Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
Well, I randomly sprayed a bunch of torpedoes into the water generally towards a DD's direction and ran away like a little bitch popping smoke and turning on my engine boost.

About 15 seconds later I get a torp hit, a devastating strike, and a notification that I sunk a DD.

Less than 10 seconds later, and the 10 seconds is important, I get a 2nd torp hit, a 2nd devastating strike, and a second notification that I sunk a DD.
I also got an award for a Double Strike. You get this by killing two ships within 10 seconds of each other.

The most shocking thing was that although I saw one DD, I never saw the second. I literally 1 shotted an enemy I never saw and didn't know was there.
This was the luckiest of all lucky shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

I took my chances and angled my Ibuki against an Izumo that fired at me like 100 times and im happy to report he barely hurt me. I dont know if they tweaked fire damage, or if its based on the tier of the shooter but it felt like I really ravaged him with it his HP was dropping in big chunks - almost 40k damage from 8 fires. 62 of my 82 hits were on him, so im presuming he ate most of those fires too.

Im more excited to be working towards the Kiev right now than I am the Zao. Ognevoi does not feel as overpowered at the Gnevny did, but its still pretty good

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
Challenges and Missions finally implemented.

They don't seem to hard, and the rewards are decent.

300k damage to certain ship types, yielding 3000 free exp, and some flags... or 1.5 million credits. 4 of them can be done today... could come away with 6k free exp and 3 million credits.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

jownzy posted:

Challenges and Missions finally implemented.

They don't seem to hard, and the rewards are decent.

300k damage to certain ship types, yielding 3000 free exp, and some flags... or 1.5 million credits. 4 of them can be done today... could come away with 6k free exp and 3 million credits.
The EU missions are utter garbage by comparison, kill 5 US BB and 5 IJN BB with a tier 4+ BB for 10x repair party, 20 torp hits with a tier 5+ destroyer for 10x smoke generator and set 20 ships on fire with a tier 4+ cruiser for 10 sonar.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

There is a lot of new and good things in this new ship game

battleships are artillery pieces and you can sneak up to them

depth charging subs is funny as hell

Over it we got 4 or 5 people playing it right now and they are all enjoying it.

Is it NF3? Are there aircraft carriers?
e: Never mind there is a preview picture with one.

e: It seems that all the bad reviews are either "LOL ripoff" or "no how real naval battle would go I have you now I owned a BB in ww2"

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 13, 2015

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
WoWs ripoff is actually somehow better that WoWs in a lot of ways.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I worked off my disappointment over AAA game priced Surcouf by going back to the Cleveland and holy poo poo this thing now shreds cruisers with the new armour rules, 30 AP hits, 9 of which citadels.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

All I want is Navyfield: The Fieldening.
Is that so much to ask for?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Some people are comparing it to navy field, except subs are way less over powered in the new game.

We should have a fleet (guild) up soon, first level only holds 20 people, and there are like 3 or 5 fleet battles we can do per week to gain more commanders and poo poo.

Another thing I noticed in the event calendar is you are able to get 388 gold a day if you play in a rank 3 or higher elite ship and this pretty much earns you vip. Also slave wage.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

Some people are comparing it to navy field, except subs are way less over powered in the new game.

Excuse me, from my 10 years of experience I can safely say that 99% of all sub drivers are drooling idiots who couldn't differentiate between a plane and a planesman.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is really true here. They are mostly horrible except for like one or subs who know how to stop and not pretend they are some sort of water cavalry going under the enemy.

I've been playing a DD just to capitalize on bad sub players and its been amazing.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Asehujiko posted:

I worked off my disappointment over AAA game priced Surcouf by going back to the Cleveland and holy poo poo this thing now shreds cruisers with the new armour rules, 30 AP hits, 9 of which citadels.

It's even better when you're shooting at thinly armored German cruisers.

Don't be too harsh on that NM. It looked like he crashed/DCed soon after he started.

Killed every ship that I shot at. :smug:

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

In my limited experience since yesterday's update it looks like turrets are easier to destroy. In like 30+ battles with the Fuso I never lost a turret, but in my last game I lost two. Also lost an Ibuki turret last night to the first shot I took. All 16" shells from Iowas and North Carolinas I believe.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Killed seven ships in my Iowa.
Citadels all over the place.

Looks like BB's are back in business.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
That other ship game is actually fun, it looks like poo poo and feels weird at first but I like the whole anti-sub gameplay, also i am actually doing well on in my starter DD no matter if its the open ocean map or if it's an island cluster. Go fast, drop torps, shoot reds. Is there a thread for it?

Feels like a weird WoT/WoWs/NavyField crossover.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

No thread yet since I don't think it will be that popular, but I can work up an op if no one else wants to.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Is my computer going to explode if I play it from Chinese haxx?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Its on steam, so maybe?

We haven't had an issue so far. We got the goon fleet up as well. I'll start working on an op.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

It's a way better game fwiw.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Made a new thread for steel ocean as to not make people think something changed in world of warships

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751394

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Superior game

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

New York closes within 10 km of my Nagato and shows me his broadside. Proceeded to imply I was cheating when half his health disappeared in a single salvo(sadly only 2 citadels). Finished him with the second salvo, of course.

Oh, pubbies.:allears:

Oh, and saw a Kitakami tonight for the first time since the CBT. That was interesting, though he was friendly so I didn't really watch it much since he was being careful with the torps.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

I just had a game where a Pensacola said I was a "lucky spammer" because he showed me his broadside at about 7km in a Cleveland. I swapped to AP and dropped 4 citadels in him in one salvo. Shooting down 100 planes is going to blow.

I saw a Kitakami a couple nights ago, only time I have seen one in game but I dont know what happened to it and never saw any monster torpedo swathes.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I'm seeing a lot of CAs getting dunked by citadels, so I'm assuming that something is fixed. All is well with the world.
Edit: Oh jesus christ yes. Plunging fire got the boost from fixed armor scheme, and straight on fire seems mostly fixed. The end result feels like more citadels than normal. I dropped 2 shells on a Karlsruhe in my NM and citadeled him twice, almost every plunging fire hit I land on BBs is either a bounce or a citadel. It is glorious. Killed a CV in 2 volleys at max range + scout plane for a total of 4 cits.

The new Events own. I love having something to work towards while I'm playing. Already completed the destroyer mission, my very first match I got 160k+ damage to halfway complete it. Easy games, easy life.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Nov 14, 2015

Srebrenica Surprise
Aug 23, 2008

"L-O-V-E's just another word I never learned to pronounce."
Hopefully this isn't against the rules but I have a couple of those Murmansk + premium + gold codes in SA-Mart from a while back if anybody's interested.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Definitely feels like AP was fixed a little too well. Played a quick round in my NM and the first salvo I fired dunked a Cleveland for Devastating Strike and First Blood. :getin:

Gorau
Apr 28, 2008
The AP changes were awesome. Two unfortunate Fuso's ended up broadside to my tirpitz at 9 km. Four volleys later no more Fuso's. Each volley had at least one citadel.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Was the Tirpitz worth the enormous USD cost up front?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Is SEAMN still full? I can't seem to join it in WoWS because I'm in PANSY on WoT for some reason....

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

Minenfeld! posted:

Was the Tirpitz worth the enormous USD cost up front?

I wish I had only bought the Atlanta. Faster games, faster credits. I find myself not even playing it.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

What the hell is up with fires? Suppose it could be just terrible RNG, but tonight I'm getting lit on fire all over the place. Seriously, in multiple ships(T7 BB, T8 CA) I ended up with one fire, put out, and then very quickly three more fires all over the ship from a single enemy cruiser spamming HE. I've never seen it this bad on a regular basis. Did they change something in that mini-patch regarding those as well? And given they still haven't modified the obscene amount of damage they do, it's complete bullshit. Because Clevelands ultimately chunking 3/4ths of your health in a battleship with 40 seconds of firing sure is fun to play against. Sure, you can repair it all back eventually, but in total that takes something like 10 minutes, so I hope nothing else fires at you in the meantime.

Hell, while of dubious effectiveness, my Nagato is mounting both the Damage Control System Mod 1, along with possessing Fire Prevention on the captain, so this really is ridiculous.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Lord Koth posted:

What the hell is up with fires? Suppose it could be just terrible RNG, but tonight I'm getting lit on fire all over the place. Seriously, in multiple ships(T7 BB, T8 CA) I ended up with one fire, put out, and then very quickly three more fires all over the ship from a single enemy cruiser spamming HE. I've never seen it this bad on a regular basis. Did they change something in that mini-patch regarding those as well? And given they still haven't modified the obscene amount of damage they do, it's complete bullshit. Because Clevelands ultimately chunking 3/4ths of your health in a battleship with 40 seconds of firing sure is fun to play against. Sure, you can repair it all back eventually, but in total that takes something like 10 minutes, so I hope nothing else fires at you in the meantime.

Hell, while of dubious effectiveness, my Nagato is mounting both the Damage Control System Mod 1, along with possessing Fire Prevention on the captain, so this really is ridiculous.

Naw, its probably just the RNG deciding your time has come.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Königsburg seems to be taking a LOT more damage from BBs now. Took quite a few double-citadel salvoes tonight. I was angled for a few of them but it didn't seem to accomplish anything.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Lord Koth posted:

Fire prevention is multiplicative, not additive. It's a useless skill.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So, starting off a match with "You're gonna get rekt like paris on a friday night" results in some hilarious threats and insults. :v:

EDIT: Oddly, the response to taking an atlanta into a match and saying "I'm gonna be shooting down planes like they're full of russians over egypt" doesn't get nearly as much of a response.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 15, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Blindeye posted:

Is SEAMN still full? I can't seem to join it in WoWS because I'm in PANSY on WoT for some reason....

Currently at 99 members..

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Elmnt80 posted:

So, starting off a match with "You're gonna get rekt like paris on a friday night" results in some hilarious threats and insults. :v:

EDIT: Oddly, the response to taking an atlanta into a match and saying "I'm gonna be shooting down planes like they're full of russians over egypt" doesn't get nearly as much of a response.

If you were any edgier you'd be a knife.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHWijNYv5YU
I might upload some more, I've got 4-5 clips on backlog, including one I just got of me dodging Myoko torps and them connecting with a DD that I was fighting with.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Michaellaneous posted:

Is it NF3? Are there aircraft carriers?
e: Never mind there is a preview picture with one.

e: It seems that all the bad reviews are either "LOL ripoff" or "no how real naval battle would go I have you now I owned a BB in ww2"

There's also some reviews on steam along the lines of "Pay2Win" "well known poo poo company" etc etc, overall it seems like this will be ok for a couple months and then go down the drain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Hazdoc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHWijNYv5YU
I might upload some more, I've got 4-5 clips on backlog, including one I just got of me dodging Myoko torps and them connecting with a DD that I was fighting with.

Go ahead. Your vids are pretty entertaining.