Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP Mickey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (November 14, 1950)

Barnaby (April 21, 1942)

Krazy Kat (February 10, 1929)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Now we're talking!

Devil for next Phantom anyone?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Now we're talking!

Devil for next Phantom anyone?

*for the ghost who is taken to walks

edit to add this favorite:

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 16, 2015

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

SynthOrange posted:

RIP Mickey.

Yeah :rip:

It was a fun run, hope you all enjoyed the comic!

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Big Nate

Frazz

Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Cul de Sac

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (September 17, 1928)

Peanuts (November 18, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

When I was griping back in the summer about not seeing what Pete and Darin were up to, I did not want to see them in goddamn Lust For Lisa studio.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (April 9-10, 1928)

Thimble Theater (June 4, 1929)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (June 4, 1929)

Up until today, I would never have guessed that Dragon Ball Z was based on Popeye.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well I'm glad Castor had the balls to pull the trigger at least.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set knows a bargain when they see it.

Working Daze argh loving hell with the "popular nerd thing" references!

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix got angry over nothing.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

Why mothers get grey... "My child is a monkey-faced goblin."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

^^Haha I think there could be some more funny stuff to find in OOW/FC edits

Aardmania posted:

The King Features anniversary supplement has started to appear in newspapers. I haven't found a paper copy of it yet, but there are a few online versions kicking around. It does seem to have some of the same comics as the 100th anniversary book.

Part One
Part Two

This site has an option to convert this to a PDF if you choose to save it.
Thanks for this. I was looking for this in my Washington Post Sunday and I couldn't find it. Maybe I missed it, or maybe they aren't participating for some reason. I'm glad I can at least read it now. I couldn't find a pdf option but saving it as a pic worked for me.

F Minus has ventured into Zits territory today

Mary Worth

Mary's looking at Olive's mom like "Whoa are you coming on to me?"

Rand Brittain posted:

This whole corporate takeover plot in Rex Morgan reminds me of Umberto Eco's descriptions of fascism and how it consistently describes its enemies as being both terrifyingly powerful and ludicrously powerless.

Mr. Avery, Jr.'s threat to sell the company is both so dangerous that it justifies shutting the entire company down and locking everybody out of the system, and so weak that all Avery has to do is show up and ask a few easy questions and it folds.

Wow, I might even loathe this strip more than Dustin.
It's not getting better.

Rex Morgan MD

This is like an episode of the Twilight Zone where everything is wrong and the one guy who knows it is losing his mind.

Secret Agent X-9

X-9 lives by the philosophy that, no matter what happens, there is no reason to unbutton your double-breasted suit jacket.

Apartment 3-G

Writer: "Hey let's begin our final week with a time jump and then two secondary characters talking about a third secondary character."
Artist: "Great! Oh and I'll change the look of one of those yet again from fully white haired to just white on the sides!"
--Scene from "A Canceled Comic Strip"

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 16, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
In the modern digital age there is no reason to discontinue the strip just because it off cancelled. Should I continue it? I have no experience.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Living, eating, breathing all things Star Wars is literally one Rebel Alliance t-shirt.

Giggidy.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I can't think of a reason why this thread shouldn't take over A3-G once it's abandoned by the syndicate.

Outland

Ripley's

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I've hit the Big Time Comix!

Pooch Café

I wonder how many people know this scene only from references to it in other media vs people who have actually seen the movie Say Anything. It's got to be like 100:1 at this point.

Ballard Street

drat, those are some high-energy moves, and so tight together! That kind of choreography can cause serious injury, these guys aren't loving around.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Honestly, I've been kind of cold on this chapter because I want to get back to the main story, but then I realised that it's a reason for Kory Merritt to draw a bunch of weird stuff, and that's okay.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

EasyEW posted:

Skippy (September 17, 1928)

Can some expert on old-timey offices explain this one for me? From context, I'm guessing the 'little blue pencil sharpener' was actually some kind of gizmo they used to use to summon messengers?

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

I still have no idea who or what Margo is. Are we Margo??

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

We are all Margo.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

root posted:

Why mothers get grey... "My child is a monkey-faced goblin."

Quoting these both because they are equally funny and disturbing, even if in different ways. Got to give :stonkhat: to root for Out of our circus!

edit: you should send that edit to Jeff Keane, I bet he'd appreciate it!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Scroto Baggins posted:

I still have no idea who or what Margo is. Are we Margo??

Did they fix whatever was wrong with that one lady? What's happening?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I am honestly surprised the art shows them indoors.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
September 21-26

Safe Havens

Dustin

On the Fastrack

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Trilobite posted:

Can some expert on old-timey offices explain this one for me? From context, I'm guessing the 'little blue pencil sharpener' was actually some kind of gizmo they used to use to summon messengers?

I did some reading. The little blue pencil sharpener would be the local link for the telegraph. It would trigger a circuit in a nearby office and summon a messenger boy, who would collect the hand written message and deliver it to the telegraph operator to send across the system.

Persisted in some places until post WW2, apparently.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

goatface posted:

I did some reading. The little blue pencil sharpener would be the local link for the telegraph. It would trigger a circuit in a nearby office and summon a messenger boy, who would collect the hand written message and deliver it to the telegraph operator to send across the system.

Persisted in some places until post WW2, apparently.

http://storiedsalvage.com/products/western-union-messenger-boy-call-box?variant=1050570955

It does kind of look like a pencil sharpener.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Say what you will about Bolle, but I dont think anyone expected this little twist.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Evil Mastermind posted:

We are all Margo.

Are we not goons? We are Mar-go.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

greatn posted:

In the modern digital age there is no reason to discontinue the strip just because it off cancelled. Should I continue it? I have no experience.

Darthemed posted:

I can't think of a reason why this thread shouldn't take over A3-G once it's abandoned by the syndicate.
This is an excellent idea.

Transmodiar posted:

On the Fastrack
Holbrook is complaining about unrealistic computer stuff in fiction? :ironicat:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Just when I think Holbrook's "personified computer things" shtick can't get any dumber, he goes and proves me wrong. Bravo.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts: Year Three (September 3-6, 1953)

Back To B.C.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Johnny Walker posted:

^^Haha I think there could be some more funny stuff to find in OOW/FC edits

I am all for this.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

:stare:

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

He's right, though :confused:

Andertoons

Inspector Danger

And what if one of them happens to have a kid, inspector? You can't just go around assuming things like that.

Deep Dark Fears

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

greatn posted:

Find a way.

It's late and I'm too tired to post all my comics, but I'm sure everybody's itching to find out what the deal with Prudence is, so I'm at least going to put an end to all your suspense and post Luann.

...Or we can just drag this bullshit out for another week. Whatevs. (I'm actually pleasantly surprised that at least it's pointless padding within the same storyline. I was certain that today we'd switch over to Brad and Toni or Bernice or loving Gunther or somebody else irrelevant.)

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (November 15, 1950)

Barnaby (April 22, 1942)

Krazy Kat (February 17, 1929)

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert