Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

This sounds promising. (The video link just takes you to the original release trailer.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Fans posted:

Engines of War because the finale is a piece of piss.

Engines does definitely have the most grimoire friendly pacing of any long level, Enemies Below is also a very good pick, and Garden of Morr is a pretty good level that really only makes you do the end with two grims, although it can get hairy if you get the wrong spawns.

Just remember that friends that let friends try grim runs on Supply and Demand don't stay friends for long.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Totally not bothered about grims as much now they only take away 15% of my health each

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Kitchner posted:

Totally not bothered about grims as much now they only take away 15% of my health each

Just for that I'm not picking you up even though it'd be extra fast and uninterruptable.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wish that engines of war had a better finale. The Inn is just piss easy to defend. Go into the basement and rats can only attack from two narrow chokepoints. Go upstairs and their pathing breaks so badly that they forget they can climb walls through gaping holes in the building.

And yet I still see pubbies trying to hold the line at the loving pier and getting thrown into the water by an angry ROgre.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Arcsquad12 posted:

I wish that engines of war had a better finale. The Inn is just piss easy to defend. Go into the basement and rats can only attack from two narrow chokepoints. Go upstairs and their pathing breaks so badly that they forget they can climb walls through gaping holes in the building.

And yet I still see pubbies trying to hold the line at the loving pier and getting thrown into the water by an angry ROgre.

The basement has a little hole in the ground in the back now where occasionally some rats clamber up from now. It's still just 2 major chokepoints, but you gotta check your butt occasionally now too.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I kind of like engines because of that. Most of them have a big tricky finale which serves as a difficulty peak. Instead engines has a nasty bit in the middle and follows it up with a long stretch where healing is often very rare, so not only do you need to survive and beat that section, you need to do so in a way that lets you have enough to get through the next chunk, but if you do poorly, you can make up for it. The one thing I don't adore is that once you're in the town area until you get the bell, you've got carte blanche to lose people and can just pick them up. I don't think there's a mechanical way to discourage or prevent just dying and getting recovered essentially for free other than them having grims, but thinking about it, that's kind of enough. Maybe being tighter on the heals in the port town would work so there's a chance the defense on a two grim run means keeping someone oneshottable safe and makes you more vulnerable to packmasters.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Arcsquad12 posted:

True, but I really like the idea of the heroes being tired and wounded and saying "gently caress it, we're going to wait this one out in the basement, be sure to ring the bell extra loud oleysa"

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.
I think the hardest part of that map is the movement between the doomwheels and the inn. People get ahead of themselves thinking they're running to the escape vehicle.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

BioTech posted:

I have the 40% extra blast radius trinket
I drink a strength potion
I throw a grenade
The dwarf who was shielding jumps for some reason, catching the grenade with the back of his head.
We all die.

Good times.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
The Doomwheels themselves are a non-trivial event too, a lot of teams I've played with just wipe there.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coolguye posted:

The Doomwheels themselves are a non-trivial event too, a lot of teams I've played with just wipe there.

That's always the hardest part for my team. Carrying gunpowder while under constant attack is pretty stressful.

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013
Does this game have a full release date yet? I'm intrigued but leery about getting games in early access/alpha/pre alpha/beta/words have no meaning.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Deport The Irish posted:

Does this game have a full release date yet? I'm intrigued but leery about getting games in early access/alpha/pre alpha/beta/words have no meaning.

it was released a month ago dude

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Seriously, it was never even in EA. It had a couple of actual, sign-up required beta tests and a sort of week long pre-order pre-release but that's it.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

New DLC confirmed. Ratling Guns spun up too long will randomly spin and fire on their own units or explode. (Please do this Fatshark, Skaven are funniest when they're exploding themselves. It's why I played them)

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Nebiros posted:

New DLC confirmed. Ratling Guns spun up too long will randomly spin and fire on their own units or explode. (Please do this Fatshark, Skaven are funniest when they're exploding themselves. It's why I played them)

i'm pretty sure if a ratling gun fires long enough it will eventually explode, which is a failsafe for if it pins everyone down at the end of a long hallway and everyone's out of ammo

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I hadn't realized there were actually pictures for the DLC weapons. Special mentions go to the Dwarf's shield and great axe.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

President Ark posted:

i'm pretty sure if a ratling gun fires long enough it will eventually explode, which is a failsafe for if it pins everyone down at the end of a long hallway and everyone's out of ammo

And they do already hose down any skaven between themselves and you, helpfully killing them.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Why is Well Watch so goddamn long

I hate it

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

NickBlasta posted:

I think the hardest part of that map is the movement between the doomwheels and the inn. People get ahead of themselves thinking they're running to the escape vehicle.

Coolguye posted:

Both of these are correct, that's what I mean about the pacing being different with a nasty section to put you in dire straits and then a long endurance section after it. It's tricky and cool (and coincidentally pretty favorable for library runs).

Also ask me about desperately wanting a good soldier handgun and finally giving up and fusing four green handguns and a blunderbus because come on it's an 80% chance and getting a blunderbus. Then immediately after, rolling one up and it's got literally useless traits.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 17, 2015

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

motherfuckin poo poo bitch pubbies I can't even get a decent group for NM games

i should play with my goon friends

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the lovely drawing i made has 85 likes on steam, im letting this go to my head.

also i had a bug where i lagged a bunch, fell over, and was picked up, and my vision was stuck on the ground, which made me feel like i was playing as a tiny dwarf, except as kruber.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

also i had a bug where i lagged a bunch, fell over, and was picked up, and my vision was stuck on the ground, which made me feel like i was playing as a tiny dwarf, except as kruber.

That drawing is pretty awesome I might try making it my new Steam AV!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Nice humble brag.

It is a very good drawing though.

ReapersTouch
Nov 25, 2004

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Kitchner posted:

It is a very good drawing though.

I didnt notice the legs at first. Really good

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
So I got a trinket that "Increases luck by 25%" what exactly does that mean in game-terms? Do I get better dice rolls or more stuff out of chests or what? Better proc chances?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

AndroidHub posted:

So I got a trinket that "Increases luck by 25%" what exactly does that mean in game-terms? Do I get better dice rolls or more stuff out of chests or what? Better proc chances?

It increases the chance good things will spawn in chests, like medkits. Picking up cursed die will lower this chance.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Does it have to be me who opens the chest or is it just applied to the level?

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

Skandranon posted:

It increases the chance good things will spawn in chests, like medkits. Picking up cursed die will lower this chance.

I'm pretty sure the chests are all populated when the level is loaded.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This is the only post on it I could find that seemed to have done any tests

quote:

I have ruled out the following:

Mechanical Loot.
Ability Proccing.
End of round die rolls.

Could it be the effect is as follows:

Cursed dice (The only item your characters cannot automatically predict is in a chest,) appear more often with luck. I generally always see a single cursed die when every party member admits to having a luck treatment.

Loot Rats are the only enemy that doesn't appear at uniform thresholds in level advancment, or even trigger a fixed portion of the time. Rather, parties that get more loot dice tend to see loot rats 75% of the time. This is something I have tested with 10 minute smugglers runs, so I have given it a lot of shots in determining this.

Livam, if I am correct, I do hope I earn a prize.

A dev responded to the thread saying that luck "Makes you luckier." Which is very dumb that they know about the question and are still going to let people waste time trying to figure it out.

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

President Ark posted:

it was released a month ago dude

My bad. I thought this was an EA release, guess I got confused by the pre release betas.

Now I've got another reason to look forward to pay day.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

tofes posted:

Why is Well Watch so goddamn long

I hate it

Let a well fall and it goes realll quick.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Microwaves Mom posted:

Let a well fall and it goes realll quick.

Why does this happen? Is it because you need to defend each well 3 times or something so if you let it fall it shortens the level?

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

It doesn't do that since the last major patch, it just replaces the defenses with more holdout phases, so you'll defend one then have 3 holdouts in a row.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Well, the more you know I guess!

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
Also if you haven't already noticed, all the door event phases have extended slightly as the doors move slower. So the 2 gates in Smuggler's Run and the 1 in Wizard's Tower.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
I hadn't noticed actually. The only one like that I did recently was trying to complete the white rat on hard and I was too busy being rat raped to time the door

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This is the only post on it I could find that seemed to have done any tests

A dev responded to the thread saying that luck "Makes you luckier." Which is very dumb that they know about the question and are still going to let people waste time trying to figure it out.

That's a loving hilarious response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ugh. I got a max roll on a killing blow rapier, then my internet went out immediately after. When it came back up, I had to reroll the weapon as it hadn't saved, and rolled minimum. :negative:

• Locked thread