Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The governor of Washington put out a statement that roughly said "y'all are racist idiots, we love Muslims, give us the refugees" today.

http://www.governor.wa.gov/news-media/statement-gov-jay-inslee-regarding-paris-terrorist-attacks-and-anti-muslim-rhetoric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Antti posted:

Didn't Bin Laden release a tape as an October surprise in 2004?

It's simultaneously depressing and awe-inspiring to see how a bunch of men with guns can make grown men in charge of the most powerful country in the world quake in their boots.
They can make a bunch of powerless idiots who jump at the shadow of the word "Muslim" terrified, sure. Luckily, Obama is not one of those people.

Filthy Hans posted:

Nah, the Huckster already took that position in the first debate (~"The job of the military is to kill people and break stuff") so if anything, Cruz is just catching up
There's also this:
http://time.com/3999799/mike-huckabee-abortion-rape/

quote:

GOP presidential candidate and former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee said that he supports the decision to deny an abortion to a 10-year-old rape victim in Paraguay.

“I wouldn’t pretend it’s anything other than a terrible tragedy, But let’s not compound the tragedy by taking yet another life,” he said in an interview with Dana Bash on CNN’s State of the Union Sunday.

The victim, an unidentified girl in Paraguay, was raped by her stepfather in a case that has attracted attention worldwide. Laws in the South American country prevented the girl from receiving an abortion.
It would take something pretty bad to dislodge Huckabee after that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jesus gently caress, what the gently caress is happening. i thought nativism was getting bad but holy poo poo. I can fully understand/ support having a strict background search/vetting for the refugees, but its not that, its literally NO REFUGEES is loving insanity. what the loving is the matter with people. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door." does that poo poo mean anything to anyone anymore.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

In the continuing story of rolling back post-Bush progressivism because of Muslim terrorists: "[Edward Snowden] has blood on his hands."

So expect more attacks on encryption in the next few years.

There was never going to be a let up on that front, and anybody expecting Snowden to be pardoned is a fool, he will be assassinated when the world forgets about him.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
nvm

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

The governor of Washington put out a statement that roughly said "y'all are racist idiots, we love Muslims, give us the refugees" today.

http://www.governor.wa.gov/news-media/statement-gov-jay-inslee-regarding-paris-terrorist-attacks-and-anti-muslim-rhetoric

West coast Best coast. :smaug:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Filthy Hans posted:

Nah, the Huckster already took that position in the first debate (~"The job of the military is to kill people and break stuff") so if anything, Cruz is just catching up

Yeah but he didn't explicitly say civilians...

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

A Winner is Jew posted:

West coast Best coast. :smaug:

Still waiting on Jerry Brown...

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Meanwhile in important news, you can now wear colanders in driver's license photos in Lowell.

http://www.dailydot.com/lol/pastafarian-colander-drivers-license/?fb=dd

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

no room for them in the inn!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

no room for them in the inn!

its the Jews fleeing from Germany/Europe. all over again.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Jesus gently caress, what the gently caress is happening. i thought nativism was getting bad but holy poo poo. I can fully understand/ support having a strict background search/vetting for the refugees, but its not that, its literally NO REFUGEES is loving insanity. what the loving is the matter with people. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door." does that poo poo mean anything to anyone anymore.

Well that was written when we basically only accepted (what are now considered) white refugees, so really not much has changed.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also John Oliver will start feeling some right-wing heat too.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Not really since Ford and IBM aren't helping ISIS this time around.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

A Winner is Jew posted:

Well its saudi arabia and toyota now.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

A Winner is Jew posted:

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Well its saudi arabia and toyota now.
Everybody drives Toyotas, even the Kurds.

So it's just Saudi Arabia.:v:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nonsense posted:

Also John Oliver will start feeling some right-wing heat too.

Why?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Jeb! is apparently calling for keeping all the (non-Christian) refugees in safe zones, so it's also the former Yugoslavia all over again.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Except the Jews didn't want to strap vests onto themselves and kill civilians in their new homes.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Amergin posted:

Except the Jews didn't want to strap vests onto themselves and kill civilians in their new homes.

The Jews were frequently targeted by propaganda because of the communist uprising in Munich even before the Nazis were cool.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Amergin posted:

Some Jews wanted to subvert our fine Western democracies with the evils of Communism.

e: f,b. Let me add, then, that they included and supported anarchists who attempted, and sometimes succeeded, in assassinating our leaders and captains of industry.

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 16, 2015

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Some Jews wanted to subvert our fine Western democracies with the evils of Communism.

Or worse, the evils of atomic weaponry!

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Amergin posted:

Nah, we're more the steal-and-kill-your-children-for-our-satanic-rituals kind of people. Good thing everyone spread the word and made sure so few of us got into America during the Holocaust or you'd have a serious national security problem on your hands today! :yum:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

oh Oppenheimer, such a tragic and interesting figure.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Jeb! is apparently calling for keeping all the (non-Christian) refugees in safe zones, so it's also the former Yugoslavia all over again.

yeah, thats lovely too. but santorum wants them to bootstrap and martyr themselves.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Pat Garofalo, R-MN state legislature posted:

At the risk of stating the painfully obvious, please allow me to remind Facebook that refugees are granted access to a nation, not a state. If state government could control who enters their state, I would immediately require Minnesota to refuse entry to A) anyone who opposes immunizing children, B) people who think the landing on the moon was a hoax and C) anyone responsible for the Vikings trade for Herschel Walker in 1989.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Huge piece of poo poo literally says 'awesome' to 9/11, but realizes that's hosed up when an actress she likes dies.

I'm glad that you took that from the article, that's the lesson to be learned here.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
He's so close to being right I can taste it, just needs the tiniest bit of introspection.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Dapper_Swindler posted:

if its not in the first few amendments of the constitution it doesn't matter

unless its used to support something a dumb interpretation of said amendments

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Published September 28th, over a month ago. He also did a profanity-laced montage last episode calling out the attackers for his last episode.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

seiferguy posted:

Published September 28th, over a month ago. He also did a profanity-laced montage last episode calling out the attackers for his last episode.

For every one person that clicks that image, checks the date, and realizes it's from before the attack there will fifteen who see it while scrolling Facebook under the headline "Liberal Brit Hates French, Loves Muslims", feel mad about John Oliver and muslims, and keep scrolling. Eventually a sixteenth will break the silence to leave a lovely, racist comment that the other fifteen like a little later.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

It must be nice for ISIS to know they have 2/3 of congress controlled by a party that can't see past their own nose. Makes strategy a bit less complicated.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Talmonis posted:

On that tack, would ISIS go so far as to time an attack during the election year to ensure a Republican wave and response?

You'd also have the Trumpstaffel attacking Muslims in the US and ISIS could find itself some more receptive recruits for more US based attacks.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Kohler Co, which has a long history of animosity between management and the workers, is once again in the midst of a strike. Let's see how this plays out in Walkers Wisconsin

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/story/news/local/2015/11/16/75867248/

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Add Iowa to the list. :(

This after we just patted ourselves on the back this summer for being the first state to step forward and take in Vietnamese refugees in 1975 after the fall of Saigon.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mr Hootington posted:

Add Iowa to the list. :(

This after we just patted ourselves on the back this summer for being the first state to step forward and take in Vietnamese refugees in 1975 after the fall of Saigon.

I really feel that if you send Joni Ernst to the senate you kinda give up the ability to pat yourself on the back for at least a 2 year election cycle.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bqhatevwr of the day, “I remember also back when we met the president, we were talking about budgeting at the White House compound there, and they just got bin Laden. I walked up to him and I said, Mr. President, you just got big balls.” ~ Scotty B.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

Bqhatevwr of the day, “I remember also back when we met the president, we were talking about budgeting at the White House compound there, and they just got bin Laden. I walked up to him and I said, Mr. President, you just got big balls.” ~ Scotty B.

This was pre-deflategate, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

nachos posted:

It must be nice for ISIS to know they have 2/3 of congress controlled by a party that can't see past their own nose. Makes strategy a bit less complicated.

It must be nice for ISIS to know that it doesn't even take a terror attack on U.S. soil to shut down the US Government.

• Locked thread