Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fabricated posted:

I really super hate the Diamond City Radio DJ and I hope that him being so terrible is because there's a quest to replace him or something

he and his neurotic worrying kind of grows on you after a while

but yeah, if you go to diamond city, if you visit him and the dugout inn, you set off a chain of events that cause him to grow a pair

may require you to come back after doing the initial visit, you know it's starting when a guard tells you to talk to the dudes in the inn

after that he sounds like a goon trying to be all smooth and cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i finished starcraft 2.

goddammit, blizzard.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
oh, is the third installment out?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

video game character design warning sign: lovingly rendered toes

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

duTrieux. posted:

video game character design warning sign: lovingly rendered toes
tell me more

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

duTrieux. posted:

i finished starcraft 2.

goddammit, blizzard.

have you played the epilogue too? That's where it really gets stupid

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i like that sexy zerg lady + really weird gross giant brain-bug-looking deity = sexy angel lady

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Blackula69 posted:

i like that sexy zerg lady + really weird gross giant brain-bug-looking deity = sexy angel lady

lol what

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Bhodi posted:

oh, is the third installment out?

they released it on the same day as fallout, which was smart of them

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
is anyone still playing multiplayer starcraft anyway

blizzard doesn't even have the c team developers anymore, activision gutted them years ago

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

they really stopped caring about the established lore, didn't they

at least be self-consistent

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i want to tear down all the transmission lines around the commonwealth for their delicious copper.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

y'know blizz had a really good opportunity to make a great rts with the starcraft release strategy, they could've done big overhauls with both hots and lotv and really kept the stuff that worked from wol and tried new and different things in the expansions to make the game better

instead, they introduced a few new units in each expansion and tweaked numbers on old units and called it a day

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Shaggar posted:

i want to tear down all the transmission lines around the commonwealth for their delicious copper.

in fo4 i found a giant junkyard and looted everything and then started thinking this exact thing and then i realized that fo4 is actually "midwest simulator 2015"

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

still playing age of empires 2

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also i figured out how to make walls and corners work in shacks. you have to lay down floors first and then the walls snap to the floors. This means you don't need the corner pieces which i guess are actually intended to be reverse corners w/ the outside part being the 90 degree side.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its annoying floors don't snap to old house foundations

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Notorious QIG posted:

y'know blizz had a really good opportunity to make a great rts with the starcraft release strategy, they could've done big overhauls with both hots and lotv and really kept the stuff that worked from wol and tried new and different things in the expansions to make the game better

instead, they introduced a few new units in each expansion and tweaked numbers on old units and called it a day
I maintain that their emphasis and refusal to budge on APM sinks like inject and crono did them in.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bhodi posted:

is anyone still playing multiplayer starcraft anyway

blizzard doesn't even have the c team developers anymore, activision gutted them years ago

turns out you can't recapture lightning in a bottle by just taking a lot of time and money to make a thing

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shaggar posted:

its annoying floors don't snap to old house foundations
snap 2 grid & a birdseye view would be very very nice

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Bhodi posted:

I maintain that their emphasis and refusal to budge on APM sinks like inject and crono did them in.

agreed

raising the skill floor of an already complicated game like starcraft makes it basically impossible for someone to play casually for fun. games like dota and lol are successful because even not knowing anything about the game you can pick the man who looks coolest and go click on things for a bit

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah a birdseye view that also gives you a list of settlers and their current assignments so they can be easily changed would be good

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
so is it like fallout meets animal crossing

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shaggar posted:

yeah a birdseye view that also gives you a list of settlers and their current assignments so they can be easily changed would be good

a birdseye view would be nice but not really necessary, but i cant believe they didnt include a way to check what settlers are assigned to what. even if it's like you have to build a terminal or something just anything to make settler management less awful

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk animal crossing.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Silver Alicorn posted:

so is it like fallout meets animal crossing

it's not yet but you can feel it's definitely got the hooks for a really cool system, if it only just had a little more going on for it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

a birdseye view would be nice but not really necessary, but i cant believe they didnt include a way to check what settlers are assigned to what. even if it's like you have to build a terminal or something just anything to make settler management less awful

if you are in building mode you can mouse over a settler and their assignment will be highlighted but that only works for settlers you can find that are in los of their assignment. its dumb as hell.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Shaggar posted:

idk animal crossing.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I have a Tom Nook amiibo.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
I'm kinda annoyed you still can't do targeted vats when punching people but punching is still cool(so far) so whatevs

also idiot savant goes off a lot

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
is there a red panda character in any of the animal crossings?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

cvgs: got ffxi all set up on the laptop with my DS4
with graphics settings maxed out it actually looks really good, considering its age

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

etrian odyssey untold is 10 bux on the eshop...

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Syncopated posted:

is there a red panda character in any of the animal crossings?

you'd think so but I can't find anything official

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

it's Actually Stupid how Atlus manages to have a fantastic jrpg on sale for ten bux every other week

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Shaggar posted:

yeah, this is pretty necessary. I have a bunch of food planted but I can't find anyone to farm it. it's just so dumb that they didn't think of this, or just ignored how irritating it is so assign stuff

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
just use dwarf therapist

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jenny Agutter posted:

the steam controller is good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
is talos principle worth $50? I thought it would be in the indie price range :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ehh... its a good game. i bough it and the expac for like $25 and its definitely worth that. wait for the steam sale i guess.

• Locked thread