking Psychojet and Bufftats when I am up against a really insane fight. Time slows, I do massive damage, and the character lets out this primal roar as he injects himself with the chems.

Of course I end up needing to go to rehab in the hospitals but you gotta do what it takes to survive in the wasteland.

Another thing Bethesda nailed is the ghouls' movement. The way they shamble, stumble, and sprint feels great.

Suffice to say it is a very close call between this and Witcher 3 for my GOTY.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

THE MOON IS BAD

I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of magic moon that has the wrong phase and sets in the East or something? Boy, I really hope somebody's going to get fired for this blunder.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Ktan posted:

Suffice to say it is a very close call between this and Witcher 3 for my GOTY.

:can:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Jeza posted:

Just killed me a Legendary Radroach. It dropped a Furious Walking Cane. They're evolving faster than we thought.

Also got dropped an Irradiated Gamma Gun (duh?) from a Legendary Reaver in a Fusion Waste dump place which seems obscenely overpowered for my level, but I have yet to test it. Says 170 rad damage per shot on the tin though.

Gamma Guns are super strong but only work on humans, they don't do poo poo to anything else in terms of damage.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Kimmalah posted:

Probably what you're seeing is the enemy patrolling as normal. Most human enemies have a routine of "pace back and forth then occasionally stop and lean against something." So sometimes they stand perfectly still, then will start moving again but it's not because they're aware of you or changing their tactics to avoid you. Plus like the other person mentioned there can be some weirdness when they're almost outside the draw distance and you scope in on them.

Shhh let them continue to embarrass themselves next time it's funnier.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Does Gauss/Plasma rifle ammo ever start showing up in regular ammo containers, maybe once you pass a certain level threshold? I'm loving these guns but the ammunition is very expensive and I'm not coming across any of it in the wild. Hell, I hardly even find any on the merchants.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 15, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Exploring through Boston, it made me realize how incredibly boring the Mojave desert was in New Vegas. No matter where you go, even between population centers, there is usually something to explore or maneuver around. In New Vegas it was basically just a flat plain broken up by mountain ranges and occasional empty truck stops, ooh exciting

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Exploring through Boston, it made me realize how incredibly boring the Mojave desert was in New Vegas. No matter where you go, even between population centers, there is usually something to explore or maneuver around. In New Vegas it was basically just a flat plain broken up by mountain ranges and occasional empty truck stops, ooh exciting

That's why I liked 3 a lot more than NV (still really enjoyed both). The Capital Wasteland felt more complete and consistent as a world. New Vegas had a lot of charming and interesting locations, but it felt so separated both geographically and story-wise.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Do you have to collect the money your trade stores make at settlements or what? I go to actually trade and there's nothing to take from them, moneywise. How does it work?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Ktan posted:

Of course I end up needing to go to rehab in the hospitals but you gotta do what it takes to survive in the wasteland.

The Refreshing Beverage you can craft at (I think) the cooking station will also cure addictions if for some reason you don't feel like making the trip. There's Addictol too, but that's probably more expensive than the doctors.

big mean giraffe posted:

Shhh let them continue to embarrass themselves next time it's funnier.

Bethesda strikes again, why won't enemies just be static all the time so I can shoot them easier?!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

Any other evil companions I should be on the lookout for? My sneaking, thieving, demanding-money play-style doesn't seem to mesh with the good guys.

Belatedly: Strong likes it when you squash people and he really likes it if you indulge in cannibalism. Problem is, he doesn't like it when you use Power Armor, or hack terminals, or pass Charisma checks (he likes it when you're an rear end in a top hat to other people in dialogue, though) or anything else that requires you to use your smarts. Science bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Do you have to collect the money your trade stores make at settlements or what? I go to actually trade and there's nothing to take from them, moneywise. How does it work?

The money shows up in the inventory of the workbench under "Misc."

EDIT: Goddamn it! Double post. Sorry.

• Locked thread