Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Last night, a non-goon friend and I were racing in the B class hoppers and Brands Hatch came up as one of the two vote tracks. Because people suck, they voted for random instead. The random we got?

Nordschleife. In the rain :unsmigghh:

Over half of the lobby quit out before the race was done. That's karma for voting against Brands Hatch, fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got an Xbox One as a gift, this system is garbage but I couldn't resist getting the ultimate edition of Forza 6. :kiddo: my screen name is still the same as back in the Forza 4 days, omgitsbees.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
Alright butts, what's going to be the next timetrial?

Also in the end I failed to get a 2:21 which is not ok

Spades fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 14, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I will reiterate my suggestion of Chaparral 2E on Watkins Glen Full Alt since it's a car that is really fun and a track that is really fun.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I second his suggestions

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
Up to you BCRock - What do you want to do for the next week? Going to run with a draw or thread suggestions, et al?

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Let's do Cubey's 2E on Watkins since he's so adamant about it. I'll update the form/sheet tomorrow.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Yessssss, thank you :unsmith:

I guess that means I should actually start participating in these now

e: 2:24.057 on Bugatti, lost a good half second in the first corner but if I ran another lap of this track I was gonna be hanging by a rope from my ceiling fan

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Nov 14, 2015

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
Going to give the Chap a try tomorrow if I get the time. It's on the far opposite end of cars that I usually drive so it should be interesting getting used to it. Did a ten minute taste run earlier and it seems pretty predictable, just everything happening at five times the usual speed makes it a bit less precise.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

B class is my comfort zone so the 2E is a little above my usual cars as well, but it's just so responsive and well-behaved. It's a very easy R class car to approach and it's a joy to drive at the limit. It's all the more impressive that I like the car so much considering I generally find race cars to be the least interesting thing to drive in Forza.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's discouraging to get beat by an AI called Hump Dump.

[edit]
Why did Turn-10 change the single player into what it is now? It was perfect in FM4, this new single career is really bad.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 14, 2015

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I said come in! posted:

I got an Xbox One as a gift, this system is garbage but I couldn't resist getting the ultimate edition of Forza 6. :kiddo: my screen name is still the same as back in the Forza 4 days, omgitsbees.

It's okay, we know you're here because Gran Turismo has been a dumpster fire for a decade

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

It's okay, we know you're here because Gran Turismo has been a dumpster fire for a decade

You are a big meanie, but playing GT6 on PS3 was getting to be too much.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I said come in! posted:

You are a big meanie, but playing GT6 on PS3 was getting to be too much.

I just keep my 360 around for College Slave Labor Football 2014, I feel your pain on that one. God I hope they find a way to make that BC on the XBone.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I just got yelled at online for my ISIS sponsored Lancia.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

geeves posted:

I just got yelled at online for my ISIS sponsored Lancia.

that one time i showed up for a race with a Saudi flag emblem and my gamertag (invadefrancenow)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

I just keep my 360 around for College Slave Labor Football 2014, I feel your pain on that one. God I hope they find a way to make that BC on the XBone.

BC Forza 4 would be really nice, it should be doable because of the lack of officially licensed music. FM4's soundtrack is all made in-house at Turn-10. FM2 and 3 is never gonna happen though.

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?

I said come in! posted:

BC Forza 4 would be really nice, it should be doable because of the lack of officially licensed music. FM4's soundtrack is all made in-house at Turn-10. FM2 and 3 is never gonna happen though.

Perhaps, but Dirt 3 has officially licensed music and is available. There's not much point though in my opinion, Xbox One wheels don't work with Xbox 360 games in backwards compatibility.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FAILURE posted:

Perhaps, but Dirt 3 has officially licensed music and is available. There's not much point though in my opinion, Xbox One wheels don't work with Xbox 360 games in backwards compatibility.

Oooh right, I forgot about that. Yeah without 360 wheel support though, some of these games wouldn't be nearly as fun. Although I played Forza 4 exclusively with the gamepad.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

I said come in! posted:

Sup homie. Glad to see you're done with the weeaboo console and GT5 :D

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

robotsinmyhead posted:

Sup homie. Glad to see you're done with the weeaboo console and GT5 :D

Gran Turismo Sport comes out early next year. :colbert:

Is there a way to stop Forza from giving me Drivatars without going offline? Even on the lowest difficulty setting the game keeps giving me one or two drivatars that are way beyond my skill level and that I cannot beat. If I go offline though then it reverts to normal in-game AI which becomes too easy even on the hardest settings. I still like the career better in Forza 4. :/ It was open and the AI was more balanced. This is a really weird new system T10 created.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

I said come in! posted:

Is there a way to stop Forza from giving me Drivatars without going offline? Even on the lowest difficulty setting the game keeps giving me one or two drivatars that are way beyond my skill level and that I cannot beat. If I go offline though then it reverts to normal in-game AI which becomes too easy even on the hardest settings. I still like the career better in Forza 4. :/ It was open and the AI was more balanced. This is a really weird new system T10 created.

That particular thing has been a problem since day one. They "fixed" it, and it's still happening.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I said come in! posted:

The problem is actually worse on lower difficulty settings

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Norns posted:

The problem is actually worse on lower difficulty settings

What setting would you recommend if I am a super scrub bad? I haven't played Forza since FM4 and this game is much more challenging but a lot more realistic. I love it a lot so far, just that career mode is weird, but the rest is rock solid.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
I'm playing on Above Average in the lower spec races and Average in the race car specs. I don't find it difficult except for the Superman cars and it's loving stupid. I'm usually lapping the back markers on most tracks and struggling to beat/losing to the fastest car.

I would love to turn the difficulty up and be in the mix with the AI a bit more, but it's not worth it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I said come in! posted:

What setting would you recommend if I am a super scrub bad? I haven't played Forza since FM4 and this game is much more challenging but a lot more realistic. I love it a lot so far, just that career mode is weird, but the rest is rock solid.

Im using above average, Superman car seems to happen less. Also just worry about podium finishes, all you need to advance.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Suuuuure it does! :v:
Welcome back, ISCI!.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

BCRock posted:

Let's do Cubey's 2E on Watkins since he's so adamant about it. I'll update the form/sheet tomorrow.

FYI, the entry form and results sheet are updated for the new spec:

Entry form: http://goo.gl/forms/WXZq6fAyTp
Results: https://goo.gl/CpHIeL

Chaparral 2E on Watkins Glen Full Alt.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Suuuuure it does! :v:
Welcome back, ISCI!.

I think it's actually the beta test, so at least PD is being honest this time about the state of their releases. :v:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BCRock posted:

FYI, the entry form and results sheet are updated for the new spec:

Entry form: http://goo.gl/forms/WXZq6fAyTp
Results: https://goo.gl/CpHIeL

Chaparral 2E on Watkins Glen Full Alt.

01:46.851 so far. Lap after lap I was well ahead of Spades' ghost until the last three corners, I just lose all my time in those three turns every time.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011

Cubey posted:

01:46.851 so far. Lap after lap I was well ahead of Spades' ghost until the last three corners, I just lose all my time in those three turns every time.

Haven't gotten around to setting a flying lap yet - been busy all week with this work I've picked up. The ghost won't be much use since the lines are all terrible - I'll try to run a few laps tomorrow.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
My cars are ready for GTCC's Wednesday night races.

I recreated FauxPas' GTCC Spec Warmup Mustang livery that he made for me in FM4, it is set up with llama slay3r's excellent warm-up tune for the '15 Mustang (the gifted one):

I used this FIAT Abarth 500 from the 2014 Gumball 3000 as my livery template:

... and ended up with this. I've tuned most of the understeer out of it. Still needs some trail-braking to get it to turn in (it's AWD):

This is tonight's spec if you have time to throw a car/tune together by 9:30 EST:

2010+ Rally Cars
Fiesta 2014
Civic 2014
Punto SS 2013
Clio 2013
Veloster 2013
Astra 2013 (not VXR)
TC 2012
Alfa Giulietia 2011
308 GTI 2011
Mazdaspeed3 2010 (Synmoo Curb Crusher)
Clio RS 2010
Fiat 500 2010

Required Modifications
1.6L Engine Rally Swap
Restrictor Plate removed (first option)
AWD drivetrain swap
Roll Cage
Race Brakes
Race Suspension
Race Tires
225-245 width tires

You can fine tune the other weight/rim/height options to get it as close to A700 as possible without going into S.

NO race aero

Track: Indy Gran Prix Classic mini-enduro (25-30min?).

You can find the warm-up Mustang tune by searching GTCC tunes. "gtcc warm up b s"

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 19, 2015

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
You folks will like this.
I shared a :pedo: vinyl (just a bear's head), a re-creation from old racing club days:

Woke up to a week's ban from searching, sharing, or accessing community vinyls. I saw "BANNED MESSAGE" pop up on the screen and read the message. It didn't say from what I was banned or why. I had to google a bit to figure out what happened.
I shared the file as "GTCC P Bear" so it would be easy to find. Oops!

I wonder if it would have been banned if I'd just called it "Ted" or "Bear?" Anyway, lesson learned. Word to the wise, etc.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have the worse driver level spins of anyone in Forza 6.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I have the worse driver level spins of anyone in Forza 6.

My last 20+ spins have been absolutely horse poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

two_beer_bishes posted:

My last 20+ spins have been absolutely horse poo poo.

Okay you may actually have me beat then. What is the level cap? Do you get rewards every single level? In Forza 5 you could go up to level 999 but the rewards stopped at 150.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
There's no cap and you get a spin for every level. Everyone thinks they get the worst spins ever.

I've gone on 20 level streaks where I've gotten nothing but $25K and $50K spins and 20 level streaks where I've gotten $10M worth of cash and cars. It all evens out and is more than likely programmed specifically to do so.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dan Greenawalt liked my comment on Twitter about Maple Valley being my favorite track in any racing game. :kiddo: Going to pretend this means Maple Valley DLC is coming to Forza 6, I really miss that track. :(

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

I said come in! posted:

Dan Greenawalt liked my comment on Twitter about Maple Valley being my favorite track in any racing game. :kiddo: Going to pretend this means Maple Valley DLC is coming to Forza 6, I really miss that track. :(

I think drat near everyone here would agree that that track was a lot of fun. Whoever does the non-real world tracks is good at their job and I pretty much have liked them all in every iteration of FM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
No luck fitting time for the Chap in this week I'm afraid - with my contract getting signed last weekend I've been needing to pull all the overtime in the world.

I'll probably give this round a miss but I'll see about getting a belated time after the initial startup rush is over with.

• Locked thread