Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Louisgod posted:

Because kewpuh's a b*tch and will never ban me.

40-hour spoiler-free preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AssqD-hFhM

All fleshed out previews speak highly of the game so far.

A minute and a half in and he's gushing about this "warmth" the twelve year old has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Supercar Gautier posted:

As far as the voice options in this game go, the female "Mature" voice is obviously top tier. It's not even close.

Yeah, no poo poo that's Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, she loving owns.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Terper posted:

PC doesn't have enough power

If the wiiu emulator gets as much steam as dolphin, I'm sure it will.

They have WW running at like 5fps, but it's barely had any work done on it

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Silver Falcon posted:

I think it's kind of weird all around. Personally, I rarely make a custom character who looks anything like me. I'll make a character I think looks cool, or maybe who looks like a famous person, or a character from a story I like. Do most people make their custom character look as much like themselves as possible? :confused: I find that a little bit weird, but maybe I'm the weird one.

Nope. I either make something I think looks interesting, a bizarre monster that would wish for death were it to actually live or Waluigi.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ometeotl posted:

Nope. I either make something I think looks interesting, a bizarre monster that would wish for death were it to actually live or Waluigi.

Ah, but no need for you to repeat yourself.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
The only custom character I've really tried to make look like myself was the avatar in MGSV. Had a pretty nice payoff imo, considering what Kojima previously had to say about player/character identity in MGS2.

But yeah usually I just try to make like Ganondorf or something or find a preset that I don't hate.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Inflammatory posted:

why are you even still posting here?

Louisgod is pretty alright in my book, friend. :gonk:

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Silver Falcon posted:

I think it's kind of weird all around. Personally, I rarely make a custom character who looks anything like me. I'll make a character I think looks cool, or maybe who looks like a famous person, or a character from a story I like. Do most people make their custom character look as much like themselves as possible? :confused: I find that a little bit weird, but maybe I'm the weird one.

I always make a character based on myself, at least first time playing a game.

Honestly as a blonde stubbled white man it's the only way I can get some representation in games these days,

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'll make the boss from the saints rows

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Yuri Lowenthal is a voice in this game so I will probably make Simon from Gurren Lagann.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
I'd make Parasoul from Skullgirls with Erin Fitzgerald's voice, but...no boob slider. :(

Oh, Cerebella's in the same boat. Unfortunate.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

So is downloading those weird data packs just not available in Europe yet?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

a cartoon duck posted:

So is downloading those weird data packs just not available in Europe yet?

Where do you even find them on the American eshop? I didn't see the packs there even though I read about them being available now. I assume the packs though are for people who intend to buy the disk version. I have the digital version pre-loaded now.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
they're under dlc. and yeah the digital version has them by default.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
All of my characters forever are always based upon my WoW character I created forever ago. I kind of think about it like I created a comic book character or something and now they are my buddy who stars in all my games :unsmith:.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I base my created characters in me somewhat, but, like, a million times cooler.

This time I might just make Shulk, tho.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Is there a youtube playthrough of the first game that shows the last couple of hours with a minimum of dumb talking from the player? I stopped playing at the last Gadolt fight when I realized I'd need to do more grinding but want to see how everything resolves before the next game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Good Citizen posted:

Is there a youtube playthrough of the first game that shows the last couple of hours with a minimum of dumb talking from the player? I stopped playing at the last Gadolt fight when I realized I'd need to do more grinding but want to see how everything resolves before the next game.

Are you just asking for the story? Because you can just type in Xenoblade movie for that.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Tae posted:

Are you just asking for the story? Because you can just type in Xenoblade movie for that.

That seems to have me covered. Thanks chief. Apparently there was more left than I thought.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
here are the comparison load times between no data packs and with the data packs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7lBVaLb0nw

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Just going to dump this terrible thing I did here quickly and leave, bye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qPGXDk23mE

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 16, 2015

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
thanks, it reminded me greatly of my dead grandmother

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is a good video.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Having the datapacks seems pretty required. In some cases the load time is about 10 seconds shorter.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Having the datapacks seems pretty required. In some cases the load time is about 10 seconds shorter.

speaking as a person who suffered/suffers through abysmal loading bullshit from Bloodborne, Witcher, Fallout 4, and so on, 10 seconds more is a pittance to me but I'd download it. Not sure how much space I have for them though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It sounds like this game requires an external hard drive. If you dont have one then you won't be able to install the packs.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the digital version is supposed to have the packs included with it, and i was able to install it. probably wouldn't work if you have any other big digital games though. i was just barely able to fit it with splatoon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This coming friday is two weeks to go until launch. Really cannot wait for this game. Been excited for it for a couple years now.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I said come in! posted:

This coming friday is two weeks to go until launch. Really cannot wait for this game. Been excited for it for a couple years now.

:yeah:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I said come in! posted:

It sounds like this game requires an external hard drive. If you dont have one then you won't be able to install the packs.

isn't it like less than 10gb combined? I have like 17 gigs free, I don't think it's a big deal

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

isn't it like less than 10gb combined? I have like 17 gigs free, I don't think it's a big deal

Okay thats not too bad for the packs. The full digital version was like 22GB.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Okay thats not too bad for the packs. The full digital version was like 22GB.

I'm getting the CD version, I can't imagine getting anything digital like that without an external.

Is it just me or have they not said how many team members you get in the game? All I've seen is the player, Elma, and Anime Freak. Do you get another main characters or just make others on your own?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I bought a 1tb ehd so I could finally get SSBWIIU and stuff, since I only had about 2gb free out of 32gb (really 25gb) anyways I figured.

Should be more than enough space for literally everything on the wii shop.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

MinibarMatchman posted:

Is it just me or have they not said how many team members you get in the game? All I've seen is the player, Elma, and Anime Freak. Do you get another main characters or just make others on your own?

from what i've heard there are other party members, but elma and lin are the only ones with any real presence in the plot.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm getting the CD version, I can't imagine getting anything digital like that without an external.

A quick glance says there's about eight "main" characters besides the protagonist, and like ten or eleven side characters that you can recruit by doing affinity quests.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 16, 2015

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
can you download the game right now?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

A quick glance says there's about eight "main" characters besides the protagonist, and like ten or eleven side characters that you can recruit.

great, can't wait to either dump lin or put a loving bag over her head

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
you can, excellent.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AfroLine posted:

you can, excellent.

Yep, been available for pre-load for a few days now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm hoping it unlocks the morning of 12/4 instead of the evening of 12/4. It's sometimes unclear about what time they're talking about when people say "midnight".

• Locked thread