Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Aeryk posted:

hmmm I'm intrigued, are they any good?

what i saw wasn't, but i'm not <10 anymore either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
daffy duck drives a step van with a huge papier-mache float of himself on the roof.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

daffy duck drives a step van with a huge papier-mache float of himself on the roof.

eso me gusta

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Berke Negri posted:

i don't even know how to make money off settlements yet

Do you just pick poo poo up from the workshops or does it get delivered like what

keep in mind I have about a dozen settlements with like four at around 20 people pop

i don't think you get just straight caps, but if you build water purifiers in the ones that have open water, they give you 20 purified water apiece daily. when you go to the transfer page with your workshop, they're listed under aid.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

currently: reading about the jetsons on wikipedia

apparently they all live in the sky because of devastating surface pollution

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Aeryk posted:

hmmm I'm intrigued, are they any good?

that one is over already but i enjoyed it. its kind of an absurdist sitcom. bugs and daffy are roommates, with daffy living off his much wealthier friend's largesse, and they get into shenanigans. porky gets arrested for not wearing pants.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

Ah the exemplar of "raygun Gothic"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is Pepe Le Pew still super rapy in the new cartoons

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
bugs bunny goes to a doctor because he has a caffeine addiction thats giving him tremors and he sees the diploma on the wall and goes "SYRACUSE?? THATS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL!"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the best gag in The Looney Toons Show is daffy asking bugs if he has any flaws and the first thing out of bugs' mouth is "you're a narcissistic sociopath with delusions of grandeur"

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

zoux posted:

Ah the exemplar of "raygun Gothic"

has anyone ever used this term outside of tvtropes

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
for some reason my dad chewed the hell out of me and my little brother when we were watching toon disney before we were 10 years old

to this day i don't even know what the gently caress it was that pissed him off so much

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

paranoid randroid posted:

bugs bunny goes to a doctor because he has a caffeine addiction thats giving him tremors and he sees the diploma on the wall and goes "SYRACUSE?? THATS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL!"

he's right tho

also a lacrosse school but nobody cares about that

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PupsOfWar posted:

has anyone ever used this term outside of tvtropes

yeah william gibson when he coined it

i prefer googie or populuxe personally

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

they decided to put a quote by someone from the ludwig von mises institute on this, wikipedia page about cartoon show the jetsons

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

for some reason my dad chewed the hell out of me and my little brother when we were watching toon disney before we were 10 years old

to this day i don't even know what the gently caress it was that pissed him off so much

did the show feature black people perhaps

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

well what did he say

as a child I was made to feel very self-conscious for watching cartoons while everyone was working, so I begged my neighbor to let me haul wagons full of bricks away from the wrecked house they were trying to clear, $0.20/load

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Badger of Basra posted:

unexpectedly dark

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

PupsOfWar posted:

well what did he say

as a child I was made to feel very self-conscious for watching cartoons while everyone was working, so I begged my neighbor to let me haul wheelbarrow loads of bricks away from the wrecked house they were trying to clear, $0.20/load

jesus

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
joel hodgson is doing a kickstarter to make more mst3k

i dont know how i feel about that

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The music video for the Kanye West song "Heartless" features George, Jane, Judy, Elroy, Astro, and Rosie done as portraits. This footage is based on Kanye West's actual apartment decor, which includes large portraits of the Jetsons in the den.[citation needed]

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PupsOfWar posted:

well what did he say

as a child I was made to feel very self-conscious for watching cartoons while everyone was working, so I begged my neighbor to let me haul wagons full of bricks away from the wrecked house they were trying to clear, $0.20/load

The American Work Ethic

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

zoux posted:

yeah william gibson when he coined it

i prefer googie or populuxe personally

I dont see what's wrong with retro-futurist, a term that is immediately clear without reference to obscure genre knowledge

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Berke Negri posted:

unexpectedly dark

At least they stopped using landfills

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

PupsOfWar posted:

well what did he say

drat

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

zoux posted:

The American Work Ethic

i remember I started out on a little red wagon and graduated to a wheelbarrow when I became big enough to push it

anyhoo look where it got me!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

PupsOfWar posted:

well what did he say

How old are you? If you don't want to say you don't have to but I find stories like this interesting

My uncles and dad did similar things when they were young

They'd tear up trees and do stump removal, they were like 9

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Hollismason posted:

How old are you? If you don't want to say you don't have to but I find stories like this interesting

im in badge/ghost of reagans past age bracket

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol at india trolling GB over the crown jewels

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

PupsOfWar posted:

i remember I started out on a little red wagon and graduated to a wheelbarrow when I became big enough to push it

anyhoo look where it got me!

grooming you for the big day when you get to be sent to the mines at 13

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

PupsOfWar posted:

well what did he say

all i remember was him yelling at my little brother and making him cry, then coming upstairs to see me watching the channel and yelling "why are you watching toon disney! if i ever see you watching it again, i'll throw out our tvs!"

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I had tacos at a gastropub. They were good.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

grooming you for the big day when you get to be sent to the mines at 13

I did later (12 or so) score a gig moving gravel for a construction guy for $1.00 per wheelbarrow load

which was a really sweet gig at that age, given the ability to load and move several loads per hour

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

he had higher hopes for you

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
lol reddit comments, on texas governor greg abbot saying NO to syrian refugees

[–]jimincognito Montrose 11 points an hour ago
Good guy Greg: Sees Syrian refugees acting like shitheads in Europe/ Keeps them out of Texas.

what a meme

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

He may have been afraid you would demand to go to Disneyland.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Volkerball posted:

i don't think you get just straight caps, but if you build water purifiers in the ones that have open water, they give you 20 purified water apiece daily. when you go to the transfer page with your workshop, they're listed under aid.

that makes sense, I wonder how much junk I'm pulling in as soon can't exactly tell because I've got tens of thousands of items after linking all my settlements

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
i am thankful every day my parents weren't excessively crazy or stupid

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Aeryk posted:

i am thankful every day my parents weren't excessively crazy or stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
this is a warner brothers house, boy. if i catch you watching that disney poo poo ever again, its the chokey for you

• Locked thread