Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Neodoomium posted:

Hahaha the Lions somehow won at Lambeau despite being both awful and intentionally trying to lose the game

it was one of the funniest games i've ever watched. i've never seen two teams try to lose harder to the other.

well pack it in lions, we can lose harder :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I legit kinda feel bad for PeyPey

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Is Brock good enough to get them into playoffs?

Maybe if they rest Peyton until then he can have one more salvo at the end.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I turned off the Seahawks/Cardinals after the fumble scoop touchdown and went to bed

Bad decision

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

pasaluki posted:

Fair or not, unless Peyton takes himself out, he'll run that team into the ground before he's benched for Brock.

Eventually we'll get to see it happen to Brady too :ohdear:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Cole posted:

I sorta don't. Part of me thinks one of the bigger reasons he came back was to stat whore all the records he could before he was completely useless.

He had to have known that he wasn't the same QB after the Colts playoff loss.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Peyton is retiring after this year. He has his record, and is presumably richer than god. Why should he care anymore.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Petite Dinklage posted:

I turned off the Seahawks/Cardinals after the fumble scoop touchdown and went to bed

Bad decision

Yeah it was a real fun game

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

because he has the personality of a doorknob and when football is over he will probably kill himself with a papa johns pizza.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

TubeStank posted:

Yeah it was a real fun game

I won't make the same decision tonight, no matter how hard the ball clowns

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

No Butt Stuff posted:

because he has the personality of a doorknob and when football is over he will probably kill himself with a papa johns pizza.

It would rule if he went to Indy and coached. Like offensive coordinator or something.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Assuming Cincy and NE gets the bye (which is obviously presumptuous) the AFC might have some awful teams hosting first round playoff games.

Pittsburgh is going to be a very scary playoff team assuming Ben hasn't become addicted to opiates by then.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Cole posted:

It would rule if he went to Indy and coached. Like offensive coordinator or something.

That'll be like Ted Williams, Hitting Coach

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Goetta posted:

Assuming Cincy and NE gets the bye (which is obviously presumptuous) the AFC might have some awful teams hosting first round playoff games.

Pittsburgh is going to be a very scary playoff team assuming Ben hasn't become addicted to opiates by then.

I hate that football is unpredictable like this, but I watched a team that got clowned by the Steelers receivers with Landry Jones throwing to them beat the Seahawks at home last night & thought awww yeah

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
So all the cowboys need to make the playoffs now is to win out and have the eagles and giants lose 2+. :smithicide:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Chromatic posted:

I sorta don't. Part of me thinks one of the bigger reasons he came back was to stat whore all the records he could before he was completely useless.

He had to have known that he wasn't the same QB after the Colts playoff loss.

The one thing I learned from the otherwise lovely and boring book about the Brady-Manning rivalry that just came out is that Peyton is 100% playing for the regular season records.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

So all the cowboys need to make the playoffs now is to win out and have the eagles and giants lose 2+. :smithicide:

Next on NFL Countdown!

Also, I hear you guys like artful lying down of wood

https://streamable.com/zcvy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FizFashizzle posted:

Next on NFL Countdown!

Also, I hear you guys like artful lying down of wood

https://streamable.com/zcvy

Well, he does lead with his helmet, but he actually wraps up and completes the tackle.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Peyton is retiring after this year. He has his record, and is presumably richer than god. Why should he care anymore.

Peyton wanted 2 things when he came back:
Favre's record and a 2nd ring to tie Eli.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cole posted:

He's got his chicken parm, the all-time passing record, and hundreds of millions of dollars, he'll be alright.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Chilichimp posted:

He's got his chicken parm, the all-time passing record, and hundreds of millions of dollars, he'll be alright.

Plus a ring and he gets to tell people he knows Eli Manning.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If the Packers completely tank or something it would be great if they let Favre throw a couple of passes to regain the record.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

NC-17 posted:

If the Packers completely tank or something it would be great if they let Favre throw a couple of passes to regain the record.

Peyton & Favre start a tradition ala baseball's first pitch as they get wheeled out onto the field every home game to toss a pass or two to break each others records.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
I knew Peyton would never win a ring in Denver the moment Jacoby Jones scored that 70 yard touchdown 3 years ago.
He should just retire so he has more time to make commercials.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

If he damages enough of his nerves he can give himself a phantom hammy whenever he wants

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

chilihead posted:

I knew Peyton would never win a ring in Denver the moment Jacoby Jones scored that 70 yard touchdown 3 years ago.
trigger warning

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Did anyone post this yet?

https://twitter.com/FletcherMackel/status/666057685486338048/video/1

Browner decides to cheapshot a lineman instead of going for the runner, TD scored shortly after.

I loving hate this guy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That Works posted:

Did anyone post this yet?

https://twitter.com/FletcherMackel/status/666057685486338048/video/1

Browner decides to cheapshot a lineman instead of going for the runner, TD scored shortly after.

I loving hate this guy.

Mike Reiss pointed out yesterday that the Patriots defense is currently the least penalized D in the league, after being near the top last year.

~The Browner effect~

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
That's 2 time Super Bowl champion Brandon Browner to you.

His regression has been amazing, apparently Bill Belichick knew what he was doing when he let him walk? :iiam:

Nov 6, 2002

He obviously can be a good player. I don't know that Patriots or Seahawks really unlocked some secret potential in him. I think he's just on a really lovely defense with lovely players and he's handling it very poorly.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

pasaluki posted:

It's Siemian time.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

His regression has been amazing, apparently Bill Belichick knew what he was doing when he let him walk? :iiam:

I think in the right scheme he's close to fine. He jams the poo poo out of bigger receivers and is then okay in coverage, and commits an average of 1 defensive holding call a game.

I mean, let's not forget Belichick tried to replace him with Bradley Fletcher.

Nov 6, 2002

I wonder if New England would have been sniffing out Welker if the Rams hadn't scooped him up.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

It really isn't fair that 4 AFC teams get bye weeks, or that wild card teams are being granted byes for that matter

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sean10mm posted:

Wasn't he suspended for the Seahawks Superbowl?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Basically if you have a really good guy on the other side of the field that doesn't need help (Sherman, Revis) and a very good, rangy safety behind him (Thomas, Chancellor, McCourty) then he can play very physical up front and take some chances with support behind him. In addition, he's playing for teams like the Pats and Seahawks who (well used to anyway) got reputation no calls from the refs, so he could get away with more. And obviously both coaches are telling their players to make the refs throw a flag every play.

Now he doesn't have any of that. The defense is terrible everywhere, all the defensive coaches have checked out, and he's getting exposed.

If they can cut him they will, and he'll end up in like Seattle or carolina with a team friendly prove it deal and play well again. Although please not Carolina because we literally do not have safeties.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

If I were a Giants fan I'd probably want to kill myself irl. That was awful.

I wanted my $.25 Dunkin Donuts coffee this morning. Stupid Giants.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

http://raylehnhoff.github.io/nflschedulepicker/?a=-WapWqmmlmamVppZmllqWqlqZVmqZVamWpaqapZaqaqmWllZVBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA_

Up-to-date. Let me know what ridiculous leaps you made to get your team that last wildcard spot!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

NC-17 posted:

He obviously can be a good player. I don't know that Patriots or Seahawks really unlocked some secret potential in him. I think he's just on a really lovely defense with lovely players and he's handling it very poorly.

He's the worst / most penalized player here and has been from the beginning. He definitely cost us at least one, likely two of our early games.

Maybe he can be good but I haven't seen a moment of it from him and its amazing that he's still playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I somehow managed to make the Chiefs win the AFC West and the Raiders get the 6 seed and vice versa on back to back attempts.

I know it's all overreaction and I rated Denver way too low, but I'm going to soak up the "Denver is done, Peyton is done" vibe for another hour or two.

• Locked thread