Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

zoux posted:

It's gonna be a rough couple of weeks politically unless you absolutely hate Muslims. If you see disturbing parallels between anti-Muslim rhetoric and other bigoted rhetoric of the American past, well, too bad.

I like to think of it as a way to personally experience those wonderfully terrible chapters in our past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Oh gosh, next time there are people dead in the streets I'll surely rue the day cause Talmonis said so. :ohdear:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Remember bone deep fearmongering hate speech against minorities? It's back, in pog form.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

The woman is National Security Advisor Susan Rice. I assume the man is her Russian counterpart.

Do Obama/Rice speak Russian or does Putin speak English? Dude might have been a translator.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good poo poo here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpLJbeGCds

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Do Obama/Rice speak Russian or does Putin speak English? Dude might have been a translator.

Putin not only speaks English, he sings it.... just not well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekeq4szDmJo

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Rand is saying he's introduced a bill to end refugee/asylum visas for people from thirty countries-- anybody have a copy of this shitshow online?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Teddybear posted:

Rand is saying he's introduced a bill to end refugee/asylum visas for people from thirty countries-- anybody have a copy of this shitshow online?

No but,

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

A Winner is Jew posted:

Putin not only speaks English, he sings it.... just not well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekeq4szDmJo

Still better than I can sing :(.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Talmonis posted:

:smith: This is why I hate this topic so much. It isn't right to condemn innocent people, but young, disenfranchised men are easy to radicalize. There is no easy answer.

how about...providing an environment that combats radicalization by promoting integration?

oh it requires people being less racist, welp

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

zoux posted:

No but,

Uh, isn't Global Entry just where you fork over cash to get to go into the fast line at the airport?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

zoux posted:

No but,

How is that going to play well in the media?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

It also involves a background check.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

How is that going to play well in the media?

He's a Paul, he don't care.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Teddybear posted:

It also involves a background check.

Huh, interesting. Do you know what kind off-hand?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Warszawa posted:

Uh, isn't Global Entry just where you fork over cash to get to go into the fast line at the airport?

Well, if you mean fork over cash, your finger prints and have an interview with a CBP officer then yes.

Global Entry is not available to French citizens, however it is available to Mexicans.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
So far all of the positively identified attackers were European, correct?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Warszawa posted:

Also exempted will be members of SkyPriorityŽ from Delta Airlines.

Silver Nitrate posted:

There have been conflicting reports that one of the attackers may have passed through Greece recently.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Silver Nitrate posted:

At least one was confirmed to be a refugee that entered through Greece wasn't there?

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

hobbesmaster posted:

Well, if you mean fork over cash, your finger prints and have an interview with a CBP officer then yes.

Global Entry is not available to French citizens, however it is available to Mexicans.

Ah, I had it confused with something else then.

edit: TSA Pre, that's what I was thinking of.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

zoux posted:

Also exempted will be members of SkyPriorityŽ from Delta Airlines.

Thats the TSA fast line you're thinking of. Even then, you have TSA Pre and normal TSA and then potentially "elite" versions of both.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yes I'm kidding.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Gravel Gravy posted:

At least one was confirmed to be a refugee that entered through Greece wasn't there?

That passport is commonly forged so it actually wasn't conclusive.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2015/nov/16/men-who-attacked-paris-profile-terror-cell

quote:

A name of a 25 year-old from Idlib found on a forged Syrian passport found near one of the bodies of the attackers at the Stade de France. The fingerprints of an attacker matched those taken from a man who passed through Greece in October. Reports from Serbia say that another man has been detained there with an identical passport, suggesting that several may be in circulation, and throwing doubt on whether one of the attackers had indeed used the Balkan refugee route.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

GalacticAcid posted:

Apparently I am going to meet O'Malley Thursday night. What should I ask him?

Joementum posted:

Ask him about the War of 1812. He's a reenactor and knows a lot about it. You'll learn something interesting from the answer, unlike if you ask him what he'd do if he becomes President, since that'll never happen.

Ask him about the Burning of Washington by the British and the tornado that helped the US during that event.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-tornado-that-saved-washington-33901211/?no-ist

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Gravel Gravy posted:

As I understand it: they confirmed that a Syrian passport was found, that someone had passed through Greece with that passport, and that the fingerprints of one of the dead gunman matched those of the person that had passed through Greece.

However they haven't confirmed that person is an actual Syrian national, I don't think - there's some speculation they could have gotten a fake passport and purposefully checked in in Greece to make it look like the attack was carried out by someone who came in with the refugees.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

FlamingLiberal posted:

So two things here:

1. It's pretty funny that these states are saying this when they have no say over refugees. The Feds handle where people actually go. So this is only some gross cheap political scoring.

Well they'll probably organise something like they did out in San Diego when they wanted to move a bunch of illegal immigrants to facilities in Escondido/Murrietta and a mob of white people blocked their bus and screamed racial epithets until they were forced to turn the bus around.

Most of the people on the bus were women and children of course and were being processed specifically to be deported, but ignorance is the fashion of the day.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Hulk Krogan posted:

As I understand it: they confirmed that a Syrian passport was found, that someone had passed through Greece with that passport, and that the fingerprints of one of the dead gunman matched those of the person that had passed through Greece.

However they haven't confirmed that person is an actual Syrian national, I don't think - there's some speculation they could have gotten a fake passport and purposefully checked in in Greece to make it look like the attack was carried out by someone who came in with the refugees.

I don't understand why this has to be some kind of massive complex operation with a huge organization behind it. It doesn't take a lot of money or organization for one guy to organize 4-5 crazies with some ak-47s in populated centers.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

what the gently caress does he want obama to say. "it was the muslims. now we must deport them, nuke mecca, convert those here to jesus." also love the fear bating.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Mitt Romney posted:

I don't understand why this has to be some kind of massive complex operation with a huge organization behind it. It doesn't take a lot of money or organization for one guy to organize 4-5 crazies with some ak-47s in populated centers.

Because people want to hate refugees

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Mitt Romney posted:

It doesn't have to be, but we know that one of ISIS' goals is to spur Islamophobia and anti-refugee sentiment, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that they'd set one guy up with a fake Syrian passport in pursuit of that goal.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The Warszawa posted:

A perfect Libertarian solution. Who is a threat to security? ~*~The Market Will Decide~*~

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what the gently caress does he want obama to say. "it was the muslims. now we must deport them, nuke mecca, convert those here to jesus." also love the fear bating.

The whole narrative being pushed by the right wing is that Obama and the Democrats are so politically correct they are afraid to offend Muslims (all of whom look like the insanest, cave-livingest, crazy eyedest Salafist mullah) by saying the words "radical Islam". Then they probably make some joke that Obama would let a robber into his house, excuse me I mean "Lawabiding-challenged" ehehehe.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Wait, so people would be okay with letting Christian refugees in, but not Muslim refugees? Isn't that just a checkbox on a form?

Unless they mean that there are obviously other ways to tell if someone is evil Muslim.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

these attackers were coordinated, only a genius level of terrorist plotting can think to equip themselves with some sort of timing device, possibly including a means of communication within the same device.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

SquadronROE posted:

Wait, so people would be okay with letting Christian refugees in, but not Muslim refugees? Isn't that just a checkbox on a form?

Unless they mean that there are obviously other ways to tell if someone is evil Muslim.

ya skin color

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mitt Romney posted:

If that were true, why are there so few of these? I would say that at the very least, in a region with stringent gun control such as Europe, you would need a lot of money and organization to have AK-47s. You also would need good organizational skills to keep it under wraps until it happens.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Young Orc

pathetic little tramp posted:

Oh poo poo guys, we finally got her! We've got her this time! It took 25 years of non-stop investigations but we finally got that bitch Hillary!

:siren:BREAKING:siren:

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/breaking-email-reveals-hillary-clinton-was-often-confused

SOMEONE REFERRED TO CLINTON AS OFTEN CONFUSED PEOPLE, IT'S ALL OVER WE DID IT

Huma is about to get Vince Foster'd.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If that were true, why are there so little of these? I would say that at the very least, in a region with stringent gun control such as Europe, you would need a lot of money and organization to have AK-47s. You also would need good organizational skills to keep it under wraps until it happens.

perhaps there are so little of them because it takes a special person to desire, and actually act upon that desire, of killing dozens of innocent people

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

like almost uniformly the type of racist idiot that dreams of killing muslims or nuking the middle east wouldn't actually go and do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

zoux posted:

The whole narrative being pushed by the right wing is that Obama and the Democrats are so politically correct they are afraid to offend Muslims (all of whom look like the insanest, cave-livingest, crazy eyedest Salafist mullah) by saying the words "radical Islam". Then they probably make some joke that Obama would let a robber into his house, excuse me I mean "Lawabiding-challenged" ehehehe.

Also because Obama is Muslim and so doesn't want to offend other Muslims / secretly agrees with them (depending on how extreme right wing you want to look at).

• Locked thread