Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

zoux posted:

lmao they really don't like that these games are insanely popular and genre defining huh

i don't think they can handle that games are really popular now with the general populace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

loadin' witcher

zoux posted:

my number one concern is always gameplay and i honestly could give a gently caress about story
ehh, kind-of same though i tend to make exceptions. bioshock infinite gameplay was mediocre at it's peak, but story/aesthetics appeased me. witcher 1 may have mind-numbing combat (iirc from years ago), but it has been quite a while since i have read anything on a binge like the one witcher series books got me onto, so i'll play for the sake of it

multiplayer games, on the other hand, lol if i care about anything there but gameplay

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

remember how they started a whole tongue in cheek "PC Master race" thing about kind of how ridiculous platform wars are but now it's not ironic and now people are like blood quantum counting Nazis but for if you play on an xbox or not

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

kalstrams posted:

loadin' witcher
ehh, kind-of same though i tend to make exceptions. bioshock infinite gameplay was mediocre at it's peak, but story/aesthetics appeased me. witcher 1 may have mind-numbing combat (iirc from years ago), but it has been quite a while since i have read anything on a binge like the one witcher series books got me onto, so i'll play for the sake of it

multiplayer games, on the other hand, lol if i care about anything there but gameplay

I mean good luck but I beat the witcher 1 in 2010 and even then that game was arduous as gently caress to deal with

but hey geralt is #1 and the witcher series is #1

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

kalstrams posted:

loadin' witcher

troll potential is a key feature in mp games

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I lied I'm watching videos of people playing Commander, not drafting, and waiting for the boss to leave so I can watch sports on my phone

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Hollismason posted:

Roger and me is really good and so was Bowling for Columbine , but he has disappeared up his own rear end and his films are poo poo now.

Sicko was pretty good, I think.

boxcarhobo posted:

o

Yep, see you in a year when you finally beat it

Armani fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 16, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

boxcarhobo posted:

I mean good luck but I beat the witcher 1 in 2010 and even then that game was arduous as gently caress to deal with

i just hope it does not have lots of busywork, though that's the centrepiece feature of older video game design in order to "captivate the player"

lmao yes why, lumberjack, ill haul to you 800 logs in no sweat

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Don't gently caress with us
:goonsay:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/666139275117723649

good dog

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

wow, that looks too stupid to be tongue in cheek

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwLRQn61oUY

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Disinterested posted:

troll potential is a key feature in mp games
that's integral part of gameplay to me

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

zoux posted:

remember how they started a whole tongue in cheek "PC Master race" thing about kind of how ridiculous platform wars are but now it's not ironic and now people are like blood quantum counting Nazis but for if you play on an xbox or not

there's also a group on Steam that keeps track of which games have a 30fps cap. It's just presenting neutral information and has never lead to harassment of developers, of course.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i dont find family guy even a single bit amusing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol this (nsfw) gif shwoed up on my tumblr dash and i thought it was a fo4 char creation mod

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

there's also a group on Steam that keeps track of which games have a 30fps cap. It's just presenting neutral information and has never lead to harassment of developers, of course.

gamers delenda est

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

lol dogs own

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

zoux posted:

lol this (nsfw) gif shwoed up on my tumblr dash and i thought it was a fo4 char creation mod
that just person exhaling, isn't it?

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
i need more frames for my special eyes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

e: frames <> memes

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i think a lot of goons in games are still irrationally mad at the mod for pay controversy earlier in the year and so think they need to just trash anything Bethesda does

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

while getting super mad about it is ridiculous, a 30fps cap on a PC video game is rather silly

my youthful boyish eyes find 30fps to be noticeably sluggish and a detriment to smooth gameplay

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Berke Negri posted:

i think a lot of goons in games are still irrationally mad at the mod for pay controversy earlier in the year and so think they need to just trash anything Bethesda does

if anyone reading this knows what the post means i feel sorry 4 u

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Aeryk posted:

i need more frames for my special eyes

this but unironically because 60 fps games look one million times better

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

^^^ what the gently caress

Berke Negri posted:

I did enjoy how stupid that whole debacle was from literally every angle imaginable

idiocy, as far as the eye could see, from SA to reddit to steam

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

joeburz posted:

if anyone reading this knows what the post means i feel sorry 4 u
it was a pretty big scandal

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Missing a reference to sending em back to Abu dhabi

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

boxcarhobo posted:

this but unironically because 60 fps games look one million times better

i just like that commercial and wanted to make a joke with it

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
David Brooks wrote an article called "my $120.000 vacation"

oh my stars and garters

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm gonna get Fallout 4 around the start of december

They should (hopefully) have a few patches to fix some of the worst/potentially game breaking poo poo by then

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Rollofthedice posted:

^^^ what the gently caress
Terrorism tends to break people's brains

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I'm gonna get Fallout 4 around the start of december

They should (hopefully) have a few patches to fix some of the worst/potentially game breaking poo poo by then
Welcome back Small Frozen Thing

bad news for you: MIGF is back

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rollofthedice posted:

while getting super mad about it is ridiculous, a 30fps cap on a PC video game is rather silly

my youthful boyish eyes find 30fps to be noticeably sluggish and a detriment to smooth gameplay

yeah, but lots of the games they talk about are old games or ports, and nobody's going to sit down and draw a bunch of extra sprites or completely recode the engine

it's like listing movies which don't have surround sound, as if that should be a big reason to not watch something rather than an inherent limitation based on era and resources

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

fade5 posted:

Terrorism tends to break people's brains

Welcome back Small Frozen Thing

bad news for you: MIGF is back

I've known that for days

Also, I've been posting intermittently, I never left

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

yeah, but lots of the games they talk about are old games or ports, and nobody's going to sit down and draw a bunch of extra sprites or completely recode the engine

it's like listing movies which don't have surround sound, as if that should be a big reason to not watch something rather than an inherent limitation based on era and resources

actually if there's anything in a game that i don't like, its because of laziness.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
"What sort of people go on a trip like this? Rich but not fancy. It is a sign of how stratified things have become that even within the top 1 percent there are differences between the single-digit millionaires and the double- or triple-digit millionaires. The people on this trip were by and large on the lower end of the upper class."

oh boy

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

its true, im exceedingly brilliant and only listen to metal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

i wonder if Birth of a Nation's blu-ray release has a surround sound classical soundtrack

• Locked thread