Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yup. having Ginyu/Trunks/Goten in it makes this better than the movie, never mind fixing up all the power relation goofs by removing power level crap statements.

edit: So do they go blue by punching each other really hard?

Darko fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Didn't Shenron only grant two wishes in the movie as well?

Not that it really matters of course, but still.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rudoku posted:

Lol Ginyu's still around!

With Goten and Trunks. That already gives it points over RoF.

Super confirmed better than RoF, thank god

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Raxivace posted:

Didn't Shenron only grant two wishes in the movie as well?

Not that it really matters of course, but still.

Yeah he granted two only in the movie, but it looks like they made some edits here. There were also small fixes by not mentioning things like Freezas new guys only being as strong as Zarbon or Dodoria or whatever as well.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Seriously, if Freeza meets Kid Trunks, it will make all of this worth it.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

It was really nice of Shenron to throw in the ice pack.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Some people think Ginyu already swapped bodies with the devil guy off-screen somehow. That would be neat.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I really hope that Ginyu appearing there was set-up for him having a role and not just a cameo. Because I'd love to see Ginyu again.

Also I really like that Super fixed the errors with the Dragon Balls in both BoG and now. It justifies only one wish in the BoG part by having Shenlong run the gently caress away from Beerus, and here he correctly gives three wishes, even stating how the wishes work. And Mai got ice cream, which is always a good wish. And the best ice cream is, logically, the best wish. Good for you, Mai.

And I honestly just felt so sorry for Pilaf here. He worked so hard to get those Dragon Balls, after decades of trying he finally succeeds...only to get them stolen. Can't a man just wish for world domination in peace? Geez.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i think he was gonna wish for some origami this time

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Condiv posted:

i think he was gonna wish for some origami this time

He already talked about getting a spaceship and leaving the planet. Is he thinking about steppin' on a Grand Tour?

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also I really like that Super fixed the errors with the Dragon Balls in both BoG and now. It justifies only one wish in the BoG part by having Shenlong run the gently caress away from Beerus, and here he correctly gives three wishes, even stating how the wishes work. And Mai got ice cream, which is always a good wish. And the best ice cream is, logically, the best wish. Good for you, Mai.

Yeah, but the Earth dragon was remade to give two wishes, not three, so the movie was correct in that unless they decided to change it off-screen. Still, good for Mai, I hope that ice cream is satisfying.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

It was really nice of Shenron to throw in the ice pack.

Shenron's a nice guy once you get to know him.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Squall posted:

Yeah, but the Earth dragon was remade to give two wishes, not three, so the movie was correct in that unless they decided to change it off-screen. Still, good for Mai, I hope that ice cream is satisfying.

If Moori's old rear end could do it, Dende can do it better.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

so uh when and how did the Ginyu frog get on earth. I don't remember exactly. Was he brought there along with the rest of the namekians when Dende wished them all to Earth during the fight on Namek?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

mabels big day posted:

so uh when and how did the Ginyu frog get on earth. I don't remember exactly. Was he brought there along with the rest of the namekians when Dende wished them all to Earth during the fight on Namek?
Yup, The wish they ended up making was specifically to bring everybody but Goku and Freeza to earth.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mabels big day posted:

Everyone on Namek besides Goku and Frieza were teleported to earth.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

mabels big day posted:

I believe Ginyu-Frog and Frog-Ginyu were both brought to earth with that wish.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Squall posted:

Yeah, but the Earth dragon was remade to give two wishes, not three

This. They had to compromise on the wishes to keep the power to bring everyone back at once. Toriyama would later forget this compromise when the namekian dragon gets to bring everyone back and have three wishes

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Darko posted:

Seriously, if Freeza meets Kid Trunks, it will make all of this worth it.

Do you really want Kid Trunks to get the poo poo beat out of him or something

Caros
May 14, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Do you really want Kid Trunks to get the poo poo beat out of him or something

I think the reasoning is that it'd be funny to see freeza's reaction to the fact that he was apparently killed by a time traveller.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Caros posted:

I think the reasoning is that it'd be funny to see freeza's reaction to the fact that he was apparently killed by a time traveller.

Also possibly Freiza realizing that this kid is stronger than he used to be in his final form.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Squall posted:

quote:

After Dende's remodeling, Shenron is able to grant three wishes. However, since Dende is not powerful enough, Shenron can only fulfil two of the three wishes if a large number of people are revived using one of the wishes. Wishes can also be saved until the next summoning; in this case, the Dragon Balls would scatter around the world in the same way as if someone had spoken all the wishes but will remain as stones for only four months, after which Shenron can be summoned again to grant the remaining wishes. Afterward, the balls scatter and turn into stones for a whole year. This is shown when Shenron is summoned to revive everyone who were killed by Majin Vegeta. The wish saved is used four months after Kid Buu's defeat, in order to erase the memories that the people of Earth had of Majin Buu except for Goku's friends and family.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ytlaya posted:

Also possibly Freiza realizing that this kid is stronger than he used to be in his final form.

This may not actually be the case. The two kids could barely handle Abo and Kado from the that special "Yo Son Goku and his Friends Return" who were stated as being as strong as Freeza.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Cozz posted:

I believe Ginyu-Frog and Frog-Ginyu were both brought to earth with that wish.

To be a bit more specific, this happened in the anime as a bit of filler, I think. They got surprising mileage out of that frog.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't Dende know about a spaceship landing on Earth? If he's anything like Kami he'd be standing on the lookout looking out. But then, did Kami notice Raditz landing?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Like all millennials, Dende just doesn't take his job seriously. He was probably texting on his phone or something instead of watching out for space terrorists. He let this happen.

#DendeGate2016

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
More like there was no one to teach Dende what his job is suppose to be.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Isn't that supposed to be Mr. Popo's job?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Isn't that supposed to be Mr. Popo's job?

*insert four seperate tfs references here*

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

This may not actually be the case. The two kids could barely handle Abo and Kado from the that special "Yo Son Goku and his Friends Return" who were stated as being as strong as Freeza.

I think this is just a case of power relationships between characters in DBZ making no sense, because Android 18 has a ton of trouble against Mighty Mask and Android 18 is waaaay stronger than Frieza.

Did Trunks/Goten go super saiyan against Abo/Kado? I can't remember if they actually did or not.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Goku goes Super Saiyan Blue in that movie so who knows whats up with it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Ytlaya posted:

I think this is just a case of power relationships between characters in DBZ making no sense, because Android 18 has a ton of trouble against Mighty Mask and Android 18 is waaaay stronger than Frieza.

I assumed it was because she was trying not to kill him, so she wasn't going all out.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Caros posted:

Freeza would drop any pretense of being affable and murder Trunks before Vegeta and Goku had any time to know what the hell was going on if he shows up where Freeza is before they get back.

Goten and Trunks didn't show up where Freeza is in the movie because there's just not many ways to write around Freeza seeing both of them and killing them in a bloodrage. Especially Trunks.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Namtab posted:

This. They had to compromise on the wishes to keep the power to bring everyone back at once. Toriyama would later forget this compromise when the namekian dragon gets to bring everyone back and have three wishes

You can handwave that away by saying the Namekians were able to pool power or something to allow their dragon to do that.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

Namekian elder said they upgraded the dragon balls in the Buu saga to have three wishes.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

Namekian elder said they upgraded the dragon balls in the Buu saga to have three wishes.

No, they upgraded the dragon so he could revive multiple people with one wish.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It does both now. Toriyama just forgets about it. That's all there is to it.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Pilaf not getting a chance at wishing means it makes no sense why they're children.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Does any goon here play the Dokkan battle game? It's a nice little puzzle distraction game that doesn't give you Goku or Vegeta right away so it's cool to see other players groups' setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Diabetic posted:

Does any goon here play the Dokkan battle game? It's a nice little puzzle distraction game that doesn't give you Goku or Vegeta right away so it's cool to see other players groups' setup.

Almost the whole Gacha megathread in this subforum is devoted that that game.

• Locked thread