Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

Mr Hootington posted:

Add Iowa to the list. :(

This after we just patted ourselves on the back this summer for being the first state to step forward and take in Vietnamese refugees in 1975 after the fall of Saigon.

Your neighbors in Brownbackistan are right there with you, which should come as a surprise to no one. It's especially funny because immigration is responsible for revitalizing (to a degree) a few dying rural towns in Western Kansas, Garden and Dodge Cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Also, I just found out that my dad will lose his insurance Dec 1st (he's retired) and the union isn't even trying to fight for retired individuals. Going on my mother's plan or the market will cost him nearly 2/3 of his pension as he understands it currently.

For gently caress's sake.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Are unions usually such a disgrace?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

GlitchThief posted:

Whats a union?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

hangedman1984 posted:

Whats a union?

A miserable little pile of workers. But enough labor negotiation, have at you!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

GlitchThief posted:

See the Kohler union fight above. They'll fail the messaging game, of course, but fighting together for the rights and wages of lower tiered union employees is pretty much the antithesis of FYGM.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

GlitchThief posted:

In the US unions, for poor people, are effectively dead and shat upon by both sides of the aisle.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Unions own, I wish I could join a union. There's no receptionist's union.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
A better article:
http://www.jsonline.com/business/kohler-workers-appear-to-reject-offer-setting-up-first-union-strike-since-1983-b99616441z1-349915121.html

This work stoppage effects more workers than all stoppages from last year combined.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I wonder if 60 years later people will be wondering what the gently caress we were thinking, just like normal people do today about refusing the Jewish refugees escaping Hitler and the Japanese internment. We are so goddamn retarded as a nation.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

LorneReams posted:

I wonder if 60 years later people will be wondering what the gently caress we were thinking, just like normal people do today about refusing the Jewish refugees escaping Hitler and the Japanese internment. We are so goddamn retarded as a nation.

Uh, the actions of the Reagan administration during the Central American refugee crisis were much more shameful than this (and apparently forgotten, since you declined to mention it).

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Senate has unanimously passed S Res 313, condemning the Paris attacks. :bravo:

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

LorneReams posted:

Right? History will not look kindly on these guys.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Final Louisiana governor's debate is live now if anyone's interested: http://www.brproud.com/governors-debate-live-stream

8 minutes in, and everything was breaking loose at the Syria question.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Talmonis posted:

On that tack, would ISIS go so far as to time an attack during the election year to ensure a Republican wave and response?

Hillary Clinton campaign reminds voters she got Obama to pull the trigger on bin laden, implies willingness to do the same to ISIS. Republicans fail.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

I want that shirt!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Hootington posted:

Add Iowa to the list. :(

This after we just patted ourselves on the back this summer for being the first state to step forward and take in Vietnamese refugees in 1975 after the fall of Saigon.

I sent a message to the governor through the official website, and I tried to be as polite as possible so his secretary will at least read through it before dragging it to the trash.

Man, I can't wait until he retires again. Maybe this time we won't have someone boring like Chet Culver running.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Pat Garofalo

holy poo poo a sane republican

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
http://www.brproud.com/governors-debate-live-stream

This is a crazy fuckin governor debate in Louisiana and yins should be listening to it. The crowd is hilarious.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Right? History will not look kindly on these guys.

:iceburn:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Still waiting on Jerry Brown...

Here you go.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

http://www.brproud.com/governors-debate-live-stream

This is a crazy fuckin governor debate in Louisiana and yins should be listening to it. The crowd is hilarious.

Crowd still don't like Obama though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Glad to see he's got the 6 percent scumbag vote locked down.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Maybe it's the 6% loving with polls demographic.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nonsense posted:

Crowd still don't like Obama though.

In Louisiana? Whaaaaa?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

Glad to see he's got the 6 percent scumbag vote locked down.

hobbesmaster posted:

At the end of the day: it's Louisiana.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

In Louisiana? Whaaaaa?

Vitter seems to be doing ok running on that. Hope he loses, I fear anti-Obama wave riding on the backs of terror-attacks.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

At the end of the day: it's Louisiana.

It's probably the same people anyways.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

Vitter seems to be doing ok running on that. Hope he loses, I fear anti-Obama wave riding on the backs of terror-attacks.

Doing okay as in polling behind Edwards? Sure.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

hobbesmaster posted:

Margin of error looks to be ~4.5% so that actually might be possible.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Doing okay as in polling behind Edwards? Sure.

Polls are a dog, compared to Voting Day. GOTV. Don't underestimate scumbags like Vitter.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

hmm, so is it true he may actualy lose the race? After jindals wonderful work, i am sure people cant buy into diaper shitters ideas.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hmm, so is it true he may actualy lose the race? After jindals wonderful work, i am sure people cant buy into diaper shitters ideas.

It's a lot more possible than we thought three weeks ago.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

Polls are a dog, compared to Voting Day. GOTV. Don't underestimate scumbags like Vitter.

I'm not underestimating him, but he & Jindal are pretty much viewed as bros across the state and that's a pretty toxic thing right now here.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Gotta say, I love that 6%.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm watching the end of this Louisiana gov debate and omg the boos are amazing

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Little Mac posted:

I'm watching the end of this Louisiana gov debate and omg the boos are amazing

It's like Jerry Springer for Governor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Gotta say, I love that 6%.

Any goon that would not answer "more likely" should ban themselves tbh.

I mean, it's not running a troll republican campaign, but you have to start somewhere.

• Locked thread