Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Go Fish! in Petone has pretty good burgers but I wouldn't bother driving all the way from Wellington just to get some - I don't think they even put pickles on them.

Also Sun Harvest bread and butter cucumbers are the best, don't be fooled by Golden Sun's similar labelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

and a poster with all the fish on it

A legal requirement in NZ for a chippie

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Needs to have the original Maori names as well.

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

Aside from being distasteful, the weapons conference is arguably illegal under NZ law. The principal sponsor Lockheed Martin developed Trident and other nuclear weapons.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

fartmanteau posted:

Aside from being distasteful, the weapons conference is arguably illegal under NZ law. The principal sponsor Lockheed Martin developed Trident and other nuclear weapons.

The term is Retroactively Legal, now.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I look at all the terrible things in the news at the moment and wonder which thing the NZ thread is having a debate about, low and behold you're all still talking about loving burgers.

This is why we can't have nice things!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Dragonstoned posted:

I look at all the terrible things in the news at the moment and wonder which thing the NZ thread is having a debate about, low and behold you're all still talking about loving burgers.

What's your favourite fast food burger?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
I like the filet o' fihs

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I posted it in the PYF Burger thread

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
That's this thread though?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dragonstoned posted:

I'm honestly just suffering from The World Is poo poo fatigue. Something good needs to happen before I can switch back on to discussing the bad things as if they can ever change.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dragonstoned posted:

Post your favourite burger and/or takeaway place, and your stance on pickles or GTFO.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Goddamnit now I'm hearing the song again

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

In the face of such horror and inhumanity you can choose the path of despair or revenge, or you can choose to live, beautifully, burger in hand.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

I'm honestly just suffering from The World Is poo poo fatigue. Something good needs to happen before I can switch back on to discussing the bad things as if they can ever change.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

In the face of such horror and inhumanity you can choose the path of despair or revenge, or you can choose to live, beautifully, burger in hand.

This.

Someone needs to go to the arms conference and walk around eating a burger now.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I wish the plums were still blossoming, their scent really makes me chill.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

Goddamnit now I'm hearing the song again

Here, let me help you with that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5CX_NCf8Ow

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Literally the most common request at any burger place anywhere in the world is "no pickles"

I don't want a pickle.

I just want to ride on my motorsickle.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I have had no TV for several years so I've literally never seen this ad. I'm now going to savour the delicious pleasure of not watching that video and remaining ignorant.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
The song is at least 20 years old by now, surely

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
That ad was on when I was in primary school.

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating

You can buy them from United fisheries - I had one hanging up in my classroom (I had no other ideas about where to hang up a poster of fish)

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Slavvy posted:

I have had no TV for several years so I've literally never seen this ad. I'm now going to savour the delicious pleasure of not watching that video and remaining ignorant.
Are you also a vegan, atheist or crossfitter?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I stopped watching TV when Futurama and MXC was cancelled.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
I have a tv but it only plays the tv I want it to through the internet

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

swampland posted:

Same.

My republic is really good btw you guys

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Despite everything I have said about burgers, I for reals believe that the mcdonald's double cheeseburger is the perfect simple cheeseburger. Its the right amount of fat, meat, and bun. I legit like the kiwiburger as well, along with the big mac, neither of those are even in the same league as better burgers - like motherfucking Ekim burgers - but there is just something about those two burgs I dunno....

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
I love burgers but they don't love me.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The thing that people like about McDs is that you know exactly what you're gonna get no matter where you go. If you order a cheese burger it's gonna taste like a McDonald's cheese burger no matter where you are on the planet. That kind of thing is something people flock to because they don't want to waste money chancing something new when they could just get the thing they know is gonna be what they know and like.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Who else feels BurgerFuel has gone massively downhill in recent years?

klen dool posted:

Despite everything I have said about burgers, I for reals believe that the mcdonald's double cheeseburger is the perfect simple cheeseburger. Its the right amount of fat, meat, and bun. I legit like the kiwiburger as well, along with the big mac, neither of those are even in the same league as better burgers - like motherfucking Ekim burgers - but there is just something about those two burgs I dunno....

This is bullshit because BK double cheese burgers are far superior to Maccas cheeseburgers as 4am drunk food.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It has seen a marked decrease in quality since they started looking offshore.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Who else feels BurgerFuel has gone massively downhill in recent years?

The meat quality had gone wayyyyyyyyyyy downhill, yep.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

you guys shouldnt eat meat its bad

there, burger chat over

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
gently caress that, our ancestors didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat carrots.

Assert your dominance over the nature

eat the meat

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

El Pollo Blanco posted:

This is bullshit because BK double cheese burgers are far superior to Maccas cheeseburgers as 4am drunk food.

I was so sad when BK stopped selling those burgers that were just beef, BBQ sauce and onions. They were $2 or $3 or something.

I should really just make them myself. But when I'm making my own I tend to make burgers with a kumara patty. Kumara burgers are so good.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Are you also a vegan, atheist or crossfitter?

Veganism is retarded, crossfit sends my missus into a blind rage. Didn't realise being an atheist was a bad thing but ok.

But it's mostly this:

swampland posted:

And I still barely watch it cause there's more stimulating poo poo to do.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Slavvy posted:

And I still barely watch it cause there's more stimulating poo poo to do.

Like posting on an internet forum.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Perhaps, but not to the sober burger connoisseur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

fong posted:

you guys shouldnt eat meat its bad

there, burger chat over

Vegetables are what food eats

• Locked thread