Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Mirror universe sounding pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Germstore posted:

Mirror universe sounding pretty good.

That's why Smiley stays there.
Gets more action than the proper universe.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mirror universe Janeway probably has a head full of box braids and wears vintage thrift with workboots.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
Also she has a cat not a dog and instead of being all into science and poo poo, she's better known as Vedek Janeway Kathryn and has really really good hair

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

BottledBodhisvata posted:

God drat this episode where Nog and Vic Fontaine deal with his PTSD is so loving good.

Vic Fontaine was excellent

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

happyhippy posted:

That's why Smiley stays there.
Gets more action than the proper universe.

and at the end of the day he goes home to his loving, warm, supportive wife

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Howard Beale posted:

and at the end of the day he goes home to his loving, warm, supportive wife

The mirror universe is the worst version of EVERYONE in the entire universe.
Except for Miles O'Brien.
It's his perfect universe.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Rip mirror odo

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Rip mirror odo

Rip? More like 'kaboom'.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Mirror universe Janeway was captain of the starship that brought Star Trek mainstream and boosted it's popularity to new unseen before heights that made people view TNG in the same way that TOS is viewed today.

Pretty universally loved by both fans and critics, it broke boundaries and set an ever high bar for the next series to attempt to beat and would forever be seen as a high point of star trek.

Just kidding, not even in infinite alternative dimensions was Voyager ever that good.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I just remembered Vic Fontaine was a real dude and not a hologram in the mirror universe and :wtc: was up with that

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

sinking belle posted:

I just remembered Vic Fontaine was a real dude and not a hologram in the mirror universe and :wtc: was up with that

Well there are infinite universes so anything that can happen does happen somewhere, so technically you can have a bizarro evil Federation universe where a guy was born looking like Vic Fontaine and called Vic Fontaine.

Its best not to think about it though, otherwise you're going to wonder why all the main characters are in the exact same jobs in the evil universe, despite the fact the terrain empire doesn't promote people for the same reasons the Federation does.

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
They named the show "Star Trek: The Next Generation". It only just occurred to me how utterly terrible and 80s that name is.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
And inaccurate. It's like four generations later. The Next Generation should have been a ship crewed by half-alien Kirk offspring.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's hard to think of a decent name for a new post-TNG Enterprise show, really.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Star Trek:The College Years is set at the academy.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

sinking belle posted:

wasn't he a robot? I thought he exploded in a shower of sparks

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

MikeJF posted:

It's hard to think of a decent name for a new post-TNG Enterprise show, really.

If current trends continue, they'll just call it Star Trek.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

If current trends continue, they'll just call it Star Trek.

I'm sure they will. So dull.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

You should be so lucky, its going to be @STrek #Wrp9 and you know it.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
The episode where Garak is addicted to Cardassian mind implant drugs and Bashir has to help him work through withdrawal symptoms was pretty good

Pretty much anything with Garak is good actually

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Star Trek: New Millennium

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Star Trek: The Warp Awakens

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Star Trek: Attack of the Bones

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
So who was that morose long-faced alien dude at the bar in many of the Star Trek films?

He was a hundred thousand years old, he had gotten drunk in every bar in the Universe, and he knew every joke that had ever been told?
Now that's dedication to a goal.

The ultimate Charles Bukowski.

E: even the Spoonhead and the Elephant.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 16, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
StarTrek

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Star Trek: DSV

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
STTNG: Miami

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
S
TREK
A
R

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
</startrek>

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Luigi Thirty posted:

To be fair that also happens with a lot of not-robots that get shot with phasers too

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Iprazochrome posted:

They named the show "Star Trek: The Next Generation". It only just occurred to me how utterly terrible and 80s that name is.

The new Trek should be The Millennial Generation.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Star Trek: The Television Series

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Luigi Thirty posted:

Nah, he has a big bloody scorch mark in his chest. He's also a random dual-pistol wielding bad rear end, and no further explanation is given for his presence, it is wonderful.

Evil Kira is great but goddamn somebody needs to just SHOOT her now. How many times does she walk past the heroes with a gun, there's a standoff, and then somebody lets her go? I mean, seriously people!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Nah, he has a big bloody scorch mark in his chest. He's also a random dual-pistol wielding bad rear end, and no further explanation is given for his presence, it is wonderful.

Evil Kira is great but goddamn somebody needs to just SHOOT her now. How many times does she walk past the heroes with a gun, there's a standoff, and then somebody lets her go? I mean, seriously people!

Blake's 7 did that kind of thing several times with Servalan, too.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Would you shoot that booty? :colbert:

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Monkey Fracas posted:

The episode where Garak is addicted to Cardassian mind implant drugs and Bashir has to help him work through withdrawal symptoms was pretty good

Pretty much anything with Garak is good actually

In the Pale Moonlight and The Visitor are probably my two favorite non-ferengi episodes (of which all are amazing).

I do have to say though that Neelix makes a pretty good Proxy of the Nagus, though.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm sad because I think this is going to be the last Mirror Universe episode and those have been consistently the best episodes of their seasons.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Commodore Sisko's Celebrity Comedy Hour.

Worf is his McMahon. They just abuse their leadership of Section 31 to transport modern celebrities to their show and interview them, then kick them out when they're boring. Like Space Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Blake's 7 did that kind of thing several times with Servalan, too.

Blake's 7 is more entertaining than any space show made since BSG and I'm only 3 episodes in

• Locked thread