Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

FizFashizzle posted:

Whelp cat bros, looks like it's up to us.

Nods solemnly in agreement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I didn't have to do too much crazy stuff (except dallas going 7-0) for the entire NFC East to end up 9-7 with Dallas winning.

http://raylehnhoff.github.io/nflschedulepicker/?a=-WapWqmmlmamVppZmllqWqlqZVmqZVamWpaqapZaqaqmWllZVBACUAkAIAAACAAARIAAEEhAGCAABAEEAAAAKAA_

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I made Dallas win at 8-8. And the Colts at 7-9.

Tell me that isn't the reality we live in.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/11/new_orleans_saints_to_fire_rob.html#incart_breaking

Rob Ryan out. loving finally.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

FizFashizzle posted:

Basically if you have a really good guy on the other side of the field that doesn't need help (Sherman, Revis) and a very good, rangy safety behind him (Thomas, Chancellor, McCourty) then he can play very physical up front and take some chances with support behind him. In addition, he's playing for teams like the Pats and Seahawks who (well used to anyway) got reputation no calls from the refs, so he could get away with more. And obviously both coaches are telling their players to make the refs throw a flag every play.

Now he doesn't have any of that. The defense is terrible everywhere, all the defensive coaches have checked out, and he's getting exposed.

If they can cut him they will, and he'll end up in like Seattle or carolina with a team friendly prove it deal and play well again. Although please not Carolina because we literally do not have safeties.

Imagine if Josh Norman had actual safety help. :fap:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

three posted:

Imagine if Josh Norman had actual safety help. :fap:

They wouldn't be using a safety on norman.

they'd be playing straight up cover 1 with Bene lined up at the elephant.

Rivera would rip off his shirt, revealing his 85 Bears jersey.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Nooooooo! Not sure any team is going to fall for the Ryan charm and bring back my sure fire gamboling strategy.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Would Rex ever hire his brother?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Elephanthead posted:

Nooooooo! Not sure any team is going to fall for the Ryan charm and bring back my sure fire gamboling strategy.

Dolphins will whiff on Payton and then hire Ryan.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
REDSKINS BITCH

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I missed the Ravens game this week but just saw the final play and it's sort of amazing. At this point I'm convinced that Baltimore can lose to any team in the league by less than 7 points.

Still hoping for 3-13

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Rams defense had an off-day thats fine whatever.

Someone needs to fire loving Cignetti right now, from the point that the Bears tied the game 10-10 the Rams ran 28 pass plays and 8 runs plays(not counting plays taken back on penalties and the Rams last 4 runs by Tre Mason when the game was over). Nick Foles cannot win games, he can't. The Rams spent their entire draft building a power-running offense and they are calling plays like they are the greatest show on turf again. Horrible.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

DariusLikewise posted:

the Rams ran 28 pass plays and 8 runs plays

Are you sure they haven't hired Joe Philbin as an offensive consultant?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Nick Foles Sucks

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
It would be funny if Peyton never breaks Favre's win records because of those late-season Colts games he would sit out since they already had first round playoff byes.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Maybe he can take a whack at that interception record.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

NC-17 posted:

Maybe he can take a whack at that interception record.

It's 42 in a season so probably not.

Career is way out of reach because Favre was Favre.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Also in the modern NFL, won''t let DBs play physical enough to get interceptions in the past and no QB will ever get a leash like Favre had.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Seahawks are a mediocre team, probably going to go 9-7 or 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

there was one play where Russell was tipped off to the blitz, as was everyone on TV, and instead of a quick pass to a hot route which he had he pissed around and threw it away for an intentional grounding, that's the Seahawks offense in one play

18 points from the offense, pathetic
1 for 8 on third downs, pathetic
Graham dropped 3 easy catches, pathetic
Russell 44% completion rate, pathetic
only 20 minutes of possession for the offense, pathetic

I knew when I saw Russell in the $100,000 rental house he paid for in Mexico instead of practicing during the bye that he would be roasted if he had a bad game and boy does he deserve to be roasted, regardless if you deserve a vacation if you're "the" guy on the team, getting paid 21 million you set the tone for everyone else, it comes with the territory.

Dougie had a great game, and coincidentally he was one of the only ones to stick around and work on his games during the bye week, I'd really like to see him on a team with a good passing quarterback because he is so rock solid I think he would be a borderline superstar on another team.

Seahawks are bad

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Is Manning done?

:rip:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

A Man and his dog posted:

Is Manning done?

:rip:

Eli by the game clock
Peyton by the calendar

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Do it ironically posted:

Seahawks are a mediocre team, probably going to go 9-7 or 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

there was one play where Russell was tipped off to the blitz, as was everyone on TV, and instead of a quick pass to a hot route which he had he pissed around and threw it away for an intentional grounding, that's the Seahawks offense in one play

I knew when I saw Russell in the $100,000 rental house he paid for in Mexico instead of practicing during the bye that he would be roasted if he had a bad game and boy does he deserve to be roasted, regardless if you deserve a vacation if you're "the" guy on the team, getting paid 21 million you set the tone for everyone else, it comes with the territory.

Dougie had a great game, and coincidentally he was one of the only ones to stick around and work on his games during the bye week, I'd really like to see him on a team with a good passing quarterback because he is so rock solid I think he would be a borderline superstar on another team.

Seahawks are bad

I think you're confusing bad for average... the loving Lions are BAD.

Also, that offense has lived and died off of the legs of the aging Marshawn Lynch for the last 4-5 years. How did you not see the regression of Russell Wilson coming?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Seahawks had to cheat to beat the bad Lions, ergo the Seahawks are bad.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
^^^^^^^^^^^^
exactly, and the lions beat green bay and seahawks lost to them as well

Marshawn averaged 5.3 yards per carry, and that's with a monster run called back, that isn't a regression, we just didn't run the ball because *reasons*

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Someone went back and discovered the Lions only had 10 on the field for the final FG attempt.

Two blown PATs, a blown onside kick, and 10 men on the field for the final FG.

LIONS.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

How does Rob Ryan keep getting work? It seems like his defenses have been trash going back a few years now

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Do it ironically posted:

Seahawks are bad

Yeah, the offense sucks, but we knew that was a real possibility right? The real story for the Seahawks is the defense - one of the best defenses in NFL history two years ago and the best in the league last year has had a lead to protect in every loss this year and has given up points to lose the game. Most of the same players are still there but guys just aren't playing up to their talent and aren't clicking together. If the 2015 Seahawks defense was playing like the 2013 Seahawks defense we'd probably be undefeated.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Seeing some people say that it's not a done deal yet. It should be.

https://twitter.com/Saints/status/666308170894082048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

New Orleans Saints
‏@Saints
Payton said there has been no staff changes at this time #Saints

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

haljordan posted:

How does Rob Ryan keep getting work? It seems like his defenses have been trash going back a few years now

Riding on his brother's name. Like that Peyton guy in Denver.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
More like his dad's name.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

haljordan posted:

It's that glorious mane

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

haljordan posted:

Who looks more like a coach then he does?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

gohuskies posted:

Yeah, the offense sucks, but we knew that was a real possibility right? The real story for the Seahawks is the defense - one of the best defenses in NFL history two years ago and the best in the league last year has had a lead to protect in every loss this year and has given up points to lose the game. Most of the same players are still there but guys just aren't playing up to their talent and aren't clicking together. If the 2015 Seahawks defense was playing like the 2013 Seahawks defense we'd probably be undefeated.

The defense kept at minimum 3 points off the board and most likely 7 when Earl got the interception in the end zone

The defense forced fumbled for a TD for 7 points

The defense force fumbled and recovered the ball on the 3 yard line I give them that 7 as well, to me that's 18-21 positive point swing by our defense

A bad call went our way with another forced fumble.

They were also on the field for 40 minutes of the game, they were gassed. Sure, the defense is nowhere near the level of years past but that loss is on the offense.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

haljordan posted:

Nepotism

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

NC-17 posted:

Riding on his brother's name. Like that Peyton guy in Denver.
Man I can't wait for Tom Brady to fall apart. Maybe then you'll finally stop being so :smug:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Man I can't wait for Tom Brady to fall apart. Maybe then you'll finally stop being so :smug:

Nope. :chord:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Katie Nolan is going to be beside herself.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

no then we get to continually measure every quarterback in the league against the Greatest Quarterback Of All Time, Tom Brady, and find them wanting

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

evilweasel posted:

no then we get to continually measure every quarterback in the league against the Greatest Quarterback Of All Time, Tom Brady, and find them wanting

I remember when they used to show Tebow's throwing mechanics and lined it up with Brady's and said "Yup, pretty much the exact same!", so I'm sure it will be great comparisons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

evilweasel posted:

Actually, he won most of his titles in a different era, where the quarterback was less important. Eli Manning, however…

• Locked thread