Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

UPDATE I just got something called Screw Attack. This is sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

Metroid Prime: Federation Force.

Lol.

I don't even know

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

Welcome.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Killing the two space pirates took me longer than anything else in the game, I figured out they were vulnerable after jump kicks but baiting them to do it is incredibly tedious

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

Killing the two space pirates took me longer than anything else in the game, I figured out they were vulnerable after jump kicks but baiting them to do it is incredibly tedious

you only fight them one more time in the game and you may have an easier time with them at that point ;)

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This pterodactyl thing is pretty tough.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Benny D posted:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

An otherwise empty room with a shattered glass tube. I'm sure there's nothing ominous about this!!

I killed the flying pterodactyl thing with charged plasma shots. I tried missiles first and I died but it was easy with beams

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

hell yes it is

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I got a gba sp, zero mission and fusion for 25 bucks. I beat super metroid the other day so zero mission is next. I didn't really like metroid NES so have been putting off playing this but i hear its good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

An otherwise empty room with a shattered glass tube. I'm sure there's nothing ominous about this!!

I killed the flying pterodactyl thing with charged plasma shots. I tried missiles first and I died but it was easy with beams

i usually just unload all my sups on ridley and then do charge shots. he has a shitton of health

now you can head to the final area, but it's a one-way street so try running around and finding collectibles first if you want

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Benny D posted:

Seriously how have you not picked up who Ridley is just by osmosis?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

That metroid saved my life..........

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I failed the escape sequence by one second,

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Benny D posted:

What the hell

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The operation was completed. Play time: 7:06

I may have mentioned this was my first time I'll make sure I look up all of the boss names for prime first so I don't trigger anyone again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

I may have mentioned this was my first time I'll make sure I look up all of the boss names for prime first so I don't trigger anyone again

no ones mad at you it's just bizarre. it's like not knowing who bowser is and calling it "the spiky turtle thing"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

congrats btw. i cant wait to hear about your experience with prime, as that is my fave game ever

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

el jefe Ridley de las series Metroid, uno de mis villanos favoritos

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Charged Plasma is indeed the best and quickest choice for Ridley. Nice work op.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Bobnumerotres posted:

*has to use a password to start with the items i left off with, probably nowhere near where i was with no map, no energy tanks and only 30 HP that i have to grind local enemies to refill* this is the good metroid

Hell yeah. Those are the things that make it good.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

You just played one of the best games ever

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Real talk the metroid saving you is still one of the most powerful moments in gaming for me

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Benny D posted:

You're about to experience scanning for the first time. Enjoy.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frank.club posted:

Real talk the metroid saving you is still one of the most powerful moments in gaming for me

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I found my nes style gba sp and it still works but the screen is super washed out. I thought it was age damage or something but apparently the first round of SP's have lovely screens so maybe it's always been like this and I never noticed? I was looking forward to replaying Fusion.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

I found my nes style gba sp and it still works but the screen is super washed out. I thought it was age damage or something but apparently the first round of SP's have lovely screens so maybe it's always been like this and I never noticed? I was looking forward to replaying Fusion.

Yeah its bad you need to get an AGS-101 model or GB micro, both have good backlit screens

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok imagine the finale of super metroid but the self destruct sequence starts when you enter mother brain's chamber, and when you get to the end she's already in her mechachicken form and her only attack is just the rainbow blast right away. Then the baby metroid comes in and instead of sucking her dry, mother brain just kills it pretty much right away but then you absorb its corpse to gain the hyper beam and kill her. Well congratulations you basically just imagined the loving ending to Metroid Fusion, it pisses me off because they tried to recreate or do an homage to the incredible Super Metroid finale and they somehow got every single thing wrong

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SA-X saving you was really weird and only a few games have achieved that awesome beat down moment you get on MB (unpopular opinion but the end to the newer Tomb Raider game feels close). I maintain Fusion is very good but it looking back it's definitely a precursor to what other m would be.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Super Metroid will always be the best Metroid

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

no ones mad at you it's just bizarre. it's like not knowing who bowser is and calling it "the spiky turtle thing"
I was cranky I took a nap 😅

I only got 60% completion. I thought I was pretty thorough!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

SA-X saving you was really weird

it was!! wth. i mean i get it sa-x and metroids dont get along but like, coulda just given me that ice beam

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've never played Super Metroid. What's the best way to play it? Is it in the Nintendo shop on the Wii U?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I believe so, but if it's emulated it's a must to play with a good controller.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

it was!! wth. i mean i get it sa-x and metroids dont get along but like, coulda just given me that ice beam
It especially doesn't make sense because as far as the SA-X is concerned, you're a Metroid. You're a Metroid shaped like a human, but you eat X. The SA-X should just see two predators fighting.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've never played Super Metroid. What's the best way to play it? Is it in the Nintendo shop on the Wii U?

I played it on a PSP

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

everything about fusion's ending is terrible and feels rushed tbh lol. locking you into the final boss if you set foot in any info room after the screw attack is one of the most heinous crimes in gaming imo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

everything about fusion's ending is terrible and feels rushed tbh lol. locking you into the final boss if you set foot in any info room after the screw attack is one of the most heinous crimes in gaming imo
The game peaks with the buildup to and fight with the Nightmare. That's a cool sequence. Which is why they tried to do it again, but worse, in Other M.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the fight with sa-x itself was really lame. bait, charge shot, bait, charge shot, shred the retarded frog thing it turns into with 2-3 charge shots and its over. i dont know. there are so many crazy boss fights in the game, especially stuff like the nightmare, and then sa-x is just powerless against the wave beam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

thats how i played it

• Locked thread