Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
I just finished KotFE with my warrior. Story wise, I think I probably should've waited and done it on a non force user first because it's going to seem really off now. And is it all the same with a Republic char? Cuz that seems like it'd be really weird too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

My poor computer is going to be broken all rakghoul event, rip

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Last night some Mr. Moneybags apparently got tired of people crashing the Hemostatic Gel market and price-fixed it back up to like 15k per unit, I managed to make about a million or so before thirty doofuses started putting up dozens of stacks of 99 at 1.5k apiece again. :bang:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Crindee posted:

Last night some Mr. Moneybags apparently got tired of people crashing the Hemostatic Gel market and price-fixed it back up to like 15k per unit, I managed to make about a million or so before thirty doofuses started putting up dozens of stacks of 99 at 1.5k apiece again. :bang:

Stop trying to price fix poo poo. Let the market be free.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dely Apple posted:

My poor computer is going to be broken all rakghoul event, rip

At least now it's supposed to be monthly.

Speaking of prices, Dark Matter Catalysts are hovering around 1.3 million right now. I've been buying any that are at that price because I can break almost even by crafting a barrel or hilt, or come out ahead if it crits. So, if anyone wants to skip the GTN fee and wins one in a pug raid that they want to read, you can let me know. Send any to me COD for 1.3 million you get and I'll gladly buy them from you. :)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Makeb is really boring and I died "falling" in the middle of a ledge.

I knew I should've skipped this mission when the supreme chancellor of the republic said I was being sent as a message to any who would dare oppose her. I don't enjoy slaughtering dozens of (until recently) local police that I've been told are shot if they try to desert.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm getting old and squeamish and if I have kids I'm probably not going to let them play violent videogames.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

sassassin posted:

Makeb is really boring and I died "falling" in the middle of a ledge.

I knew I should've skipped this mission when the supreme chancellor of the republic said I was being sent as a message to any who would dare oppose her. I don't enjoy slaughtering dozens of (until recently) local police that I've been told are shot if they try to desert.

Saresh is an rear end in a top hat. She somehow managed to fail spectacularly with Taris, and get promoted to Grand Chancellor. The Carly Fiorina of Star Wars if you will.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

HAhahahahahaha you did this just because I posted that picture of my companion with like 10k more HP than yours, didn't you?

:colbert: In part I'll admit but also to see just how bad I can break the game, it's what I do. Right now at 65 there's a better return on Presence than any other stat for PvE effectiveness where companions are allowed. Under the effects of level sync the disparity is laughable.

sassassin posted:

Stop trying to price fix poo poo. Let the market be free.

No thank you I prefer having more credits than I know what to do with.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

:colbert: In part I'll admit but also to see just how bad I can break the game, it's what I do. Right now at 65 there's a better return on Presence than any other stat for PvE effectiveness where companions are allowed. Under the effects of level sync the disparity is laughable.

Yeah, I realized that when I was running heroics with a friend 20 levels below me and we had identical stats, me in my endgame armor and him in barely greens. Makes sense. Do you just re-augment when you raid? Or have two sets?

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014
Hello, A friend playing this told me there is a deal going on for if you get one month of sub you get all the expansions, can anyone confirm it still works and where do i get it or should i just throw a month in through their site? thanks.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

StormBringer posted:

Hello, A friend playing this told me there is a deal going on for if you get one month of sub you get all the expansions, can anyone confirm it still works and where do i get it or should i just throw a month in through their site? thanks.

Subscribers get access to all content at present, but no future content unless you are subscribed. If you subscribe again a year later, you will gain access to everything up to that point.

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014

Geniasis posted:

Subscribers get access to all content at present, but no future content unless you are subscribed. If you subscribe again a year later, you will gain access to everything up to that point.

So should i just sub off their site? no needing to go through amazon or anything? and ill be able to get to 65? forgot how fast replies on these forums are looked off for a minute and its already there. thanks for that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StormBringer posted:

So should i just sub off their site? no needing to go through amazon or anything? and ill be able to get to 65? forgot how fast replies on these forums are looked off for a minute and its already there. thanks for that.

If you only want the base story then yeah, you can buy a month sub and then cancel. Best deal is still 90 days for $40 from Amazon which includes some cartel coins

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014

Medullah posted:

If you only want the base story then yeah, you can buy a month sub and then cancel. Best deal is still 90 days for $40 from Amazon which includes some cartel coins

Base meaning just 1-50? my friend apparently bought just a month of sub and he got to 65 so im confused. ill probably have to ask him later or something then.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah, I realized that when I was running heroics with a friend 20 levels below me and we had identical stats, me in my endgame armor and him in barely greens. Makes sense. Do you just re-augment when you raid? Or have two sets?

I made a Legacy set of 220 comm gear that is Power/Critical focused and Devoted Allies Ear and Implants, all augmented with purple Command Augment 36's. Didn't bother with MH/OH/Relics.

Don't think you can reverse engineer the purple Command recipe anymore since it's archived now so you have to either already have the recipe or buy them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StormBringer posted:

Base meaning just 1-50? my friend apparently bought just a month of sub and he got to 65 so im confused. ill probably have to ask him later or something then.

Sorry, meant base 1-65 including SoR and first 9 chapters of KOTFE. Assuming you don't want to raid and all that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I made a Legacy set of 220 comm gear that is Power/Critical focused and Devoted Allies Ear and Implants, all augmented with purple Command Augment 36's. Didn't bother with MH/OH/Relics.

Don't think you can reverse engineer the purple Command recipe anymore since it's archived now so you have to either already have the recipe or buy them.

Ah yeah I stopped learning the presence augments with SoR. Not a bad idea though.

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014

Medullah posted:

Sorry, meant base 1-65 including SoR and first 9 chapters of KOTFE. Assuming you don't want to raid and all that.

ok thanks for that. thats exactly what i needed i dont care about raids and everything else i just play the game for pvp anyway so getting to 65 and gearing shouldnt be a problem for me thanks much man.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StormBringer posted:

ok thanks for that. thats exactly what i needed i dont care about raids and everything else i just play the game for pvp anyway so getting to 65 and gearing shouldnt be a problem for me thanks much man.

Make sure you earn some credits and buy a bunch of warzone passes while you're subbed then, since you can't really PvP alot after you sub lapses

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey Arsit, I'm working on some house work so post when it looks like we have a group for HM and I'll log on.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Ah yeah I stopped learning the presence augments with SoR. Not a bad idea though.

36's are the lvl 55 ones so you may them. The 52 28's would work as well.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I just found out that George Lucas changes the name of Korriban to Moraband in The Clone Wars which seems kinda crappy. Legitimately the only good thing to come out of the old EU was Tales of the Jedi and it doesn't get full recognition. It's nice I guess that in a lot of ways it remained the same, i.e. it's still a red planet and still has a Valley of the Dark Lords, but what was George Lucas still doing making story decisions on Star Wars stuff in March, 2014?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Maybe in 4,000 years the name changed? It can happen In a much shorter time especially when the place is lost.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Medullah posted:

Hey Arsit, I'm working on some house work so post when it looks like we have a group for HM and I'll log on.

We didn't have the people for HM, sadly.

I'll put together a group to take one more run at HM Eternity Vault tomorrow (Monday) at 8:00 EST. To anyone reading this who's not very experienced with operations or doesn't have the recommended gear, you're welcome to join us then. EV is very forgiving and will be a cornucopia of loot until the reset on Tuesday so it's a great way to get in to HM ops.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

HundredBears posted:

We didn't have the people for HM, sadly.

I'll put together a group to take one more run at HM Eternity Vault tomorrow (Monday) at 8:00 EST. To anyone reading this who's not very experienced with operations or doesn't have the recommended gear, you're welcome to join us then. EV is very forgiving and will be a cornucopia of loot until the reset on Tuesday so it's a great way to get in to HM ops.

:( Sorry. Yeah, EV is pretty much a cake walk if you have a group of 65s. We 6 manned the first boss then 7 manned the rest the other night. I also ran it with a pug completely smashed with my 190 geared Marauder and we had no issues.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Defiance Industries posted:

Maybe in 4,000 years the name changed? It can happen In a much shorter time especially when the place is lost.

Another thing I learned is that it's apparently canon now that the "Old Republic" is not just an older iteration of the Republic but a completely separate entity that fell 1,000 years before the formation of the Galactic Republic of the films. And the Sith and Jedi officially diverged at that point and not far earlier as had been previously established. So it's likely that Sith ever having been a distinct species at all is out.

Also it's seeming more and more likely as the new Marvel EU is chugging along that SWTOR is not going to get recognized as canon. Too much baggage from the old EU tangled up in there and if they accept the game they have to accept Tales of the Jedi and a bunch of other Dark Horse stuff along with it. Not that it matters that much but it does kind of suck to think something that used to feel part of a larger universe is now this disowned vestigial Elseworlds thing that the main arm no longer acknowledges.

In the run up to the new expansion I had expected that the Imperials and Republic would merge and become the latter day Republic as a result of the war with Zakuul, giving the Pubs the Bomarr Eight Spoke Wheel roundel and evil guy British accents for Coruscanti people. That would have been neat and even made a lot of sense.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's all fictional, and your experience before and after a canonical decree does not have to change.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's all fictional, and your experience before and after a canonical decree does not have to change.

Like I said, part of the enjoyment is the shared universe. Not attempting to rehabilitate the game in terms of the lore of the rest of the series takes you out of the experience, and it'll only get worse as the old EU and the new canon get more and more out of sync as a result of the old stuff being discarded and ignored.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I mean, it doesn't take me out of the experience.

I thought the point of the Old Republic setting being millennia before the films was to allow them to do whatever, without needing to worry about slotting into the main storyline. Revan wasn't going to have an impact on the main series before, and he isn't going to have one now, so on a practical level nothing has really changed beside some checkbox in a Disney spreadsheet.

If anything, narrative-wise BioWare has certainly disappointed by taking a big poo poo all over Revan and the Exile, and that was something they could do regardless of Disney canon law

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I've been disavowing the expanded universe for like 20 years so I'm just like, thanks for finally getting on my level.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I've been disavowing the expanded universe for like 20 years so I'm just like, thanks for finally getting on my level.

Honestly, having read all of the EU novels through NJO, the only thing I miss is the amazing Boba Fett origin story from Tales of the Bounty Hunters which was made invalid by AoTC.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I mean, it doesn't take me out of the experience.

I thought the point of the Old Republic setting being millennia before the films was to allow them to do whatever, without needing to worry about slotting into the main storyline. Revan wasn't going to have an impact on the main series before, and he isn't going to have one now, so on a practical level nothing has really changed beside some checkbox in a Disney spreadsheet.

If anything, narrative-wise BioWare has certainly disappointed by taking a big poo poo all over Revan and the Exile, and that was something they could do regardless of Disney canon law

What I'm saying is that the new canon has truncated the timeline. The idea that the Sith only branched off around 1,000 BBY explicitly invalidates pretty much all stories prior to that date. They didn't have to do that but they did (like you said it was 5,000 years ago and doesn't matter), so that has to tell you something about their attitude and intent towards ongoing legacy EU stuff going forward. It's not as though Story Group isn't aware of this stuff but they're making decisions invalidating old lore anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They invalidated everything when Disney bought it. Like directly released a statement saying it doesn't count.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Chickenwalker posted:

I just found out that George Lucas changes the name of Korriban to Moraband in The Clone Wars which seems kinda crappy. Legitimately the only good thing to come out of the old EU was Tales of the Jedi and it doesn't get full recognition. It's nice I guess that in a lot of ways it remained the same, i.e. it's still a red planet and still has a Valley of the Dark Lords, but what was George Lucas still doing making story decisions on Star Wars stuff in March, 2014?

He probably mispronounced it and then refused to admit he made a mistake.

"Gungas"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Aphrodite posted:

They invalidated everything when Disney bought it. Like directly released a statement saying it doesn't count.

If book burnings ever become en vogue again I nominate the EU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Chickenwalker posted:

What I'm saying is that the new canon has truncated the timeline. The idea that the Sith only branched off around 1,000 BBY explicitly invalidates pretty much all stories prior to that date. They didn't have to do that but they did (like you said it was 5,000 years ago and doesn't matter), so that has to tell you something about their attitude and intent towards ongoing legacy EU stuff going forward. It's not as though Story Group isn't aware of this stuff but they're making decisions invalidating old lore anyway.

Who cares. The less we were about continuity between the films and the games the better, it's a constraint that just unnecessarily limits the kinds of stories we can tell. Lift the concepts and themes that are useful and shove the rest out an airlock.

Edit: To be even more clear, the only thing that's changed is that previously we had a gentleman's agreement to not acknowledge that everything in the EU was incredibly not canon, and now we're openly acknowledging that fact.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 16, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This Qyzen quest is such utter bullshit, I resigned myself to just camping a spot so I can get some of these loving kills and I waited for 20 minutes, and as soon as the thing respawns some rear end in a top hat swoops in like he had some exact timer and ganked it, like did the devs think people would have fun doing this crap quest

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Captain Oblivious posted:

Who cares. The less we were about continuity between the films and the games the better, it's a constraint that just unnecessarily limits the kinds of stories we can tell. Lift the concepts and themes that are useful and shove the rest out an airlock.

Edit: To be even more clear, the only thing that's changed is that previously we had a gentleman's agreement to not acknowledge that everything in the EU was incredibly not canon, and now we're openly acknowledging that fact.

Did you already forget about the official classification, with 5 different levels of canon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

So when does this patch that the above notes were for come out?

• Locked thread