Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

NC-17 posted:

An I mean to think Sam Bradford is a pussy?

Sorry what?

e: Looks like his shoulder should be okay by next week but he has a concussion so it's iffy if we'll get him back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

davecrazy posted:

Collins back was too me. How did he not catch that INT?

Also did ODB try to start dancing before the play was over? We only got like 2 replays on the video board.

He came down on the ground really hard. He should have held on but honestly that fall looked like it hurt.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
Edelman has a broken foot :smith:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Febreeze posted:

He came down on the ground really hard. He should have held on but honestly that fall looked like it hurt.

Yeah I initially thought Collins broke his forearm or something the way he landed and stayed down

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Crimson Sox posted:

Rumors are he could be back for the playoffs.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I can't believe the Vikings are 7-2 and first in the division. And I can't believe one of our losses was to the loving 49ers

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Malloreon posted:

Rumors are he could be back for the playoffs.

Dez was out 6 weeks right?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Crimson Sox posted:

Fuuuuuck

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

NC-17 posted:

An I mean to think Sam Bradford is a pussy?
he needs to rub some dirt on his brain

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Well gee I hate to think in negatives yknow but I sure wish the New England Patriots would lose a game!

I guess I should be rooting for the Bengals to lose too but I actually kind of like them. Panthers Bengals Super Bowl L Bitch

Remember last season when the Panthers played the Bengals and it ended in a tie?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

"BURRRR YOU DONE HAD THE FAVRE AND RODGERS FOR 200 YEARS SUCK MY gently caress

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Quest For Glory II posted:

Prop him up with a two wheel dolly IMO

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Quest For Glory II posted:

I mean more in that the guy needs to learn how to get tackled. That should be his entire off season workout, taking hits from all angles eight hours a day.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Dez was out 6 weeks right?

Dez doesn't care about his health. Same reason Romo was able to return from a broken back he wasn't IR'd for within 2 weeks because his team couldn't function without him

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Crimson Sox posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Well, that makes 16-0 harder but that can be gotten over by the playoffs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kirk Cousins' dad (diagnosed with cancer in the offseason) was able to attend today's game, got to see Kirk get a perfect game (158.3 QBR), and got the game ball from him

:unsmith:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

evilweasel posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Well, that makes 16-0 harder but that can be gotten over by the playoffs.

Not if it's the dreaded Lisfranc

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chris James 2 posted:

Dez doesn't care about his health. Same reason Romo was able to return from a broken back he wasn't IR'd for within 2 weeks because his team couldn't function without him

I'm sure the Patriots wouldn't rush a player back from injury in time for the playoffs.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I've been a Vikes fan since the mid 70's. Something tells me that next season is going to be THE special one. In the meanwhile, having hope (and seeing the results of hope) feels good.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

GenericMartini posted:

I can't believe the Vikings are 7-2 and first in the division. And I can't believe one of our losses was to the loving 49ers

Yeah, the San Fran loss really just stands out as a weird anomaly. Our defense was just garbage that game, in stark contrast to every game since.

Teddy not really threatening too much in the air is a bit disconcerting, but with Adrian running the ball like he has been, I think it'll be okay. Assuming Rodgers stays a bit 'off' this season, I think the Vikes have a really good chance of taking the north this year as long as the defense keeps playing as well as it has.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

three posted:

Now that Packer fans have calmed down, which of these teams do Pack fans think will take their spot in the playoffs?

Bunch of awful teams.

Seattle, because post-SB45 our lives have been an endless failure cycle vs. Russell Wilson.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Awful Eagles loss.

gently caress THIS BUM rear end TEAM

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chris James 2 posted:

Kirk Cousins' dad (diagnosed with cancer in the offseason) was able to attend today's game, got to see Kirk get a perfect game (158.3 QBR), and got the game ball from him

:unsmith:

This is fantastic

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Do you like that?
https://vine.co/v/iBT6wu75Mr1

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress Yeah

gently caress Denver, gently caress the Broncos, gently caress Peyton Manning and gently caress his records. They can all burn and lets turn this poo poo upside down.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Does Brees look done or are the Saints that bad of a mess?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

AKMoose posted:

Awful Eagles loss.

gently caress THIS BUM rear end TEAM

Yeah there is no excuse for losing to a Dolphins team that can't do a loving long snap right

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Not if it's the dreaded Lisfranc

Isn't a lisfranc a muscle strain rather than an actual break? The foots filled with little bitty bitch bones. If it's just a broken bone in his foot he should be fine in a few weeks.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

What was Rodgers talking about when he said someone blurted out something racist during the moment of silence before the game? Anyone have a clip?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

@RVacchianoNYDN
Why didn't the Giants run on 1st and goal from the 5 instead of throwing to Beckham in the end zone? A run was called. Eli audibled.

‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Said Eli Manning: "They had goal line personnel in and they just weren’t going to let us run the ball in that situation."

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Russell Wilson said that the Seahawks are treating tonight as the start of a new season

so it's fair to say they should be considered 0-1 tommorow.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Dave posted:

@RVacchianoNYDN
Why didn't the Giants run on 1st and goal from the 5 instead of throwing to Beckham in the end zone? A run was called. Eli audibled.

‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Said Eli Manning: "They had goal line personnel in and they just weren’t going to let us run the ball in that situation."

Wow.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
https://streamable.com/vs3f?t=31.1

:barf:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The Dave posted:

@RVacchianoNYDN

‏@RVacchianoNYDN

Elisha saves his Patriot slaying for the Super Bowl.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

The Dave posted:

@RVacchianoNYDN

‏@RVacchianoNYDN

so potentially two losses this season due to Eli dumbassery at the two minute mark.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

What does the first guy say?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

The Dave posted:

@RVacchianoNYDN

‏@RVacchianoNYDN

didn't eli do something stupid late like this earlier in the season too? i can't remember.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Dutchy posted:

didn't eli do something stupid late like this earlier in the season too? i can't remember.

First week, Cowboys game, under 2 minutes, Eli throws it out the back of the endzone when pressured instead of taking the sack on 3rd down (or just maybe do a run play), Cowboys had no timeouts left and needed a TD to win it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Dutchy posted:

He told Rashad Jennings not to score in Week 1 when it would have put them up 2 scores with under 2 minutes left.

edit: And that ^^^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
That didn't seem like a bad call considering it took the DB making a ridiculous play to make it an in completion.

• Locked thread