Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

etalian posted:

lmao predictably GOP governors announced they don't want any Syria civil war refugees in their states.

theyre obviously concerned for the saftety of their citizens

*cuts medicaid*

*mass shooting kills 30*

they are safe now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 4, 2010

anime akbar

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Terrorists Win!! :(

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agag posted:

Hezbollah is my preferred anti-ISIS faction.

The other fly in the ointment is how the US doesn't want any more Iranian involvement in the conflict.

So most loyal western allies are sitting on the sidelines or actually inflaming the problem in the case of Saudi Arabia

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Clockwerk posted:

Can someone explain why everyone in the region hates the poo poo out of the Kurds but we tolerate and sometimes defend them?

they are neither Turkic nor Arab, and the mid east is a region of intense ethnic rivalry. The US defends them despite their occasional terrorist outbursts because they are surprisingly sane and have, more importantly, been very politically astute in their dealings with various administrations.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Maoist Pussy posted:

D&D's response today is "restructure the French economy" and "Kill All Men".

D&D provides a important, necessary foil to the type of poster who thinks that "it's bad to murder a bunch of people or have sex with a child"

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Yudo posted:

they are neither Turkic nor Arab, and the mid east is a region of intense ethnic rivalry. The US defends them despite their occasional terrorist outbursts because they are surprisingly sane and have, more importantly, been very politically astute in their dealings with various administrations.

Yeah their dealing with the Bush 1 administration were top notch.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
is there any isis-outfit for the sims 3?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

finally this thread is going somewhere

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Is it still cool to wear keffiyehs to my grad school classes or no?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yudo posted:

Also helps that Kurds don't throw away their weapons and flee like the Iraqi army.

peshmerga are badass

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Maoist Pussy posted:

Is it still cool to wear keffiyehs to my grad school classes or no?

only in scarf form

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ork of Fiction posted:

D&D provides a important, necessary foil to the type of poster who thinks that "it's bad to murder a bunch of people or have sex with a child"

I find it amusing that the guy handing out probations and closing the thread due to discussions of Islam is the same guy who spammed multiple GBS threads with various GIFs that just said "Death to Israel."

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TheIllestVillain posted:

theyre obviously concerned for the saftety of their citizens

*cuts medicaid*

*mass shooting kills 30*

they are safe now

hey if they're gonna get shot they can at least get shot by fellow americans

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fabricated posted:

hey if they're gonna get shot they can at least get shot by fellow americans

foreigners shouldn't be stealing american jobs....

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I find it amusing that the guy handing out probations and closing the thread due to discussions of Islam is the same guy who spammed multiple GBS threads with various GIFs that just said "Death to Israel."

theyre basically huff post personified

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Raider posted:

theyre basically huff post personified

More like Salon.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Worth it. :golfclap:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
dnd is pretty insanely bad, yes. We've been over this.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

but enough about dungeons and dragons

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

ethanol posted:

but enough about dungeons and dragons

Debate & Discussion is giving my deplorable nerd hobby a bad name through brand confusion.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
That was an extensive anime hunt.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Darth123123 posted:

That was an extensive anime hunt.

That was probably two minutes on Deviantart.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

because you already knew where to look?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

etalian posted:

The other fly in the ointment is how the US doesn't want any more Iranian involvement in the conflict.

So most loyal western allies are sitting on the sidelines or actually inflaming the problem in the case of Saudi Arabia

even israel is sitting this one out because they really hate iran and thereby all shiites

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

even israel is sitting this one out because they really hate iran and thereby all shiites

pro click

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5nigZzgf4Y

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Huh saw this before and I never understood the Israel part. Now I do.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah, you should read 'em. They're all loving nuts and an excellent argument in of themselves for atheism.

i read the King James bible cuz I love that archaic English.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah as soon as I heard the word caliphate on the news I was expecting immediate overwhelming response but instead all we got was slowly watching this group of retards become a major world issue.

well the UN also didn't do poo poo, surprise surprise.

4 years ago they could have done something but instead they just sat there trying to figure out of Syria was in a civil war.

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

poopzilla posted:

we need to leverage the two greatest evils on earth again each other. Anime and religious fanatics
I honestly thought you were going to say Russia and America, but you took it in the comedy direction.

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Moridin920 posted:

I'm legit upset about us not taking ISIS as an opportunity to bro out with Russia and do some good old fashioned imperialism in the Middle East together. You could heal a huge rift between two great nations, solve a problem, and have everyone in the world love you for it. Except ISIS I guess but gently caress them.
I kind of get where you're coming from until you used the terms 'imperialism' and 'solve a problem.' You do realize that it is precisely because of 'good old fashioned imperialism in the Middle East' that this is all a problem, right? Or is this one of those American logic 'the solution to gun violence is more guns' kind of post?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ntDX46dEbo

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
is paris still under attack?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Or imagine blowing yourself up in the name of Allah only to find out the 72 virgins are all D&D posters

:thurman:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Paris was Under Attack.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Freestyle posted:

I kind of get where you're coming from until you used the terms 'imperialism' and 'solve a problem.' You do realize that it is precisely because of 'good old fashioned imperialism in the Middle East' that this is all a problem, right? Or is this one of those American logic 'the solution to gun violence is more guns' kind of post?

Shadowy Figure: You said you wanted to get ISIS. Do you really wanna get them? You see what I'm saying is, what are you prepared to do?

Hollande: Anything within international law.

Shadowy Figure: And then what are you prepared to do? If you send a carrier into the Mediterranean then you must be prepared to go all the way. Because they're not gonna give up the fight until their Caliphate is established in the Middle East.

Hollande: I want to get ISIS! I don't know how to do it.

Shadowy Figure: You wanna know how to get ISIS? They film a beheading, you film an air strike. They attack Paris, you level Raqqa. That's the western way! And that's how you get ISIS. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I'm offering you a deal. Do you want this deal?

Hollande: I have sworn to defeat ISIS with all the powers at my disposal and I will do so.

Shadowy Figure: Do you know what a blood oath is Mister Hollande?

Hollande: Yes.

Shadowy Figure: Good, because you just took one.

*Shadowy Figure steps into the light*

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Mange Mite posted:

Israel acting would be bad for whatever anti-isis coalition comes to form. 90% of Bush 1's diplomacy during gulf war 1 was directed at keeping the Israelis from acting despite getting scud missiles lobbed at them; in fact this dictated much of the air campaign's strategy: hunt and destroy scud launchers even though as a weapon they were tactically useless. Plus Raytheon got to sell lots of patriot antimissile systems--at the time I don't think they actually worked that well but that little fact was brushed under the rug and the patriot was a huge propaganda (and financial) coup.

I doubt the Arab states and Turkey would be willing to join up with a coalition that involves Israel and would be interpreted terribly by the various factions in Syria. Turkey not playing ball would be a huge issue.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

There is an inactive attack going on right now in Paris

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
can wait for the movie(s)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Freestyle posted:

I honestly thought you were going to say Russia and America, but you took it in the comedy direction.

i wasnt joking

• Locked thread