Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Wanamingo posted:

Courtesy of the worst things for sale

This girl's hair reminds me of my grade school friend's youngest sister. Their mom didn't really do much for them, but for some reason, the youngest daughter (5ish) had to have hair down to her waist. Mom was pretty much consumed by dial-up internet chatrooms and for an entire summer, she didn't realize that her daughter's hair was in a permanent bun on top of her head. It was so bad that it had dreaded together and started to smell. They had to nearly buzz her head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

You need your skin to live.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
How about a skateboarding video where any freude is not from the guy on the board?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqlrru1V69E

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bip Roberts posted:

You need your skin to live.

time to cover her in life saving parasites

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Wanamingo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drjMNHqMNU

400 pts for posting this because I bought a big pack of these today for Xmas for my daughter. I think I'll give them to my awful cousin's kids instead now. I'll go for those weird Qixel things I've been avoiding all year instead because I don't think they'll nest in her hair.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Wanamingo posted:

That is amazing. They basically made a toy version of cockle burrs. I have spent hours of my life getting cockle burrs out of horse manes and dog tails. The trick is to spray them down with wd-40 so they are slick and then comb them out.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Atticus_1354 posted:

The trick is to spray them down with wd-40 so they are slick and then comb them out.

Yeah, that's what their official video says to do, mostly, except with conditioner/olive oil.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Atticus_1354 posted:

That is amazing. They basically made a toy version of cockle burrs. I have spent hours of my life getting cockle burrs out of horse manes and dog tails. The trick is to spray them down with wd-40 so they are slick and then comb them out.

Is that actually safe? Because holy poo poo we get these tiny little rear end in a top hat plants that are like, tiny pea-sized versions of those and my cat loves to roll in them and just come in covered. It's like a loving cartoon character that falls on a cactus and is instantly coated in head to toe in needles, except with tiny spike balls. Getting them out of his fur is a nightmare.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot posted:

Is that actually safe? Because holy poo poo we get these tiny little rear end in a top hat plants that are like, tiny pea-sized versions of those and my cat loves to roll in them and just come in covered. It's like a loving cartoon character that falls on a cactus and is instantly coated in head to toe in needles, except with tiny spike balls. Getting them out of his fur is a nightmare.

Use food grade oil, you don't want your cat licking a bunch of wd40 out of its fur.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Nuebot posted:

These could be another similar plant, burdocks - as a kid we found them all over the place in upstate NY, usually they'd just stick to our clothes whenever we played in the woods or went camping. Pretty sure they're not dangerous, just more annoying than anything.

Bonus content from Wiki:

quote:

After taking his dog for a walk one day in the early 1940s, George de Mestral, a Swiss inventor, became curious about the seeds of the burdock plant that had attached themselves to his clothes and to the dog's fur. Under a microscope, he looked closely at the hook system that the seeds use to hitchhike on passing animals aiding seed dispersal, and he realized that the same approach could be used to join other things together. The result of his studies was Velcro.[7]

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Nuebot posted:

Use food grade oil as has been mentioned or you could look for cowboy magic. I think that is nontoxic and would probably be safer. It works well, but isn't worth the cost for the horses when WD40 works well too.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Is cowboy magic buttfucking lube.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Frostwerks posted:

Is cowboy magic buttfucking lube.

No, you're thinking of gun oil

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Atticus_1354 posted:

isn't worth the cost for the horses when WD40 works well too.

I use WD-40 on a daily basis at work, and in such a capacity as to have never even imagined its potential use as horse-mane lube.

Also, I'm the horse which spends a substantial amount of its time huffing WD-40 fumes.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB0lXPiJ_pk

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Things I didn't need to learn this week #1. :gonk:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Nice "Million Dollar Baby" remake at the 0:54 mark...

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHfD3QYDUAI

mcbexx posted:

Nice "Million Dollar Baby" remake at the 0:54 mark...

Yeah that looked painful.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

kinmik posted:

The entire quintet getting up and playing into that one guy's ear was pretty great, but I lost it at the guy sneezing into his brass.

I recognise them and the venue! That's at Covent Garden in London, and yeah, they would run around while playing, and if people were on their phones they'd run up to them in a bunch like that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rondette posted:

Here is some nice benign 'freude. The hosed up wedding marches get me every time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPA31kvEUyY

That beginning was the Portsmouth Sinfonia doing an experiment: everyone swapped instruments and tried to play as well as they could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJ6anurfuw

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Say Nothing posted:

Now I'm an alcoholic.

She ain't won yet. Keep drinking son.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Someone linked me to this thread from the IT forums because of what just happened, so here's my contribution to a thread I've never read!

My girlfriend's car got "broken into" last night/this morning, and by that I mean she left it unlocked on the streets of Chicago. What did the criminal make it away with? Her change holder, because clearly pocketing the change would have been too difficult at the time, and the $3 in change that was in it. What did we make it away with? His non-screenlocked phone. His phone is also hooked up to his PUBLIC facebook account and email. So, we have his name and TONS of incriminating evidence of him with multiple bags of weed (he's a dealer it seems) and thoroughly enjoys posting pictures TO FACEBOOK with 4-6 bags (probably ounces) of weed and plenty of pictures of him smoking said weed.

This fine gentleman also has a fairly recent possession arrest on record with Cook County.

GF filed a report, they told her to not touch the phone anymore, and we're awaiting them to pick it up. If things do not progress well enough, my cousin is a Chicago police officer and I'm sure he'd love to hear about this and nail this idiot to the wall. I've also got a brother-in-law that is a door knocker for the SWAT that works our area, they specifically handle narcotics, so I'm sure he'll get a kick out of this even if he can't handle it himself.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MF_James posted:

I've also got a brother-in-law that is a door knocker for the SWAT that works our area, they specifically handle narcotics, so I'm sure he'll get a kick out of this even if he can't handle it himself.

Honestly, I'd be afraid SWAT would kill the guy.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

chitoryu12 posted:

Send an anonymous letter to the guy's pets and tell them to go out of town for a few days

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

chitoryu12 posted:

Eh I doubt it, although the guy does have a few pictures of guns (one of which I KNOW is illegal to possess) on his facebook account. I'm sure he doesn't own any of them legally.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MF_James posted:

Someone linked me to this thread from the IT forums because of what just happened, so here's my contribution to a thread I've never read!

My girlfriend's car got "broken into" last night/this morning, and by that I mean she left it unlocked on the streets of Chicago. What did the criminal make it away with? Her change holder, because clearly pocketing the change would have been too difficult at the time, and the $3 in change that was in it. What did we make it away with? His non-screenlocked phone. His phone is also hooked up to his PUBLIC facebook account and email. So, we have his name and TONS of incriminating evidence of him with multiple bags of weed (he's a dealer it seems) and thoroughly enjoys posting pictures TO FACEBOOK with 4-6 bags (probably ounces) of weed and plenty of pictures of him smoking said weed.

This fine gentleman also has a fairly recent possession arrest on record with Cook County.

GF filed a report, they told her to not touch the phone anymore, and we're awaiting them to pick it up. If things do not progress well enough, my cousin is a Chicago police officer and I'm sure he'd love to hear about this and nail this idiot to the wall. I've also got a brother-in-law that is a door knocker for the SWAT that works our area, they specifically handle narcotics, so I'm sure he'll get a kick out of this even if he can't handle it himself.

Should lie and say he took a PS4 or something. He'll definitely have one and it can now be yours. Steal from the thieves!

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

MF_James posted:

Dumb Chicago thief.

I also live in Chicago and had $1.75 of laundry quarters stolen from my car because I left it open.

Another Chicago schadenfreude story courtesy first of Reddit.

Guy posts because his friend was assaulted in Lakeview on Friday night. Context is that Lakeview contains both Wrigley Field as well as the bulk of the city's gay nightlife and during the past year has been experiencing a big uptick in violent crime as well as a lot of white, upper middle-class families who have moved in to the Gayborhood since it's all nice and stuff now. They are pissed that people are getting stabbed in the street and are blaming it on "gang violence" aka black people.

Kid turns up in the hospital, friend decides to blame it on a mugging gone wrong and it turns out he was just a drunk idiot who was running and fell on the sidewalk. His GoFundMe is going well, though.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

MF_James posted:

Eh I doubt it, although the guy does have a few pictures of guns (one of which I KNOW is illegal to possess) on his facebook account. I'm sure he doesn't own any of them legally.

So...how does that mean the SWAT guys probably won't end up shooting him? :raise:

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

So...how does that mean the SWAT guys probably won't end up shooting him? :raise:

that's what although was there for.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://imgur.com/gallery/c4oY3zA

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

The second guy is kind of a dumbass.

More-so after the head-on collision.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

Chemistry 101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq-qngvz9N0

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

From the Dangerous Chemicals thread:

President Ark posted:

i vaguely recall a case where a shipment of these things [radiation sources] for medical imaging technology or something was stolen in (mexico?), was covered in warning labels, and the thieves were told that they were dumbshits, they still took it, and were found all dead of radiation poisoning in the desert a few days later or something

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

What a loving anthead. I hope his house burned down due to his stupidity.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

What a loving anthead. I hope his house burned down due to his stupidity.

Counterpoint: I am now really committed to finding a way to safely hold a transparent container which appears to be full of pure radiance in my hand.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

AlphaKretin posted:

From the Dangerous Chemicals thread:

i was googling because i was wondering what the hell the actual details of that were and found this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/mexican-thieves-stole-truck-carrying-radioactive-material-die-article-1.1538219

basically they stole the truck, opened the cargo because they didn't know what the hell it was, and probably got a lethal dose from that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://youtu.be/x8AEyqb50l0