Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Which sign do you need? "Do this", "Don't do that", or "Cant you read the sign?". There are plenty around, but they block out the scenery and give me a headache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

nullscan posted:

Which sign do you need? "Do this", "Don't do that", or "Cant you read the sign?". There are plenty around, but they block out the scenery and give me a headache.

You are clearly a long haired freaky person. You should tuck that poo poo up under your hat.

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009
I once saw a no trumpets sign in Busan. I have a photo if you want that.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

ladron posted:

You are clearly a long haired freaky person. You should tuck that poo poo up under your hat.

Actually a long haired redneck. He don't need some turkey telling him he ain't country

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
The first menu is up, as I said everything is going to be simple midwestern/southern USA food.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Forgot the important part

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Maxsmart posted:

relish tray? lol what are we gonna have hot dogs or something with this?

edit no but srsly thank you for helping cook or whatever for the thing

nervana
Dec 9, 2010

Love Stole the Day posted:

relish tray? lol what are we gonna have hot dogs or something with this?

edit no but srsly thank you for helping cook or whatever for the thing

Come out, LSD. We are waiting for you.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Maxsmart posted:

This is of course not counting anything someone wants to cook or bring! I'll me making a casserole and maybe some sides as well.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Gildiss posted:

I would schedule it now as there will be quite some time before there is an open interview timeslot. We booked in early Sept and the soonest opening was Nov 22. We skirted that by clicking the Priority Status or whatever and booking for Oct 5 then explaining that we had a time constraint when they contacted and said Hey you arent priority you can't do that! and they gave us an Oct 8 date.
Maybe next time have an actual confirmation on your lovely site next time guys and I wont exploit your dumb system haha.

Probably should have just asked you directly.

We ended up calling the hospital and they said we wouldn't get the results for a week anyway, so now we're scheduled for an interview late next month.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

China looks soooo beta here. Alpha Japan moving in

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

drat i had no idea you could hoverhandshake

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
China is uncomfortable with Korea, unlike Japan.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)

Whizbang posted:

Japan has a more "intimate" relationship.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Glorious leader President Park!

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Cathay has a January promotion:

330 000 Won roundtrip. I'm tempted to come over and say hi to my beloved Korean goons, but who else is in Seoul? Seems like everyone is gone already :( Or they never come out.

And best regards to goonsgiving, this year Im in Nuremberg, can't come :( No more ovens in Germany

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Whizbang posted:

Li Ke Qiang likes to be cucked by Xi Jin Ping. He's the Premier but his policies and position is getting hijacked from that fake literature loving piece of poo poo

Gilgamesh_Novem
Jun 12, 2007

caberham posted:

330 000 Won roundtrip. I'm tempted to come over and say hi to my beloved Korean goons, but who else is in Seoul? Seems like everyone is gone already :( Or they never come out.

And best regards to goonsgiving, this year Im in Nuremberg, can't come :( No more ovens in Germany

January from where to Seoul?
Gilg husband and I are looking at May promotion. He liked snow last time when he was in Korea.
Dad wants to take him fishing so I guess earlier this time then.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

caberham posted:

We all know Gimhae is better than Seoul

Andro
Jun 30, 2010
Gimhae for life.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Maxsmart posted:

We all know Gimhae is better than Seoul

Andro posted:

Gimhae for life.

It's true :qq: But I miss you guys :qq:

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
caberham, I'm still in Seoul and I'm p sure I owe you a burrito. I don't think we have horchatas in Seoul though.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

AmbientParadox posted:

caberham, I'm still in Seoul and I'm p sure I owe you a burrito. I don't think we have horchatas in Seoul though.

I'm sure you can find it somewhere. Even McDonalds here has churros now.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore

ladron posted:

be more specific and maybe

There is a sign in either Itaewon Station or Samgakji station. It is written in English and depicts the plight of Korean women under Japanese authority. A phrase like, "These were our mothers" or a similar phrase figured prominently.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

AmbientParadox posted:

There's a new mexican place called Baja something that has it on the hill between Itaewon and Noksapyeong

poly and open-minded fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 4, 2015

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

DreadLlama posted:

There is a sign in either Itaewon Station or Samgakji station. It is written in English and depicts the plight of Korean women under Japanese authority. A phrase like, "These were our mothers" or a similar phrase figured prominently.

I'll take a look but no promises. I generally ride my motorcycle, not the subway.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

There are quite a few horchata options in Seoul. There were even some in Osan my first year here.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore

ladron posted:

I'll take a look but no promises. I generally ride my motorcycle, not the subway.

This is good and noble of you. Motorcycling is a manly vocation and the one true thing I miss about my time there.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Just found a Viet lunch place in Daegu (near Kyungbook Uni) that makes a great Ca Phe Sua Da and a decent Bahn Mi. I don't miss home any more at all.

theravenpope
Feb 9, 2015
So I'm headed back to Seoul from the states next month. Anyone have any experience transferring money between a Korea citi bank, and US citi bank accounts? I don't have any accounts with either of them, but if it's easier and significantly better, I'd be willing to.
I currently have an NH account, and transfers are a flat 25 a pop. Is it worth the effort to change it?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Meanwhile in Korea

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Meanwhile in Korea last night.

Andro
Jun 30, 2010
You're gonna get arrested for intent to distribute flavor.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Andro posted:

You're gonna get arrested for intent to distribute flavor.

I have the red flavor in there.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Wait, you can eat Himalayan pink salt? I thought it was just for decoration.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Aesis posted:

Wait, you can eat Himalayan pink salt? I thought it was just for decoration.

I can eat it. You can't.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

DontAskKant posted:

Meanwhile in Korea last night.

You should use a tool box so you can slide out all the ingredients instead of stacking them on top!

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

caberham posted:

You should use a tool box so you can slide out all the ingredients instead of stacking them on top!

It's just right there because it's a better picture, but lol at buying a toolbox in Korea. They'll be stacked in threes on a shallow shelf.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

DontAskKant posted:

It's just right there because it's a better picture, but lol at buying a toolbox in Korea. They'll be stacked in threes on a shallow shelf.

I don't understand why that's a "lol."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Bugblatter posted:

I don't understand why that's a "lol."

What I'm picturing is a metal pull out toolbox that in the US is like 200 and takes up a lot of space. Super useful if you really value easy access and organization, but costly in terms of expense and space given up. To get such a thing in Korea for a year...