Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Housh
Jul 9, 2001

My 5 year old nephew said I look like One Punch Man. I feel so bad rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Pootybutt posted:

hahaha oh poo poo, Black Hole is totally gatchaman crowdsing Saitama rn

It was good.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
The 'gatchaverse' would be a lot better with saitama punching people, in my opinion.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Saitama has played an important role in the net decrease of power level arguments over the net.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Bad Seafood posted:

Saitama has played an important role in the net decrease of power level arguments over the net.

Truly, ONE's greatest single contribution to the fine arts.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ah but can even the mighty Saitama destroy stupid canon discussions and get people to just enjoy good stories?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Raxivace posted:

Ah but can even the mighty Saitama destroy stupid canon discussions and get people to just enjoy good stories?

Depends on whether you can summarise the canon in 20 words or less.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Raxivace posted:

I suppose he could just punch the internet.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Here's a sketch of the OPM crew by the dude who did character designs for JoJo Part 3's anime.

What would Saitama's stand be?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Redundant.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

What would Saitama's stand be?

Genos clapping.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

His stand power is a wig.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Nobody else has a stand though.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sam Faust posted:

His stand power is a wig.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/11/15/one-punch-man-anime-offers-prizes-through-twitter-campaign

Take a picture of yourself as if Saitama punched you for a contest. I'd enter but I don't wanna take a picture of my head being reduced to a fine aerosol mist. :v:

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

And More posted:

Depends on whether you can summarise the canon in 20 words or less.

This needs more love.

I can't stop recommending this show enough though. The fact the show presents to you these seriously OP characters who are about to get murdered, or are being murdered, by world killing things...and here is Sai. This walking deus ex to the story. And you know it, and the show knows it. But you don't care. Because it is so. drat. Funny.

I can't wait to start watching this show with my little girl. I don't need spoilers, but does the show ever get much darker?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

There are more dramatic moments, but nothing that a kid shouldn't be watching.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'd hold off at least one more episode before making the conscious decision to watch this show with your children.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

I'd hold off at least one more episode before making the conscious decision to watch this show with your children.

Was the exploding foreverbrain of the crab person not enough?

Then again if they're old enough to read captions effectively anyway.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

There's a character introduced next episode who's a bit hit-and-miss for a lot of people. Anyone who's read the manga will know who I'm talking about.

It's not a huge deal, but it's the sort of thing I'd want to know about in advance before making the decision to show something to my kids.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Bad Seafood posted:

Take this advice, everyone.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I always love this sorta thing, it's so cool

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Black Hole and Tanktop Tiger were not bad enough dudes to rescue the president.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

One of the 2ch posts in the episode was the gorilla from the house of evolution saying he'd opened a takoyaki store.

The world map on the Heroes Association HQ monitors is the same shape as Saitama prefecture, too.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I can't wait to start watching this show with my little girl. I don't need spoilers, but does the show ever get much darker?

The next episode is probably the darkest this season is going to get; in addition to what Bad Seafood alluded to, (spoiler does not include details, but I figured people would want the option to go in completely blind) people and heroes will be put in significant danger and the manga at least does a good job of wringing a lot of drama out of "when is Saitama going to get here/will he get here in time?"

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 16, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
huh, so Genos clapping (on a tambourine) really is Saitama's stand.

brotato
May 14, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

I drunkenly read this post to my partner last night and we then proceeded to have a discussion about which Dragon Ball characters would win in a fight against Genos.

It's me, I'm the one still talking about power levels on the internet.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The one true way to start a power level debate is to ask if Saint Seiya powers are hyperbole or not on Vs Battles.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

e: nvm, missed a part of your post.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 16, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Elentor posted:

The one true way to start a power level debate is to ask if Saint Seiya powers are hyperbole or not on Vs Battles.

I'm sure the literal small-scale Big Bang that never manages to accomplish anything is not hyperbole at all. Neither is that the Gold Saints can move at the speed of light.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goddamit.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

brotato posted:

I drunkenly read this post to my partner last night and we then proceeded to have a discussion about which Dragon Ball characters would win in a fight against Genos.

It's me, I'm the one still talking about power levels on the internet.

It's Beerus and above, not Goku and Vegeta now but eventually

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:haw:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

:golfclap:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

brotato
May 14, 2013
Excellent, thank you.

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's Beerus and above, not Goku and Vegeta now but eventually
We didn't even get that far because it degenerated into arguments about the temperature of ki blasts and whether or not it was better to have a human body or a robot body.

Did manage to agree that Genos sure gets busted up a lot. Maintenance has got to be expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Genos probably has a good trade in policy with the doctor who makes his bodies.

• Locked thread